Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diving 08:49 - May 14 with 4480 viewsblacky200

Should the penalty for diving be a red card or even more severe?

If you think about it, Mclean's dive could of potentially meant that Green gets sent off and penalty awarded, giving them a 0-2 advantage and giving us no hope of getting back into the game. He gets away with a yellow card.
Diving on 09:00 - May 14 with 3162 viewszicoshoops

If the Keeper/last man gets a Red Card for fouling/cheating, then the forward should get the same punishment for diving/cheating.
There is nothing 'Professional' about it, it's cheating.........plain and simple.
Also, it would mean a far better spectacle for the supporters.

Granted, the Ashley Young's of this world might have to follow a different career.
Diving on 09:09 - May 14 with 3137 viewsrrrspricey

Nothing will change until those in power sart recognising it for what it is....plain and simple cheating.

Having a "right to go down" because these was contact, calling it simulation and just a general acceptance of this scourge of the beautiful game needs to change.

Red card and a 3 match ban minimum and this can also be done retrospectively should the ref miss it. If the cheating leads to a goal that wouldn't have otherwise been scored i.e. pen or free kick, the club should be duducted 2 points and if an oposing player is sent off as a result of the cheating player, the 3 match ban is doubled.
Diving on 09:16 - May 14 with 3121 viewsloftboy

Having watched the game back, McLean was a good foot away from green when he went down, when I say down I mean jump up and throw himself forward whilst doing a triple axle.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Diving on 09:20 - May 14 with 3115 viewsjonno

Diving on 09:09 - May 14 by rrrspricey

Nothing will change until those in power sart recognising it for what it is....plain and simple cheating.

Having a "right to go down" because these was contact, calling it simulation and just a general acceptance of this scourge of the beautiful game needs to change.

Red card and a 3 match ban minimum and this can also be done retrospectively should the ref miss it. If the cheating leads to a goal that wouldn't have otherwise been scored i.e. pen or free kick, the club should be duducted 2 points and if an oposing player is sent off as a result of the cheating player, the 3 match ban is doubled.

Spot on. Until the punishment is made far more draconian players will continue to try it on, and managers/coaches will not stop them and most likely encourage it. Once a manager knows he will lose a player for a lot of games if they attempt to dive you will find it will soon disappear from the game.
Diving on 09:24 - May 14 with 3107 viewswestberksr

Forwards punishment should match the defenders, give the cheating fukks a red.

Hate the fact that a handball by a defender is a pen and red potentially too. Forwards handle and push and bemoan a free kick given against them.

You'd never guess I was a centre back for 35 years!
Diving on 10:37 - May 14 with 3065 viewswillis1980

mclean is an odious tw0nk barring the diving the incident. id say give them a red if its in the box and a yellow outside.

I was surprised we got the pen to be honest, as mclean and gomez were diving so much that the ref was ignoring a few fouls.
Diving on 10:42 - May 14 with 3065 viewsJuzzie

Diving on 09:09 - May 14 by rrrspricey

Also agree.

It's cheating of the highest order and should be a red card just in the same way as a defender/goalie fouling an attacking player who is the last man.

I hate this 'right to go down' stuff and all these pundist shoiuld be ashamed of themselves by encourging it.

When McLean went down and the ref got his card out, for a split second I thought "that's it, we're out". I'm in R block so couldn't tell if there was contact but thankfully the ref saw it for what it was.

If Mclean had scored that goal much later on in the game when he hit the post then there might be calls for saying he shouldn't have even been on the pitch.
Diving on 10:53 - May 14 with 3045 viewsjonno

Diving on 10:42 - May 14 by Juzzie

Also agree.

It's cheating of the highest order and should be a red card just in the same way as a defender/goalie fouling an attacking player who is the last man.

I hate this 'right to go down' stuff and all these pundist shoiuld be ashamed of themselves by encourging it.

When McLean went down and the ref got his card out, for a split second I thought "that's it, we're out". I'm in R block so couldn't tell if there was contact but thankfully the ref saw it for what it was.

If Mclean had scored that goal much later on in the game when he hit the post then there might be calls for saying he shouldn't have even been on the pitch.

Poetic justice when he missed that!
Login to get fewer ads

Diving on 11:00 - May 14 with 3037 viewsblacky200

While I don't want to see players sent off (as it often ruins a game) something needs to be done to stop these career cheaters driven out of the game. As everyone has said there is no "right to go down" under any circumstances. It really is starting to put me off watching the game.
I like the idea of the player being red carded and a 3 game ban and increased to 6 games if the cheat is identified later and the opposing player is sent off. Also deducting points from the club would stop this cheating in no time at all.
Diving on 11:26 - May 14 with 3023 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It has to be taken out of the hands of the players and the refs, and there has to be a review procedure.

Players should be afraid of retrospective justice. So should supporters. Only then will cheating players be villified by supporters.

Under the present systems, players can take a chance knowing that their only possible punishment is a yellow, knowing that their club's supporters will never villify them for taking that chance. Supporters will only villify cheating players when the cheating players incur a penalty that will cost their club severely - in short, supporters will never truly villify their own cheating players for a lack of morality, only for a lack of intelligence.

And if anyone thinks that's not true, they should ask themselves this - if Hoilett had dived for our penalty and our presence in Wembley was down to that, would our supporters care one little bit?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Diving on 11:33 - May 14 with 3018 viewsbob566

Diving on 11:26 - May 14 by BrianMcCarthy

It has to be taken out of the hands of the players and the refs, and there has to be a review procedure.

Players should be afraid of retrospective justice. So should supporters. Only then will cheating players be villified by supporters.

Under the present systems, players can take a chance knowing that their only possible punishment is a yellow, knowing that their club's supporters will never villify them for taking that chance. Supporters will only villify cheating players when the cheating players incur a penalty that will cost their club severely - in short, supporters will never truly villify their own cheating players for a lack of morality, only for a lack of intelligence.

And if anyone thinks that's not true, they should ask themselves this - if Hoilett had dived for our penalty and our presence in Wembley was down to that, would our supporters care one little bit?

exactly. Easy to villify when it's not one of our own.
Diving on 11:40 - May 14 with 3009 viewsblacky200

Diving on 11:33 - May 14 by bob566

Yeah I remember an occasion where one of our players went for a diving header and clearly scored with a handball that almost everyone on here was laughing about. Easy to say naughty, naughty when the points and goals are in the bag.
Diving on 11:51 - May 14 with 2988 viewskomradkirk

In the case of McClean i think hung,drawn and quartered would have been lenient.
Diving on 11:56 - May 14 with 2981 viewsRangersAreBack

Yes seems perverse that the defending team risks the double whammy of a red card and penalty for making a genuine attempt to win the ball whilst the attacker can blatantly cheat safe in the knowledge that at worst he'll be shown a yellow card.
[Post edited 14 May 2014 11:56]
Diving on 11:57 - May 14 with 2976 viewsjonno

Diving on 11:26 - May 14 by BrianMcCarthy

I think it's a hollow victory when you win by cheating - it would take the gloss off for me.
Diving on 12:07 - May 14 with 2956 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Diving on 11:57 - May 14 by jonno

I think it's a hollow victory when you win by cheating - it would take the gloss off for me.

I agree, I hate cheating, but....my teams have won before thanks to it and I've learned to live with the pain!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Diving on 12:10 - May 14 with 2938 viewshoops_legend

Has anyone got a video of its, its worse than Ashley Young. Green was nowhere near him.... i would have wanted a riot in Loftus Road if that was given
Diving on 12:11 - May 14 with 2936 viewsSydneyRs

Straight red if as obvious as McLean's. The turd very nearly scored later on. I also think they need to start hitting people with suspensions based on video evidence of diving. Yes Ashley Young I'm talking about you.
Diving on 12:13 - May 14 with 2934 viewswillis1980

Diving on 11:33 - May 14 by bob566

hoilett and ravel go down easily far too much for my liking, it makes the lives more difficult for our players that dont. Bobby "climbing frame" Zamora for one and then Nicky Jamjar who would stay on his feet lose possession and wed get nothing for it.
Diving on 12:40 - May 14 with 2899 viewsCanadaRanger

Diving on 11:51 - May 14 by komradkirk

In the case of McClean i think hung,drawn and quartered would have been lenient.

A yellow card, plus 20 minutes in the sin bin wearing goggles and flippers...
Diving on 12:47 - May 14 with 2893 viewsbosh67

A red card... And castration.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Diving on 12:51 - May 14 with 2883 viewsdanehoop

Diving on 12:47 - May 14 by bosh67

A red card... And castration.

A touch harsh Bosh, a yellow card would be more appropriate.

Never knowingly understood

Diving on 12:51 - May 14 with 2882 viewskomradkirk

crucifixtion
Diving on 12:58 - May 14 with 2873 viewsrrrspricey

I just don't get why the FA / FIFA etc haven't done anything about this yet.

When "cheating" if discovered in any other sport it's big news. Now i know taking a dive isn't quite the same as taking a performance enhancing drug but both result in the gaining of an unfair advantage by dishonest means so why not treat the culprits the same.

These people get paid a fecking fortune to be "Professional" sportsmen...start acting like it ffs
Diving on 12:58 - May 14 with 2873 viewsbob566

on the diving thing I'm surprised that a case hasn't gone to court for loss of earnings.

What's are game against derby worth? 60 mill made up of 40 tv and 20 in increased sponsorships, gates etc?

Lets say one of the teams lost to a blatant dive. Only goal of the game. Beyond doubt no contact. Surely it's only a matter of time before a game of this importance goes to court for financial reimbursement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024