Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off 16:18 - Jan 16 with 16181 viewsMaggsinho

Interesting article by Dave McIntyre about tensions in the club, sounds like Redknapp will be leaving the club soon by this.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/stand-off-between-harry-and-les-
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:28 - Jan 16 with 7748 viewspaulparker

The shocking thing there is that HR gave the players 2 days off after that shambles of a defeat against Sheff Utd , perhaps there was a golf tournament at sandbanks that Monday /Tuesday
another theory I have here is that TF gave Les that role with the intention of just having a named ledged at the club to keep us fans happy
I don't think he expected Les to go into his role quite like he has , it seems to me Les has found an awful lot wrong and is trying to get things in place for the future
TF to me now has a choice, does he back Les or Arry

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:32 - Jan 16 with 7708 viewsstuabd

I did hear some things a year back or so when Les was working out here regularly for Abu Dhabi TV. A couple of the people that I know who played golf with him were Spurs fans and Les's opinion of Harry's time there and his managerial skills was far from complimentary.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:34 - Jan 16 with 7692 viewsBedford_R

That is a very interesting article or it could be complete bollox...

RMH_R Reborn

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:35 - Jan 16 with 7667 viewsrichranger

Dave Mac seems to know his stuff. He's not just another hack.

Bye bye Redknapp
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:36 - Jan 16 with 7655 viewsNorthernr

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:34 - Jan 16 by Bedford_R

You don't get a lot of bolox from Dave Mc Bedford.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:37 - Jan 16 with 7644 viewsPinnerPaul

That is certainly the feeling among some of the players, too. Some of them, despite what they might say on the record, dislike Redknapp but are aware that he is a popular figure among the media and much of the public, so keep their head down and their gripes mostly to themselves

Sooooooo, if they support him in public, keep their heads down AND keep gripes to themselves - how does Dave know they are unhappy?!

More speculation and guesswork I'm afraid.

BTW, IF Sherwood does arrive Hoddle will leave - they don't get on.

Hoddle, in pundit mode, criticised a Sherwod managed Tottenham performance and TS took exception to that.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:38 - Jan 16 with 7630 viewsFDC

Dave Mc has always had integrity, usually errs towards being conservative imo. I don't think he'd have published that if he didn't have a solid basis for it.

Interesting times. Apart from everything else it's nice to hear Lesley's heart's in it!
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:39 - Jan 16 with 7627 viewstraininvain

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:37 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

That is certainly the feeling among some of the players, too. Some of them, despite what they might say on the record, dislike Redknapp but are aware that he is a popular figure among the media and much of the public, so keep their head down and their gripes mostly to themselves

Sooooooo, if they support him in public, keep their heads down AND keep gripes to themselves - how does Dave know they are unhappy?!

Hoddle, in pundit mode, criticised a Sherwod managed Tottenham performance and TS took exception to that.

Maybe they told Dave Mac off the record.
Login to get fewer ads

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:39 - Jan 16 with 7627 viewsNorthernr

"How does Dave know they're unhappy"

Off the record chats? Sources that dave trusts.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you Pinner, but Dave Mc doesn't usually do speculation and guesswork. Finger right on the pulse.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:42 - Jan 16 with 7577 viewsPinnerPaul

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:39 - Jan 16 by Northernr

"How does Dave know they're unhappy"

Off the record chats? Sources that dave trusts.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you Pinner, but Dave Mc doesn't usually do speculation and guesswork. Finger right on the pulse.

Fair enough - will have to wait and see won't we.

Have had more than one "Harry off" story this week that have proved nonsense, this could be the one to buck the trend or not as the case may be!
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:44 - Jan 16 with 7555 viewsrosseeles

Most bookies seem to be following suit 4/5 to go from sky bet, 4/6 ladbrokes and 1/3 will hill
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:46 - Jan 16 with 7537 viewsdaveB

I've waffled on for months saying the club won't sack him but reading that looks like i was wrong, I think he'll be gone by Monday unless we pull a result out of the bag tomorrow.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:47 - Jan 16 with 7516 viewsMatch82

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:28 - Jan 16 by paulparker

The shocking thing there is that HR gave the players 2 days off after that shambles of a defeat against Sheff Utd , perhaps there was a golf tournament at sandbanks that Monday /Tuesday
another theory I have here is that TF gave Les that role with the intention of just having a named ledged at the club to keep us fans happy
I don't think he expected Les to go into his role quite like he has , it seems to me Les has found an awful lot wrong and is trying to get things in place for the future
TF to me now has a choice, does he back Les or Arry

" it seems to me Les has found an awful lot wrong and is trying to get things in place for the future "

I take this as a positive, assuming the result to your last question is "Les"
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:47 - Jan 16 with 7515 viewsPinnerPaul

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:44 - Jan 16 by rosseeles

Most bookies seem to be following suit 4/5 to go from sky bet, 4/6 ladbrokes and 1/3 will hill

Indeed

Paddy Power now 10/11 (From 5/4) 6/4 earlier in the week.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:50 - Jan 16 with 7483 viewsjohncharles

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:42 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

Have had more than one "Harry off" story this week that have proved nonsense, this could be the one to buck the trend or not as the case may be!

Most of the "Harry off" stories say he will be sacked if we lose tomorrow. So we won't know if they are nonsense until then will we ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:51 - Jan 16 with 7480 viewsJamie

As said, Dave Mc is at the training ground more than Arry so can well believe some of the players are happy to chat to him in confidence.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:52 - Jan 16 with 7477 viewsBedford_R

O.K. I bow to your better judgement...

RMH_R Reborn

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:52 - Jan 16 with 7475 viewsGloucs_R

I do trust what DM says, I am pretty certain he has a few contacts within the club.

Interesting, lets see what happens Sat now.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:52 - Jan 16 with 7473 viewsdaveB

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:42 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

Even if players are unhappy I reckon they'll still put in a performance tomorrow from the start, the problem might be if we go a goal or two down then I can see a few white flags going up
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:54 - Jan 16 with 7441 viewsJonDoeman

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:51 - Jan 16 by Jamie

As said, Dave Mc is at the training ground more than Arry so can well believe some of the players are happy to chat to him in confidence.

Have you read the article?

It Is What It Is !!

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:57 - Jan 16 with 7413 viewsPinnerPaul

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:51 - Jan 16 by Jamie

As said by Dave himself, Harry DOES take training!

I'm happy to accept this piece may or may not be true, but lets not big it up more than necessary!
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:59 - Jan 16 with 7390 viewsJonDoeman

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:57 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

As said by Dave himself, Harry DOES take training!

I'm happy to accept this piece may or may not be true, but lets not big it up more than necessary!

Your bet is looking good! ;)

It Is What It Is !!

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:59 - Jan 16 with 7389 viewsBAWHoops

If DM has said it then it's pretty much gospel.

If Sir les is genuinely passionate about turning things around then I feel slightly better about the club. It's someone who is there day to day and implementing culture.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 17:26 - Jan 16 with 7227 viewssimmo

Really interesting article that, confirms a lot of what we've been speculating.

I think the performance as much as the result will indicate how the players feel about things, another Man City/Liverpool performance and it could give food for thought to the board, but my money is on a comfortable United win and a new manager by the time Stoke comes around.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 17:29 - Jan 16 with 7206 viewsnadera78

What will be telling tomorrow is not how we start the game but what happened when (not if) we go a goal down. Will the players dig in or will they crumble? Will the already fractious fans move from grumbles to outright condemnation? The answer to those two questions will probably determine Redknapp's fate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024