Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? 11:16 - Oct 28 with 6151 viewsHooparoo

I just think it's not a coincidence that we are starting to play with pace and movement now that Hoddle has settled in and Harry has had some kind of warning from TF.

Seeing some patterns of play that we have never seen under Harry with young players like Yun finally getting a crack at the first team. Has to be Glenda's influence growing surely?

Whatever it is - I like it!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:17 - Oct 28 with 3910 viewsdanehoop

Rio aside, the changes largely to have been enforced by injury. Its working though.

Never knowingly understood

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:18 - Oct 28 with 3905 viewsHooparoo

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:17 - Oct 28 by danehoop

Rio aside, the changes largely to have been enforced by injury. Its working though.

We certainly look more solid without Rio.

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:32 - Oct 28 with 3851 viewsdaveB

When we were playing terribly was that also down to Hoddle or is he only mentioned when we win?
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:35 - Oct 28 with 3834 viewsHooparoo

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:32 - Oct 28 by daveB

When we were playing terribly was that also down to Hoddle or is he only mentioned when we win?

You have to admit that the last 3 weeks are a vast improvement. Why?

I think it's Hoddle. We have never played that well under Harry.

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:47 - Oct 28 with 3798 viewsessextaxiboy

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:35 - Oct 28 by Hooparoo

We missed a penalty and scored two own goals without which we would have been unbeaten at home .

We have lost heavily to Spurs away( a freak early season result IMO) and Man Utd away in the only game where they had all of their 150mil on the pitch .

We were ok at Southampton , poor at West Ham , both are bang in form , in the top six and West Ham just beat the champions .

The table doesnt lie FACT , but its not been the disaster that some describe . ...IMO
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:50 - Oct 28 with 3782 viewsBrightonhoop

Far more likely to be the influence of Sir Les.
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:51 - Oct 28 with 3771 viewsCammington

Ugh, here we go again.

I'm no fan of Harry, in fact I pretty much despise him. But you can't go around blaming Harry for defeats and praising Hoddle for the wins. It was a good result last night but we still give the ball away far too cheaply and a better team than a dour Villa side on a terrible run may well have punished us for it.
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:52 - Oct 28 with 3760 viewspaulparker

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:47 - Oct 28 by essextaxiboy

We missed a penalty and scored two own goals without which we would have been unbeaten at home .

We have lost heavily to Spurs away( a freak early season result IMO) and Man Utd away in the only game where they had all of their 150mil on the pitch .

We were ok at Southampton , poor at West Ham , both are bang in form , in the top six and West Ham just beat the champions .

The table doesnt lie FACT , but its not been the disaster that some describe . ...IMO

Sorry Essex, losing at spurs was not a freak result, we were sh*t and made them look like Brazil circa 1970 , with HR waving like a clown not knowing who he was waiving to (yeah right)
Man Utd you could argue had a boost with the new signings but again we laid down and Man Utd still had 150 million pounds worth of players when Leicester done them a week later

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:01 - Oct 28 with 3710 viewsessextaxiboy

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:52 - Oct 28 by paulparker

Sorry Essex, losing at spurs was not a freak result, we were sh*t and made them look like Brazil circa 1970 , with HR waving like a clown not knowing who he was waiving to (yeah right)
Man Utd you could argue had a boost with the new signings but again we laid down and Man Utd still had 150 million pounds worth of players when Leicester done them a week later

I was there against Spurs , I saw him wave without looking up . We were so close to the Spurs fans who were calling him we could have shook hands .
You can choose not believe what he said .. but thats it .you are choosing to do so because it suits . What I saw backs him up .

Leicester Man Utd ...freak result . play it again tomorrow and put your house on Leicester ?

Spurs first home game of the season , and early goal then Phillips misses a sitter . IMO if that goes in its a tight London Derby that we may well lose but not by 4 .
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:10 - Oct 28 with 3672 viewspaulparker

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:01 - Oct 28 by essextaxiboy

I was there against Spurs , I saw him wave without looking up . We were so close to the Spurs fans who were calling him we could have shook hands .
You can choose not believe what he said .. but thats it .you are choosing to do so because it suits . What I saw backs him up .

Leicester Man Utd ...freak result . play it again tomorrow and put your house on Leicester ?

Spurs first home game of the season , and early goal then Phillips misses a sitter . IMO if that goes in its a tight London Derby that we may well lose but not by 4 .

C'mon Essex have a word,
if Phillips would have scored we still would have lost, 2 shots on target against Spurs (who btw are bang average ) is shocking
the point about Arry waiving was his Bulls*it after the game who was he kidding ?
yes Leicester may have been a freak result but you get your rewards by having a go at teams like they did, we didn't and laid down like a cheap hooker and got what we deserved ,
im over joyed at the win last night , but you cannot just gloss over the dross we have been served up as a Freak results
HR has proved fcuk all yet lets see how we approach the Chelsea game

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:13 - Oct 28 with 3653 viewsdaveB

I feel we hit rock bottom at West Ham and Redknapp was told to buck up his ideas or he'll get the boot and he has gone back to basics, given the team a focal point in Zamora for an hour rather than the last 30 mins and we look a lot better for it. I'm not sure it's going to work long term but i'd be amazed if Hoddle was the man who changed us to play long balls to Zamora
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:14 - Oct 28 with 3646 viewsPinnerPaul

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:10 - Oct 28 by paulparker

C'mon Essex have a word,
if Phillips would have scored we still would have lost, 2 shots on target against Spurs (who btw are bang average ) is shocking
the point about Arry waiving was his Bulls*it after the game who was he kidding ?
yes Leicester may have been a freak result but you get your rewards by having a go at teams like they did, we didn't and laid down like a cheap hooker and got what we deserved ,
im over joyed at the win last night , but you cannot just gloss over the dross we have been served up as a Freak results

Yes but as Dave says where is the evidence for blaming the poor performances on Harry but giving all the credit for improvement to Glenn Hoddle all of a sudden?
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:14 - Oct 28 with 3646 viewsTHEBUSH

For me the point is, Redknapp made the call to bring Hoddle in.
If Hoddle's influence is finally bringing in some positive aspects to our play, Redknapp must get the credit for that !!
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:16 - Oct 28 with 3635 viewsessextaxiboy

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:10 - Oct 28 by paulparker

C'mon Essex have a word,

How would you approach it ?
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:21 - Oct 28 with 3619 viewsjohncharles

I think Hoddle has had more influence since the West Ham game where Harry sat on his arse as the team sleepwalked to defeat. Fernandes and maybe some others in the boardroom were angry. Since then the difference has been organisation. The team looks like it's playing to a plan. Players play better when know what to do and when to do it. Harry never showed any understanding of the word plan. Someone else is obviously involved.

Strong and stable my arse.

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:30 - Oct 28 with 3599 viewspaulparker

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:16 - Oct 28 by essextaxiboy

How would you approach it ?

not by laying down arms like we did at Spurs , West Ham & Utd
im not expecting anything at Chelsea , all I want to see Essex is us rattling them
getting in their faces, play the same team if we can, if mutch or Barton is fit I would drop Fer
its a derby so let them know they have been in a game,
that's all I want to see

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:44 - Oct 28 with 3547 viewsDANRANGER

Surely they are all in it together. You would expect it to take time for Hoddle to have an influence and intially he was only monitoring training to get an understanding of what we are all about. It makes sense if the last couple of weeks he has had more involvement but I do agree with DaveB and the West Ham game was a wake up call.

I like Redknapp but just not as our Manager but someone has simplified the game for our players and that's exactly what was required. The team is starting to get a settled look about it and we now have a way of playing at home that could prove successful and they all should take credit.

Big challenge now is to do it away from home and even though we may lose on Saturday we need to show improvement on previous away games. It's taken a while but the last 2 games have shown us to be capable of competing and whether it's Glenda or Harry or Bondy or the tea lady its QPR that matters.
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:11 - Oct 28 with 3452 viewsQPR1882

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:50 - Oct 28 by Brightonhoop

Far more likely to be the influence of Sir Les.

/ this
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:13 - Oct 28 with 3439 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:47 - Oct 28 by essextaxiboy

I agree with Dave that Hoddle can't be added to the equation just because we got a result and a half-decent performance.

Having said that, Essex, your reading of our season prior to last night raises a smile. Charitable, to say the very least.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:17 - Oct 28 with 3430 viewsA40Bosh

Let's enjoy this week whilst it lasts.

Let's face it, any points at all over the next two games will be a bonus, so it is important not to get too up after last night and then too down if we get beaten by Chelsea and Citeh - I think the important thing over the next two matches is that our performance levels continue upwards and we do not have a repeat of the ManU and Spuds away results.

After that and before Everton away on 13th Dec will be when we can be judged on where we really are. If we ARE improving, finally, then we should aim to be clear of the bottom 3 before the Everton game so that we don't go in to the Xmas fixture list with the negativity that comes with being at the bottom at the end of the year.

I am not "happy" per se with either the result or the performance last night, let's face it, it was the minimum we demanded following the loss to Liverpool. Therefore I am "pleased" that the improvement appears to not have been a flash in the pan.

Need the passing in the early parts of the game to be more consistent, I was furious at Fer for the first 20mins then number of shoddy passes he gave straight to Villa. It will be interesting to see if Dunne is kept in the side and if he can boss Drogba like he did Balotelli and Benteke.

Consistency for me is the key word for November and Dec.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:21 - Oct 28 with 3410 viewsrsonist

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:24 - Oct 28 with 3392 viewsessextaxiboy

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:13 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree with Dave that Hoddle can't be added to the equation just because we got a result and a half-decent performance.

Having said that, Essex, your reading of our season prior to last night raises a smile. Charitable, to say the very least.

The assessment of the home games are factual .

The away games granted are opinion based . I think if I post the same thing at the end of the season I think that hindsight will back them up .
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:31 - Oct 28 with 3358 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:24 - Oct 28 by essextaxiboy

The away games granted are opinion based . I think if I post the same thing at the end of the season I think that hindsight will back them up .

Stop it. My face hurts.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:43 - Oct 28 with 3298 viewsHunterhoop

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:24 - Oct 28 by essextaxiboy

An individual's "assessment" cannot be factual. It's not possible. It's an oxymoron.

Your assessment is your subjective analysis, which drives your opinion, to which you are perfectly entitled. It is not, however, "factual".

To help you with some examples:

Saying we lost 4-0 to Spurs is a "fact". Saying it was a "freak" result is your opinion. And one that doesn't seem to be backed up by evidence when we lost the following away game 4-0 too.

Saying we missed a penalty against Hull is a "fact". Saying we "played well" or "deserved something" is your opinion.

We went through this a few years back with "gazza" posting "FACTS" left, right and centre, when they were merely his opinion.
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:54 - Oct 28 with 3246 viewsrobith

Much as I intensely dislike Redknapp, we can't slate him when it goes wrong and give him no praise when it goes well.

He deserved all the criticism he got for our early season games, he deserves the credit for turning it around rather than attributing it to a totally unknown and speculative source
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024