Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Sam quits 17:11 - May 23 with 2891 viewsHayesender

Didn't see that one coming

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Big Sam quits on 17:47 - May 23 with 2755 viewshubble

May 23rd: Sam Allardyce wants to resign as manager of Palace

May 29th: Barcelona will announce new manager 👀

(nicked from Twitter)
Big Sam quits on 18:04 - May 23 with 2690 viewsjohncharles

In my Local up here in Scotland the rumour for Barcelona is Moysie. "So that's why he resigned" (Tongues firmly in cheek)
[Post edited 23 May 2017 18:17]

Strong and stable my arse.

Big Sam quits on 18:29 - May 23 with 2597 viewsBromleyHoop

After his exit from the England job his reputation and trustworthiness was pretty low. It's possible that his wages with Palace would have reflected that. His stock is now much higher and I'm sure he'd want a contract that will reflect this. It always has been and always will be about the money for Allardyce.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Big Sam quits on 18:52 - May 23 with 2501 viewsMedwayR

Big Sam quits on 18:29 - May 23 by BromleyHoop

After his exit from the England job his reputation and trustworthiness was pretty low. It's possible that his wages with Palace would have reflected that. His stock is now much higher and I'm sure he'd want a contract that will reflect this. It always has been and always will be about the money for Allardyce.

I read that it's because of a disagreement over the transfer strategy for the summer, he probably couldn't get his agent involved in the transfer dealings so has walked away, or they wouldn't sign Kevin Nolan...

Poll: Who’s better?

Big Sam quits on 21:31 - May 23 with 2129 viewsBromleyHoop

I withdraw this assessment of Mr Allardyce unreservedly and offer my profound apologies. 😉

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Big Sam quits on 22:18 - May 23 with 1992 viewsLblock

Says hes walking away from football for family and health reasons

Chose today to make this announcement

Was banging on about building and not wanting to fight relegation last week

Rotten fish? Odd whiff?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Big Sam quits on 22:25 - May 23 with 1951 viewsNorthernr

Big Sam quits on 22:18 - May 23 by Lblock

Says hes walking away from football for family and health reasons

Chose today to make this announcement

Was banging on about building and not wanting to fight relegation last week

Rotten fish? Odd whiff?

Back in work by Christmas, long balling his way out of another mess somebody else created and pocketing a big bonus and whatever else besides off half a dozen transfers.
Big Sam quits on 22:38 - May 23 with 1907 viewsDannyPaddox

Allardyce returns to Sunderland
Jokanovic to Palace
Olly reinvents himself as Serb master tactician Jan Ollowavitch and becomes new man at Fulham

[Post edited 23 May 2017 22:46]
Login to get fewer ads

Big Sam quits on 22:40 - May 23 with 1902 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The word is he got £2m to keep them up but has to pay it back if he manages again in the next two years. I'm not sure how reliable my local gossip is though.
Big Sam quits on 00:27 - May 24 with 1756 viewsBoston

....unlike everybody else in football.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Big Sam quits on 08:12 - May 24 with 1594 viewsPlanetHonneywood

BREAKING NEWS:

QPR have today confirmed 62 year old Sam Allardyce as their new manager, following last week's sacking of Ian Holloway.

The west London club are two points off the Championship drop zone after a haphazard start to the season. The Hoops topped the league after three emphatic wins over Sunderland, Brentford and Hull City, at the start of the campaign, but sacked Holloway after losing at home to Burton; their eighth straight defeat. Club insiders revealed that Holloway's constant tinkering with tactics and personnel has been blamed for the change in fortunes, and as he was unwilling to revert from his all-conquered team back to the winning formula, he had to go.

'At the tenth time of asking, I've finally got my man' said QPR supremo Tony Fernandes. 'All the lessons I've learned came down to this. It shows we're serious about staying up and Sam is the man for the job. I'm convinced. It's a no brainier!'

Allardyce who 'retired' in May, said 'there's only so much sitting around the house you can do before the itch to get back in the game becomes a scratch. I spoke to Harry (Redknapp) and he spoke highly and said at QPR, you can get a tickle'

Ironically. Allardyce's first game is at home to Redknapp's unbeaten leaders on Saturday. Rangershope to have Jordan Cousins, Jack Robinson and Jamie Mackie available for selection after injury and captain James Perch is available after completing a two match ban. Birmingham have no selection concerns as John Terry is expected to recover from a cock injury.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Big Sam quits on 08:56 - May 24 with 1529 viewsrunningman75

The cannot manage due to sore knees excuse had already been taken.
Big Sam quits on 10:40 - May 24 with 1435 viewsTheChef

Big Sam quits on 08:12 - May 24 by PlanetHonneywood

BREAKING NEWS:

QPR have today confirmed 62 year old Sam Allardyce as their new manager, following last week's sacking of Ian Holloway.

The west London club are two points off the Championship drop zone after a haphazard start to the season. The Hoops topped the league after three emphatic wins over Sunderland, Brentford and Hull City, at the start of the campaign, but sacked Holloway after losing at home to Burton; their eighth straight defeat. Club insiders revealed that Holloway's constant tinkering with tactics and personnel has been blamed for the change in fortunes, and as he was unwilling to revert from his all-conquered team back to the winning formula, he had to go.

'At the tenth time of asking, I've finally got my man' said QPR supremo Tony Fernandes. 'All the lessons I've learned came down to this. It shows we're serious about staying up and Sam is the man for the job. I'm convinced. It's a no brainier!'

Allardyce who 'retired' in May, said 'there's only so much sitting around the house you can do before the itch to get back in the game becomes a scratch. I spoke to Harry (Redknapp) and he spoke highly and said at QPR, you can get a tickle'

Ironically. Allardyce's first game is at home to Redknapp's unbeaten leaders on Saturday. Rangershope to have Jordan Cousins, Jack Robinson and Jamie Mackie available for selection after injury and captain James Perch is available after completing a two match ban. Birmingham have no selection concerns as John Terry is expected to recover from a cock injury.

I didn't know time travel was possible!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Big Sam quits on 10:43 - May 24 with 1426 viewsDannytheR

Big Sam quits on 08:12 - May 24 by PlanetHonneywood

BREAKING NEWS:

I found that all horribly believable until the last line, and the laughable idea John Terry could EVER recover from his cock injury.
Big Sam quits on 07:31 - May 25 with 1148 viewsrbrb999

Big Sam quits on 22:40 - May 23 by CroydonCaptJack

The word is he got £2m to keep them up but has to pay it back if he manages again in the next two years. I'm not sure how reliable my local gossip is though.

Yes well according to the Guardian rag today:

'Allardyce is due a £2m bonus for preserving Palace’s top-flight status, a payment he will receive if he does not accept another post within a specified timeframe, with his discussions with Steve Parish said to be “amicable”.'

-In otherwords he is quitting to get his grasping fat hands on the dosh and nothing to do with health or family...
Like most of them in the game money is the main motivation.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 7:33]
Big Sam quits on 07:35 - May 25 with 1134 viewsPunteR

Big Sam quits on 07:31 - May 25 by rbrb999

Yes well according to the Guardian rag today:

'Allardyce is due a £2m bonus for preserving Palace’s top-flight status, a payment he will receive if he does not accept another post within a specified timeframe, with his discussions with Steve Parish said to be “amicable”.'

-In otherwords he is quitting to get his grasping fat hands on the dosh and nothing to do with health or family...
Like most of them in the game money is the main motivation.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 7:33]

Didn't Pulis try and do the same thing. Take his bonus money and move on?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Big Sam quits on 11:28 - May 25 with 1050 viewsHayesender

http://thesun.uk/61828cZDk

Maybe this is the reason. Realised there's more to life than work and money?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024