Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vargas and Isla 16:59 - Nov 22 with 3987 views08olesen

Missed them greatly today. I thought Nedem had a poor game as did most of the team. Why he didnt bring on Phillips and Hoilet earlier, i do not know. They have a very average defense and we didnt ask them any questions at all. That was winnable today, we were just very sloppy in possession and didnt look at it.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Vargas and Isla on 17:03 - Nov 22 with 3951 viewsA40Bosh

Shouldn't play Ned at Right Back. His defending is sound enough, but I am pretty sure their first was as a result of him giving another sloppy pass away when he gets stuck up the field tight to the line. Does not suit him to have to progress up the wing. Gets forwards, checks, cant find a quick pass and then quite often gives it away.

No point getting too critical about the performance and all doom and gloom, we ran them close and they have now won 6 on the bounce.

Onwards and upwards starting with our home game with Leicester next Saturday.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Vargas and Isla on 17:09 - Nov 22 with 3886 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Vargas and Isla on 17:03 - Nov 22 by A40Bosh

Shouldn't play Ned at Right Back. His defending is sound enough, but I am pretty sure their first was as a result of him giving another sloppy pass away when he gets stuck up the field tight to the line. Does not suit him to have to progress up the wing. Gets forwards, checks, cant find a quick pass and then quite often gives it away.

No point getting too critical about the performance and all doom and gloom, we ran them close and they have now won 6 on the bounce.

Yes, it was a hopeful little chip that went astray. He just needs to stick to the Dunne school of defending: kick it out or kick it long.

It's got to be Yarg

Vargas and Isla on 17:30 - Nov 22 with 3771 viewsWilloW4

Phillips and Holliet Bring them on earlier!? Oh dear!? You say that was a winnable game? What does that actually mean? It's 11 v 11, so let's have a go!!! Or does it mean the opposition aren't in the top six so we just scrape something out of it... Bonus game anyone??
Vargas and Isla on 17:32 - Nov 22 with 3749 viewsLoft1979

Vargas and Isla on 17:03 - Nov 22 by A40Bosh

Thanks for the post. Good to be reminded how much these two mean to this team
Vargas and Isla on 17:35 - Nov 22 with 3727 viewsvegasranger

The Chief was very poor. Gave away the ball that set up the goal. I wouldn't bring Phillips unless we've given up.
Vargas and Isla on 19:59 - Nov 22 with 3520 viewsSteveB

We were utter gash, to be frank....

If ever there was a side there for beating away from home it was Newcastle today. However, it was never on really was it? We missed the Chile boys so badly - we had no pace, very little drive going forward and frankly, no ambition to score goals.

Joey back on set piece duty, undermined what I thought was a good game for him.

Ned was poor at full back, mind he was probably better than his left sided team-mate, Yun, who had probably his least effective game for us, I for one will forgive Yun for that though. Still learning (add your own cliche') and all that.

Midfield was our undoing, Fer is so bloody frustrating, does the hard things with ease but then mis-places a 2 yard pass or more annoyingly, turns into trouble. Sandro, well, lovely chap he probably is, but is made of Plasticine and seems about 3 minutes behind everyone else.

Charlie didn't really have a sniff, Geordies did a good number on him, although he was hampered by Zamora today, who's sole ambition was to pee off the ref with his persistent WWE style approach to just about everything.

Shame that the International break came when it did, it's undone so much of the good work that had us going in the right direction potentially.

Oh, nearly forgot - Richard Dunne, wish he was 5 years younger. The man is an inspiration and never gives an inch. We'll miss him next match for sure.

Last bit, well done you travelling R's fans, proud of you all.
Vargas and Isla on 21:32 - Nov 22 with 3422 viewsbaz_qpr

thought the line up was just made for narrow loss, don't know why Redknapp went so negative 3 centre halves and 4 central midfielders, no pace, no creativity
Vargas and Isla on 11:09 - Nov 23 with 3210 viewsPhilmyRs

Said it on another thread but these two are some of the only players we have that can receive the ball in tight areas and not panic, they have decent technical abilities. Vargas especially is a player we can't replace, he's quick, dangerous with the ball and will score goals. Without him our team looks considerably poorer for it. I've always thought Zamora is half the player for us away from home, he doesn't get away with as much bullying of defenders and our general player is not so positive so he's often not the focal point and passes he does receive are often ones played into space or ask him to run the channels more.

I'd look to see how we can approach games away from home without Zamora. Austin up front with Vargas and another playing off him with Barton, Henry and Fer/Niko may be the way to go.
Login to get fewer ads

Vargas and Isla on 11:10 - Nov 23 with 3205 viewsLoft1979

Vargas and Isla on 11:09 - Nov 23 by PhilmyRs

Said it on another thread but these two are some of the only players we have that can receive the ball in tight areas and not panic, they have decent technical abilities. Vargas especially is a player we can't replace, he's quick, dangerous with the ball and will score goals. Without him our team looks considerably poorer for it. I've always thought Zamora is half the player for us away from home, he doesn't get away with as much bullying of defenders and our general player is not so positive so he's often not the focal point and passes he does receive are often ones played into space or ask him to run the channels more.

I'd look to see how we can approach games away from home without Zamora. Austin up front with Vargas and another playing off him with Barton, Henry and Fer/Niko may be the way to go.

Three Football League players QPR could sign in January
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/11/22/three-football-league-players-qpr-coul

Chiming on the comments: HR could have at least play Isla to add width AND PACE on the right, could have used Phillips as well especially at the usual 60 minute mark. I like HR, but i loathe some of his putrid excuses. Adding Phillips/Isla could have refreshed the game and taken pressure off the defense.
-Jordan also is a potential candidate to push out Fer, adding pace and tackling at that position.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 11:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024