Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! 12:03 - Mar 15 with 35619 viewsaleanddale

Still 12 games to go and we seem to be flat!!

What can the club do to re energise us for this final quarter?

A rally cry from the manager?

A statement of ambition? " it will be difficult but we are aiming for 24 more points"?

We have a great chance of finishing on a real high but need to see Keith leading with some positivity!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:07 - Mar 17 with 1796 viewsChaffRAFC

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:32 - Mar 17 by ColDale

In my time of watching Dale (won't mention the number of years to diminish my point ), I've known fans stop going for all sorts of reasons. There's been poor form, depressing tactics, cheating tactics, and cost of entry amongst them. I get all of them. But I have to say the manager's comments from fourteen days ago being a reason for doing so it a new one on me. I just don't get it. For me, it's like not going because you don't get clapped at the end of a game. Or a manager not waving back at you after singing for one.

We've had managers criticise fans many a time in the past. Parkin was a bugger for it, Simpson called us terrorists, Barrow offered us out, and I'm sure there's worse than that. In the grand scheme of things, if we were to be offended by managers, we'd have stopped going a long time ago, and likewise there have been fifty million other reasons to have stopped going over the top.

Does Hill not respect the Dale supporters? Well as pointed out even by those most put out, he was lovely on Saturday, posing for pics - something that has happened numerous times over the years in charge. It's quite possible, he's not the big nasty arrogant bully he's being made out to be.

Do you remember when he came back to replace Coleman? Forget the football, and the promotions - what was abundantly clear was that Dale supporters had had enough of the Coleman way - the cheating, the diving and the discipline and rather than promising promotions and successful football, it was the desire to return the spirit of this club to the supporters - the honest, fair way of doing so. And he did that with abundance. This was a manager keen to return the values of a club back to its supporters. And he did so ridding the club of the bad elements. Players disrespecting supporters and the shirt were shown the door. We were given our pride back.

There's contradictions all over this thread. Hilly would take any job to leave, Hilly doesn't want promotion, Hilly is in it for the money at Dale, Hilly would take better money elsewhere etc.

If we want to go down the Stockport route of promotion at all costs, then we can do so. Sod the financial side of things, sod the progression of young players, let's go short term and have a season in the Sun in the Championship (because playing the likes of Rotherham, Charlton, Reading, Huddersfield, Brighton, Cardiff Brentford is such a new experience to us). The long term consequences of going all out for it could be catastrophic for the club, but not for Hilly. Taking Dale into the Championship would be a carte blanche for any other job outside the Premier League - makes you wonder what his motivation is then if he actively doesn't want the club to be promoted.

The problem we have is that we have never had a quiet season under Hilly. Its either been a recovery season or one heading to the unknown of success. As such, this season because at times it hinted at success lack something of a buzz about it, especially when safety (everybody's target for the season) was seemingly wrapped up so early on. I get all that, and maybe its feeling a bit flat for people because when we were in the Play offs (despite being three points off the bottom half), it looked like it was offering so much.

But it seems that the consequences of falling away (despite being games in hand away from our highest ever league finish) is to start bashing the manager for his tactics, his team selection, his contract, his comments. At the moment, its never ending, and whilst it is repeated ad infinitum that 90% of what he does is brilliant, there is no acceptance of that, and the minor gripes are brought out over and over again. I know Hilly will never be everybody's cup of tea, but its open season on him at this moment in time, and he deserves better than that.

Absolutely bob on Col. This season certainly does have an element of "lets have a look at what you could have won", and who knows, we may still achieve that. But Hill's comments dampened that somewhat and I do see why some fans are frustrated with certain aspects of this season but what you say is absolutely correct.

Do people think he's acting without the club's interest at heart? The more successful the club is, the more chance he'll get to go where he might want to go within the game. He wouldn't do anything to scupper that.

I firmly believes every word that comes out of his mouth is thought about prior to it coming out. For everything he does and says, there is a reason behind it. And ultimately, everything he does for this club is for the benefit of Rochdale Football Club. I've always thought he's a little like Jose Mourinho in that respect. Mourinho is an expert in deflecting any attention his players might get by putting himself in the way,

F.E.A.R - For Everything A Reason.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:13 - Mar 17 with 1788 viewsnordenblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:46 - Mar 17 by MoonyDale

I was one of the 1900 and I sure as hell didn't expect us to win 8 - 0, nobody puts words in my mouth not even Hill. And it's every opportunity to have a dig at the fans. If he can have a pop then I can and will pop back, get over it,......

For heaven sake dont mention Josh Lillis,ddb will require medical attention
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:17 - Mar 17 with 1782 viewsBrierls

I'm stunned by this thread. Genuinely stunned. This bandwagon (and that is exactly what it is) of criticising Hilly for anything you can lay your hands on is the biggest act of cutting off your nose to spite your face that I have ever seen.

This has gone beyond a few gripes about comments in any interview, or simply having an opinion, it has turned into a witch hunt of the most successful manager and board we have ever witnessed at this football club.

I'm embarassed to be a Dale fan right now, and it has absolutely nothing to do with any employee of the club. I'm absolutely gutted to feel that way.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:20 - Mar 17 with 1773 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:52 - Mar 17 by beat_the_bishop

I don't like him. But I haven't said that what he has done for Dale isn't remarkable. It clearly is!

The point is, we live in present. I don't care about Coleman, I don't care about Barrow, or any of the mentioned. I also don't care about the past. We can't constantly say 'yes but think of all the bad times'. Do you encourage recovering drug addicts of alcoholics to 'reminisce' on the bad times to appreciate the good times? I don't ever think 'I can stomach this woeful performance, simply because it could be worse we could have Paul Simpson at the helm'. To me it's been and gone, I only focus on the current situation and the debate is about the current situation- we have more to offer but we aren't bothering to offer it.

The dale fans on the whole, especially the older generation are very easy pleased. If you are happy with mid-tableness then that's fine. Some love the idea of the youth products and continuously say 'yes but look at what the academy is producing, we should be happy with this season for that alone'. I love that they are doing well, but that will continue whether it be in League Two, One or Championship.

The point is, we were/are two quality signings away from a top 6 challenge. Which ever way you like to cover that up, it's the truth and deep down we all know it. But we have failed to capitalise. Which has on a personal level, knocked the stuffing out of me.

Add to that the comments he has made. It felt like a kick while I was down.

Talking Sutty, I'm fully behind your views. And others for the matter.

Well I am 50 yrs old now and before long will be 6ft under. History suggests we won't get many chances to have a pop at the league one play offs never mind actually ending up in the Championship, to pick and choose and just dismiss it on a whim seems incredible to me.

I envisage in years to come looking back on this season and saying, 'Do you remember when we had a chance of getting into the Championship and decided after 115 years of existence that it was too early'
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 19:22]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:21 - Mar 17 with 1768 viewsColDale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:55 - Mar 17 by SteTsGoldenBoot

No Col, not promotion at all cost, we paid Matty Done a wage, he left, we saved that wage. Its not about even dipping into the money we received, re-invest some of MD's wage and keep the dream alive.

It has been open house on the fans from KH in both spells at the club, just because some are fed up of it and say so on a fans message board is not a crime. He can say what he feels but we cant?

KH and the board have chosen to make it a flat season and have stopped doing their best!

That's why people are fed up!

no one at any stage has ever said people can't say what they are saying. It's simply an opposing view. it's very clear that freedom of speech is allowed for one and all.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:24 - Mar 17 with 1753 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:21 - Mar 17 by ColDale

no one at any stage has ever said people can't say what they are saying. It's simply an opposing view. it's very clear that freedom of speech is allowed for one and all.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Correct Col, that's the beauty of the forum and because we disagree shouldn't be seen as a personal attack, it would be bloody boring if we where all the same.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:29 - Mar 17 with 1734 viewsColDale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:03 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

You mentioned comments from a fortnight ago as though that's the only one, diluting won't hide the truth Col. Its come to a head because of a few scenarios which seem to have happened in a short period of time.

1. Dones transfer damaged the fans and deflated any expectation. The timing was diabolical, selling to a potential play off rival was diabolical, fannying the fans with the 'ready made replacements' line was a bloody insult really. The first thing I thought when I heard the news was ' we've just sold our play off spot' and that's the truth. In a nutshell it showed the club had no stomach to even attempt to give themselves a good shot of the Play Offs.

2. Hills never been slow to have a dig at the fans in his interviews and he seems to be doing it more and more. I don't expect you to ever criticise Hill Col because you're not that way, but can you explain his 'fans expected us to win 8-0 ' comment after the Crewe game, I assume you were one of the few who made the effort? Don't just brush it off have a go at explaining why he does it please. There are numerous other comments such as Saturday's but we will be here all night.

3. He states to the media he feels flat and De- energised and indicates the seasons over , does that send out the right message to fans? Does it make them want to get out of their armchair and go to the match? It does the opposite at a time when we need as much support as we can muster.

I honestly think Hilly is manipulating unrest between himself and the fans on purpose, he doesn't want his situation at Rochdale to be viewed as a marriage made in heaven so he causes friction with his comments, why else would he do it?? I have a good memory and this was Hills Modus Operandi in his first spell. Before long the door will knock and he will move on to pastures new, it's the way he goes about it that I don't like.

Picking a fight with the fans is one he will never win because the majority aren't shrinking violets who will role over and let him speak about the fanbase as though they are something he has picked up on his shoe. This thread should tell you that, unless you are right and those who are annoyed by his comments are all wrong.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 18:11]

Said previously, that when I heard the interview on the way to work the next morning. I laughed at the Hendo comment, and raised my eyebrows at the 8-0 comment. At no point was I offended by it, hurt by it, felt personally criticised by it or demotivated by it. I certaily didn't see it as picking a fight because if he was doing, it would be repeated time and time again in subsequent interviews as we all know he's not one to let things drop if he feels strongly about it.

And if I did, I'd take the much bigger picture that if it meant having to put up with that sort of interview (at the very most) 3 or 4 times a season, it's worth it given all the countless positives that come our way. I also listened to the Fleetwood interview, and I couldn't even pick out a comment that anyone could be displeased with. If it makes me a shrinking violet to stand unoffended, then so be it.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:33 - Mar 17 with 1715 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:29 - Mar 17 by ColDale

Said previously, that when I heard the interview on the way to work the next morning. I laughed at the Hendo comment, and raised my eyebrows at the 8-0 comment. At no point was I offended by it, hurt by it, felt personally criticised by it or demotivated by it. I certaily didn't see it as picking a fight because if he was doing, it would be repeated time and time again in subsequent interviews as we all know he's not one to let things drop if he feels strongly about it.

And if I did, I'd take the much bigger picture that if it meant having to put up with that sort of interview (at the very most) 3 or 4 times a season, it's worth it given all the countless positives that come our way. I also listened to the Fleetwood interview, and I couldn't even pick out a comment that anyone could be displeased with. If it makes me a shrinking violet to stand unoffended, then so be it.

I think there's one thing that is firmly established on this forum. Certain people revel in being offended.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Login to get fewer ads

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:33 - Mar 17 with 1715 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:29 - Mar 17 by ColDale

Skin like a rhinoceros , not everybody's the same,as you would have gleaned by the response to this thread.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 19:38]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:35 - Mar 17 with 1700 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:33 - Mar 17 by BigDaveMyCock

I think there's one thing that is firmly established on this forum. Certain people revel in being offended.

It could be worse, we could mention your defeat at Turf Moor but we haven't.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:44 - Mar 17 with 1666 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:35 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

It could be worse, we could mention your defeat at Turf Moor but we haven't.

I was going to go on the Man City forum and declare that Manuel Pelligrini's comments have offended me to such an extent that I've become a Rochdale fan. However, given that I'm not a great big wet drip I haven't.

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:54 - Mar 17 with 1642 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:44 - Mar 17 by BigDaveMyCock

I was going to go on the Man City forum and declare that Manuel Pelligrini's comments have offended me to such an extent that I've become a Rochdale fan. However, given that I'm not a great big wet drip I haven't.

David lose the anger, this isn't a personal thing. I don't know any of the fans who are offended so wouldn't know wether they are a drip or not, you're funny.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:00 - Mar 17 with 1605 views442Dale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:33 - Mar 17 by BigDaveMyCock

What if we're not offended, but bored by the repetitive nature of it?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:12 - Mar 17 with 1566 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:00 - Mar 17 by 442Dale

Eeeeeerrrrrrrr.......don't listen to it??

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:18 - Mar 17 with 1527 viewsD_Alien

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:00 - Mar 17 by 442Dale

Or just shooting himself in the foot.

I've got a new mantra, to replace "Expectations"

"Unnecessary"

It's all just so unnecessary KH. And if anyone thinks he's a genius at mind games, you're just fools. He's not. If anything, I suspect he just finds it difficult to cope with the "hero" status that people such as Brierls would like to confer on him. See Brierls, it's your f*cking fault!

[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 20:19]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:19 - Mar 17 with 1520 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:12 - Mar 17 by BigDaveMyCock

Eeeeeerrrrrrrr.......don't listen to it??

If you get chance, watch your telly and look at the state of Blackpools pitch, it's terrible.They are losing 1-0 again.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:20 - Mar 17 with 1512 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:54 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

David lose the anger, this isn't a personal thing. I don't know any of the fans who are offended so wouldn't know wether they are a drip or not, you're funny.

Thanks, I'm also sexy as well. Top tip, the ladies don't go for miserable whiners.

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:26 - Mar 17 with 1477 viewsD_Alien

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:20 - Mar 17 by BigDaveMyCock

Thanks, I'm also sexy as well. Top tip, the ladies don't go for miserable whiners.

If I was homosexual, I'll be turned on by that

But I'm not

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:27 - Mar 17 with 1470 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:20 - Mar 17 by BigDaveMyCock

The fact you have a face like a blind cobblers thumb isn't holding you back then? How are you feeling about your trip to the Camp Nou, are you confident?
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:30 - Mar 17 with 1447 viewsaleanddale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:17 - Mar 17 by Brierls

I'm stunned by this thread. Genuinely stunned. This bandwagon (and that is exactly what it is) of criticising Hilly for anything you can lay your hands on is the biggest act of cutting off your nose to spite your face that I have ever seen.

This has gone beyond a few gripes about comments in any interview, or simply having an opinion, it has turned into a witch hunt of the most successful manager and board we have ever witnessed at this football club.

I'm embarassed to be a Dale fan right now, and it has absolutely nothing to do with any employee of the club. I'm absolutely gutted to feel that way.

Don't be embarrassed.

I have not seen much to suggest hilly is not held in high esteem...

Just a growing band who didn't like - took offence to certain comment.. It's not against the rules to say hang on a minute!! We will all be here long after hill has gone...

Hopefully after we have had a try in the championship and several years in league 1.

Hendo!!! Yesssss!!!!!!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:34 - Mar 17 with 1430 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:27 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

The fact you have a face like a blind cobblers thumb isn't holding you back then? How are you feeling about your trip to the Camp Nou, are you confident?

Very much so, when I'm not being too fookin sexy. You'll be listening to HIlly's post-match interview for the 15th time desperately seeking something to be offended by no doubt?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:36 - Mar 17 with 1414 viewsD_Alien

God I love this forum

#ForumLove

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:38 - Mar 17 with 1402 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:17 - Mar 17 by Brierls

How can anybody who resides on the Amber and Black forum be embarassed. Anything you say as to be treated with the contempt it deserves. Look at the tripe posted on that place before you have the audacity to preach to others. We don't agree with you now deal with it. Stunned, stunned ,stunned.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:39 - Mar 17 with 1387 viewsMoonyDale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:34 - Mar 17 by BigDaveMyCock

Very much so, when I'm not being too fookin sexy. You'll be listening to HIlly's post-match interview for the 15th time desperately seeking something to be offended by no doubt?

Go on i'll bite, be rude not to....With any luck we won't have to listen to any post-match ramblings if he keeps his mouth shut and says nowt...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:44 - Mar 17 with 1359 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:39 - Mar 17 by MoonyDale

Go on i'll bite, be rude not to....With any luck we won't have to listen to any post-match ramblings if he keeps his mouth shut and says nowt...

No, you won't have to listen to his post match interviews if you don't actively seek out his post match interviews.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024