Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TF Tweets 13:04 - Oct 26 with 8311 views08olesen

Just tweeted

A good leader knows when to go . time for me to leave at caterham f1 .love qpr and AirAsia but there will come a time .and staff and fans dictate that 2014-10-26

People are destroying him on twitter, i really wish they would think before hand. If he goes anytime soon we will be in the screwed for a long time.

I can see why he would quit though, as Alan Sugar said, you get no credit at all for being a chairman and then get destroyed whenever anything goes wrong. He put the money in and gets nothing in return a part from abuse. Its not his fault the football is poor! but people still have a go! I think many have forgotten how bad it was under flavio, all he has done is backed the manager each time. Its not his fault we signed Bosingwa or Park and most of us on here thought they were great signings when they happened.

I personally think we have one of the best chairman around and if we beat AV on Monday then things will look a lot better.

Poll: Who will the other play off

TF Tweets on 13:22 - Oct 26 with 5573 viewsOakR

Why will we be screwed if he leaves anytime soon?

Poll: Will we stay up?

TF Tweets on 14:26 - Oct 26 with 5363 viewswood_hoop

'I can see why he would quit though, as Alan Sugar said, you get no credit at all for being a chairman and then get destroyed whenever anything goes wrong. He put the money in and gets nothing in return a part from abuse. Its not his fault the football is poor! but people still have a go! I think many have forgotten how bad it was under flavio, all he has done is backed the manager each time. Its not his fault we signed Bosingwa or Park and most of us on here thought they were great signings when they happened. '

No the Chairman and shareholders get the profits from any wheeler dealing that comes there way once the ground is sold and we have a nice new shiny rented new one, I am sure that helps ease the pain when some of us don't prostrate ourselves at his feet for being ungrateful that we are close to £200 million in debt, bottom of the league and manager who is as useful as a dose of clap in a whorehouse.

A win against AV will do nothing to convince me that HR or for that matter TF have an inkling as to just how we are going to get out of the mess we are in, can only imagine the OP being one of a supreme optomist, nothing personal of course....
TF Tweets on 14:41 - Oct 26 with 5300 viewsDejR_vu

'He put the money in and gets nothing in return'.

If it's his money why all the speculation about the FFP fines etc.? Why all the debt? He and the other shareholders may have put money in to the club but the existence of debt suggests it hasn't been gifted. Hence we are in such a precarious position should he decide to quit and want the money back. Caterham should serve as a huge warning as to what can happen when he loses interest.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

TF Tweets on 15:27 - Oct 26 with 5166 viewsLblock

Why do you think he one of the best Chairman around? Explain in short and concise statements that a pigshit thick idiot like me can understand.

Do bear in mind it will have to balance out the catalogue of disasters and simply saying he's better than Flabio/Dwarf/The Waiter wont wash it!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

TF Tweets on 15:38 - Oct 26 with 5131 viewsPunteR

TF has done absolutely zero so far in terms of building our club. Ok he's got the check book out to sign players,but we are in a worse state then when he first bought us.
Still work in progress i suppose.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

TF Tweets on 16:03 - Oct 26 with 5044 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He is the cause and the victim of the corporate invasion of football.

I'm sure the man is a thouroughly nice chap on a personal level but he has vastly overspent at QPR, mostly to indirectly advertise AirAsia globally through the medium of the premiership.

He is using one hand (QPR) to wash the other (AirAsia) and in the mean time we get fvcked with slap dash decisions made by people who don't have QPR's best interests at heart. Mostly agents, Beard, some players, and Redknapp.

I'm sure he as an affection for us, but that's it. The rest is business.
TF Tweets on 16:18 - Oct 26 with 4990 viewsBklynRanger

It seems that every 6 months or so he comes out with this "I won't be around for ever you know" thing.

Either he's the reincarnation of every granny in the world or he feels the need to remind us of how lucky we all are these days. Personally I felt luckier in the days of Bill Power.
TF Tweets on 16:20 - Oct 26 with 4982 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

TF Tweets on 16:18 - Oct 26 by BklynRanger

It seems that every 6 months or so he comes out with this "I won't be around for ever you know" thing.

Either he's the reincarnation of every granny in the world or he feels the need to remind us of how lucky we all are these days. Personally I felt luckier in the days of Bill Power.

Remember Briatore outside LR doing the same thing on four year plan?
Login to get fewer ads

TF Tweets on 16:22 - Oct 26 with 4974 viewsBklynRanger

TF Tweets on 16:20 - Oct 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Remember Briatore outside LR doing the same thing on four year plan?

Yeah. Obviously Flavio is and was an odious kunt but it sort of comes across as the same thing.
TF Tweets on 16:34 - Oct 26 with 4931 viewsQPR_ARG

Several have noted before me how running a football club is not the same as running a company in another area.

Tony got a lot of things right off the pitch, and helped increase the good-feel factor in his early days.

Gave us stability financially and came across as a genuinely good guy.

But he got the most important part wrong. The football.

Every single key decision he took, turned out to be wrong.

Sacking Warnock so early.

Appointing Hughes didn't look like a stupid thing to do, but once he allowed him to sign all those big names and has-beens, things turned sour and then, he kept Hughes on board for far too long.

Got interviewed AGAIN by a manager and appointed the high-profile option of Redknapp.

Should have shown him the door right after we got relegated, but trusted him (some here will disagree with me and say Harry is great and all that, but I'm sticking to my opinion). Keeping Redknapp at that time had nothing about long-term.

Now he's making the same mistake he made with Hughes and he's keeping Harry for far too long. Mourinho doesn't win all he wins because of stability. He wins it because he's bloody good.

And the main difference between running a football club or a company in another area is that you have to get the results right on the pitch. Not just the results at the end of the year with the balance and all that. If you get the first one right, you made it.

If you don't, then all of the rest won't matter.

You have got to win football games. That's what you need in order for all the other aspects (team chemistry, relationship with the media, overall level of happiness among fans, respect from other clubs/fans) to improve and make your life easier.
TF Tweets on 16:44 - Oct 26 with 4900 viewsHollowayRanger

MY GUESS Is that if/when the new stadium dream dies so will tonys interest in QPR

cant help either watching wet spam a club with were pretty much on a par with during the 80's now about to move into a 60000 stadium for next to nowt

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

TF Tweets on 16:45 - Oct 26 with 4896 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

TF Tweets on 16:34 - Oct 26 by QPR_ARG

Several have noted before me how running a football club is not the same as running a company in another area.

Tony got a lot of things right off the pitch, and helped increase the good-feel factor in his early days.

Gave us stability financially and came across as a genuinely good guy.

But he got the most important part wrong. The football.

Every single key decision he took, turned out to be wrong.

Sacking Warnock so early.

Appointing Hughes didn't look like a stupid thing to do, but once he allowed him to sign all those big names and has-beens, things turned sour and then, he kept Hughes on board for far too long.

Got interviewed AGAIN by a manager and appointed the high-profile option of Redknapp.

Should have shown him the door right after we got relegated, but trusted him (some here will disagree with me and say Harry is great and all that, but I'm sticking to my opinion). Keeping Redknapp at that time had nothing about long-term.

Now he's making the same mistake he made with Hughes and he's keeping Harry for far too long. Mourinho doesn't win all he wins because of stability. He wins it because he's bloody good.

And the main difference between running a football club or a company in another area is that you have to get the results right on the pitch. Not just the results at the end of the year with the balance and all that. If you get the first one right, you made it.

If you don't, then all of the rest won't matter.

You have got to win football games. That's what you need in order for all the other aspects (team chemistry, relationship with the media, overall level of happiness among fans, respect from other clubs/fans) to improve and make your life easier.

The feel good factor was mostly down to the 'anyone is better than flavio' attitude.
TF Tweets on 16:57 - Oct 26 with 4837 viewsvblockranger

It is entirely his fault we signed Park, Cesar and Boswinga. Signed on TF's recommendation to increase profile of the "brand". Phil Beard is TF's fault too. Good Chairman are the ones who do the right business quietly in the background and not in the media or on twitter looking to increase profile and acting like a drama queen everytime he gets some criticism. Tonly loves too be loved and if you dont tell him you love him he might go and take his money with him. Quick go tell him you love him.
TF Tweets on 17:08 - Oct 26 with 4793 viewsoddball

ta ta then.
TF Tweets on 17:11 - Oct 26 with 4782 viewsDejR_vu

TF has us by the short and curlies. We're a laughing stock but if he decides to bail out we could be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. We are a small club with no divine right to be in the Premiership. There are many bigger clubs than us in a worse position (Leeds / Birmingham). So, as much as it pains me to say it, we're in far too deep to risk the alternative. The best we can hope is that he finally gets it, understands that we are a small club, and stops trying to run QPR like we're a big club that everyone wants to be at. Read up on the history of the club and learn fast.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

TF Tweets on 17:46 - Oct 26 with 4684 viewsFredManRave

A good leader knows when to shut the fcuk up, stop tweeting like an insecure 6 year old and get on with the job in hand.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

TF Tweets on 18:05 - Oct 26 with 4601 viewsLowerloftLad

No it's i have clearly made all the same mistakes and I'm going to start with suttle excuses to Blaim everybody else

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

TF Tweets on 18:11 - Oct 26 with 4558 viewsSpiritofGregory

Not sure why Sugar is being compared to Fernandes, Spurs weren't in debt when Sugar left. We are £170m in debt.
TF Tweets on 18:19 - Oct 26 with 4520 viewsbosh67

I really like tony but the first part of that tweet doesn't really add up. He has been protesting that he sold Caterham months ago and now he is bowing out having rubbished claims earlier this week that he never gave over the controlling shares. This rather backs up the claims of the consortium that thought they had bought Caterham.

I also think he can communicate with the fans without social media. He roams about at QPR meeting fans and that is where he should be, being a man of the fans, rather than slave to a social media platform and the abuse that brings.

Inevitably I think Tony can be a winner here but only if he takes full control and actually thinks about getting the basic product right on the pitch and how to achieve that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

TF Tweets on 18:19 - Oct 26 with 4517 viewswood_hoop

TF Tweets on 17:46 - Oct 26 by FredManRave

A good leader knows when to shut the fcuk up, stop tweeting like an insecure 6 year old and get on with the job in hand.

TF is perfect for modern day football , Sky TV could have been created just for him, like so many under thirty,football was only invented when Sky crawled out of the Murdoch's sewers, a perfect vehicle for the 'naive' millionaire to have a massive dent put in their finances and reputations, and the English Prem built on such hyperbole that even the TF's of this world fall rapidly into the trap.

As QPR is really just an 'investment' to TF, it took us a little while to see this, cannot believe anything that comes out of his mouth, pure 'crocodile tears' whenever he 'tweets' or gives the media an insight to how we are 'all together' the insipid shi* he utters is now becoming a bore, I really don't know where our club would end if he did leave tomorrow, the finances of the club are mired as usual in spin & bollox.
TF Tweets on 18:44 - Oct 26 with 4443 viewsSpiritofGregory

Fernandes needs to swallow his pride and step down as chairman, doesn't mean that he has to leave the club. If he does decide to leave, he'll have to take one hell of a loss for his shares because of his share of the debt, the clubs position in the Premier League, a manager who'll need replacing, possible FFP fine and a team that needs investment.
TF Tweets on 18:53 - Oct 26 with 4392 viewsSpiritofGregory

Everyone treats Tony as the owner, he is a shareholder.
TF Tweets on 19:02 - Oct 26 with 4367 viewsichbinnaughty

OH SHUT UP everyone.
In the generation that I have been following the RRRRs, when the game has really become ALL about the money and far far less about the coaching, the scouting, the youth system etc, we, as a club, have yearned for someone with wealth to take an interest in our club and be willing to give us a go.

Now we've got that and people just can't help themselves get the knives out.

P155 poor form that is.

YES mistakes are made, yes hindsight makes everyone armchair experts, but our club is a long slow project to overhaul.

Personally I will mourn the day that Big Tone & the other Malaysian owner, Amit, and Lakshmi Mittal ever decide to move on.

I'm pretty disgusted at the lack of recognition and gratitude.
TF Tweets on 19:06 - Oct 26 with 4355 viewsBrightonhoop

Yep. Love Tony to bits but give it a rest on the self pitying bull. Your 'loyalty' to Hughes relegated last time,and the same loyalty to HR will take us down this time too, if it has not already. Stop the rot and sack the clunge.
For recent history see the Shittu thread. We played in the lower divisions with no money, but fck did we play. Man mountains one and all, no hiders and no shirkers, lightweights or excuses back in them recent days.
Sort it out TF please.
TF Tweets on 19:41 - Oct 26 with 4261 views08olesen

TF Tweets on 19:02 - Oct 26 by ichbinnaughty

OH SHUT UP everyone.
In the generation that I have been following the RRRRs, when the game has really become ALL about the money and far far less about the coaching, the scouting, the youth system etc, we, as a club, have yearned for someone with wealth to take an interest in our club and be willing to give us a go.

Now we've got that and people just can't help themselves get the knives out.

P155 poor form that is.

YES mistakes are made, yes hindsight makes everyone armchair experts, but our club is a long slow project to overhaul.

Personally I will mourn the day that Big Tone & the other Malaysian owner, Amit, and Lakshmi Mittal ever decide to move on.

I'm pretty disgusted at the lack of recognition and gratitude.

+1

Poll: Who will the other play off

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024