Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2018262 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:32 - Mar 5 with 1574 viewsmarkqpr

Safe L Block,

Orbital and Apex Twin have to have their own shelves in my collection due to the sheer amount of vinyl I have of theirs respectively!

I'm loving Copenhagen, whilst it's newish at 2017, it sounds like a fresh update of something from the 2nd/Brown album era.

Like Kinetic, where they take their classic remix that was a masterpiece to begin with and then 20+ years later, modernise it and improve it!

The syncopation they get out of their equipment is almost surreal it's so good. Only matched by Apex Twin in my opinion.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:50 - Mar 5 with 1564 viewstimcocking

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:32 - Mar 5 with 1544 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:50 - Mar 5 by timcocking

Looks like an error Tim

What was it The Jesus and Mary Chain or UK Decay?
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:33 - Mar 5 with 1543 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:32 - Mar 5 by markqpr

Safe L Block,

Orbital and Apex Twin have to have their own shelves in my collection due to the sheer amount of vinyl I have of theirs respectively!

I'm loving Copenhagen, whilst it's newish at 2017, it sounds like a fresh update of something from the 2nd/Brown album era.

Like Kinetic, where they take their classic remix that was a masterpiece to begin with and then 20+ years later, modernise it and improve it!

The syncopation they get out of their equipment is almost surreal it's so good. Only matched by Apex Twin in my opinion.

Aphex Twin I've never really been into but you're talking CroydonCaptainJacks language there

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:14 - Mar 5 with 1536 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:45 - Mar 5 by Lblock

Positive I would've put this up about 385 pages ago but maybe not.

With thanks to Mark Burrows on Release this week who played a different mix but this holds some great memories.
Slippery When Wet Rave, Curtain Road EC2... long before Shoreditch was oh so Top Knot hipster in, I think, '92. Main room had shut down about 4:00am.... those of us (quite a few) still giving it some herded into a smaller part of the warehouse and it was either Rampling or John Kelly on the decks and they played this as the second last track of the night. What a rush. I can still see the look on my mate Bexy's face as I looked across at him, a mass of long hair, sweat and limbs pumping... "farkin ace Goodz" he mouthed at me.
Days.

[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 8:46]

WhatsApp'd my mate about this earlier, included the YouTube link and said "Slippery When Wet"

His immediate response was - "Rampling - huge gurns!"

Damn I miss those days

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:40 - Mar 5 with 1532 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:32 - Mar 5 by markqpr

Safe L Block,

L block is right about Aphex. My favourite individual artist by some way.
I think you may have mentioned him before and I asked if you were aware of all the Soundcloud tracks he posted a few years back?
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:55 - Mar 5 with 1528 viewsW13R

Trouble time.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:32 - Mar 5 with 1520 viewsmarkqpr

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:40 - Mar 5 by CroydonCaptJack

L block is right about Aphex. My favourite individual artist by some way.
I think you may have mentioned him before and I asked if you were aware of all the Soundcloud tracks he posted a few years back?

Sorry Croydon, I must of missed the soundcloud question!

Yes, user18081971's soundcloud page is incredible.

I know he took a bunch of cassettes to Renaat Vandepapeliere at R&S Records and they cherry picked the best for SAW 85-92. Some of those ones they didn't pick must of ended up there as you can hear the same equipment being used from that time.

He put out so much vinyl in the 90s under different names, it was virtually impossible to keep up but the blokes behind the counter at Sister Ray were always clued up on which 12" was his under a different name so I managed to pick up a lot of it.

I once saw him DJ in Vauxhall and he pulled a blender out and used it as a special sound effect throughout his set!

He's one of the most important composer and musician of our generation for me. Proper Beethoven genius level type sh!t.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 17:33]
Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:46 - Mar 5 with 1516 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:32 - Mar 5 by markqpr

Sorry Croydon, I must of missed the soundcloud question!

Yes, user18081971's soundcloud page is incredible.

I know he took a bunch of cassettes to Renaat Vandepapeliere at R&S Records and they cherry picked the best for SAW 85-92. Some of those ones they didn't pick must of ended up there as you can hear the same equipment being used from that time.

He put out so much vinyl in the 90s under different names, it was virtually impossible to keep up but the blokes behind the counter at Sister Ray were always clued up on which 12" was his under a different name so I managed to pick up a lot of it.

I once saw him DJ in Vauxhall and he pulled a blender out and used it as a special sound effect throughout his set!

He's one of the most important composer and musician of our generation for me. Proper Beethoven genius level type sh!t.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 17:33]

That vinyl collection must be worth a few bob mate. I have GAK and the original SAW on vinyl plus some singles but most of the others on CD including The Tuss album which is quite rare.

Yes, you can definitely hear a lot of 85-92 SAW soundalike tracks in the dump. That is still my favourite album of his and in my top 5 of all time by anyone.

Although some of his stuff is actually unlistenable there is so much brilliant stuff as well. I 100% agree that he will be more respected as time goes by. Total musical genius.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:51 - Mar 5 with 1515 viewsCroydonCaptJack

same era surely : -

[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 17:57]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:51 - Mar 5 with 1514 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:05 - Mar 5 with 1504 viewsOutWestR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:32 - Mar 5 by CroydonCaptJack

Looks like an error Tim

What was it The Jesus and Mary Chain or UK Decay?

Chin up instructional video.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:45 - Mar 5 with 1490 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:05 - Mar 5 by OutWestR

Chin up instructional video.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:57 - Mar 6 with 1483 viewstimcocking

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 06:47 - Mar 4 by Lblock

You are a penis

Brave words from behind a screen. Why don't you send me a pm, we can meet face to face see if you're so brave.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 01:56 - Mar 6 with 1480 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:57 - Mar 6 by timcocking

Brave words from behind a screen. Why don't you send me a pm, we can meet face to face see if you're so brave.

You ok mate?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:33 - Mar 6 with 1440 viewspaulparker

Don’t you live in Thailand ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:54 - Mar 6 with 1432 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:33 - Mar 6 by paulparker

Don’t you live in Thailand ?

Nice,Sounds like 1991/1992 all over again
From the same label as Deekline I think ?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:50 - Mar 6 with 1418 viewsngbqpr

Morning fellow Frankies.

So we all know Spotfiy has many flaws - but it has its uses. Those of you who have made a pact with the devil and use it may enjoy this monster playlist that I've played a part in.

Shedloads of house & techno from 1984 - 2021. Deliberately avoiding the obvious ( eg we don't need another playlist with Voodoo Ray or Where Love Lives), but equally not being wilfully obscure.

If you like some of the following, it'll be up your street: Digweed, Larry Heard, DJ Pierre, Jimpster, X-Press 2, Dave Seaman, Ron Trent, Dixon, Deep Dish, Max Cooper, Robert Babicz, Moodymann, Marshall Jefferson, Kolsch - and many many more.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7btSKGocUIe2GsFKDxfG5B

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:30 - Mar 6 with 1412 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:14 - Mar 6 with 1404 viewsLblock

One for the resident tough guy

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:33 - Mar 6 with 1368 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:50 - Mar 6 by ngbqpr

Morning fellow Frankies.

So we all know Spotfiy has many flaws - but it has its uses. Those of you who have made a pact with the devil and use it may enjoy this monster playlist that I've played a part in.

Shedloads of house & techno from 1984 - 2021. Deliberately avoiding the obvious ( eg we don't need another playlist with Voodoo Ray or Where Love Lives), but equally not being wilfully obscure.

If you like some of the following, it'll be up your street: Digweed, Larry Heard, DJ Pierre, Jimpster, X-Press 2, Dave Seaman, Ron Trent, Dixon, Deep Dish, Max Cooper, Robert Babicz, Moodymann, Marshall Jefferson, Kolsch - and many many more.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7btSKGocUIe2GsFKDxfG5B

Cheers ngb. I'll give that a follow
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:31 - Mar 6 with 1361 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:14 - Mar 6 by Lblock

One for the resident tough guy

Good label that L
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:32 - Mar 6 with 1352 viewsBrixtonR

I say hun no need for that you lovely just breath...............

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:36 - Mar 6 with 1349 viewsBrixtonR

I've got the Transmat 12'' lol,
oh dear x
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 21:37]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:50 - Mar 6 with 1346 viewsBrixtonR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024