Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New ticket scanners 14:36 - Aug 9 with 6724 viewsJonTheJack

If there was ever a club that could actually make things slower when trying to improve things it's us.

Joke.
New ticket scanners on 19:11 - Aug 9 with 1731 viewsLeonisGod

New ticket scanners on 19:06 - Aug 9 by fbreath

Surely the whole point of a barcode system is that it is automatic i . E no steward but a card reader machine as used in other grounds.
I was in west stand today and didn't see any gates closed just long queues.

My ticket said entrance via reception went there and security on door asked have you got pass for upstairs which we didn't be said join the queue . So why put the wrong information on tickets.

The scanners the stewards were using looked very flimsy. They had to take ticket hold down by their side and then scan. Took far too long. Guess time and motion consultants weren't involved in the design

I've yet to go to a ground with scanner that doesn't have a gaggle of stewards showing the numpties how to scan their ticket. They can't be installing these to save on labour, it must be for some other reason. But it was notably slower than just walking through and flashing your card. I think those above are right- burnley could be 'interesting'.
New ticket scanners on 19:39 - Aug 9 with 1695 viewsAlf6

The gateman scanned my ticket and said"you can't come in". He tried and tried to get the required reading whilst they looked/waited for assistance. Meanwhile a queue was building. Eventually a lady came with a different scanner and said "ok he can go in..". Not a good start and I was there very early. I expected a system something like at Reading.
New ticket scanners on 20:15 - Aug 9 with 1647 viewsjacktar

I had a print off at home ticket which scanned easily and I don't think I was any longer passing through the turnstile than normally showing my season ticket. However the 40+ people ahead of me in the queue rather than the usual 3 or 4 meant a 10 minute delay getting in. This was at around 2:30 with a relatively small attendance. I will definitely be getting in a bit earlier for the Burnley game.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

New ticket scanners on 20:48 - Aug 9 with 1590 viewswestside

waited about 30 minutes to buy a ticket and heard others saying they waited 45 minutes.

what a complete shambles in a brand new stadium at only half capacity.
New ticket scanners on 21:24 - Aug 9 with 1557 viewsStarsky

New ticket scanners on 18:43 - Aug 9 by Phil_S

did my Trust piece at half time and sought out the stadium manager to get some initial feedback having seen the queues outside the West Stand just before 3pm

A full debrief on Monday naturally and feedback to come in but fair to say there were teething problems that are already aware of.

There was a large queue I understand as well outside the ticket office close to kick off which then also meant that transferred to the turnstiles as well although that will be balanced out by the bigger matchday crowds for league games.

Also been told that the big screens are unlikely to be in place for the Burnley game - I am not sure on the reasons why

What a fiasco Phil. My families seats had apparently already been scanned in at 2.05. So they had duplicate tickets. How can this new system double book seats? They and quite a few others were sent to the ticket office, creating a big queue.
They didn't get in until 10 minutes after kick off. They were given different seats... And apparently they got moved again whilst the game was on. These tickets were bought weeks ago, for a much better spot that they were eventually herded to.

It's just the internet, init.

New ticket scanners on 21:29 - Aug 9 with 1544 viewsjacktar

New ticket scanners on 21:24 - Aug 9 by Starsky

What a fiasco Phil. My families seats had apparently already been scanned in at 2.05. So they had duplicate tickets. How can this new system double book seats? They and quite a few others were sent to the ticket office, creating a big queue.
They didn't get in until 10 minutes after kick off. They were given different seats... And apparently they got moved again whilst the game was on. These tickets were bought weeks ago, for a much better spot that they were eventually herded to.

Not photocopying tickets!

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

New ticket scanners on 21:37 - Aug 9 with 1533 viewssomersetsimon

We had tickets for the East Stand and starting queuing at about 2.40. They were huge queues at every gate. There were probably 50 people ahead of us and maybe 5 got through in 15 minutes. If they hadn't opened up the doors and started checking tickets by hand, they wouldn't have got everyone in until half time!
New ticket scanners on 10:35 - Aug 10 with 1398 viewsPrivate_Partz

New ticket scanners on 19:11 - Aug 9 by LeonisGod

I've yet to go to a ground with scanner that doesn't have a gaggle of stewards showing the numpties how to scan their ticket. They can't be installing these to save on labour, it must be for some other reason. But it was notably slower than just walking through and flashing your card. I think those above are right- burnley could be 'interesting'.

We tend to only see the away end when we visit grounds. Scanners tend to be different and some grounds do not have any scanners so visitors can be well confused. I sure a well run system is cheaper and quicker for the home fans who are familiar with it.
Personally I prefer enough turnstile operators and the ability to take cash for the turn up on the day supporters.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

New ticket scanners on 10:40 - Aug 10 with 1393 viewsymaohyd

New ticket scanners on 17:36 - Aug 9 by Oldjack

Wrong ,utter chaos at the turnstiles today with queues on everyone one of them ,the stewards give up on scanning tickets and just ended up on ripping the stubs off

Something that i don't believe has ever been highlighted in the Welsh media. When the Mill Stad was built it had state of the art ticket scanning machines.

The first game against South Africa, it was a disaster, reverted back to the old steward ripping off stub and to my knowledge has never been used since.

Might this repeat itself?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

New ticket scanners on 10:50 - Aug 10 with 1380 viewsPrivate_Partz

New ticket scanners on 10:40 - Aug 10 by ymaohyd

Something that i don't believe has ever been highlighted in the Welsh media. When the Mill Stad was built it had state of the art ticket scanning machines.

The first game against South Africa, it was a disaster, reverted back to the old steward ripping off stub and to my knowledge has never been used since.

Welsh media not reporting a Cardiff cock up shock! ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

New ticket scanners on 11:28 - Aug 10 with 1333 viewsjackforever

New ticket scanners on 10:40 - Aug 10 by ymaohyd

I was at that game and it was indeed a disaster. It was reported at the time but that was 1999 and they never went back to the system.
One thing that strikes we about so much these days is the difference in systems. Have a look at the bar code system at wembley or the pa system at anfield. Both work brilliantly.
Maybe its a simple you get what you pay for. Lets be honest the best thing about the liberty is the pitch which we know is top draw and has vasts amount of money spent on it. Imo we have never spent the money on these sorts of items. Yesterday for example whilst standing under the west stand having a pint with my old man he went to the bog and came back saying how loud the announcement was in there for a mr whatever to go to his nearest steward urgently yet that announcement couldn't be heard in the main area under the stand.
New ticket scanners on 12:54 - Aug 10 with 1268 viewsbermudajack

New ticket scanners on 11:28 - Aug 10 by jackforever

I was at that game and it was indeed a disaster. It was reported at the time but that was 1999 and they never went back to the system.
One thing that strikes we about so much these days is the difference in systems. Have a look at the bar code system at wembley or the pa system at anfield. Both work brilliantly.
Maybe its a simple you get what you pay for. Lets be honest the best thing about the liberty is the pitch which we know is top draw and has vasts amount of money spent on it. Imo we have never spent the money on these sorts of items. Yesterday for example whilst standing under the west stand having a pint with my old man he went to the bog and came back saying how loud the announcement was in there for a mr whatever to go to his nearest steward urgently yet that announcement couldn't be heard in the main area under the stand.

I got there with my 80 yr old dad at 2.25pm, there were only 4 turn styles open and very long queue, it took around 15 mins to get in, the OP scanned the barcode and we were in.

There's absolutely no point in this barcode system unless it's completely automated, this will therefore eliminate the need for any turn style operators hence saving £ (it would be nice if we knew this if was the plan)

Question...
Is it in the best interests of the turn style operators to make this physically scanned stop gap version work?

Wouldn't have been so bad if all the turnstiles were open

Poll: Priority for new manager?

New ticket scanners on 12:59 - Aug 10 with 1249 viewsMattG

Maybe it's just me but I don't really see why we needed these scanners in any case.

I'll certainly be getting into the ground in plenty of time next game.

EDIT to add that I now have even greater concerns about using my ST as the barcode printed on there doesn't look particularly clear.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 13:02]
New ticket scanners on 13:00 - Aug 10 with 1249 viewsUxbridge

New ticket scanners on 12:54 - Aug 10 by bermudajack

I got there with my 80 yr old dad at 2.25pm, there were only 4 turn styles open and very long queue, it took around 15 mins to get in, the OP scanned the barcode and we were in.

There's absolutely no point in this barcode system unless it's completely automated, this will therefore eliminate the need for any turn style operators hence saving £ (it would be nice if we knew this if was the plan)

Question...
Is it in the best interests of the turn style operators to make this physically scanned stop gap version work?

Wouldn't have been so bad if all the turnstiles were open

You'll always need people there for access.

There always seem to be queues if it's ticket access rather than the card ... longer queues last season for cup games ... but given the crowd levels yesterday it's mildly concerning what will happen when there's double the people against Burnley. Hopefully lessons learned and quickly.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New ticket scanners on 13:17 - Aug 10 with 1231 viewsbermudajack

New ticket scanners on 13:00 - Aug 10 by Uxbridge

You'll always need people there for access.

There always seem to be queues if it's ticket access rather than the card ... longer queues last season for cup games ... but given the crowd levels yesterday it's mildly concerning what will happen when there's double the people against Burnley. Hopefully lessons learned and quickly.

I'm sure it states in the new welcome pack that each card's bar code will be scanned too, and if they're concessions, an alarm will go off to the operator where proof will be needed to ensure identity of the card holder.

In my very limited view, this will make the queue's even longer than yesterday

Poll: Priority for new manager?

New ticket scanners on 13:19 - Aug 10 with 1143 viewsDarran

Tell ew summin else too the stadium sent out hundreds of car parking passes and then took them off people yesterday because they forgot to put a bar code on them. 😂

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024