Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go Pros (non QPR) 13:32 - Sep 8 with 2266 viewsTonto

Seriously thinkingof getting one. We are off to Cape Town in a few weeks, and we are going to be abseiling down Table Mountain, visiting the penguins etc. We are quite outdoorsy - ski/snowboard, trail running, obstacle courses, body boarding etc.

Anyone got one? What are the pros/cons? Which edition should we get? Its between the silver and balck - is the black worth the extra cash?

is there an alternative make we should look at?

any advice gratefully received...

thanks in advance

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Go Pros (non QPR) on 14:30 - Sep 8 with 2204 viewsRamseyR

Make sure you have enough in the budget for helmet attachments / chest harness etc, as they are not cheap.
Go Pros (non QPR) on 14:35 - Sep 8 with 2196 viewsNorthernr

We have them at work for interviewing on the go and they're great.
The better the model the longer the batter/memory life, which is the only issue we've had with them if we're at an event all day.
Go Pros (non QPR) on 14:51 - Sep 8 with 2157 viewsAlbRanger

Go Pros (non QPR) on 14:30 - Sep 8 by RamseyR

Make sure you have enough in the budget for helmet attachments / chest harness etc, as they are not cheap.

This! We bought one for AlbJnr #2 a couple of months ago and had to get a varying selection of accessories. That said, we got mot of them from eBay shops and they are all fine whilst being a fraction of the price of the 'official' stuff.

He's really active, living in Cornwall and being an air cadet. Regular use includes (but not limited to) - harbour jumping, mountain biking, cadet hiking/climbing over places like Dartmoor and gliding.

We did quite a bit of research beforehand regarding whether or not to go with the Silver or Black - including YouTube vids comparing the two.

In the end we felt the Hero Black was worth the extra. So far he's happy that we made the right choice.

In short it's a great piece of kit to have around. Reckon you'll love it.
Go Pros (non QPR) on 15:28 - Sep 8 with 2113 viewsAunt_Nelly

I bought a Hero3 Black to replace our silver Go Pro which gave up the ghost after a drop too far. On paper the specs look better but for what we use it for, ski/boarding/MTB, I can't tell the difference in footage quality and if it does have extra features I'm yet to use/find them.
If I'd paid RRP I'd be pissed off I didn't get another silver but it was £220 with 4 mounts, remote, case etc from Sports Pursuit so no complaints.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2014 15:38]
Go Pros (non QPR) on 15:34 - Sep 8 with 2098 viewsAunt_Nelly

http://whitelines.com/videos/wltv/friday-find-now-this-is-how-you-use-a-gopro.ht

Brilliant gopro video. 'llow the soundtrack.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2014 16:38]
Go Pros (non QPR) on 15:51 - Sep 8 with 2074 viewsAlbRanger

Go Pros (non QPR) on 15:28 - Sep 8 by Aunt_Nelly

I bought a Hero3 Black to replace our silver Go Pro which gave up the ghost after a drop too far. On paper the specs look better but for what we use it for, ski/boarding/MTB, I can't tell the difference in footage quality and if it does have extra features I'm yet to use/find them.
If I'd paid RRP I'd be pissed off I didn't get another silver but it was £220 with 4 mounts, remote, case etc from Sports Pursuit so no complaints.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2014 15:38]

Forgot to add, we got about £100 off RRP too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024