Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So if we did go down??? 13:13 - Apr 25 with 8449 viewsTGRRRSSS

Would you advocate Les Ferdinand as well as IH being sacked?

The reason I mention this is the credit he was getting when things started to look better but now...

Just asking the question my view is we will stay up and be better for it next season, I'd even say maintain status quo regardless, but even I am starting to get a few jitters...
So if we did go down??? on 13:33 - Apr 25 with 4601 viewsknocker

100% yes.
So if we did go down??? on 13:35 - Apr 25 with 4580 viewsPinnerPaul

Put a £1 on for every jitter and you'll make a fortune at 66/1
So if we did go down??? on 13:40 - Apr 25 with 4561 viewsdaveB

He should stay but he'll probably go as the social media mob have been after him for ages
So if we did go down??? on 13:42 - Apr 25 with 4552 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Could we park this debate another fortnight?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

So if we did go down??? on 13:43 - Apr 25 with 4547 views2Thomas2Bowles

On a positive note, we will have 10M more than every other side in D1

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

So if we did go down??? on 13:44 - Apr 25 with 4542 viewsThe_Mole

I've said it before, but I genuinely don't see how a club our size, with a manager, astute CEO and now chief scout, needs a DOF?

It isn't a witch hunt about Les, keep him at the club in some ambassador role if possible, but I can't help but feel some the DOF role is currently interfering in the managers decisions thus contributing to our recent slump in form...
So if we did go down??? on 13:44 - Apr 25 with 4543 viewsaston_hoop

He'll get forced out I'm sure and then the next thing we'll try will fail too and the thing after and then maybe we'll stumble on something that works for a season. But then we have no long term plan and everything is shite again for a few years while we sack our way through more and more people and more and more players, experienced, young, foreign, domestic, whatever. Until we go back and do it again. I think thats the QPR way now. fck this.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

So if we did go down??? on 13:54 - Apr 25 with 4490 viewssmegma

I'll cross that bridge when we get there.....

Dumb question of the year by a country mile.
Login to get fewer ads

So if we did go down??? on 13:59 - Apr 25 with 4462 viewsdaveB

So if we did go down??? on 13:44 - Apr 25 by The_Mole

I've said it before, but I genuinely don't see how a club our size, with a manager, astute CEO and now chief scout, needs a DOF?

It isn't a witch hunt about Les, keep him at the club in some ambassador role if possible, but I can't help but feel some the DOF role is currently interfering in the managers decisions thus contributing to our recent slump in form...

You only have to see what a mess the club got in without one to see that a club like ours with an owner who is clueless and will put the club in jeopardy at the whim of a manager to know we needed a football person inbetween the owners and the manager to look after the club.

The club have had someone doing this role for years they've just had different titles and or other responsibilities as well. It's a bit of a stretch to blame our recent form on having a DOF regardless of who he is.

It's a real shame that when the club finally try and do things the right way that it goes tits up still
So if we did go down??? on 14:09 - Apr 25 with 4427 viewsNorthernr

A club with a board like ours needs a DOF more than most.

No he shouldn't be sacked regardless of what happens.
So if we did go down??? on 14:15 - Apr 25 with 4399 viewsHunterhoop

Answer: Good God, NO!

The key to Watford's success, is the fact that they're had stability at DoF level. It's the first team coach who, in their model, is disposable, hence why they succeed with changing managers so often. Without the DoF it'd be a disaster.

Secondly, we've been a disaster off the field, and, excluding one season under Warnock, a disaster on it too without a DoF. Our finances, playing staff wage bill, signings, community work, youth infrastructure, scouting network, relationship with past players, and "path to the 1st Team" for youth players, have all improved significantly since Les has been here.

So, yes, I'd stick with the DoF above and beyond anything, especially if we go down (which I doubt we will).

And there is absolutely no evidence anywhere (in fact it's been dispelled countless times) that the DoF has any influence over the first team selection, formation, etc. This 2nd run of 6 losses has come at a time when we can make no signings, after a Jan when Holloway said he was happy with our acquisitions (and we were playing well!). This is on Holloway. He knows it too, which is the reason behind some of his recent comments.

Nevertheless, I'll continue to support him and I think that given time too, he'll get things right on the pitch as well. ESPECIALLY IF HE STARTS PLAYING WITH SOME WIDTH!
So if we did go down??? on 14:18 - Apr 25 with 4388 viewsTacticalR

I am a bit puzzled by the insatiable desire to get rid of everyone and everything. I suppose it beats thinking.

Air hostess clique

So if we did go down??? on 14:19 - Apr 25 with 4383 viewsRangersDave

No other job I know rewards failure with job security.

You could say that appointing 3 ( 2 so far) failed managers is failing to do his job properly, costing money and possibly to the detriment of the QPR company, especially should we get relegated and still have to pay 3 years of Ollies contract.

I saw no use for Les when he started, and so far he has yet to prove my opinion of him wrong.

A shame though, as the old boys brought 'something' back, but heck, stay in his job for failure.
I'm pretty sure each and every one of you reading this wouldn't expect to still be in your jobs if you failed 3 times in such a manner?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

So if we did go down??? on 14:26 - Apr 25 with 4366 viewsMatch82

This club finally looks like it's getting it's soul back. Ferdinand, Hoos and Holloway to varying degrees have all had a part in that. In the unlikely event that we go down, Holloway probably needs to bear the responsibility for that, but Ferdinands job is to create the environment within the club for the manager to suceed, whi choose he surely has done. I am amazed that anybody can look at what where we are now compared to when he came in and think that the club is in a worse place than when he joined.
So if we did go down??? on 14:31 - Apr 25 with 4353 viewsTheChef

Yes the answer as ever is sack everyone, employ a whole new staff and rename the club Kneejerk Wahwahboohoo FC.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

So if we did go down??? on 14:36 - Apr 25 with 4327 viewsToast_R

I'm guessing a large part of his job is to make QPR a sustainable club with the help of the CEO. There must have been a huge amount of work to do in clearing out the players on astronomical wages who also felt they were too good to be playing for QPR outside the Premier League. He has off loaded most of them including that waste of space Sandro. QPR have apparently made money for the first time in years in selling off players that didnt want to be at the club anymore.

I would suggest his only weakness so far has been the management appointments for different reasons. Chris Ramsey, never a popular choice. JFH too negative and perhaps out a little too inexperienced for the level QPR were at. Ian Holloway... at a time the support was getting ever more volatile and irate, I feel Holloway was a feel good tub thumping appointment for the masses. One might suggest the easy option to quieten the situation but it's still too early to say it's been a disaster. As long as QPR avoid the drop, it's job done for the season. It's all about next season and there will then have to be progress on the pitch.
So if we did go down??? on 14:38 - Apr 25 with 4320 viewshoof_hearted

Sometimes I wonder if the internet is just a front for a football agent's united world domination plan where they earn a fortune from a sacking and recruiting the same people over and over again.
So if we did go down??? on 14:40 - Apr 25 with 4316 viewsNorthernr

So if we did go down??? on 14:19 - Apr 25 by RangersDave

You could say that appointing 3 ( 2 so far) failed managers is failing to do his job properly, costing money and possibly to the detriment of the QPR company, especially should we get relegated and still have to pay 3 years of Ollies contract.

I saw no use for Les when he started, and so far he has yet to prove my opinion of him wrong.

A shame though, as the old boys brought 'something' back, but heck, stay in his job for failure.
I'm pretty sure each and every one of you reading this wouldn't expect to still be in your jobs if you failed 3 times in such a manner?

"No other job I know rewards failure with job security."

I presume this is a wind up? Job security? Football? QPR?
So if we did go down??? on 14:52 - Apr 25 with 4284 viewshoof_hearted

So if we did go down??? on 14:40 - Apr 25 by Northernr

Winston Bogarde?

Or at QPR, SWP?

Both set for life by barely kicking a ball for a few years. Not a job for life but a pay packet to last a lifetime.
So if we did go down??? on 14:52 - Apr 25 with 4285 viewspaulparker

So if we did go down??? on 14:40 - Apr 25 by Northernr

I wouldn't put the blame on Les if the worst happened he has done more good than bad

TF on the other hand should be strung from the nearest lamppost on the south Africa road , this man since 2011 has systematically made us a shambles on and off the pitch with stunning ineptitude yet still gets an easy ride with the fan base

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So if we did go down??? on 14:54 - Apr 25 with 4282 viewsTacticalR

Do the goldfish gang ever wonder why the previous set of expulsions didn't work? Of course not, they are too busy calling for the next set of expulsions.

Air hostess clique

So if we did go down??? on 15:01 - Apr 25 with 4252 viewsNorthernr

So if we did go down??? on 14:52 - Apr 25 by hoof_hearted

Winston Bogarde?

Or at QPR, SWP?

Both set for life by barely kicking a ball for a few years. Not a job for life but a pay packet to last a lifetime.

Yeh they're players, this is about Les Ferdinand isn't it? I struggle to think of any job that offers less security than football management and administration.
So if we did go down??? on 15:04 - Apr 25 with 4236 viewshoof_hearted

So if we did go down??? on 15:01 - Apr 25 by Northernr

Yeh they're players, this is about Les Ferdinand isn't it? I struggle to think of any job that offers less security than football management and administration.

Give me a minute to think of one...

Bruce Forsyths fluffer.
So if we did go down??? on 15:13 - Apr 25 with 4206 viewssimmo

"but I can't help but feel some the DOF role is currently interfering in the managers decisions"

Before it was his 'black agenda', now apparently he's interfering in decisions even though every manager under his tenure has played completely different football and consistently chosen completely different players in different positions. Give it a rest...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

So if we did go down??? on 15:23 - Apr 25 with 4186 viewsdaveB

So if we did go down??? on 14:19 - Apr 25 by RangersDave

If it was only Ferdinands decision you might have a point but Hoos, Rueben and Fernandes were involved in the final decision. Ferdinand wanted Rowett the last two times and was turned down.
Once Holloway got in the door and spoke to Fernandes he was always going to be the favourite, he's a fantastic talker and you'd struggle to not be impressed with him after 5 minutes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024