Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie's appointment... 15:07 - Feb 23 with 3399 viewsW7Ranger

Does anyone on here know for DEFINITE who we actually approached/interviewed after JFH was sacked?

Also who was offered the job before Ollie, if anyone was that is?

Ollie's appointment... on 15:25 - Feb 23 with 2801 viewsDorse

I was flattered to be asked after my triumphant Champ Manager campaign that saw me take QPR to 3 Premier League wins, including 2 doubles, 1 UEFA Cup and a Champions League within 6 seasons but, you know, I'd just opened the shop and I couldn't really split my time like that. 'Tone', I said, 'You'll have to do this without me'. It is a terrible thing to see a grown man cry like that.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 15:32]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ollie's appointment... on 15:57 - Feb 23 with 2738 viewsW7Ranger

Ollie's appointment... on 15:25 - Feb 23 by Dorse

I was flattered to be asked after my triumphant Champ Manager campaign that saw me take QPR to 3 Premier League wins, including 2 doubles, 1 UEFA Cup and a Champions League within 6 seasons but, you know, I'd just opened the shop and I couldn't really split my time like that. 'Tone', I said, 'You'll have to do this without me'. It is a terrible thing to see a grown man cry like that.

I'll take that as a no then Dorse.
Ollie's appointment... on 16:09 - Feb 23 with 2704 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ah come on, lets give the speculation a rest. Does it really matter?
Ollie's appointment... on 16:13 - Feb 23 with 2689 viewssuperstan

I always thought Jose wanted to come after praising our support at the bridge 😉
Ollie's appointment... on 16:16 - Feb 23 with 2681 viewsdaveB

I think Karl Robinson, Tim Sherwood, Paul Lambert and Chris Powell had interviews along with several others, Clement and Rowett were approached but didn't fancy it
Ollie's appointment... on 16:17 - Feb 23 with 2676 viewsDannytheR

Michael O'Neill interviewed too.
Ollie's appointment... on 16:26 - Feb 23 with 2645 viewsBlue_Castello

Ollie's appointment... on 16:09 - Feb 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Agreed how about Ollies doing a good job, the squad looks better and we're playing better football......
Ollie's appointment... on 16:28 - Feb 23 with 2637 viewsW7Ranger

No prob not. But someone had claimed that Rowett, Clement and Sherwood had all turned it down and Ollie was 4th choice last ditch desperation appointment. I asked him to back up his claim which he couldn't and I'm just curious if anyone actually does know who was approached/interviewed/offered the job that's all.

I'm personally delighted Olly got it, whatever choice he was. But the claim was made in such a way as to criticise the club/Les in how we ended up appointing Ollie.

But you're right, it doesn't really matter. Looks like the right appointment so far, however it came about - only time will tell.
Login to get fewer ads

Ollie's appointment... on 17:22 - Feb 23 with 2520 viewsdaveB

Ollie's appointment... on 16:28 - Feb 23 by W7Ranger

No prob not. But someone had claimed that Rowett, Clement and Sherwood had all turned it down and Ollie was 4th choice last ditch desperation appointment. I asked him to back up his claim which he couldn't and I'm just curious if anyone actually does know who was approached/interviewed/offered the job that's all.

I'm personally delighted Olly got it, whatever choice he was. But the claim was made in such a way as to criticise the club/Les in how we ended up appointing Ollie.

But you're right, it doesn't really matter. Looks like the right appointment so far, however it came about - only time will tell.

i thinK Rowett was offered it but Sherwood wasn't neither was Clement.
Ollie's appointment... on 20:53 - Feb 23 with 2315 viewsNW10Hoop

Ollie's appointment... on 15:25 - Feb 23 by Dorse

I sent an application for the England job just before Sven got it. It was based on bringing QPR up to the top of world football and retaining the European cup 8 years in a row. That and my playing career for Ealing Whistlers and Acton Ealing Whistlers. Got a reply from Adam Crozier saying they had drawn up a shortlist and I wasn't on it.

Got it framed in the downstairs bog.
Ollie's appointment... on 21:41 - Feb 23 with 2243 viewsisawqpratwcity

Hear, hear.

As 'what if' scenarios go, that one would have to be more towards the 'idle speculation' end.

At least we can now say with some certainty that the appointment made is working for us.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ollie's appointment... on 21:50 - Feb 23 with 2230 viewsTheRam

Ollie's appointment... on 20:53 - Feb 23 by NW10Hoop

I sent an application for the England job just before Sven got it. It was based on bringing QPR up to the top of world football and retaining the European cup 8 years in a row. That and my playing career for Ealing Whistlers and Acton Ealing Whistlers. Got a reply from Adam Crozier saying they had drawn up a shortlist and I wasn't on it.

Got it framed in the downstairs bog.

Did it for the Aston Villa Job when Ron Atkinson was sacked, won the bet with my mate that get a response, I did get a thanks but no thanks letter, bet they're regretting that now...x
Ollie's appointment... on 22:03 - Feb 23 with 2190 viewsBrightonhoop

Ollie's appointment... on 21:50 - Feb 23 by TheRam

Did it for the Aston Villa Job when Ron Atkinson was sacked, won the bet with my mate that get a response, I did get a thanks but no thanks letter, bet they're regretting that now...x

You should write them again Ram, tell them your on a gap year, you'd like to help despite the previous offence of not signing you, salary and contract might be prohibitive but hey, look what's happened since they last declined your services. Fools.
Ollie's appointment... on 22:31 - Feb 23 with 2142 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone who thinks we were in Clement's ball park should watch BBC2. He's just won manager of the month with Premiership Swansea.

Derby were a step down for him, and look at their support, stadium, and training ground.
Ollie's appointment... on 00:14 - Feb 24 with 2039 viewsFDC

Ollie's appointment... on 22:31 - Feb 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Anyone who thinks we were in Clement's ball park should watch BBC2. He's just won manager of the month with Premiership Swansea.

Derby were a step down for him, and look at their support, stadium, and training ground.

Whilst we're on the topic, does anyone actually know story behind the "got my dream manager" tweet? Why did TF tweet that when Clement hadn't taken the job?
Ollie's appointment... on 00:19 - Feb 24 with 2035 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ollie's appointment... on 00:14 - Feb 24 by FDC

Whilst we're on the topic, does anyone actually know story behind the "got my dream manager" tweet? Why did TF tweet that when Clement hadn't taken the job?

No idea.

But if my potential employer started making boozed up teenage girl stalker noises about me on Twitter i'd have doubts.
Ollie's appointment... on 00:22 - Feb 24 with 2022 viewsTacticalR

Fernandes is a man who tends to count his chickens before they are hatched.

Air hostess clique

Ollie's appointment... on 00:24 - Feb 24 with 2017 viewsFDC

Ollie's appointment... on 00:19 - Feb 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

No idea.

But if my potential employer started making boozed up teenage girl stalker noises about me on Twitter i'd have doubts.

I'd have doubts too, but might also be shamefully flattered.
Ollie's appointment... on 00:25 - Feb 24 with 2014 viewsBoston

'coz he was dreaming.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ollie's appointment... on 00:26 - Feb 24 with 2010 viewsPunteR

Because he's a bumbling buffoon.
I'm pretty sure I read it was Clement he was talking about. Too much champagne. Wasn't Ramsey appointed instead?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ollie's appointment... on 08:53 - Feb 24 with 1892 viewsTacticalR

Clement said in a fan's forum this week that this was the third time he had been interviewed by Swansea.

Air hostess clique

Ollie's appointment... on 09:32 - Feb 24 with 1866 viewsGloryHunter

Just remind me, what league position were we in when Jimmy was sacked?
Ollie's appointment... on 10:02 - Feb 24 with 1829 viewsQPR_Nippon

Ollie's appointment... on 09:32 - Feb 24 by GloryHunter

Just remind me, what league position were we in when Jimmy was sacked?

17th I think.
Ollie's appointment... on 10:08 - Feb 24 with 1817 viewsQPR_Nippon

Just checked. It was 17th. But the reason everyone remembers him leaving us in safely in mid table was that we were 6 points off both the play off places and the relegation zone.

We had 20 points from 16 games then, and have 20 points from 17 under Ollie. That doesn't tell the whole story though obviously.
Ollie's appointment... on 10:25 - Feb 24 with 1786 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ollie's appointment... on 00:22 - Feb 24 by TacticalR

Fernandes is a man who tends to count his chickens before they are hatched.

That's the Venky's problem as well.

Although to be fair.......

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024