Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Barton No Chance 08:54 - Apr 9 with 3739 viewsBlue_Castello

Well he's missed the last three games since picking up his injury against Wigan and we've been dog shite in all three games.

If you were at the Wigan game you know we actually played like a team that evening , without Barton we have nobody to drive us forward and look like a team set for relegation.

What a mess that we are so reliant on one midfield player for a decent TEAM performance.

ps...I'm no Joey lover but know what he brings to our team and we are lost without him at the moment...?
No Barton No Chance on 09:02 - Apr 9 with 3711 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I agree.
No Barton No Chance on 09:05 - Apr 9 with 3698 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yep.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

No Barton No Chance on 09:07 - Apr 9 with 3686 viewsMytch_QPR

Think back to his 'performance' at Man City on that last day of the season. IF (big IF) we make the final, then the stage is set for him to boss the midfield and redeem himself.
Big stage, pressure, Barton - what could possibly go wrong?

NB: He needs to get back in to the team and get playing soon, to bring some confidence back and get match fit.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

No Barton No Chance on 09:13 - Apr 9 with 3672 viewsGloucs_R

Some would say player of the season....

Poll: Are we staying up?

No Barton No Chance on 09:24 - Apr 9 with 3644 viewsbosh67

We are so much stronger with him in the team.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

No Barton No Chance on 11:02 - Apr 9 with 3571 viewsQPunkR

No Barton No Chance on 09:13 - Apr 9 by Gloucs_R

Some would say player of the season....

And they'd be wrong.

QPR - "shit but local"

No Barton No Chance on 11:05 - Apr 9 with 3561 viewsnewgolddream

No Barton No Chance on 11:02 - Apr 9 by QPunkR

And they'd be wrong.

Why not???
No Barton No Chance on 11:06 - Apr 9 with 3556 viewsQPunkR

No Barton No Chance on 11:05 - Apr 9 by newgolddream

Why not???

Because there are a few players who've been far better than him this season

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

No Barton No Chance on 11:52 - Apr 9 with 3476 viewsmartinm

Agree
No Barton No Chance on 12:01 - Apr 9 with 3458 viewsWokingR

Expected to be back in the team against Forest this Saturday
No Barton No Chance on 17:17 - Apr 9 with 3346 viewsBlue_Castello

No Barton No Chance on 11:06 - Apr 9 by QPunkR

Ok - I will rise to the bait , who do you think has been better than Barton, this season, he's been by far our best midfield player, we've had some good but not special performances from our defenders and the only player who would have been voted better than Barton is Austin and he's missed a lot of games.

JB has been integral to our better team performances with his extra drive and enthusiasm from the middle of the park, we all know that our overall team performances have been poor this year BUT we never look like we will win without Barton starting.

It's a problem that needs to be addressed very quickly in the summer, we should have got Lansbury a couple of years ago as the skill level of our central midfield is poor, there either not fit enough , fast enough , combative enough or skilful enough , take your pick.

I've managed to get past hating JB for his past misdemeanours and rate him for his performances on the pitch this this season, he's still bloody annoying but the best we have in central midfield.
No Barton No Chance on 18:19 - Apr 9 with 3294 viewsBklynRanger

It's pretty clear that Barton is a cut above most players at this level, but for me this goes back to Redknapp's laziness. Specifically his "football's easy when you have good players" line.

That to me puts shape, motivation, tactics, collective consistency and a few other things behind the importance of transfers. And you can see it on the pitch this season.

7 times out of 10 we would probably be weaker without JB, but the team should be drilled and organized enough for Karl Henry to come in and do a perfectly good job.

We approach every game like we're baking a cake from scratch and if all the ingredients and conditions aren't there at the start it's irretrievably fcuked.

I'd love someone to try to show how HR is not a lazy, slack kunt when it comes to this job. Vastly experienced ok but for us he only seemed to even talk about putting any graft in when the transfer window was open.
No Barton No Chance on 18:26 - Apr 9 with 3280 viewsMytch_QPR

No Barton No Chance on 18:19 - Apr 9 by BklynRanger

It's pretty clear that Barton is a cut above most players at this level, but for me this goes back to Redknapp's laziness. Specifically his "football's easy when you have good players" line.

That to me puts shape, motivation, tactics, collective consistency and a few other things behind the importance of transfers. And you can see it on the pitch this season.

7 times out of 10 we would probably be weaker without JB, but the team should be drilled and organized enough for Karl Henry to come in and do a perfectly good job.

We approach every game like we're baking a cake from scratch and if all the ingredients and conditions aren't there at the start it's irretrievably fcuked.

I'd love someone to try to show how HR is not a lazy, slack kunt when it comes to this job. Vastly experienced ok but for us he only seemed to even talk about putting any graft in when the transfer window was open.

"We approach every game like we're baking a cake from scratch and if all the ingredients and conditions aren't there at the start it's irretrievably fcuked. "

Bring in Nigella - easier on the eye than Bagpuss, and she's likely to make Charlie the first name on the team sheet (allegedly).

On a serious note, I think you're right about lazy management. It's why most managers want to work with big budgets - and Harry has plenty of form in this dept. As you say, the challenge once you have these players is motivation (they're being paid plenty) and man management - to cope with the egos. In many ways, managers like Dario Gradi have a far harder job - and have achieved much more in their careers - than many PL and Championship managers. Money isn't the solution to all problems.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

No Barton No Chance on 21:15 - Apr 9 with 3226 viewsRangersAreBack

Barton was missed but Henry was available. It doesn't help the cause if you pair Jenas and Carroll together in central midfield. That pairing has less spine than a jellyfish.
No Barton No Chance on 21:34 - Apr 9 with 3206 viewsHollowayRanger

No Barton No Chance on 21:15 - Apr 9 by RangersAreBack

Barton was missed but Henry was available. It doesn't help the cause if you pair Jenas and Carroll together in central midfield. That pairing has less spine than a jellyfish.

agree should be in order of central midfielders

barton
henry
carrol
o neill

with likes of
morrison benayon hoilett kranjar traore futher forward or wide

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

No Barton No Chance on 22:04 - Apr 9 with 3170 viewsnewgolddream

No Barton No Chance on 11:06 - Apr 9 by QPunkR

Name them??
No Barton No Chance on 22:49 - Apr 9 with 3126 viewsfrancisbowles

The other problem we have with JB is that he is three bookings away from a three match ban. There is a very high probability factor that he will pick one up every time he plays. This injury has robbed him of the chance to get a suspension out of the way. Only five games left so may need to rest him if he gets two.

I'm not sure what happens if he picks up two and then a further one in the play offs? Presumably the plate is wiped clean at the end of the regular season?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024