Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? 00:09 - Feb 6 with 3378 viewsjohnhoop

I know it's in the Mail and it may not be gospel, but tha article in there this morning on Sherwood's possible appointment says Tony Fernandes "still has to pay Harry Redknapp for the remaining six months of his contract",
Do people think this is true and if so WTF. He walked out of the job because he declared himself unfit to do it. why should he leech another penny from our club ?
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 00:40 - Feb 6 with 3330 viewsSpiritofGregory

Do you really believe that Harry would walk away without a pay off?
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 00:44 - Feb 6 with 3334 viewsjohnhoop

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 00:40 - Feb 6 by SpiritofGregory

Do you really believe that Harry would walk away without a pay off?

Like many I was astonished that he walked when he could have hung on to the bitter end for another million plus quid. I didn't realize he'd walked and picked up the rest of his wedge as well!
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 01:05 - Feb 6 with 3307 viewsgeorgiosfs

Riddle me this,

Is there any honourable men left in football?

The closest thing I have seen lately is old mate Hoddle saying he walked away because Harry walked away.

But I bet if the club had put him in as caretaker he'd be staying on.
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 01:13 - Feb 6 with 3298 viewseastside_r

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 00:44 - Feb 6 by johnhoop

Like many I was astonished that he walked when he could have hung on to the bitter end for another million plus quid. I didn't realize he'd walked and picked up the rest of his wedge as well!

Doesn't surprise me at all.

I suspect that this was some sort of 'compromise agreement' which is common-place in business, particularly with highly-paid, key strategic employees.

The 'knee-surgery' story suits both parties as the mutual consent stuff which has become the norm has been widely ridiculed / discredited.
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 01:29 - Feb 6 with 3279 viewsgeorgiosfs

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 01:13 - Feb 6 by eastside_r

Doesn't surprise me at all.

I suspect that this was some sort of 'compromise agreement' which is common-place in business, particularly with highly-paid, key strategic employees.

The 'knee-surgery' story suits both parties as the mutual consent stuff which has become the norm has been widely ridiculed / discredited.

I'm really looking forward to seeing The Mail & Star have photos and an article of a sad and sore Harry sitting in a wheel chair with his knees strapped after surgery with Sandra next to him at the pier...

Just enough dribble so the footballing world can fall inlove with Arry again.
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 01:56 - Feb 6 with 3258 viewsSonofNorfolt

My guess is he was told to go honourably?
A bit like Rommel.
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 05:58 - Feb 6 with 3145 viewsQPR1882

The more bullshite I hear surrounding this whole saga suggests he was pushed and never walked. Can't understand why the club have let him save face ?
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 06:00 - Feb 6 with 3143 viewsdistortR

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 01:56 - Feb 6 by SonofNorfolt

My guess is he was told to go honourably?
A bit like Rommel.

Now he would be a good appointment, very strategic thinker.

He did have a touch of the malky mckay's about him, mind.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2015 6:01]
Login to get fewer ads

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 06:58 - Feb 6 with 3069 viewsRanger78

It's because he didn't walk

I suspect this deal was put together to suit everyone maybe it went like this

" Harry, you are crap and I'm fed up with you pulling my pants down. However, I don't want to make myself look like an ever bigger idiot by sacking you after declaring I wouldnt.

I've already got Les here so how about you do me a favour and go now. We can make it look all nice and fluffy, you can spin the bad knee line so the press will still lap it up and you don't have to have 2 QPR relegations on your CV, which you'd probably blame on me anyway.

If we do it this way, I can get Les to work on DOF now and the fans will still like me and you can carrying conning the world into thinking your a decent man who knows what he's doing"
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 07:29 - Feb 6 with 3014 viewsBasingstokeR

I wish this didn't seem so plausible

The thought of Redknapp being paid whilst he was here for the job he was doing and being in the top 30 salaried managers in World football made me feel sick enough.

Overpaying Harry has seemingly made Sherwood want a ridiculous starting wage too
Brinksmanship game by game to the end of the season I guess! Over £1m a year for an inexperienced manager is mad, I read that Garry Monk (reasonable yardstick?) was getting something more like £600-700k annual.
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 07:48 - Feb 6 with 2966 viewsjohncharles

Surely Redknapp has good health insurance package ? Maybe the insurance company won't wear the dodgy knees story ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 07:53 - Feb 6 with 2958 viewsandygg

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 06:58 - Feb 6 by Ranger78

" Harry, you are crap and I'm fed up with you pulling my pants down. However, I don't want to make myself look like an ever bigger idiot by sacking you after declaring I wouldnt.

I've already got Les here so how about you do me a favour and go now. We can make it look all nice and fluffy, you can spin the bad knee line so the press will still lap it up and you don't have to have 2 QPR relegations on your CV, which you'd probably blame on me anyway.

If we do it this way, I can get Les to work on DOF now and the fans will still like me and you can carrying conning the world into thinking your a decent man who knows what he's doing"

Thats exactly what i thought, but with a lot more expletives.
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 08:13 - Feb 6 with 2918 viewsBlue_Castello

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 07:53 - Feb 6 by andygg

Thats exactly what i thought, but with a lot more expletives.

Spot on - let's face it if it's true it proves he didn't walk, were a club with FFP hanging over us, surely the board wouldn't pay 1.5 million approx as a kind gesture.

Hold on its QPR anything is possible......!!!!!!!!.....
[Post edited 6 Feb 2015 8:14]
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 08:17 - Feb 6 with 2907 viewsblacky200

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 06:58 - Feb 6 by Ranger78

I would also add that it was timed so the first question from a prospective new manager couldn't be how much can I spend in the transfer window.
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 09:40 - Feb 6 with 2795 viewsMark1

I thought 'arry had already had one knee fixed last year anyhow ??

It's all Borrox if you ask me.
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 10:00 - Feb 6 with 2733 viewsTHEBUSH

Whatever way you look at Redknapps departure, he will be paid in full until his contract runs out, it's what happens in football :-((
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 10:04 - Feb 6 with 2725 viewsstowmarketrange

So Harry walked because he can't walk and we pick up the bill?
Only at QPR.
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 10:13 - Feb 6 with 2705 viewsRanger78

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 08:17 - Feb 6 by blacky200

I would also add that it was timed so the first question from a prospective new manager couldn't be how much can I spend in the transfer window.

Spot on
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 10:19 - Feb 6 with 2694 viewsTheBlob

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 06:00 - Feb 6 by distortR

Rommel?Trouble is we don't get sandy pitches anymore.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 10:58 - Feb 6 with 2627 viewssimmo

He goes and get's a pay off, in return he doesn't slag the club or talk shit about the players, etc. Mutually beneficial for everyone.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 11:11 - Feb 6 with 2600 viewsDorse

That explains the Mutch sale - Tony needed a few quid for Harry's leaving present.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 11:21 - Feb 6 with 2580 viewsloftus77

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 06:00 - Feb 6 by distortR

Will Palace away be our Alamein?
Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 11:41 - Feb 6 with 2547 viewshoopstilidie

Harry paid till the end of his contract ? on 11:21 - Feb 6 by loftus77

Will Palace away be our Alamein?

Adel Alamein.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024