Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! 12:03 - Mar 15 with 35618 viewsaleanddale

Still 12 games to go and we seem to be flat!!

What can the club do to re energise us for this final quarter?

A rally cry from the manager?

A statement of ambition? " it will be difficult but we are aiming for 24 more points"?

We have a great chance of finishing on a real high but need to see Keith leading with some positivity!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:59 - Mar 17 with 1853 viewsisitme

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:53 - Mar 17 by nordenblue

I said at the time TS exactly this after the Done sale,whilst also stating the club do not want promotion and got ridiculed on here with the usual "why wouldn't they" etc.
The club floats around league 1 Hilly keeps getting his extra slice of the cake and the clubs coffers are swelled like never before, everyone at the top of the tree's happy, wheres the problem guys?

I did not realise a club could choose to be promoted. Do clubs also choose to get relegated? For most of the time I have supported our club we have floated around the lower reaches of League 2 (or its equivalent at that time). Seeing League 1 football is great and although promotion to the Championship is a dream I would like to see achieved what is wrong with a couple of season consolidating as a League 1 team? MK Dons have been chasing promotion to the Championship for years.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:05 - Mar 17 with 1826 viewsnordenblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:59 - Mar 17 by isitme

I did not realise a club could choose to be promoted. Do clubs also choose to get relegated? For most of the time I have supported our club we have floated around the lower reaches of League 2 (or its equivalent at that time). Seeing League 1 football is great and although promotion to the Championship is a dream I would like to see achieved what is wrong with a couple of season consolidating as a League 1 team? MK Dons have been chasing promotion to the Championship for years.

And financially they've gone for promotion unlike ourselves, not sold their top scorer and not replacing him wouldn't happen there either.
So as much as you dont choose to be promoted you certainly can make it close to impossible for it actually to happen.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 16:06]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:05 - Mar 17 with 1828 viewsdingdangblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:51 - Mar 17 by SteTsGoldenBoot

No pre-match interview, so we'll have to wait and see!

Thank Christ for that - hope Beechy is on post match duties !

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:14 - Mar 17 with 1802 viewsisitme

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:05 - Mar 17 by nordenblue

And financially they've gone for promotion unlike ourselves, not sold their top scorer and not replacing him wouldn't happen there either.
So as much as you dont choose to be promoted you certainly can make it close to impossible for it actually to happen.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 16:06]

Well they have sold Dele Ali to Spurs for £5 million, but got him back on loan till the end of the season. If you look at the signings they have made:

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2812&teamTabs=transfers

They haven't splashed on fees, although some of those players would/will command decent wages. I would suspect with their ground and the 'non matchday' income it generates that they would be able to compete financially with the big boys of the division, still they have yet to achieve promotion. I would suggest that in most seasons for many teams in all divisions it is virtually impossible for them to finish in the top six of the league.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:31 - Mar 17 with 1772 viewsEllGazzell

I have been going to Dale ever since I was a sperm in my Dad's winkle (after he stopped watching Burnley) therefore I am totally qualified to say how absolutely stunned I am that K J Hill is not putting out any type of pre-match interview.

Who the hell does he think he is? It's the only chance for some of us exiles to get a feel for how unappreciative, undeserving and downright unworthy of K J Hill we really are.

I mean f**k me, I might even consider looking at flights and stuff for a trip back to catch the business end of the season if Jesus doesn't tell me how fickle, dreamy and ultimately unsupportive of the cause that would be.

If you moaning bleeders think it's bad enough listening to K J Hill comments/interviews before and after you have watched a game, you wanna try it when DalePlayer's "coverage" is your yard stick sandwiched in-between. The only way I could imagine it being worse is if I lived in a Belgium or the Netherlands or sommot like that. Praise be to Praha.

The only shinning light is I can look forward to Glasto this year with the big man K West bringing it home. I'm crossing my fingers for an Oasis get back together and Bruce Springsteen finding themselves on the line up as well... or any band from the 90's really...

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:55 - Mar 17 with 1722 viewsColDale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:53 - Mar 17 by nordenblue

I said at the time TS exactly this after the Done sale,whilst also stating the club do not want promotion and got ridiculed on here with the usual "why wouldn't they" etc.
The club floats around league 1 Hilly keeps getting his extra slice of the cake and the clubs coffers are swelled like never before, everyone at the top of the tree's happy, wheres the problem guys?

I do not believe for one moment that you genuinely think that. I'm happy to be corrected, but do you really believe the club is being run in such a way to maximise the manager's wages?
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:12 - Mar 17 with 1693 viewsMoonyDale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:55 - Mar 17 by ColDale

I do not believe for one moment that you genuinely think that. I'm happy to be corrected, but do you really believe the club is being run in such a way to maximise the manager's wages?

I firmly believe that the board would do anything to keep Hill at the club....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:15 - Mar 17 with 1683 viewsbuckbyname

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 23:20 - Mar 15 by roccydaleian

What Hilly says, I've just taken with a pinch of salt for years now. All I see is one of the best teams we've ever had, and mainly a great season and that is mainly down to KH. I really do think some people take Hilly's interviews to seriously. Lighten up people and enjoy what we've got, which is a good vibrant young team. Up The Dale.

Agree with the above wholeheartedly. I wonder how many people commenting on the Fleetwood match actually went. If they were there, were they facing the pitch. I thought in the first half we were more than a match for them, they hardly had a look in , in front of goal, one shot wide as I remember. In the second half they came out firing but scored because the majority of the team paused when Bennett was fouled.
we need a front running, up the middle, hold the ball up, finishing striker admittedly, anyone who knows one (not you Tazzy) should tell Keith Hill.

As for the complainers about the money in the bank, do't spend it critics. Think of this possible scenario. If you were thinking about buying the ground would you tell the world and his wife how much we got for Done and how much cash we had in the bank? Or spend it needlessly in a avin attempt to get promoted this year?

eant
Login to get fewer ads

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:26 - Mar 17 with 1661 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:05 - Mar 17 by dingdangblue

Thank Christ for that - hope Beechy is on post match duties !

I would take a point tonight it's always tough at Meadow Lane. Let Beech do the Post Match interviews between now and the end of the season that's the way forward.

A repeat of the Fleetwood performance but with more creativity up front will probably be enough to get something i reckon.

P.S. Best posts on the thread, Bashyourbishops by a mile. Nice to have a reasoned debate encompassing different points of view without resorting to personal attacks. It's fair to say we have mixed feelings amongst the forums fanbase.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 17:32]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:32 - Mar 17 with 1650 viewsColDale

In my time of watching Dale (won't mention the number of years to diminish my point ), I've known fans stop going for all sorts of reasons. There's been poor form, depressing tactics, cheating tactics, and cost of entry amongst them. I get all of them. But I have to say the manager's comments from fourteen days ago being a reason for doing so it a new one on me. I just don't get it. For me, it's like not going because you don't get clapped at the end of a game. Or a manager not waving back at you after singing for one.

We've had managers criticise fans many a time in the past. Parkin was a bugger for it, Simpson called us terrorists, Barrow offered us out, and I'm sure there's worse than that. In the grand scheme of things, if we were to be offended by managers, we'd have stopped going a long time ago, and likewise there have been fifty million other reasons to have stopped going over the top.

Does Hill not respect the Dale supporters? Well as pointed out even by those most put out, he was lovely on Saturday, posing for pics - something that has happened numerous times over the years in charge. It's quite possible, he's not the big nasty arrogant bully he's being made out to be.

Do you remember when he came back to replace Coleman? Forget the football, and the promotions - what was abundantly clear was that Dale supporters had had enough of the Coleman way - the cheating, the diving and the discipline and rather than promising promotions and successful football, it was the desire to return the spirit of this club to the supporters - the honest, fair way of doing so. And he did that with abundance. This was a manager keen to return the values of a club back to its supporters. And he did so ridding the club of the bad elements. Players disrespecting supporters and the shirt were shown the door. We were given our pride back.

There's contradictions all over this thread. Hilly would take any job to leave, Hilly doesn't want promotion, Hilly is in it for the money at Dale, Hilly would take better money elsewhere etc.

If we want to go down the Stockport route of promotion at all costs, then we can do so. Sod the financial side of things, sod the progression of young players, let's go short term and have a season in the Sun in the Championship (because playing the likes of Rotherham, Charlton, Reading, Huddersfield, Brighton, Cardiff Brentford is such a new experience to us). The long term consequences of going all out for it could be catastrophic for the club, but not for Hilly. Taking Dale into the Championship would be a carte blanche for any other job outside the Premier League - makes you wonder what his motivation is then if he actively doesn't want the club to be promoted.

The problem we have is that we have never had a quiet season under Hilly. Its either been a recovery season or one heading to the unknown of success. As such, this season because at times it hinted at success lack something of a buzz about it, especially when safety (everybody's target for the season) was seemingly wrapped up so early on. I get all that, and maybe its feeling a bit flat for people because when we were in the Play offs (despite being three points off the bottom half), it looked like it was offering so much.

But it seems that the consequences of falling away (despite being games in hand away from our highest ever league finish) is to start bashing the manager for his tactics, his team selection, his contract, his comments. At the moment, its never ending, and whilst it is repeated ad infinitum that 90% of what he does is brilliant, there is no acceptance of that, and the minor gripes are brought out over and over again. I know Hilly will never be everybody's cup of tea, but its open season on him at this moment in time, and he deserves better than that.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:42 - Mar 17 with 1644 viewsMoonyDale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:32 - Mar 17 by ColDale

In my time of watching Dale (won't mention the number of years to diminish my point ), I've known fans stop going for all sorts of reasons. There's been poor form, depressing tactics, cheating tactics, and cost of entry amongst them. I get all of them. But I have to say the manager's comments from fourteen days ago being a reason for doing so it a new one on me. I just don't get it. For me, it's like not going because you don't get clapped at the end of a game. Or a manager not waving back at you after singing for one.

We've had managers criticise fans many a time in the past. Parkin was a bugger for it, Simpson called us terrorists, Barrow offered us out, and I'm sure there's worse than that. In the grand scheme of things, if we were to be offended by managers, we'd have stopped going a long time ago, and likewise there have been fifty million other reasons to have stopped going over the top.

Does Hill not respect the Dale supporters? Well as pointed out even by those most put out, he was lovely on Saturday, posing for pics - something that has happened numerous times over the years in charge. It's quite possible, he's not the big nasty arrogant bully he's being made out to be.

Do you remember when he came back to replace Coleman? Forget the football, and the promotions - what was abundantly clear was that Dale supporters had had enough of the Coleman way - the cheating, the diving and the discipline and rather than promising promotions and successful football, it was the desire to return the spirit of this club to the supporters - the honest, fair way of doing so. And he did that with abundance. This was a manager keen to return the values of a club back to its supporters. And he did so ridding the club of the bad elements. Players disrespecting supporters and the shirt were shown the door. We were given our pride back.

There's contradictions all over this thread. Hilly would take any job to leave, Hilly doesn't want promotion, Hilly is in it for the money at Dale, Hilly would take better money elsewhere etc.

If we want to go down the Stockport route of promotion at all costs, then we can do so. Sod the financial side of things, sod the progression of young players, let's go short term and have a season in the Sun in the Championship (because playing the likes of Rotherham, Charlton, Reading, Huddersfield, Brighton, Cardiff Brentford is such a new experience to us). The long term consequences of going all out for it could be catastrophic for the club, but not for Hilly. Taking Dale into the Championship would be a carte blanche for any other job outside the Premier League - makes you wonder what his motivation is then if he actively doesn't want the club to be promoted.

The problem we have is that we have never had a quiet season under Hilly. Its either been a recovery season or one heading to the unknown of success. As such, this season because at times it hinted at success lack something of a buzz about it, especially when safety (everybody's target for the season) was seemingly wrapped up so early on. I get all that, and maybe its feeling a bit flat for people because when we were in the Play offs (despite being three points off the bottom half), it looked like it was offering so much.

But it seems that the consequences of falling away (despite being games in hand away from our highest ever league finish) is to start bashing the manager for his tactics, his team selection, his contract, his comments. At the moment, its never ending, and whilst it is repeated ad infinitum that 90% of what he does is brilliant, there is no acceptance of that, and the minor gripes are brought out over and over again. I know Hilly will never be everybody's cup of tea, but its open season on him at this moment in time, and he deserves better than that.

And the fans that turn up deserve better than to be sniped at by the manager, have a pop at those who don't turn up to Spotland by all means but not those who pay to come through the turnstiles.

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:48 - Mar 17 with 1625 viewsnordenblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:55 - Mar 17 by ColDale

Primarily the clubs run to please the board and at this stage in our history the manager too, both currently are well funded and happy
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:52 - Mar 17 with 1618 viewsRooleyblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:45 - Mar 17 by beat_the_bishop

A lot has been said since my original post about choosing not to bother.

Basically, I have 3 options on a Saturday:

- I can opt to work.
- I can opt to play amateur football.
- I can opt to go Dale.

I have let the club dictate my weekends for many years. Like we all do, we even book out holidays and weekends away around the fixtures. That's what fans do.

I have spent a lot of time over the years, and I mean A LOT of time preaching, persuading, campaigning to my friends and family to get them to pay some interest in Rochdale and get through the turnstile with me for undoubtedly the best entertainment the town can offer. I became abit of a stuck record with it during our first play off season, constantly harping on about how good they are, how lower league football has moved on, especially at Dale, and how fun it is watching Rochdale. On the back of that I managed to get 3 new season ticket holders. My dad, my dads friend and my best mate. When Hill had the 'No Fear, total football, attack attack attack' philosophy. They enjoyed it, they got to witness what I was rabbiting on about and ended up coming with me ever since.

I've done my bit there alone. So the last thing I want to hear is our own manager criticising the small minority of what is a big town who actually get off their backside, sacrifice their afternoon, their money, and some cases voice box to support their local team which has been starved of success for that long its difficult to see what the attraction actually is in the first place!

I don't understand the 'we are not ready' brigade. I genuinely don't. I go to a game to see us win. Not once have I ever turned up and said 'I don't care about the result today, I just want us to play with freedom and enjoy ourselves'. I couldn't care less if they enjoy it or not, I pay to be entertained they are paid to entertain.

I pay a percentage of Keith Hills wages. And I feel he doesn't give two sh*ts about me, my money or how I go about earning that money. He is one of the most arrogant men you will come across. And quite as to how he has come to that on the back of managing one of the smallest clubs in the football league I don't know. He didn't start off like that. People who don't appreciate their life, and the people in it get on my nerves. He has a fantastic job, one which all of us would probably call our dream job and sometimes he implies that it's nothing but a burden because he's heard a few groans. Without us, he is unemployed. Yes he would get work elsewhere but that's besides the point. Without us, he doesn't have a job. He needs to appreciate that.

I'm confident that if any of you went into your workplace today and criticised your enployer, your feet wouldn't touch the ground. He continuously does it time after time and some people are so far up his backside they would let him sleep with their wife. I am different, I don't like the man. He manages my club, but that doesn't mean I have to like him. I find him arrogant, sarcastic, unappreciative and disrespectful. None of them traits can be found in any person I have time for in my life.

It's no secret to anyone and any manager the fanbase is what holds the club back. So in my opinion, the last thing I would do is build a wall between myself and them. Has he ever said anything nice about us? That's sincere and not been forced upon him by Dunphy? The top and bottom is, we need more fans. You don't go about that by slagging the ones off that actually do attend. That's just strange!

The team selections, decisions, attitude of late from Hill just irritate me. I sometimes get the impression that he does the opposite to what the fans want to see just to out right annoy us and ensure we are nothing but fans. His treatment towards Hery alone has annoyed me all season. And how he can just sit there and accept it is a credit to Hery because he has been treated like a naughty school boy, and that treatment would not get repeated on other certain players and we know it. He's favouritsmn is comical at times. Joe Bunney is the current day Joe Thompson. He will never play at League One or League Two level for a full season again once he leaves Rochdale. Most of us know it, and most of us said the same about Joe Thompson. Granted he got poorly but he got sussed out pretty quick at Tranmere.

The side is 2 good players and logical decisions away from the playoffs. When have we been played off the park this season? We have every right to challenge for the top 6. You don't get in the top 6 because you have a training ground, 10,000 fans and a stand with two tiers. You get in when you have scored enough goals across 46 games against other people with the same job title with the same end goal. If at the end you fall short it wasn't because your a small club, it's because you didn't accumulate enough points.

People read too much into the politics and 'if and buts' of promotion. I don't have the same support network, same 15 plate van, top of the range power tools, marketing team, range of uniform as British Gas operatives. But if you place a boiler in front of me, I will deliver the same if not better end product of a British Gas job. So I'm sorry, am I not good enough because I don't have the infrastructure? Or do my performances matter more?

I wouldn't care if we got promoted to the championship and never won a game and came straight back down. To me, it means more to witness little Dale hit the second tier for the first time ever. The fact of the matter is we shown the courage and 'can do' attitude to achieve our dream. Which translates to ambition. Like wise if we did get into the playoffs and got beat 6-1 on aggregate. I would be over the moon, we showed the guts and detrimination to do give it a whack. And the money from TV would cover the new strikers wages anyway!

But instead to be constantly reminded at how lucky we are, how much we are punching above our weight, blah blah. It's depressing and obvious. As a player pondering whether to sign for Rochdale, does that excite you??

I don't look to the future, and next season. You deal with the one that is put in front of you first. Next season might never come. Stranger things in life have happened.

If we signed a striker after losing Done, and game out and said 'yes we have lost Done, but that's football. We have signed a new striker to replicate them goals and continue towards our dream of reaching the playoffs. I hope the fans are on board for the ride, we deserve to be here, deserve to give it a shot and the players have already shown they are good enough, so why not go for it?'

If that was the case I would still be donning the same erection every week when heading towards Spotland. It's called excitement. And watching Rochdale of late just hasn't excited me, because in the back of my mind I know they deep down they don't have the same desire as me. And Keith Hill has transferred his 'de-energised' vibes into me. Knowing I am going to the game to play out the season just isn't for me. Not in the current climate when I have to think a little bit more with my money.

If your dreams don't scare you they are not big enough.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 11:53]

Superb post, it sums up the whole thread for me, brilliant!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:53 - Mar 17 with 1615 viewsDaleiLama

Good post Col. More evidence of KH's continued bad influence on the club.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:55 - Mar 17 with 1609 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

No Col, not promotion at all cost, we paid Matty Done a wage, he left, we saved that wage. Its not about even dipping into the money we received, re-invest some of MD's wage and keep the dream alive.

It has been open house on the fans from KH in both spells at the club, just because some are fed up of it and say so on a fans message board is not a crime. He can say what he feels but we cant?

KH and the board have chosen to make it a flat season and have stopped doing their best!

That's why people are fed up!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:58 - Mar 17 with 1596 viewsDaleiLama

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:48 - Mar 17 by nordenblue

Primarily the clubs run to please the board and at this stage in our history the manager too, both currently are well funded and happy

Primarily the clubs run to please the board and at this stage in our history the manager too, both currently are well funded, SUCCESSFUL and happy (lest we not forget)?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:01 - Mar 17 with 1588 views442Dale

Two things, pretty simple:

1) I thought the substitutions on Saturday were poor.
2) I thought the comments after the Crewe game were unnecessary, boring and somewhat repetitive.

Others may think differently, in fact I can see arguments against both of the points above, but there is absolutely no reason why that debate can't happen.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:03 - Mar 17 with 1580 viewsTalkingSutty

You mentioned comments from a fortnight ago as though that's the only one, diluting won't hide the truth Col. Its come to a head because of a few scenarios which seem to have happened in a short period of time.

1. Dones transfer damaged the fans and deflated any expectation. The timing was diabolical, selling to a potential play off rival was diabolical, fannying the fans with the 'ready made replacements' line was a bloody insult really. The first thing I thought when I heard the news was ' we've just sold our play off spot' and that's the truth. In a nutshell it showed the club had no stomach to even attempt to give themselves a good shot of the Play Offs.

2. Hills never been slow to have a dig at the fans in his interviews and he seems to be doing it more and more. I don't expect you to ever criticise Hill Col because you're not that way, but can you explain his 'fans expected us to win 8-0 ' comment after the Crewe game, I assume you were one of the few who made the effort? Don't just brush it off have a go at explaining why he does it please. There are numerous other comments such as Saturday's but we will be here all night.

3. He states to the media he feels flat and De- energised and indicates the seasons over , does that send out the right message to fans? Does it make them want to get out of their armchair and go to the match? It does the opposite at a time when we need as much support as we can muster.

I honestly think Hilly is manipulating unrest between himself and the fans on purpose, he doesn't want his situation at Rochdale to be viewed as a marriage made in heaven so he causes friction with his comments, why else would he do it?? I have a good memory and this was Hills Modus Operandi in his first spell. Before long the door will knock and he will move on to pastures new, it's the way he goes about it that I don't like.

Picking a fight with the fans is one he will never win because the majority aren't shrinking violets who will role over and let him speak about the fanbase as though they are something he has picked up on his shoe. This thread should tell you that, unless you are right and those who are annoyed by his comments are all wrong.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 18:11]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:15 - Mar 17 with 1554 viewsdingdangblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:42 - Mar 17 by MoonyDale

And the fans that turn up deserve better than to be sniped at by the manager, have a pop at those who don't turn up to Spotland by all means but not those who pay to come through the turnstiles.

And what did he say that was so nasty? That 1900 of us expect us to win 8-0? That some of us might not want Hendo to take penalties? I don't think I'll ever get over those insults!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:16 - Mar 17 with 1554 viewsflyerdale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:03 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

You mentioned comments from a fortnight ago as though that's the only one, diluting won't hide the truth Col. Its come to a head because of a few scenarios which seem to have happened in a short period of time.

1. Dones transfer damaged the fans and deflated any expectation. The timing was diabolical, selling to a potential play off rival was diabolical, fannying the fans with the 'ready made replacements' line was a bloody insult really. The first thing I thought when I heard the news was ' we've just sold our play off spot' and that's the truth. In a nutshell it showed the club had no stomach to even attempt to give themselves a good shot of the Play Offs.

2. Hills never been slow to have a dig at the fans in his interviews and he seems to be doing it more and more. I don't expect you to ever criticise Hill Col because you're not that way, but can you explain his 'fans expected us to win 8-0 ' comment after the Crewe game, I assume you were one of the few who made the effort? Don't just brush it off have a go at explaining why he does it please. There are numerous other comments such as Saturday's but we will be here all night.

3. He states to the media he feels flat and De- energised and indicates the seasons over , does that send out the right message to fans? Does it make them want to get out of their armchair and go to the match? It does the opposite at a time when we need as much support as we can muster.

I honestly think Hilly is manipulating unrest between himself and the fans on purpose, he doesn't want his situation at Rochdale to be viewed as a marriage made in heaven so he causes friction with his comments, why else would he do it?? I have a good memory and this was Hills Modus Operandi in his first spell. Before long the door will knock and he will move on to pastures new, it's the way he goes about it that I don't like.

Picking a fight with the fans is one he will never win because the majority aren't shrinking violets who will role over and let him speak about the fanbase as though they are something he has picked up on his shoe. This thread should tell you that, unless you are right and those who are annoyed by his comments are all wrong.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 18:11]

Couldn't have put it better myself TalkingSutty something needs to be done about the media comments attacking the supporters before the gates get even smaller.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:22 - Mar 17 with 1535 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:16 - Mar 17 by flyerdale

Couldn't have put it better myself TalkingSutty something needs to be done about the media comments attacking the supporters before the gates get even smaller.

I don't have a problem with anybody who thinks Hill is right to say what he does, that's their choice and we are all Dale fans so it's not something to fall out about. My concern are the ones who feel so disengaged that they no longer attend games or refuse to renew season tickets,because we can't afford to lose even one supporter. The comments on this thread should ring an alarm bell.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:27 - Mar 17 with 1526 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:45 - Mar 17 by beat_the_bishop

A lot has been said since my original post about choosing not to bother.

Basically, I have 3 options on a Saturday:

- I can opt to work.
- I can opt to play amateur football.
- I can opt to go Dale.

I have let the club dictate my weekends for many years. Like we all do, we even book out holidays and weekends away around the fixtures. That's what fans do.

I have spent a lot of time over the years, and I mean A LOT of time preaching, persuading, campaigning to my friends and family to get them to pay some interest in Rochdale and get through the turnstile with me for undoubtedly the best entertainment the town can offer. I became abit of a stuck record with it during our first play off season, constantly harping on about how good they are, how lower league football has moved on, especially at Dale, and how fun it is watching Rochdale. On the back of that I managed to get 3 new season ticket holders. My dad, my dads friend and my best mate. When Hill had the 'No Fear, total football, attack attack attack' philosophy. They enjoyed it, they got to witness what I was rabbiting on about and ended up coming with me ever since.

I've done my bit there alone. So the last thing I want to hear is our own manager criticising the small minority of what is a big town who actually get off their backside, sacrifice their afternoon, their money, and some cases voice box to support their local team which has been starved of success for that long its difficult to see what the attraction actually is in the first place!

I don't understand the 'we are not ready' brigade. I genuinely don't. I go to a game to see us win. Not once have I ever turned up and said 'I don't care about the result today, I just want us to play with freedom and enjoy ourselves'. I couldn't care less if they enjoy it or not, I pay to be entertained they are paid to entertain.

I pay a percentage of Keith Hills wages. And I feel he doesn't give two sh*ts about me, my money or how I go about earning that money. He is one of the most arrogant men you will come across. And quite as to how he has come to that on the back of managing one of the smallest clubs in the football league I don't know. He didn't start off like that. People who don't appreciate their life, and the people in it get on my nerves. He has a fantastic job, one which all of us would probably call our dream job and sometimes he implies that it's nothing but a burden because he's heard a few groans. Without us, he is unemployed. Yes he would get work elsewhere but that's besides the point. Without us, he doesn't have a job. He needs to appreciate that.

I'm confident that if any of you went into your workplace today and criticised your enployer, your feet wouldn't touch the ground. He continuously does it time after time and some people are so far up his backside they would let him sleep with their wife. I am different, I don't like the man. He manages my club, but that doesn't mean I have to like him. I find him arrogant, sarcastic, unappreciative and disrespectful. None of them traits can be found in any person I have time for in my life.

It's no secret to anyone and any manager the fanbase is what holds the club back. So in my opinion, the last thing I would do is build a wall between myself and them. Has he ever said anything nice about us? That's sincere and not been forced upon him by Dunphy? The top and bottom is, we need more fans. You don't go about that by slagging the ones off that actually do attend. That's just strange!

The team selections, decisions, attitude of late from Hill just irritate me. I sometimes get the impression that he does the opposite to what the fans want to see just to out right annoy us and ensure we are nothing but fans. His treatment towards Hery alone has annoyed me all season. And how he can just sit there and accept it is a credit to Hery because he has been treated like a naughty school boy, and that treatment would not get repeated on other certain players and we know it. He's favouritsmn is comical at times. Joe Bunney is the current day Joe Thompson. He will never play at League One or League Two level for a full season again once he leaves Rochdale. Most of us know it, and most of us said the same about Joe Thompson. Granted he got poorly but he got sussed out pretty quick at Tranmere.

The side is 2 good players and logical decisions away from the playoffs. When have we been played off the park this season? We have every right to challenge for the top 6. You don't get in the top 6 because you have a training ground, 10,000 fans and a stand with two tiers. You get in when you have scored enough goals across 46 games against other people with the same job title with the same end goal. If at the end you fall short it wasn't because your a small club, it's because you didn't accumulate enough points.

People read too much into the politics and 'if and buts' of promotion. I don't have the same support network, same 15 plate van, top of the range power tools, marketing team, range of uniform as British Gas operatives. But if you place a boiler in front of me, I will deliver the same if not better end product of a British Gas job. So I'm sorry, am I not good enough because I don't have the infrastructure? Or do my performances matter more?

I wouldn't care if we got promoted to the championship and never won a game and came straight back down. To me, it means more to witness little Dale hit the second tier for the first time ever. The fact of the matter is we shown the courage and 'can do' attitude to achieve our dream. Which translates to ambition. Like wise if we did get into the playoffs and got beat 6-1 on aggregate. I would be over the moon, we showed the guts and detrimination to do give it a whack. And the money from TV would cover the new strikers wages anyway!

But instead to be constantly reminded at how lucky we are, how much we are punching above our weight, blah blah. It's depressing and obvious. As a player pondering whether to sign for Rochdale, does that excite you??

I don't look to the future, and next season. You deal with the one that is put in front of you first. Next season might never come. Stranger things in life have happened.

If we signed a striker after losing Done, and game out and said 'yes we have lost Done, but that's football. We have signed a new striker to replicate them goals and continue towards our dream of reaching the playoffs. I hope the fans are on board for the ride, we deserve to be here, deserve to give it a shot and the players have already shown they are good enough, so why not go for it?'

If that was the case I would still be donning the same erection every week when heading towards Spotland. It's called excitement. And watching Rochdale of late just hasn't excited me, because in the back of my mind I know they deep down they don't have the same desire as me. And Keith Hill has transferred his 'de-energised' vibes into me. Knowing I am going to the game to play out the season just isn't for me. Not in the current climate when I have to think a little bit more with my money.

If your dreams don't scare you they are not big enough.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 11:53]

A very very good post - I agree at every level!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:39 - Mar 17 with 1500 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:22 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

I don't have a problem with anybody who thinks Hill is right to say what he does, that's their choice and we are all Dale fans so it's not something to fall out about. My concern are the ones who feel so disengaged that they no longer attend games or refuse to renew season tickets,because we can't afford to lose even one supporter. The comments on this thread should ring an alarm bell.

Spot on TS.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:46 - Mar 17 with 1488 viewsMoonyDale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:15 - Mar 17 by dingdangblue

And what did he say that was so nasty? That 1900 of us expect us to win 8-0? That some of us might not want Hendo to take penalties? I don't think I'll ever get over those insults!

I was one of the 1900 and I sure as hell didn't expect us to win 8 - 0, nobody puts words in my mouth not even Hill. And it's every opportunity to have a dig at the fans. If he can have a pop then I can and will pop back, get over it,......

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:52 - Mar 17 with 1457 viewsbeat_the_bishop

I don't like him. But I haven't said that what he has done for Dale isn't remarkable. It clearly is!

The point is, we live in present. I don't care about Coleman, I don't care about Barrow, or any of the mentioned. I also don't care about the past. We can't constantly say 'yes but think of all the bad times'. Do you encourage recovering drug addicts of alcoholics to 'reminisce' on the bad times to appreciate the good times? I don't ever think 'I can stomach this woeful performance, simply because it could be worse we could have Paul Simpson at the helm'. To me it's been and gone, I only focus on the current situation and the debate is about the current situation- we have more to offer but we aren't bothering to offer it.

The dale fans on the whole, especially the older generation are very easy pleased. If you are happy with mid-tableness then that's fine. Some love the idea of the youth products and continuously say 'yes but look at what the academy is producing, we should be happy with this season for that alone'. I love that they are doing well, but that will continue whether it be in League Two, One or Championship.

The point is, we were/are two quality signings away from a top 6 challenge. Which ever way you like to cover that up, it's the truth and deep down we all know it. But we have failed to capitalise. Which has on a personal level, knocked the stuffing out of me.

Add to that the comments he has made. It felt like a kick while I was down.

Talking Sutty, I'm fully behind your views. And others for the matter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024