Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 15:58 - Dec 2 with 4481 viewsAntti_Heinola

Apologies for the radio silence, missed one or two games due to a combination of illness, travel, work and child-rearing. Great to be back to review Thursday's game. Or so i hoped.

1. PERCH: By many accounts he was lucky to stay on the pitch on Saturday, but if he's trying to get himself suspended so he can have his feet up over the busy Christmas period (and don't think players don't do that), he's timed his run as badly as his idiotic tackle last night. Rare is that a red card to a home player is not greeted with absolute fury by the local faithful, but here was that rare beast. A red card you couldn't argue with.

And yet still, some blame has been placed elsewhere. One fan on here said it was Chery's fault because of a poor flick and Perch had to do 'something'. Well, yes. Stand his ground and not dive in two-footed when a player is closer to the halfway line than the penalty box. Act like you remember the stupid yellow card you got earlier. Newsflash: players give the ball away all the time, especially in this league - most of the time his teammates don't panic and launch themselves dangerously into a mindless challenge. Because that would be stupid.

And then Ian 'you won't catch me shouting at referees' Holloway blames the ref for the first yellow. Well, I'm not going to deny that last night's ref was boring, relied on guesswork, refused to allow the game to flow, was overly officious and generally making sure his face was on TV as much as possible so that he can take screengrabs and impress girls with it on Tinder later, but the rules are pretty clear this season. Abuse to officials is a yellow card. It might have been harsh, but we don't know what was said and the fact remains if Perch had just shut up and concentrated on playing football, he wouldn't have got that card. Blaming the ref is pathetic, I'm afraid, when Perch has no one to blame but himself. Perch cost us the game. That's the end of it.

2. ROUND HOLES: But even if he did cost us the game, there were plenty of others queuing up to do likewise. Starting with our manager. 'At last!' went the cry. 'Round pegs! Round holes!' Apparently no one quite remembered Bignot, Palmer, Santos, Rose etc at CM. Or Santos up front. Or Biggie at left back. Or Gallen at right wing. As with JFH, though, Ollie had his reasons and had to cut his cloth as best he could. But he was up to his old tricks again last night. If JFH had started that formation with that personnel I suspect this board would have exploded at some stage last night.

Firstly, I'd love someone to explain what kind of formation we were playing, because I could not work it out for the life of me. After all the reports about people 'knowing their jobs' against Norwich, I felt possibly only the centre backs really knew what they were supposed to be doing last night. It looked like it would be 3-4-3 again, but Hall, without any doubt, was playing in central midfield. No idea why, when we had at least two actual centre midfielders on the bench. So it was four at the back then? Except on one side Perch had Chery in front of him, while on the other Robinson - pilloried by many - had... well, no one. Mainly because Hall, Sandro and Luongo all seemed to be playing in exactly the same position. Chery was neither a number 10 nor a right winger. It was, even before the red card, a complete and utter lopsided mess with no width at all with which to supply our two strikers. The sending off might make the headlines, but I've no idea what was going on even before that.

It's funny - JFH was fired because the overwhelming belief was that this side should be challenging for the play-offs. Two defeats in and now it's the players who aren't working, who aren't good enough, who aren't leading properly (as if we weren't relegated twice and regularly shat on when Hill, Derry and Barton were at the club). I sorely want Ollie to do well, I love the man, on a personal level the greatest football moments of my life have come from him and, once, in front of him (I happened to score the best goal of my life in a friendly match in which he was on my team a few weeks after our promotion) - at least he might, I hope, get a bit more patience than JFH did - although, I doubt it, as there are already rumblings from some quarters.

3. SANDRO: I won't waste too much time on him, because he clearly wastes very little time getting, you know, fit. If this tosspot had ever played three decent games in a row for us I could understand the frankly idiotic calls for him to be included in the side. But he hasn't. Ever. Had. Three. Decent. Games. Has he even had one? I don't recall it. A couple of 7/10s maybe.

And last night was just more of the same Sandro. A couple of big flashy hardcore tackles to get the crowd purring, but other than that poor distribution, poor positioning and most of all a total lack of fitness that saw him drop out of the game completely 50 minutes in. How is this even remotely acceptable? Ollie said he had to take him off because he couldn't do 60 minutes. So why play him then? Why? What was he going to do in those 60 minutes that was so special? Especially when we have a young, hungry central midfielder with a fantastic attitude and a great engine doing sweet FA on the bench who very clearly needs a solid run in the side in central midfield.

I get that Ollie is going through a process of giving everyone a chance, but this was a terrible, terrible selection that cost him dear. If you pick him, it means you have effectively lost a sub. You have three, now you have two. And because Perch got sent off, he was left with one unenforced sub with which to try and alter the game. It is madness. And what do we hear? Luongo is too lightweight because he doesn't make one or two bone-crunching tackles per game that get everyone roaring - even though he won the ball four times as often as Sandro last night.

And Ollie's explanation of Henry for Sandro made so little sense to me. I thought the booing was outrageous, but to some degree it was understandable when Cousins was left on the bench. What we needed was legs and dynamism, not yet another player on the pitch who doesn't want the ball and won't take responsibility when he does have it.

4. CHERY: No, it wasn't his best game, but some of the stick he's receiving is getting a little silly now. Partly it's because some people seem to think other people think he's a great hero. I don't think anyone does. He doesn't even have his own song yet. But, in a little over a year, he's managed 14 goals and a lot of assists. And a lot more assists that have not been converted by our less-than-confident strikers. One of the positives towards the end of last season was the partnership between Polti and Chery - the way they linked up, the way Polter made space for Chery, the way Chery could find him, as he did so well v Norwich the other week. Now that relationship is almost as dormant as the Mahrez-Vardy one at Leicester (Mahrez has not found him with a pass since late September) because they play so far apart. Last night, thanks to Perch, Chery had to drop incredibly deep to get the ball and, along with Luongo, was one of the only sparks (apart from Robinson's hopeful throw-ins) that looked like it might start a fire in the Wolves half. Yes, he gave the ball away a fair bit. But he was *trying* to make something happen. Trying to find a decent pass. Trying to unlock their defence. He was taking responsibility, even if it failed more often than not. And he was forced to have to do it from his own half most of the time, partly because of a poor selection and tactics that should have Bosh going mad about 'how to set a team up,' and partly because we were down to 10 men.

At the moment, I think he's trying to carry our team on his back, and he shouldn't be. He should be part of it, part of the threat, but he's trying to do too much, to play the killer pass too often and he's also playing too deep for someone who can be so effective when he has the ball at his feet 20 yards out.

5. SMITHIES: A howler at Ipswich, but one of his very few in his 11 months between the sticks for us. And as against Ipswich he was the difference between a defeat and an absolute shellacking. At least 4 tremendous saves, that might have earned us a point had Lynch been able to sort his feet out in time. At the moment, he seems to be nailed on player of the season. Who else is there? What he does particularly well is stand up and make himself big - three saves came from him not over-committing and simply filling up the space the striker had to aim at. After Tom Heaton was beaten so easily v Spain the other week, I have to ask how long we might hold onto him - he's better than at least a third of the goalies in the Prem.

6. LONERGAN: Oh for a brief moment I thought it was happening all over again! The great Lonergan, how I love him. There was a time where we pretty much put two or three past him every time we played him. More importantly, he was in goal for Preston when we beat them at LR 4-0 in 2009; when Dex scored a late winner to make it 3-2 in 2008; and also earlier that year when we were 2-0 down in the 90th minute and Ainsworth and Dex both scored in injury time to grab us a draw. 'Andy Lonergan, it's happened again!' I was desperate to sing. But then Lynch missed his kick, and Lonners' nightmare was over. It had all looked so perfect when Ikeme got that injury. Lonny must have been bricking it. Oh well.

Bare bones.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 16:16 - Dec 2 with 2807 viewsWokingR

Well done Antti, you've pretty much summed it up
Think you needed to emphasise that some of our fans are complete pricks a little bit more though
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 16:17 - Dec 2 with 2806 viewsJeff

maybe i'm absolutely barking mad, but didn't Ikeme play for Wolves last night (as opposed to Longeran)?!
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 16:18]

Can we not knock it?

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 16:18 - Dec 2 with 2798 viewsterryb

Thanks Antti.

I think this is up there with the best of your knee jerks.

I didn't consider it at the time, but surely when Perch was sent off it would have been better if we had changed to a back three? At least we would have still been able to cvompete in midfield.

I have seen criticism of Robinson from some posters on various boards. Well, I thought that last night he was expected to be playing left back, left wing back & left winger. All at the same time! Not an easy job to try to fulfil.

How we can retain Smithies come January I don't know. There must be more than a few premier clubs that will have him on their wish list.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 16:31 - Dec 2 with 2754 viewshoof_hearted

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 16:17 - Dec 2 by Jeff

maybe i'm absolutely barking mad, but didn't Ikeme play for Wolves last night (as opposed to Longeran)?!
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 16:18]

The 2 aren't mutually exclusive. You may well be barking mad. Ikeme got injured and Lonnie Donegan came on signing "my Old Man's a Dustman" for the last 15 minutes or so.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 16:40 - Dec 2 with 2734 viewsJeff

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 16:31 - Dec 2 by hoof_hearted

The 2 aren't mutually exclusive. You may well be barking mad. Ikeme got injured and Lonnie Donegan came on signing "my Old Man's a Dustman" for the last 15 minutes or so.

Aaah yes, i remember now, that did happen!

Can we not knock it?

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 16:46 - Dec 2 with 2711 viewsAntti_Heinola

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 16:40 - Dec 2 by Jeff

Aaah yes, i remember now, that did happen!

I even mentioned the Ikeme injury Jeff ;)

Bare bones.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 18:18 - Dec 2 with 2596 viewsBoston

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 16:46 - Dec 2 by Antti_Heinola

I even mentioned the Ikeme injury Jeff ;)

Still suffering from blind rage y'see.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 18:23 - Dec 2 with 2591 viewsBurnleyhoop

Sandro might get "match" fit if, you know, he was given a run of matches to play in.

Instead, let's play Henry, the sloth of the footballing world that has never, ever, been anything other than a league one player.

Strange how Olly stated that Sandro always knows where to be on the pitch during training and from my recollection of last nights game, found his own players with a pass more often than not. More than could be said of Chery and Luongo, who were almost completely ineffective along with Polter and Washington, despite putting 90 minutes in.

As for Chery's set pieces........laughable.

And how many headers did Luongo win compared to Sandro?

I guess we all have different perspectives on the tosh that is served up for us.

It's going to be a long season...again.
Login to get fewer ads

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 18:35 - Dec 2 with 2564 viewsNorthernr

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 18:23 - Dec 2 by Burnleyhoop

Sandro might get "match" fit if, you know, he was given a run of matches to play in.

Instead, let's play Henry, the sloth of the footballing world that has never, ever, been anything other than a league one player.

Strange how Olly stated that Sandro always knows where to be on the pitch during training and from my recollection of last nights game, found his own players with a pass more often than not. More than could be said of Chery and Luongo, who were almost completely ineffective along with Polter and Washington, despite putting 90 minutes in.

As for Chery's set pieces........laughable.

And how many headers did Luongo win compared to Sandro?

I guess we all have different perspectives on the tosh that is served up for us.

It's going to be a long season...again.

He's never fit enough for a run of games. How can you give a run of games to somebody who isn't fit enough for a run of games?

He arrived in this country in 2010, and has never once started more than half the games he should have been available for in a season. Here are the numbers in plain black and white for you.

2010/11 - 27 out of 53 Spurs games played
2011/12 - 27 out of 53
2012/13 - 27 out of 54
2013/14 - 25 out of 54 (leaves Spurs at this point, 24 of the apps since 2010 are as sub)
2014/15 - 18 out of 40
2015/16 - 24 out of 48 (of which 6 lasted less than four minutes)

What possible indication has he ever given that he's capable of a "run of games"?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 18:57 - Dec 2 with 2512 viewsTHEBUSH

Are Luongo and Chery both left sided players/left footed ?

Thought Luongo was our best player last night, never stopped running, bit like Holloway of old, but much more skillful than Oliie
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 19:26 - Dec 2 with 2463 viewsBurnleyhoop

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 18:35 - Dec 2 by Northernr

He's never fit enough for a run of games. How can you give a run of games to somebody who isn't fit enough for a run of games?

He arrived in this country in 2010, and has never once started more than half the games he should have been available for in a season. Here are the numbers in plain black and white for you.

2011/12 - 27 out of 53
2012/13 - 27 out of 54
2013/14 - 25 out of 54 (leaves Spurs at this point, 24 of the apps since 2010 are as sub)
2014/15 - 18 out of 40

What possible indication has he ever given that he's capable of a "run of games"?

Accept and can't argue with your stats Clive, but unless you tell me otherwise, he's been fit and available for most, if not all of this season. Even thrown his toys out when he didn't get a run out when sat on the bench. By all accounts he has trained hard and well under both JFH and Olly.

Yes he's on £50k, but blame Redknapp and the naivety of Fernandes for that.

He wants to play and is technically better than most if not all of our current players. Not one of the new boys has performed consistently enough to claim a permanent spot. Why aren't the Polish boys getting a look in?

Sandro must be doing something right to have got the nod in front Cousins and Borysuik.
I understand why he pisses you off big time, but ultimately, we need someone who can do a job for us on the pitch, because quite frankly, absolutely no one appears capable of grabbing a game by the scruff of the neck. We look like little boys lost.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 19:29 - Dec 2 with 2455 viewsNorthernr

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 19:26 - Dec 2 by Burnleyhoop

Accept and can't argue with your stats Clive, but unless you tell me otherwise, he's been fit and available for most, if not all of this season. Even thrown his toys out when he didn't get a run out when sat on the bench. By all accounts he has trained hard and well under both JFH and Olly.

Yes he's on £50k, but blame Redknapp and the naivety of Fernandes for that.

He wants to play and is technically better than most if not all of our current players. Not one of the new boys has performed consistently enough to claim a permanent spot. Why aren't the Polish boys getting a look in?

Sandro must be doing something right to have got the nod in front Cousins and Borysuik.
I understand why he pisses you off big time, but ultimately, we need someone who can do a job for us on the pitch, because quite frankly, absolutely no one appears capable of grabbing a game by the scruff of the neck. We look like little boys lost.

He played last night, couldn't finish the game. Holloway said himself if he'd left him on for the full 90 minutes he wouldn't have been able to walk today. Does that sound like somebody who's fit and available to you? He wasn't fit and available last night, he was fit and available for the first 55 minutes.

I completely agree we need somebody who can do a job for us on the pitch. That's not Sandro, one because he's shown over six years that he can't get out onto the pitch more than once every other game, and two because on the occasions he does get out onto the pitch he can only stay there for an hour.

And if that was grabbing a game by the scruff of the neck last night then I'm starting to think I might have a future in cage fighting.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 19:38 - Dec 2 with 2437 viewsPunteR

So is Perch the latest pantomime villain.? I'm losing track of who I'm suppose to boo. Shock horror,a player gets sent off in a football match.
Thanks for the knee jerk Antti. Not really having a dig at you just the general finger pointing at Perch.
It wasn't a good result but from various reports and from what I heard on the comms there are positives within this squad. The last 10 minutes showed the players do have a bit of fight in them. I just think Ollie needs a bit more time with them. I think he'll want some players in Jan though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 19:48 - Dec 2 with 2424 viewsNorthernr

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 19:38 - Dec 2 by PunteR

So is Perch the latest pantomime villain.? I'm losing track of who I'm suppose to boo. Shock horror,a player gets sent off in a football match.
Thanks for the knee jerk Antti. Not really having a dig at you just the general finger pointing at Perch.
It wasn't a good result but from various reports and from what I heard on the comms there are positives within this squad. The last 10 minutes showed the players do have a bit of fight in them. I just think Ollie needs a bit more time with them. I think he'll want some players in Jan though.

The criticism of Perch is valid because he'd done exactly the same thing at Ipswich a week ago. Doing it again was disgusting.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 19:54 - Dec 2 with 2398 viewsHunterhoop

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 19:29 - Dec 2 by Northernr

He played last night, couldn't finish the game. Holloway said himself if he'd left him on for the full 90 minutes he wouldn't have been able to walk today. Does that sound like somebody who's fit and available to you? He wasn't fit and available last night, he was fit and available for the first 55 minutes.

I completely agree we need somebody who can do a job for us on the pitch. That's not Sandro, one because he's shown over six years that he can't get out onto the pitch more than once every other game, and two because on the occasions he does get out onto the pitch he can only stay there for an hour.

And if that was grabbing a game by the scruff of the neck last night then I'm starting to think I might have a future in cage fighting.

I'm with you, Clive. Some people don't get it. Sticking to a narrative over facing reality.

He made one big tackle in front of the loft and was a passenger in an already crowded midfield for the rest of it.

Henry actually did alright when he came on. He had a left footed shot in injury time when the ball was pulled/ricocheted back to him which was arrowing into the bottom left corner but for a leg thrown out to block it away. Would have loved to see his reaction if it'd not been deflected and nestled in the corner.

Perch is a moron and has exhibited it on countless occasions. Derby last year isn't getting mentioned and that was moronic too.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 20:05 - Dec 2 with 2384 viewsBurnleyhoop

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 19:29 - Dec 2 by Northernr

No, he couldn't mange more than 60 minutes and probably wouldn't be able to play beyond that until he got, you guessed it, match fit. To do so, he needs to be selected on a regular basis. I would strongly suspect a few of the other squad players would be blowing out of their arses because they aren't getting match fit either.

Thing is, they aren't getting selected. Why is that? Probably because they're a bit shit. A bit shitter than the ones currently being selected that can barely string a pass together and go hiding when conceding a goal or two.

We need men on the pitch, at the moment it looks like sheep. I'd rather see a capable one legged man out there, than clueless pussies.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 20:08 - Dec 2 with 2380 viewsPunteR

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 19:48 - Dec 2 by Northernr

The criticism of Perch is valid because he'd done exactly the same thing at Ipswich a week ago. Doing it again was disgusting.

I guess its a valid point but is it enough to get the pitch forks out yet?.
He's had a mix bag of performances. Some poor some good. I think on the whole he's been ok. Alluding to him trying to get Christmas off is harsh(yes I'm looking at you now antti) and I don't think very helpful.
But than what do I know.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 21:05 - Dec 2 with 2298 viewsngbqpr

I'm clearly in a minority here (which may well be because this was the first home game I've seen live this season so haven't had to sit through a lot of the $hit ones)...but I didn't think it was that bad.

Sending off definitely cost us the game, but from half time to the first goal with 10 men we dominated, then after conceding two quick fire goals, we kept plugging away, forced Wolves back more & more, grabbed a goal, and were an air shot away from an equaliser.

Classic game? No. Worthy of some of the negative reactions? Equally, no.

Oh, and I thought it was clear the booing wasn't for Henry, but for the fact that a player of his type was brought on rather than, say, Cousins - odd given the state of the game at that time.

I went with a neutral last night whose summation was that we'd have won with a bit to spare but for the sending off; and that Chery was "a cut above everyone else on the pitch."

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 21:45 - Dec 2 with 2241 viewsWadR

On Sandro - it's now December, he's been training since pre-season began in late June, played in a number of friendlies for our development squad (including one where he was sent off for an altercation with an 18 year old), made 2 cup appearances, a couple of sub appearances in the league and he still cannot last 90 minutes without being unable to walk the next day.

Isn't this, and the stats posted by Clive, indicative there's something fundamentally wrong with him? I'd expect him to be lacking match fitness, in the 'little rusty', 'cramping up in the last 10 minutes' sense, not the physically shot after an hour.

Maybe, if he plays 3 or 4 games in a row, he'll work up his fitness to play 90 minutes. But, as pointed out above, that immediately means we're 1 sub down and there's just as much chance he'll get injured in those games. And what happens if he does reach peak fitness, and remains uninjured? We've used a handful of games (and a handful of substitutions) to work a player back to fitness who doesn't want to be here, won't be here in 6 months (possibly not even next month), whose appearance bonuses is probably higher than a lot of the other squad members' basic wage.

Otherwise, great stuff Antti as always, your Chery jerk is especially important. For some reason, please forgive me all, I had a look at WATRB after the game last night. There was a lengthy thread almost universally calling Chery shite, several posts saying we cannot play Chery and Luongo in the same side. Remarkable, that the response to our lack of creativity is to chastise our most creative player. The formation totally hamstrung Chery's ability to influence the game I thought, he was forced too deep, with the only option being diagonal balls (he did this exceptionally well a number of times, which weirdly, his detractors choose to forget), or when he was inevitably doubled up on, look for the overlap from Perch.

Luongo and Chery were too far apart, the few times we pieced any sort of discernible move together, it was through them. Perch, Sandro and Hall, the players invariably closest to him, are not on Chery's wavelength and so his ability is greatly inhibited. Think back to Fulham away, Chery and Shodipo dovetailed beautifully in the last 20 there, because there was someone with pace and good movement to stretch the play and was smart enough to make runs for him.

His set-pieces are good (albeit the freekicks last night weren't). Statistically, we've scored a lot of our goals from his set pieces, think there's only a couple of teams who have scored more goals from them than us. There's just an inflated expectation from set pieces, when really like 8% of corners result in goals.

It all reminds me of criticism of Matt Phillips from last season, yes he should probably be doing a bit more, but we'd miss him massively if he left. Like Phillips before him, no one is such a regular source of assists/goals.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 21:47]
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 23:43 - Dec 2 with 2132 viewsLadbrokeR

Holloway is complimentary of Sandro in his press conference saying that He is never in the wrong place and that what's really wrong with him is that he has never been shown any love.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 08:01 - Dec 3 with 2015 viewsdaveB

On the line up at the time i had no idea what it was supposed to be but watching it back Luongo was on the left of a midfield diamond with Hall deep and Chery behind the forwards.

We did similar against Norwich after the sending off
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 09:56 - Dec 3 with 1936 viewspaulparker

I'm going to shock you hear Antti but I agree with everything you said here apart from the bit about chery who I thought was poor again , how many times does he go missing during a game ?
I didn't understand the formation either even though I thought hall had a decent 20 minutes in the midfield ,but 3-4-3 maybe a better option for him and us
As for people sticking up for perch , sorry but this plank cost us the game, he has been a crap signing since he came here I think me and Disco were the only ones who thought so and we're the ones getting stick for saying so
He isn't a right back he isn't a centre back , he is one of the worst footballers I've seen , as soon as he got booked for mouthing off I knew he was going to get sent off , he is brain dead and the sooner we get rid the better,we are desperate for a proper right back and again I've been saying that all year , we haven't had a proper one since Simpson
I would give the lad kaykay the next 5 games with Robinson on the other side
Sandro again was poor why not cousins ? And as for Henry coming on well words fail me , is the polish lad injured ?
I love Ollie as the next man but I think he is trying to hard at the moment , I know he is trying to lift the place but all of that chest thumping and talking of admin in days gone by just looks a little desperate as I said I love the man and hopefully he gets down to the basics of being a manager because we need him to get the right players in the right system

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 10:19 - Dec 3 with 1918 viewsphilc

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 09:56 - Dec 3 by paulparker

I'm going to shock you hear Antti but I agree with everything you said here apart from the bit about chery who I thought was poor again , how many times does he go missing during a game ?
I didn't understand the formation either even though I thought hall had a decent 20 minutes in the midfield ,but 3-4-3 maybe a better option for him and us
As for people sticking up for perch , sorry but this plank cost us the game, he has been a crap signing since he came here I think me and Disco were the only ones who thought so and we're the ones getting stick for saying so
He isn't a right back he isn't a centre back , he is one of the worst footballers I've seen , as soon as he got booked for mouthing off I knew he was going to get sent off , he is brain dead and the sooner we get rid the better,we are desperate for a proper right back and again I've been saying that all year , we haven't had a proper one since Simpson
I would give the lad kaykay the next 5 games with Robinson on the other side
Sandro again was poor why not cousins ? And as for Henry coming on well words fail me , is the polish lad injured ?
I love Ollie as the next man but I think he is trying to hard at the moment , I know he is trying to lift the place but all of that chest thumping and talking of admin in days gone by just looks a little desperate as I said I love the man and hopefully he gets down to the basics of being a manager because we need him to get the right players in the right system

I don't think a lack of fight from the players is the problem. The 2nd half against Forest has shown that. The problem unfortunately goes a lot deeper or may be more basic depending on your point of view.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 10:27 - Dec 3 with 1909 viewsBurnleyhoop

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 21:45 - Dec 2 by WadR

On Sandro - it's now December, he's been training since pre-season began in late June, played in a number of friendlies for our development squad (including one where he was sent off for an altercation with an 18 year old), made 2 cup appearances, a couple of sub appearances in the league and he still cannot last 90 minutes without being unable to walk the next day.

Isn't this, and the stats posted by Clive, indicative there's something fundamentally wrong with him? I'd expect him to be lacking match fitness, in the 'little rusty', 'cramping up in the last 10 minutes' sense, not the physically shot after an hour.

Maybe, if he plays 3 or 4 games in a row, he'll work up his fitness to play 90 minutes. But, as pointed out above, that immediately means we're 1 sub down and there's just as much chance he'll get injured in those games. And what happens if he does reach peak fitness, and remains uninjured? We've used a handful of games (and a handful of substitutions) to work a player back to fitness who doesn't want to be here, won't be here in 6 months (possibly not even next month), whose appearance bonuses is probably higher than a lot of the other squad members' basic wage.

Otherwise, great stuff Antti as always, your Chery jerk is especially important. For some reason, please forgive me all, I had a look at WATRB after the game last night. There was a lengthy thread almost universally calling Chery shite, several posts saying we cannot play Chery and Luongo in the same side. Remarkable, that the response to our lack of creativity is to chastise our most creative player. The formation totally hamstrung Chery's ability to influence the game I thought, he was forced too deep, with the only option being diagonal balls (he did this exceptionally well a number of times, which weirdly, his detractors choose to forget), or when he was inevitably doubled up on, look for the overlap from Perch.

Luongo and Chery were too far apart, the few times we pieced any sort of discernible move together, it was through them. Perch, Sandro and Hall, the players invariably closest to him, are not on Chery's wavelength and so his ability is greatly inhibited. Think back to Fulham away, Chery and Shodipo dovetailed beautifully in the last 20 there, because there was someone with pace and good movement to stretch the play and was smart enough to make runs for him.

His set-pieces are good (albeit the freekicks last night weren't). Statistically, we've scored a lot of our goals from his set pieces, think there's only a couple of teams who have scored more goals from them than us. There's just an inflated expectation from set pieces, when really like 8% of corners result in goals.

It all reminds me of criticism of Matt Phillips from last season, yes he should probably be doing a bit more, but we'd miss him massively if he left. Like Phillips before him, no one is such a regular source of assists/goals.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 21:47]

"Unable to walk the next day", a typical Olly comment not to be taken too literally. Every player is stiff and sore after a game, and it only gets worse the older you get. Sandro is no spring chicken. On the injury front, how many other players have been injured this season? I could do a list, but don't feel the need ....it's a long one.

I, like most, was hoping to see Luongo, Borysuik and Cousins dominate the midfield spots and become the base from which we build. It hasn't and still doesn't look anywhere near happening. We look bereft of confidence, belief and ability. We are in the shit and need every ounce of ability and experience we can get, even if it is only for a few months and 60 mins per game. Sandro is by no means the future. He might give us something whilst we are struggling to find ourselves.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 (n/t) on 10:39 - Dec 3 with 1903 viewsBrixtonR

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - QPR 1 Wolves 2 on 18:35 - Dec 2 by Northernr

2011/12 - 27 out of 53
2012/13 - 27 out of 54
2014/15 - 18 out of 40

I totally agree that Sandro should never be starting it's a guaranteed waste of a sub. Surely if a manager knows that he is never ever going to play 90 minutes i.e not getting match fit to play 90 in future then I don't get why they would have him starting.

But to be fair I do think he has more class of than many of the other players and isn't that bad when he plays - well i didn't think he was on Thursday So wouldn't it make sense at least trying to utilise that by using him as a sub when necessary, similar to how they used Zamora in 13-14 ? I totally get it about the money (Redknapp you CNT) but it's a sunk cost so might as well utilise him if it helps the team overall.

Either that or the selling programs as someone suggested

[Post edited 3 Dec 2016 11:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024