Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Random Food Thread 15:57 - Oct 17 with 6351 viewstoboboly

Having tried raw horse, raw octopus and raw whale in Japan and dog soup in South Korea I am always keen to try strange foods.

For example i'm gonna try and go to the Texas State Fair next year and have deep fried beer.

What random food has everyone else had, and , is there anywhere you would recommend (worldwide) to eat random crap?

Peru - Guinea pigs

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Random Food Thread on 16:08 - Oct 17 with 4687 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Tried all the South African meats except croc. Kudo Mmmmmm

My mates 'Shit Sausage' in Paris was the best but he didn't mean to order that.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Random Food Thread on 16:22 - Oct 17 with 4669 viewstoboboly

Random Food Thread on 16:08 - Oct 17 by Metallica_Hoop

Tried all the South African meats except croc. Kudo Mmmmmm

My mates 'Shit Sausage' in Paris was the best but he didn't mean to order that.

I take it that wasn't a literal translation?

Random Food Thread on 16:29 - Oct 17 with 4662 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Random Food Thread on 16:22 - Oct 17 by toboboly

I take it that wasn't a literal translation?

No he tried a delicacy, and asked the rest of the table if they thought his meal smelt of shit...... They all agreed yes it did.
Turns out this delicacy was unwashed intestine sausage or 'shit sausage' as we English call it.

Random Food Thread on 16:35 - Oct 17 with 4658 viewstoboboly

Random Food Thread on 16:29 - Oct 17 by Metallica_Hoop

No he tried a delicacy, and asked the rest of the table if they thought his meal smelt of shit...... They all agreed yes it did.
Turns out this delicacy was unwashed intestine sausage or 'shit sausage' as we English call it.

Bloody French!

Will make sure I visit there last then.

Random Food Thread on 16:36 - Oct 17 with 4653 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Random Food Thread on 16:35 - Oct 17 by toboboly

Bloody French!

Will make sure I visit there last then.

And sniff before you bite

Random Food Thread on 16:38 - Oct 17 with 4648 viewstoboboly

Random Food Thread on 16:36 - Oct 17 by Metallica_Hoop

And sniff before you bite

Found this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andouillette

I particularly liked, "Has a strong, distinctive odor related to its intestinal origins and components. Although sometimes repellant to the uninitiated, this aspect of andouillette is prized by its devotees."

Random Food Thread on 16:40 - Oct 17 with 4645 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Random Food Thread on 16:38 - Oct 17 by toboboly

Found this;

I particularly liked, "Has a strong, distinctive odor related to its intestinal origins and components. Although sometimes repellant to the uninitiated, this aspect of andouillette is prized by its devotees."

Ahhh that must be the culprit. Good find.

Random Food Thread on 17:28 - Oct 17 with 4603 viewssmegma

Durian. A fruit described by a French tourist in the Lonely Planet Guide as 'looks like shit, smells like shit and tastes like shit'. Its banned on the Singapore metro it smells so bad. I've had Durian ice cream and chewy sweets but could never bring myself to eat the raw fruit. Can be smelt from a hundred yards away.
Login to get fewer ads

Random Food Thread on 17:34 - Oct 17 with 4593 viewshopphoops

Random Food Thread on 16:38 - Oct 17 by toboboly

Found this;

that's more or less how Bear Paté tastes

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Random Food Thread on 17:44 - Oct 17 with 4584 viewsBlackCrowe

Boiled jellyfish in Thailand which was foul.

Crocodile fricasse in Cuba which was very tasty. And very illegal.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Random Food Thread on 18:44 - Oct 17 with 4562 viewsIrishR

Try Balut in Philippines its basically a chick foetus and supposed to be good for you staying power :P they love it out there. Balut vendors everywhere. The guys from dirty sanchez tried it and puked everywhere. To add i did not try it but thought it was worth a mention.
Random Food Thread on 19:21 - Oct 17 with 4540 viewsChinajohn

Beijing has it's famous penis restaurant, see link!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guo_Li_Zhuang
Random Food Thread on 19:40 - Oct 17 with 4524 viewsTheBlob

I've had Yak's Sacs.

And lizard's Gizzards.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Random Food Thread on 19:57 - Oct 17 with 4519 viewsFredManRave

I've eaten Guinea Pig in Peru. It tastes just like chicken. Also eaten Frogs legs in Vietnam and found them tasteless.

One thing, or rather food group that I wouldn't go anywhere near whilst I was travelling in Thailand was insects. The street markets in Bangkok sell them as if they were sweets. Couldn't go anywhere near them. Whenever I was offered them I'd shake my head politely whilst saying Kop Kun Kup.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Random Food Thread on 20:47 - Oct 17 with 4496 viewsscot1963

I've had guinea pigs as pets

this is a rather dubious Cornish delicacy that I've not had the pleasure of eating thankfully - starry gazy pie

Random Food Thread on 20:49 - Oct 17 with 4492 viewsPommyhoop

Kangaroo meat is lovely mate.Hardly no fat and rich ,quite gamey taste. Aussies dont seem to go for it but its a regular on my BBQ especially when I've got visitors over from the Motherland.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Random Food Thread on 22:10 - Oct 17 with 4457 viewssmegma

Random Food Thread on 19:21 - Oct 17 by Chinajohn

Beijing has it's famous penis restaurant, see link!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guo_Li_Zhuang

I bet the mother in law can tell some tales about odd delicacies like my missus. She went to a 'team building' thing in chuong hua and ate something described as 'home deer'. Turned out to be Rolands long distance relative !!

Hows it oop north John ?
Random Food Thread on 00:00 - Oct 18 with 4420 viewsisawqpratwcity

Random Food Thread on 20:49 - Oct 17 by Pommyhoop

Kangaroo meat is lovely mate.Hardly no fat and rich ,quite gamey taste. Aussies dont seem to go for it but its a regular on my BBQ especially when I've got visitors over from the Motherland.

Spot on, Pommy! One of my most memorable meals was beautifully cooked 'roo at a restaurant in Coonawarra.

On a tour of citrus markets in SE Asia I had durian (not as bad as expected: I thought ammoniacal rather than sh*tty), jellyfish (bloody awful!) and roast pigeon, served with the head still on. But don't let that put you off. That tour gave me a taste for Chinese cuisine that the local take-away can't match.

In Israel, lamb is most prized and turkey is treated with contempt.

Anthony Hansen wrote a book on Burgundy (wine) which controversially contended that "good Burgundy smells of sh*t" and recommended 'a bottle of Nuits for your nuit'!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Random Food Thread on 09:15 - Oct 18 with 4364 viewstoboboly

Random Food Thread on 18:44 - Oct 17 by IrishR

Try Balut in Philippines its basically a chick foetus and supposed to be good for you staying power :P they love it out there. Balut vendors everywhere. The guys from dirty sanchez tried it and puked everywhere. To add i did not try it but thought it was worth a mention.

Followed up with a 100 year egg?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_egg

Random Food Thread on 09:18 - Oct 18 with 4361 viewstoboboly

Random Food Thread on 19:57 - Oct 17 by FredManRave

I've eaten Guinea Pig in Peru. It tastes just like chicken. Also eaten Frogs legs in Vietnam and found them tasteless.

One thing, or rather food group that I wouldn't go anywhere near whilst I was travelling in Thailand was insects. The street markets in Bangkok sell them as if they were sweets. Couldn't go anywhere near them. Whenever I was offered them I'd shake my head politely whilst saying Kop Kun Kup.

Being terrified of spiders this always turned my blood cold;

Random Food Thread on 10:23 - Oct 18 with 4335 viewshoof_hearted

The texas food festival. Mmmmmmmmm. Sounds like a good time to pre-order some statins.

Deep fried BEER?????????? More detail please.
Random Food Thread on 10:29 - Oct 18 with 4327 viewstoboboly

Random Food Thread on 10:23 - Oct 18 by hoof_hearted

The texas food festival. Mmmmmmmmm. Sounds like a good time to pre-order some statins.

Deep fried BEER?????????? More detail please.

Here you go;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/7973944/Deep-fried-beer

http://www.wikihow.com/Cook-Deep-Fried-Beer

And a bit more info on this years Texas State Fair in Dallas;

http://texasfairguide.com/food/

I want a deep fried Thanksgiving dinner;

http://eater.com/archives/2013/09/03/deepfried-thanksgiving-dinner-wins-at-the-s

Random Food Thread on 19:11 - Oct 18 with 4262 viewsChinajohn

Random Food Thread on 17:28 - Oct 17 by smegma

Durian. A fruit described by a French tourist in the Lonely Planet Guide as 'looks like shit, smells like shit and tastes like shit'. Its banned on the Singapore metro it smells so bad. I've had Durian ice cream and chewy sweets but could never bring myself to eat the raw fruit. Can be smelt from a hundred yards away.

The girls in our office used to love the stuff, but that's probably why their breath smelt like they had been gargling diarrhea.
Random Food Thread on 19:14 - Oct 18 with 4259 viewsChinajohn

Random Food Thread on 22:10 - Oct 17 by smegma

I bet the mother in law can tell some tales about odd delicacies like my missus. She went to a 'team building' thing in chuong hua and ate something described as 'home deer'. Turned out to be Rolands long distance relative !!

Hows it oop north John ?

The mother in law, like some of the food mentioned, is an acquired taste that I have not yet learnt to appreciate.

All good in Waay Yaay country, it's really buggering up the boys dialect. 'Er indoors did a great job in finding Newton Aycliffe - a town bereft of ANY decent boozers. Might as well become a monk.
Random Food Thread on 19:27 - Oct 18 with 4255 viewsHantsR

Put some in the fridge once - don't think we ever got rid of the smell!

On strange foods, a Southern African delicacy is of course the Mopane worm - a caterpillar really, so I guess that's all right then. Disgusting I reckoned, in looks and taste!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024