Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How did this song come to be associated with QPR? 08:52 - May 28 with 12065 viewsN12Hoop

When I'm not singing the Bobby Zamora song, this is the other song stuck in my head. How did it come to get adopted as a QPR song?

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

How did this song come to be associated with QPR? on 09:04 - May 28 with 12022 views18StoneOfHoop

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=18015

From Wikipedia:
Released in 1967 this song has been adopted by the supporters of football clubs such as Scunthorpe United, Stockport County, Queens Park Rangers, Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday and Wolverhampton Wanderers. The song is played before matches on the loudspeaker system so that the fans can sing along to the chorus with the lyrics adapted to include a reference to their club (e.g., 'Hi Ho Queens Park Rangers'. 'Hi Ho Aston Villa', 'Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday' or 'Hi Ho, Wolverhampton'

Any specific Rangers connection?

from Yahoo answers
The term, "Hi-ho Silver, and away!" was used in an old (black & white) television series called, "The Lone Ranger" (by The Ranger himself). It was his call to his horse Silver to get going, and he said it (shouted it) as he left.

[Post edited 28 May 2014 9:09]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

How did this song come to be associated with QPR? on 09:08 - May 28 with 11997 viewsMaggsinho

Was Daphne Biggs' favourite song, we adopted it after she died.
How did this song come to be associated with QPR? on 09:10 - May 28 with 11992 viewsstowmarketrange

I read Ronnie Woods autobiography and he mentions the song in there,but I can't remember the reasons behind him writing the song now.It does fit queens park rangers better than it does Wolverhampton though.
How did this song come to be associated with QPR? on 09:27 - May 28 with 11933 viewsizlingtonhoop

My mate from County Durham says the bar codes sang, in the 70s

Hi Ho Geordie Boot Boys
How did this song come to be associated with QPR? on 10:10 - May 28 with 11837 viewssmegma

How did this song come to be associated with QPR? on 09:08 - May 28 by Maggsinho

Was Daphne Biggs' favourite song, we adopted it after she died.

Correct.
How did this song come to be associated with QPR? on 10:27 - May 28 with 11804 viewsTheBlob

How did this song come to be associated with QPR? on 09:04 - May 28 by 18StoneOfHoop

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=18015

From Wikipedia:
Released in 1967 this song has been adopted by the supporters of football clubs such as Scunthorpe United, Stockport County, Queens Park Rangers, Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday and Wolverhampton Wanderers. The song is played before matches on the loudspeaker system so that the fans can sing along to the chorus with the lyrics adapted to include a reference to their club (e.g., 'Hi Ho Queens Park Rangers'. 'Hi Ho Aston Villa', 'Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday' or 'Hi Ho, Wolverhampton'

Any specific Rangers connection?

from Yahoo answers
The term, "Hi-ho Silver, and away!" was used in an old (black & white) television series called, "The Lone Ranger" (by The Ranger himself). It was his call to his horse Silver to get going, and he said it (shouted it) as he left.

[Post edited 28 May 2014 9:09]

Always thought it was Hiyo Silver?To the William Tell overture music.

I think it's the only record Jeff sings on.Still gets played at every goddam party.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi_Ho_Silver_Lining

Poll: So how was the season for you?

How did this song come to be associated with QPR? on 13:40 - May 28 with 11606 viewsVancouverHoop

When the song was originally in the charts, (1968) JB performed it on ToTP and gave a big "QPR!" shout out at the beginning. We were a very cool club to be associated with then – league cup win, exciting young team, Rodney's attitude etc. It's possible that was part of the reason we adopted it.
How did this song come to be associated with QPR? on 13:54 - May 28 with 11573 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024