Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage 22:57 - Dec 12 with 7739 viewsLythamR

QPR1st believes QPR should pay all its staff the Living Wage.

While some staff are on massive wages, the club has been silent when asked its attitude to paying all staff at least the Living Wage — £9.15 an hour.

The issue has come to the fore this week with a protest outside the Premier League, calling on clubs to pay the Living Wage, and the announcement by the first London club that all directly employed and those employed by external contractors will receive at least the Living Wage.

QPR1st believes the club should make an announcement supporting the Living Wage for three reasons:

1 It is the right thing to do

2 It will show the club is genuinely interested in the local community

3 London Mayor Boris Johnson is a strong supporter of the Living Wage and has asked all Premier League clubs to pay it. A Mayoral Development Corporation is likely to take over all planning decisions for the Old Oak regeneration area from April. If the club expects him to approve their plans for the new stadium, they should respond to his views of what a football club should be doing to support the community.

QPR1st believes it is the right thing to do. While some employees are on huge wages, others, essential to the running of a club and its events should have a wage they can live on.

QPR1st regrets the fact that it is Chelsea and not QPR that is winning praise for adopting the Living Wage.

Boris Johnson said Chelsea were “setting the right example” with the move. He said: “They realise their team is more than just the 11 men out on the pitch, and that by putting more pounds in the pockets of their staff they are signing up to a win-win scenario that rewards a hard day’s work with a fair day’s pay for everyone.”

Sadly, according to a BBC report, no-one from QPR was able to comment on the club’s view on the Living Wage. We believe the club should commit itself to paying it to staff and to ensuring future contracts with external contractors providing a service guarantee a Living Wage to staff involved.

The wage, set by the Living Wage Foundation, is based on the amount needed to cover basic living. The higher living wage levels compare to the minimum wage of £6.50 an hour.

A supporter has created an online petition which we encourage our members and all qpr supporters to sign

https://www.change.org/p/queens-park-rangers-fc-pay-the-living-wage-to-all-emplo
Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 23:04 - Dec 12 with 6160 viewsMatch82

There are some of our players who should be paid the living wage and not a penny more.
Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 23:26 - Dec 12 with 6129 viewsFredManRave

I think QPR should pay away fans the living wage of £9.15 an hour for every hour spent following the team away from home this season.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 23:28 - Dec 12 with 6111 viewsHollowayRanger

swp could pay for everyone at the club earning less then the living wage

and still be earning more then he deserves

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 23:40 - Dec 12 with 6107 viewsCiderwithRsie

Joking aside, QPR1st are right on this.
Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 00:00 - Dec 13 with 6077 viewsted_hendrix

I haven't seen the figures for a while so I may be a bit askew but not that long ago the figures for the UK were something like one in five I believe were earning less than the living wage which of course is a bastard scandal.
I cant stand politicians talking about this issue because each and everyone of the shit houses talk shit in front of the microphone when being interviewed on the subject then walk off to the nearest bog to take a dump and then do nothing.

*Curses meself for posting on a political thread*

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 01:56 - Dec 13 with 6019 viewsbarabajagal

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 00:00 - Dec 13 by ted_hendrix

I haven't seen the figures for a while so I may be a bit askew but not that long ago the figures for the UK were something like one in five I believe were earning less than the living wage which of course is a bastard scandal.
I cant stand politicians talking about this issue because each and everyone of the shit houses talk shit in front of the microphone when being interviewed on the subject then walk off to the nearest bog to take a dump and then do nothing.

*Curses meself for posting on a political thread*

Some may lament the loss of trades unions... The real reason for wage inequality

QPR1st are spot on.
Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 07:56 - Dec 13 with 5949 viewsFDC

Well done QPR1st. I don't usually bother with petitions but ill sign this. Worth noting that even the living wage is not exactly enough to live comfortably in London, we're talking about enough to scrape by.
Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 08:25 - Dec 13 with 5923 viewslondonscottish

Can't argue with that. Signed.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 08:34 - Dec 13 with 5904 viewsDejR_vu

Absolutely they should.

Whilst on the subject, and perhaps this should be on a different thread, I've thought for a long time that it would be decent if the club established a charitable fund for the benfit of staff and ex-employees, and encouraged those within the club who can afford it to make a small donation of say 1% of their earnings. Those that could afford it wouldn't even notice it, but it would add up to a huge sum and could do a lot of good.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 08:58 - Dec 13 with 5879 viewsDylanP

Yes. No brainer, no question about it. When you have players on 50K, 60K, 80K a week, there is no excuse not to set a minimum wage at the club at a level where people can scrape by. Come on QPR, its time to step up and make the pledge!

Signed (and I hate signing petitions).
[Post edited 13 Dec 2014 11:00]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 09:02 - Dec 13 with 5875 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Signed. Required no thought.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 09:09 - Dec 13 with 5867 viewsloftboy

It must be imaginabley hard for people who work and live in London who aren't skilled or have some high flying job in the city to get by, £9 in some northern despot and you would love like a king,sort it out Qpr, the club wouldn't function without the backroom staff.

Signed as well
[Post edited 13 Dec 2014 9:17]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 09:43 - Dec 13 with 5815 viewsW5R

Signed.
Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 09:49 - Dec 13 with 5807 viewssaxbend

I'm not standing for us being outdone by Chelsea. Signed!
Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 10:00 - Dec 13 with 5789 viewsShotKneesHoop

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 23:28 - Dec 12 by HollowayRanger

swp could pay for everyone at the club earning less then the living wage

and still be earning more then he deserves

Couldn't have said it better myself.

For once, Holloway, we are in total agreement!!

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 10:08 - Dec 13 with 5781 viewsMarc

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 10:00 - Dec 13 by ShotKneesHoop

Couldn't have said it better myself.

For once, Holloway, we are in total agreement!!

I'm hoping reason 3 isn't the main reason behind this push by QPR1st

Reeks of people being used as political pawns to get something the club wants.

Just it being 'the right thing to do' would have been reason enough.

Edit- apologies shot, didn't mean to quote you.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2014 10:09]
Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 10:29 - Dec 13 with 5749 viewsLythamR

The primary reason QPR1st are behind this is that it is the right thing to do
Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 11:03 - Dec 13 with 5706 viewsLythamR

"Reeks of people being used as political pawns to get something the club wants. "

Actually Marc I think it would be nice if you explained your thinking behind this comment or retracted it, as I am not keen on what you appear to be suggesting.
Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 11:14 - Dec 13 with 5691 viewsMarc

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 11:03 - Dec 13 by LythamR

"Reeks of people being used as political pawns to get something the club wants. "

Actually Marc I think it would be nice if you explained your thinking behind this comment or retracted it, as I am not keen on what you appear to be suggesting.

Certainly, reason 3 (looks to me) is suggesting the club goes through with something in order to curry favour with the mayor.

Like I said, 'the right thing to do' is reason enough and seeing as you're the spokesman for QPR1st I'll take you at your word that this is the main reason behind the push.
Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 12:21 - Dec 13 with 5635 viewsLythamR

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 11:14 - Dec 13 by Marc

Certainly, reason 3 (looks to me) is suggesting the club goes through with something in order to curry favour with the mayor.

Like I said, 'the right thing to do' is reason enough and seeing as you're the spokesman for QPR1st I'll take you at your word that this is the main reason behind the push.

Thanks Marc

We are pointing out to the club that it wouldnt do them any harm to fall in line. this is one of the 3 points we are making to the club, and as no 3 the least of the 3.

From the QPR1st perspective we state that we believe it is the right thing to do.

Commentating on a potential benefit of an action is not the same as being anybodies political pawn, It doesnt even generate a whiff never mind a reek
Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 13:19 - Dec 13 with 5582 viewskensalriser

Perhaps the players, led by man of the people Joey Barton, should take the lead here and say to the club, pay us less and pay the lowest paid more.

Each player could give up say three pounds per hour to another worker, a sum the player wouldn't notice at all but could make all the difference to the recipient.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 13:26 - Dec 13 with 5571 viewsSpiritofGregory

Something is seriously wrong when players like SWP get 50k a week, yet staff don't even get paid the living wage.
Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 14:08 - Dec 13 with 5538 viewsPommyhoop

I thought it was law that you had to be paid 'minimum wage'
whats all this 'living wage'
Damn and bluster .things have changed in the 8 years I last saw Blighty.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 17:39 - Dec 13 with 5470 viewsDeepcutHoop

Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 14:08 - Dec 13 by Pommyhoop

I thought it was law that you had to be paid 'minimum wage'
whats all this 'living wage'
Damn and bluster .things have changed in the 8 years I last saw Blighty.

Signed.

Hopefully the club will confirm that we're already doing this....
Should QPR pay staff at least the living wage on 17:55 - Dec 13 with 5454 viewsBasingstokeR

I wonder who works direct for the club who gets under £9.15/hour.

Chelsea's commitment as I read it; doesn't include anyone working for a "contractor" until an aspiratory date of 2017. So that's probably most of the staff who'd earn a 'lower' wage.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024