Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Grant Hall Conundrum 05:31 - Jan 23 with 1575 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR's very own Lothar Matthäus....

The sweeper / anchor system is working very well for me, and seems to confuse a lot of the opposition we've played on this mini unbeaten run.

Just wondering who else can do it if he's not around.

Any ideas ? Where is NeilSI when you need him?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 5:35]
The Grant Hall Conundrum on 06:06 - Jan 23 with 1543 viewsLblock

I can't believe I'm saying this but, the alternative is the man who came on Saturday - Perch!!!

He's done it before for the Geordies and played CB for Forest for ages I believe

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Grant Hall Conundrum on 07:38 - Jan 23 with 1427 viewsRoller

The Grant Hall Conundrum on 06:06 - Jan 23 by Lblock

I can't believe I'm saying this but, the alternative is the man who came on Saturday - Perch!!!

He's done it before for the Geordies and played CB for Forest for ages I believe

I can't believe you are saying that either!

I definitely try Borysiuk there before Perch; actually I'd try Ingram there before Perch.
The Grant Hall Conundrum on 07:58 - Jan 23 with 1387 viewsLblock

The Grant Hall Conundrum on 07:38 - Jan 23 by Roller

I can't believe you are saying that either!

I definitely try Borysiuk there before Perch; actually I'd try Ingram there before Perch.

Boris is off I reckon and also I cannot see him shuttling between DCM and CB

Another conundrum is what happens if Caulker suddenly gets fit / sobers up?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Grant Hall Conundrum on 08:31 - Jan 23 with 1305 viewspaulparker

its a shame Faurlin has left as he could have played sweeper with his eyes shut
ale could head, tackle and pass the ball, and not only that he could read the game , a bit like when the likes of Hoddle & Ardiles where at Swindon they couldn't do the midfield role anymore but were brilliant in a back 3 and Fenwick to a degree when we had PP and macca next to him in the 88 season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Grant Hall Conundrum on 08:36 - Jan 23 with 1290 viewsWatford_Ranger

The Grant Hall Conundrum on 07:58 - Jan 23 by Lblock

We ignore him until he goes away.
The Grant Hall Conundrum on 09:19 - Jan 23 with 1185 viewsrsonist

I don't think anyone else in the squad has the balance and instincts to play the role. Perch is a terrible shout. If I were forced to try then maybe Caulker if only because we can't rely on him to do the basics at CB without him indulging daydream delusions of Beckenbauer. But there are enough options in the squad to try something more suitable. There is no conundrum.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 9:20]
The Grant Hall Conundrum on 13:13 - Jan 23 with 1014 viewsMedwayR

I think Caulker could do it, he's good enough on the ball but I'm not sure he can read the game as well as Hall does.

Cousins grew up at Charlton playing CB before moving to RB and then into midfield so I expect he'd be able to do it.

If we sign this lad from Man Utd he may be another option as he's apparently a CM who can play at LB.

Perch as a last resort.

Poll: Who’s better?

The Grant Hall Conundrum on 13:19 - Jan 23 with 973 viewsDorse

The Grant Hall Conundrum? I liked their early work but the latest album is a bit commercial.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

The Grant Hall Conundrum on 13:32 - Jan 23 with 913 viewsRoller

The Grant Hall Conundrum on 07:58 - Jan 23 by Lblock

Looks like you are right there

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-listening-offers-midfielder-borysiuk

I'm disappointed by this as I really like Borysiuk. It also makes one of my recent AKUTR's columns look pretty stupid (he says looking at this from totally the wrong perspective!)
The Grant Hall Conundrum on 13:33 - Jan 23 with 910 viewstimcocking

To me, Perch is, and will remain, a pretty decent player who's temporarily having a bad patch. He's a textbook example of a player who can recover if the Rangers fans let him, or he can be ruined if our fans do the usual and all start jumping on the hate a QPR player bandwagon.

As for Grant Hall, what worries me is does he offer enough in an attacking sense? I've only seen him live a couple of times, so i'm not qualified to judge him there yet. Our central midfield area seems exceptionally lightweight to me though, and we seem unable to retain possession at all, even if we have had a few results recently.
The Grant Hall Conundrum on 17:10 - Jan 23 with 766 viewsDannyPaddox

It's a tough one. Best I came up with is:

THRALLANG

Another word for exciting to someone from Belfast.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024