Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek 09:31 - Jun 11 with 9071 viewsN12Hoop

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27782311
Relegated Cardiff City were top of the Premier League when it came to entertaining away fans last season.

A survey conducted by the Football Supporters' Federation rated the Bluebirds ahead of Swansea City, Hull City, Southampton and Arsenal
Just over 5,300 fans took part in the survey, which covered all four professional leagues in England.

Fans were asked to rate clubs on such factors as food and drink, safety, transport and view of the pitch.

From feedback, distance of travel (44%), time and day of kick-off (42.6%) and ticket prices (40.4%) were the main factors for determining whether or not fans attended an away game.

The likelihood of watching their team win was the least quoted reason supporters gave for attending an away game.

Only 3.9% of respondents said this was a reason they would travel to an away fixture.

Crystal Palace finished bottom of the Premier League, below Merseyside neighbours Everton and Liverpool.

In the Championship, Wigan were top, while MK Dons led the way in League One. Plymouth Argyle were rated the best hosts in League Two
The FSF plans to use the results of the study to help the football authorities address the issues of falling away attendances.

"Away fans travel in huge numbers in this country compared to many others," said FSF chairman Malcolm Clarke.

"They're a driving force behind the noise and spectacle at many games. It simply wouldn't be the same without them.

"However, in recent seasons there does seem to have been a decrease in travelling supporters."

This is the second year the FSF have asked fans for feedback on their experiences at away games.

The online survey ran through the entire regular season.
Championship: 1. Wigan 7.92, 2. Reading 7.54, 3. Blackburn 7.37, 4. Brighton 7.3, 5. Leicester 7.27, 6. Bournemouth 7.21, 7. Derby 7.17, 8. Huddersfield 7.03, 9. Doncaster 6.91, 10. Birmingham 6.86, 11. Middlesbrough 6.8, 12. Barnsley 6.78, 13. Watford 6.74, 14. Charlton 6.55, 15. Yeovil 6.53, 16. Ipswich 6.46, 17. Nottm Forest 5.94, 18. Bolton 5.65, 19. Millwall 5.29, 20. Sheff Wed 5.27, 21. Blackpool 4.72, 22. Burnley 4.67, 23. QPR 4.67, 24. Leeds 4.12.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 09:44 - Jun 11 with 7670 viewsWatford_Ranger

The sort of people that answer these surveys probably sit in the front row with a flask of tea and value the cleanliness of the toilets over atmosphere, closeness to the pitch etc.
Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 09:44 - Jun 11 with 7670 viewsdanehoop

I must confess I enjoyed the first three words of the article and didnt really care after that. Any poll that doesnt have Millwall as worst away experience is clearly flawed.

Never knowingly understood

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 09:46 - Jun 11 with 7667 viewsLowerloftLad

It's hard to like a place when you have just been beaten by a team who never had to break into a sweet till the 89th minute 😂

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 09:47 - Jun 11 with 7659 viewsDWQPR

Based on last season I would have rated Huddersfield first, which was partly influenced by the fact that they were holding the Huddersfield Food Fayre that weekend, the ground was good, the locals decent, the beer good and parking was decent, quite close to the ground and easy to get away from. Probably the worst for me was Bolton, early kick off, no atmosphere in the ground and hardly any pubs near the ground. I personally think that QPR is an excellent away day, plenty of pubs and eateries, good view from the upper tier, it is just that the legroom is a bit cramped.

For me though, next season the top, top away day will be at the Hawthorns, if only for this:

Quite simply the best football pub in the country!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 10:21 - Jun 11 with 7562 viewsBrightonhoop

Why have the FSF not factored steeply rising prices into the 'survey?'
Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 11:00 - Jun 11 with 7477 viewskingsburyR

Is the away end any different from the Loft?

I sit in Mu and love my seat. (admittedly I'm 5'8")

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 11:43 - Jun 11 with 7395 viewsdaveB

I always find Reading and Blackburn two of the worst away games to go to, nightmare to get to the ground an dback again. readings stadium is decent but still hard to get a pint at half time, Blackburn was a shit hole.

Surprised Blackpool is so low, always love that away day.

For me the best one last season was Yeovil
Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 11:47 - Jun 11 with 7370 viewsstowmarketrange

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 11:43 - Jun 11 by daveB

I always find Reading and Blackburn two of the worst away games to go to, nightmare to get to the ground an dback again. readings stadium is decent but still hard to get a pint at half time, Blackburn was a shit hole.

Surprised Blackpool is so low, always love that away day.

For me the best one last season was Yeovil

Yeovil was good,but a nightmare to get home from by train thanks to South West trains.
The facilities around the ground need to be upgraded too if they get back to the championship.
Login to get fewer ads

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 11:48 - Jun 11 with 7365 viewstoboboly

Last season I would say Ipswich for time to get there and back and cheap train tickets. Blackpool wasn't too bad, Yeovil was good but a pain in the arse on the train back!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 11:49 - Jun 11 with 7361 viewsQPunkR

All those pesky away fans are spoiled!

QPR - "shit but local"

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 12:15 - Jun 11 with 7260 viewsQPR1882

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 09:47 - Jun 11 by DWQPR

Based on last season I would have rated Huddersfield first, which was partly influenced by the fact that they were holding the Huddersfield Food Fayre that weekend, the ground was good, the locals decent, the beer good and parking was decent, quite close to the ground and easy to get away from. Probably the worst for me was Bolton, early kick off, no atmosphere in the ground and hardly any pubs near the ground. I personally think that QPR is an excellent away day, plenty of pubs and eateries, good view from the upper tier, it is just that the legroom is a bit cramped.

For me though, next season the top, top away day will be at the Hawthorns, if only for this:

Quite simply the best football pub in the country!

Beer and a great curry
Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 12:16 - Jun 11 with 7252 viewsQuakerJack

At least the scum beat us at something.

I'm thoroughly looking forward to coming to yours next season

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 12:20 - Jun 11 with 7238 viewsSydneyRs

Wigan top. Clearly empty stadiums with zero atmosphere are the new black.
Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 12:22 - Jun 11 with 7230 viewskensalriser

Emotional considerations aside, we don't like our stadium, why would anyone else!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 12:37 - Jun 11 with 7184 viewsQPR442

Agree with Wigan as I thought the play -off night was fab with a bar next to the ground, easy access, easy to get a drink, large toilets and helpful stewards.
But
Reading?
Do me a favour! No pub within a Mile of the ground, crap atmosphere and fans that resemble something out of the film 'Deliverance'. It is hard to get to via a park and ride bus. Although it is good shout that they show QPR games in the concourse and bar staff wear QPR tops. For smokers and drinkers they open up the doors at half time and you can stand outside. Part of the new bowl shaped ground complete with ready-made fans. Would rather sit in a small seat at QPR than be like that.
Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 12:44 - Jun 11 with 7152 viewsRangersw12

I'm surprised I would of thought QPR away would be one of the better away games especially for the clubs in the Championship where the choice of London games last season was Wall & Charlton !

We have loads of pubs and easy tube access what else do people want !
Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 12:45 - Jun 11 with 7150 viewsJigsore

Leeds was fine. Leg room to the tune of 10,000 seats and enough burger outlets to feed an American for a week

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 12:55 - Jun 11 with 7114 viewsheadhoops

Best away ground - Wembley - easy to walk to and unbeaten there last season!!

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 13:24 - Jun 11 with 7023 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Most fans of other teams I speak to love coming to our ground but they wouldn't be the type to fill in these surveys.
Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 13:33 - Jun 11 with 6997 viewsderbyhoop

Relatively high prices, poor facilities and cramped seats with a poor view of the pitch. What's not to like?

Even so, I can't believe they ranked us below Millwall.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 13:35 - Jun 11 with 6994 viewsSpiritofGregory

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 12:44 - Jun 11 by Rangersw12

I'm surprised I would of thought QPR away would be one of the better away games especially for the clubs in the Championship where the choice of London games last season was Wall & Charlton !

We have loads of pubs and easy tube access what else do people want !

Yes, walking through the Uxbridge Rd and the White City Estate must be really enjoyable for away fans. Then add to that expensive London prices and sitting in cramped conditions in the away end.
Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 13:48 - Jun 11 with 6950 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 13:35 - Jun 11 by SpiritofGregory

Yes, walking through the Uxbridge Rd and the White City Estate must be really enjoyable for away fans. Then add to that expensive London prices and sitting in cramped conditions in the away end.

Walking through the Uxbridge Rd is fine mate.
But then, I do live in Croydon I suppose1
Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 14:40 - Jun 11 with 6861 viewskingsburyR

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 12:22 - Jun 11 by kensalriser

Emotional considerations aside, we don't like our stadium, why would anyone else!

I love our stadium and will be sad when I leave (With seat under my arm!).

Always think back to Man City at ours first time round. The place was rocking!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 14:43 - Jun 11 with 6849 viewsRangersw12

Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 12:22 - Jun 11 by kensalriser

Speak for yourself fella

I and every Rangers fan I know love our ground
Away fans don't like our ground! Bloody cheek on 20:31 - Jun 11 with 6611 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Any survey of best away days that has Wigan, Reading and Blackburn placed 1,2,3 is clearly flawed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024