Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
442 not working anymore 11:56 - Jan 23 with 11403 views08olesen

Since the palace game, it appears that every defender has worked out how to play Bobby, or he has just run out of steam. The 442 doesnt look anywhere near as effective as it did against the likes of Liverpool and Villa.

Surly our players are more suited to the 433 option. With Mutch/ Fer/ Nico or Adel actual getting to play in an attacking midfield area, along side Sandro/Barton and Henry. At least this system adds someone to the midfield or can actually pass.

It would also allow Vargas to play further forward as a winger not a wide midfielder which he is currently playing in. Hoilet could also benefit from this sort of system i think.

It seems very strange why Harry would go and get Zarate, when he definitely isnt going to hold the ball up, and isnt a loan striker. The only way he would be effective is playing next to Bobby, which isnt going to happen because of Charlie.

I really think TF has done the right thing, only giving Harry loans this january because the names of Pato and Mvila really sound like desperation signings, and there seems to be no second plan if hoofing it up to bob doesnt work.

Poll: Who will the other play off

442 not working anymore on 11:57 - Jan 23 with 9299 viewskensalriser

I don't wish to disagree but it seems to me an undisputable fact that Zarate is a loan striker.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

442 not working anymore on 12:08 - Jan 23 with 9274 viewsrobith

Found it hilarious with the Man Utd fans chanting for it at the weekend. As a formation, it is basically finished. Any team can just play 3 in central midfield and you're finished
442 not working anymore on 12:18 - Jan 23 with 9252 viewsTacticalR

The 442 issue was mentioned by Crace (Redknapp's biographer) on Open All R's back in 2013:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/80982

Air hostess clique

442 not working anymore on 12:24 - Jan 23 with 9234 viewsHAYESBOY

Thought the same at the Palace game.

You could see Jednak(?) dropping off to pick off the long balls into Zamora.
Was basiclly on his toes for the long ball.

IMO i would like to see Vargas played higher up the pitch with Charlie.

The trouble then is a midfielder to join them in the build up play.

Joey Barton isnt it.

Smells like a trout farm in here

442 not working anymore on 12:53 - Jan 23 with 9197 viewsrobith

442 not working anymore on 12:24 - Jan 23 by HAYESBOY

Thought the same at the Palace game.

You could see Jednak(?) dropping off to pick off the long balls into Zamora.
Was basiclly on his toes for the long ball.

IMO i would like to see Vargas played higher up the pitch with Charlie.

The trouble then is a midfielder to join them in the build up play.

Joey Barton isnt it.

I think we need to play 4231 with Barton and Henry in front of the midfield, that becomes 4321 in defence and 433 in attack
442 not working anymore on 12:54 - Jan 23 with 9191 viewsDiscodroids

i think every defender worked out how to play 'wor 'bobby in 2009.

he had a good game vs liverpool and a competent performance at home to Man city , other than that he's as redundant as kenneth brannagh on a building site .

as for niko ,the only role he's suited to is burt lancasters understudy for the trapeze,

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

442 not working anymore on 14:30 - Jan 23 with 9109 viewsTacticalR

Van Gaal: "4-4-2 makes my ass twitch"

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/louis-van-gaal-i-twitch-my-ass-with-442-3

Air hostess clique

442 not working anymore on 22:39 - Jan 23 with 9002 viewsQPR1882

442 not working anymore on 14:30 - Jan 23 by TacticalR

Van Gaal: "4-4-2 makes my ass twitch"

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/louis-van-gaal-i-twitch-my-ass-with-442-3

Cambridge played 4-4-2 to night and let in zero goals.

maybe it's the coaching/ players/tactics and not the set up
Login to get fewer ads

442 not working anymore on 23:37 - Jan 23 with 8966 viewsdsr_burnley

442 not working anymore on 12:08 - Jan 23 by robith

Found it hilarious with the Man Utd fans chanting for it at the weekend. As a formation, it is basically finished. Any team can just play 3 in central midfield and you're finished

Burnley have played 4-4-2 in every game this season bar West Brom away (which we lost 4-0). Games can be won at 4-4-2.
442 not working anymore on 23:50 - Jan 23 with 8937 viewsHollowayRanger

442 not working anymore on 12:08 - Jan 23 by robith

giggs keane scholes Ronaldo

id be happy with that four man midfield

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

442 not working anymore on 09:53 - Jan 24 with 8862 viewsAgedR

442 not working anymore on 23:37 - Jan 23 by dsr_burnley

Burnley have played 4-4-2 in every game this season bar West Brom away (which we lost 4-0). Games can be won at 4-4-2.

Just need one more and we've got the full set of relegation teams playing 442.

Rangers have been most effective playing in this formation against the top teams at home (Liverpool, City,Utd), but, still only have one point to show for it.

Our wins against Sunderland, Burnley, Villa, Leicester and Albion owed more to endeavour and good fortune rather than formation.

We need a plan b at home and any plan at all away.

I'm not holding my breath

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

442 not working anymore on 10:09 - Jan 24 with 8844 viewsbosh67

I think 6-4-5 would ensure we don't let in two goals every game and bang in one or two at the other end.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

442 not working anymore on 10:28 - Jan 24 with 8826 viewsBAWHoops

Personally I'd like to see us try this

.....................Green................
Isla......Dunne.....Caulker.....Yun
...................Sandro................
.............Barton......Fer.............
Vargas..............................Zarate
.....................Austin...................

It's a front 3 with a bit more guile and skill whilst still having a midfield trio who can battle

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

442 not working anymore on 11:27 - Jan 24 with 8797 viewsHunterhoop

442 not working anymore on 10:28 - Jan 24 by BAWHoops

It's a front 3 with a bit more guile and skill whilst still having a midfield trio who can battle

Too open.

Green
Isla Onouha Dunne Yun
Henry Sandro
Vargas Taarabt Hoilett
Austin

To be honest, Hoilett's spot could go to anyone of: Niko, Fer, Traore, Phillips or Zarate.

Have Henry and Sandro doing all the hard work for Adel and Adel delivering the class.
442 not working anymore on 11:36 - Jan 24 with 8786 viewsdaveB

Man City play 4-4-2 as well, not sure it's the system thats the problem
442 not working anymore on 11:58 - Jan 24 with 8758 viewsphilosopher

We alone seem to play 4-4-2 without wingers. When we were in premiership under Gerry Francis we had perfect 4-4-2 set up with Impey and Sinclair. 4-3-3 would work best when Yun is back as need full-backs to keep width
442 not working anymore on 12:42 - Jan 24 with 8725 views08olesen

442 not working anymore on 10:28 - Jan 24 by BAWHoops

I think Nedem has to start, we need pace back there, especially when Hill plays.

...................Green
Isla.....Nedem.....Caulker.....Yun
.......Sandro...Fer....Henry........
Vargas........................... Hoilet
..................Austin.............

Vargas and Hoilet have to be wingers, not midfielders.

Poll: Who will the other play off

442 not working anymore on 12:56 - Jan 24 with 8709 viewsDiscodroids

vargas is just a passenger as a winger imho .one goal in twenty games and how many assists???.

he has to play up front with austin or not at all. would certainly have ned at the back with caulker. And lets give Mutch a run of games , drop barton out of the picture. the center midfield combo of him and henry is quite frankly , embarrasing at this level.

so for me..

.....................Green................................
.isla.....................................yun..............
................Ned.....Caulker.....................
....Sandro....Mutch.....Henry...........
....................Adel...................
.......Vargas..........Austin......

fer misses out, cant believe im saying this, but henry deserves his place.

Id bring petresso, sutherland on to the bench with Mcarthy, Dunne, knee high il duce, Fer and clint.

jettison hoilett , phillips, beau brummel, grey friars, traore and barton beyond the kuiper bel, via a slingshot round jupiter. pluto in traores case.

go down with our fkn boots on , not on our knees.

You're all gonna die. The only question is how you check out. Do you want it on your feet? Or on your fuc kin' knees... begging? I ain't much for begging! Nobody ever gave me nothing! So I say fu ck that thing! Let's fight it!
[Post edited 24 Jan 2015 13:13]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

442 not working anymore on 13:06 - Jan 24 with 8686 viewsTacticalR

I notice that a couple of people have put Hoilett on the left. I'm not saying that's out of the question, but after the game away at Arsenal we know once and for all that Hoilett has no left foot and can't get a cross in from the left on his left foot. So, if he does play on the left he either has to cut inside and pass to a teammate with his right foot, or cut back and try to get in a cross with his right foot (which is not that easy for the forward players as a right-footed cross from the left will probably be inswinging). In practice this means to be effective he will nearly always cut inside, so the options are quite limited. That's not the end of the world as long as he passes the majority of the time instead of taking pot shots at the goal.

Air hostess clique

442 not working anymore on 13:08 - Jan 24 with 8680 viewsPunteR

442 not working anymore on 11:27 - Jan 24 by Hunterhoop

Too open.

Green
Isla Onouha Dunne Yun
Henry Sandro
Vargas Taarabt Hoilett
Austin

To be honest, Hoilett's spot could go to anyone of: Niko, Fer, Traore, Phillips or Zarate.

Have Henry and Sandro doing all the hard work for Adel and Adel delivering the class.

I'd switch Taarabt to the left,Vargas in the middle and Hoillet on the right or phillips.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

442 not working anymore on 13:12 - Jan 24 with 8673 viewsFDC

442 not working anymore on 11:27 - Jan 24 by Hunterhoop

Too open.

Green
Isla Onouha Dunne Yun
Henry Sandro
Vargas Taarabt Hoilett
Austin

That's the team for me.

442 is just a lazy default set up from a manager without the energy for anything else. 442 without wingers is laughable really.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2015 13:13]
442 not working anymore on 13:34 - Jan 24 with 8645 viewsHunterhoop

442 not working anymore on 13:08 - Jan 24 by PunteR

I'd switch Taarabt to the left,Vargas in the middle and Hoillet on the right or phillips.

Indeed. Lots of options.
442 not working anymore on 13:43 - Jan 24 with 8628 viewsHollowayRanger

-------------Green
Isla caulker Dunne Yun
------Henry Sandro
barton Taarabt hoilett
----------Austin

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

442 not working anymore on 13:56 - Jan 24 with 8620 views18StoneOfHoop

442 not working anymore on 13:43 - Jan 24 by HollowayRanger

-------------Green
Isla caulker Dunne Yun
------Henry Sandro
barton Taarabt hoilett
----------Austin

Cor,I remember back in the LFW day those terrible bad old times WHEN YOU WERE ALL ABOUT LAZY SHOUTY CAPITALS IN EVERY WITLESS LESBIAN FANTASISING POST.. and now there's only 3 players you pick without capitals ....you've come a long way,baby.

[Post edited 24 Jan 2015 13:59]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

442 not working anymore on 16:15 - Jan 24 with 8545 viewsWeaverQPR

Not sure why people opt for Hoilett on the left, no left foot, can't cross, cuts inside and almost 9/10 loses the ball. He seems much more effective on the right where he can actually get to the bye line and cross or come into the box.

@WeavQPR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024