Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan scumbag - league 02:48 - Oct 12 with 4317 viewsKiwi76

Currently being a big kid at Disneyland & just caught up with Challenge Cup final - what a scumbag Flower is!
Must be close to criminal charge for that assault on poor wee Hohia.
Justice in final result I suppose.

Fair bit of discussion downunder with concussion & shots to the head - not great look for league.
Wigan scumbag - league on 03:28 - Oct 12 with 4293 viewsPunteR

Yep. Assault.S**t sport anyway. A sport for the rich big bully boys that cant play football.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Wigan scumbag - league on 10:33 - Oct 12 with 4048 viewsrobith

Wigan scumbag - league on 03:28 - Oct 12 by PunteR

Yep. Assault.S**t sport anyway. A sport for the rich big bully boys that cant play football.

Think that it's the only time in history someone has called rugby league a sport for the rich
Wigan scumbag - league on 10:57 - Oct 12 with 4007 viewsHollowayRanger

very similar to man city v QPR

when barton got suckered by the argy and paid the price

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Wigan scumbag - league on 11:01 - Oct 12 with 4003 viewsNorthernr

Wigan scumbag - league on 03:28 - Oct 12 by PunteR

Rugby League is played entirely by thick northern lads from Castleford, Wakefield, Hull etc or imported Australians. Rich bully boys? WTF?

As for this incident, I'm surprised the Wigan coach Shaun Wane is getting away without more scrutiny. When Wigan appointed Michael Maguire (now South Sydney) and had Wane as his assistant there was immediately a notable change in their tactics designed to hurt opponents. Referees in Super League have, over the past three years, at different points, been told to look more closely at players putting pressure on joints in the ruck, diving in at the knee, chicken wing tackles, late hits on a kicker, shoulder charges etc and this is all stuff that was started by Maguire and Wane at Wigan and then picked up widely elsewhere.

Wane spoke all week about how there would be "blood" in this game, how much they hate each other, how it was going to be a war. Then suddenly, lo and behold, two minutes in, the only playmaker Saints have left (both halves and a loose forward out injured yesterday) gets absolutely nailed with a game ending injury. Course, Flower took it too far and got sent off, cost his team the game, but if you are going to pump aforementioned thick northern body builders up to that extent, that is going to happen. I've no doubt Wigan went after Ohaia deliberately because he was the only ball player St Helens had left.

That's been Wigan's attitude for the past couple of years. Pick out the dangerous players from the opposition and hospitalise them.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Wigan scumbag - league on 11:30 - Oct 12 with 3949 viewsPunteR

Wigan scumbag - league on 11:01 - Oct 12 by Northernr

Rugby League is played entirely by thick northern lads from Castleford, Wakefield, Hull etc or imported Australians. Rich bully boys? WTF?

As for this incident, I'm surprised the Wigan coach Shaun Wane is getting away without more scrutiny. When Wigan appointed Michael Maguire (now South Sydney) and had Wane as his assistant there was immediately a notable change in their tactics designed to hurt opponents. Referees in Super League have, over the past three years, at different points, been told to look more closely at players putting pressure on joints in the ruck, diving in at the knee, chicken wing tackles, late hits on a kicker, shoulder charges etc and this is all stuff that was started by Maguire and Wane at Wigan and then picked up widely elsewhere.

Wane spoke all week about how there would be "blood" in this game, how much they hate each other, how it was going to be a war. Then suddenly, lo and behold, two minutes in, the only playmaker Saints have left (both halves and a loose forward out injured yesterday) gets absolutely nailed with a game ending injury. Course, Flower took it too far and got sent off, cost his team the game, but if you are going to pump aforementioned thick northern body builders up to that extent, that is going to happen. I've no doubt Wigan went after Ohaia deliberately because he was the only ball player St Helens had left.

That's been Wigan's attitude for the past couple of years. Pick out the dangerous players from the opposition and hospitalise them.

Don't like rugby, i just remember playing it at school and getting my head trampled on by rich big bully boys that cant play football. I lived in Richmond though.
There,that's my thoughts on rugby,league or union. I'll go now. Carry on.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Wigan scumbag - league on 11:56 - Oct 12 with 3904 viewsTacticalR

Wigan scumbag - league on 11:30 - Oct 12 by PunteR

Don't like rugby, i just remember playing it at school and getting my head trampled on by rich big bully boys that cant play football. I lived in Richmond though.
There,that's my thoughts on rugby,league or union. I'll go now. Carry on.

The class struggle is obviously more complicated than we thought.

Air hostess clique

Wigan scumbag - league on 15:12 - Oct 12 with 3754 viewsMrSheen

Wigan scumbag - league on 11:01 - Oct 12 by Northernr

I'd be curious to know why the law doesn't intervene in this kind of assault. There were examples a few years back of Union players being sent to prison for kicking or punching players on the pitch. I guess there has to be a complaint, which isn't going to happen with professionals given their omerta. But other types of assault can be prosecuted even if the victim won't complain.
Wigan scumbag - league on 16:07 - Oct 12 with 3698 viewsloftboy

Wigan scumbag - league on 15:12 - Oct 12 by MrSheen

I'd be curious to know why the law doesn't intervene in this kind of assault. There were examples a few years back of Union players being sent to prison for kicking or punching players on the pitch. I guess there has to be a complaint, which isn't going to happen with professionals given their omerta. But other types of assault can be prosecuted even if the victim won't complain.

Didn't Duncan Ferguson do time for assault on a football pitch?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan scumbag - league on 18:03 - Oct 12 with 3598 viewsMrSheen

Wigan scumbag - league on 16:07 - Oct 12 by loftboy

Didn't Duncan Ferguson do time for assault on a football pitch?

That's right, and the player he head butted didn't want anything to do with the prosecution. His brother played for Celtic and he knew it could be trouble for him. What happened yesterday was much worse, but Ferguson had previous.
Wigan scumbag - league on 19:31 - Oct 12 with 3502 viewskensalriser

I'm quite content that public money and resources aren't being spent on rugby pitch assaults.

Saw that an eight game ban is being mooted for Flower. Crazy when you consider this was much worse than Barton's meltdown. Guy should be banned for the equivalent of a season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wigan scumbag - league on 21:15 - Oct 12 with 3412 viewsNortholt_Rs

Wigan scumbag - league on 18:03 - Oct 12 by MrSheen

That's right, and the player he head butted didn't want anything to do with the prosecution. His brother played for Celtic and he knew it could be trouble for him. What happened yesterday was much worse, but Ferguson had previous.

....and he was a football player...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Wigan scumbag - league on 22:22 - Oct 12 with 3343 viewsMoonshineSteve

Rugby league ... sport ... tee hee hee.

British Bulldog with a ball for meatheads. Strength & speed in place of skill.

Come on Northern, let's be having you.

<tee hee hee - can hear him boiling>

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Wigan scumbag - league on 01:05 - Oct 13 with 3282 viewsBluce_Ree

There's a St Helens player who I hate for personal reasons and so I'm gutted they won. Luckily he's crocked. C**t.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Wigan scumbag - league on 01:45 - Oct 13 with 3266 viewsNorthernr

Wigan scumbag - league on 22:22 - Oct 12 by MoonshineSteve

Rugby league ... sport ... tee hee hee.

British Bulldog with a ball for meatheads. Strength & speed in place of skill.

Come on Northern, let's be having you.

<tee hee hee - can hear him boiling>

I watch Hull FC, and if you watch them then I make you right.

Teams with decent 1, 6, 7 and 13 make it a tremendous spectacle when they play against another team with a decent 1,6, 7 and 13. If they play against the rest, they blow them out 60 points, and it's dull. If the rest play the rest, it's as you say.

It's sadly neglected in this country. It could be great, given the investment rugby union gets, which is a vastly inferior spectator sport IMO.
Wigan scumbag - league on 02:50 - Oct 13 with 3252 viewsSydneyRs

Wigan scumbag - league on 01:45 - Oct 13 by Northernr

I watch Hull FC, and if you watch them then I make you right.

Teams with decent 1, 6, 7 and 13 make it a tremendous spectacle when they play against another team with a decent 1,6, 7 and 13. If they play against the rest, they blow them out 60 points, and it's dull. If the rest play the rest, it's as you say.

It's sadly neglected in this country. It could be great, given the investment rugby union gets, which is a vastly inferior spectator sport IMO.

I have grown to appreciate rugby league much more while living in Oz. I get to quite a few South Sydney games, including all the finals series games. Last week's grand final was a superb experience with the team ending a 43 year drought in front of huge support.

Souths are excellently coached by Maguire and a very strong physical side with the UK made Burgess brothers leading the forward pack. They hit very hard in defence but mostly legally. All the thuggery in last week's final came from Souths opponents Canterbury, in particular the forward Graham, also English. Maguire has gradually ironed out the mistakes that used to blight Souths and also their tendency to rely too much on the forwards with no plan B, they got found out in last year's finals. The result is a very fine team with both power and flair when needed. Nobody could live with them in the finals once they clicked into gear.

The refs do need to toughen up on some of it. Too much is let go because of the game's desire to be seen as tough. You virtually have to attempt murder to get sent off. More sin binning etc would soon get rid of a lot of the cheap shot type stuff as it would cost teams too much.

As for landing a punch on a guy who is spark out on the floor. No excuse whatsoever.
Wigan scumbag - league on 07:40 - Oct 13 with 3213 viewskingsburyR

Getting back to the main talking point how has that guy not been arrested for assault?

The original punch I can forgive as heat of the moment stuff but to straddle your victim who is defenseless and smash him in the face for a second time seconds later is a calculated attack.

The police should be dealing with this!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024