Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin you legend! 16:56 - May 14 with 4801 views08olesen

Sorry if this has been posted before, i could not find anything.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-striker-charlie-austin-

He said he will not put up a fuss if he is not sold and report to training in the championship. Now i understand that this should be the minimum requirement, but when you see the attitude of SWP, Adel, Zarate, Traore and the rest of the 'bad eggs' it is very refreshing.

He is the only player a part from Green who has played well IMO. Yet they are the two who have made the most effort to reassure Rs fans that there is hope.

TF and co need to realise what the plan will be. If we are realistically challenging for the championship (unlikely under Ramsey) then its worth keeping Austin and running the risk of losing him like Ings. Otherwise 12+ million should be his price. He is still young and would do a job for Southampton or Everton!

I for one will be giving him lots of support against the Geordie lot. A humble bloke who clearly likes and respects the fans.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Austin you legend! on 17:02 - May 14 with 4763 viewsBklynRanger

Wish we'd had 11 of that beautiful bastard this season.
Austin you legend! on 17:34 - May 14 with 4656 viewsLblock

Agent - "Charlie? Hello mate, Jimmy Snake your agent here"

Charlie - "Alrite mate? Whatchya got for me?"

Agent - "We're in clover son. You've done good first season at the big trough and the phone is off the hook. Laughing all the way to Big Bank Hank geeza! Year left on your Contract so come January we can go pre-contract and have large slice of signing on fee pizza or sit tight, no transfer request, that circus you're at will have to sell and we can.... you guess it... a large slice of paid up your contract pizza!! Happy days!"

Charlie - "Nice one"

Agent - "Safe"

buuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Austin you legend! on 17:38 - May 14 with 4634 viewsoddball

i hope the fella gets a good club.he deserves that.better than been stuck in this lunatic asylum.
Austin you legend! on 19:51 - May 14 with 4335 viewsHollowayRanger

id be more impressed if he signed a new contract

way things stand he can leave for free end of next season ,which makes it very hard for QPR to keep him

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Austin you legend! on 20:05 - May 14 with 4293 viewsNoDiddley

Some of his best mates come & watch him regularly & drink with a crowd of us in the WH.
Asked his 'best' mate the other week "where do you think he'll go?"
Reply was quite simply "Where the most money is" Got a daughter, bought a new house etc
That's fom the horse's mouth..................
Austin you legend! on 20:05 - May 14 with 4289 viewsQPRinCT

Austin you legend! on 17:02 - May 14 by BklynRanger

Wish we'd had 11 of that beautiful bastard this season.

Haha -- beautiful bastard! Like that. And I agree.
Austin you legend! on 20:12 - May 14 with 4265 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Austin you legend! on 19:51 - May 14 by HollowayRanger

id be more impressed if he signed a new contract

way things stand he can leave for free end of next season ,which makes it very hard for QPR to keep him

"He said he will not put up a fuss if he is not sold and report to training in the championship."

£15m or another season with him? He's worth more than £15m for a season in the Championship to get us back up. We only paid £4m for him and I'd rather he saw out his contract and went on a free than we sell now for less than £25m. Yes, £25m...
Austin you legend! on 20:25 - May 14 with 4217 viewsaston_hoop

Austin you legend! on 20:12 - May 14 by Hoop_Du_Jour

"He said he will not put up a fuss if he is not sold and report to training in the championship."

£15m or another season with him? He's worth more than £15m for a season in the Championship to get us back up. We only paid £4m for him and I'd rather he saw out his contract and went on a free than we sell now for less than £25m. Yes, £25m...

Won't put up a fuss? Bloody right he won't. It has to come something when we have to applaud someone for doing their job in a professional way, just goes to show some of the wasters we have and have had at this club in the last few years.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Austin you legend! on 20:27 - May 14 with 4213 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Austin you legend! on 20:25 - May 14 by aston_hoop

Won't put up a fuss? Bloody right he won't. It has to come something when we have to applaud someone for doing their job in a professional way, just goes to show some of the wasters we have and have had at this club in the last few years.

Damned straight!
Austin you legend! on 20:46 - May 14 with 4151 viewsbacardiinbrissie

I read another post where he had actually given his agents first and surname...seems the only thing he forgot wa the phone number!

He's gone. Thanks Chaz and good luck with the rest of your career at a decently run club. Definately no hard feelings :)
Austin you legend! on 20:58 - May 14 with 4107 viewsdaveB

He's saying the right things and being professional, he knows he'll get to move but if he kicks up a fuss like Jermaine Defoe did at West Ham he'll look a prat if no one comes in for him
Austin you legend! on 22:20 - May 14 with 3947 viewsactonman

I'm going in to work tomorrow and planning on doing the same for the next few years. I give 100 % (most days) and like to think I'm good at what I do, But............

If someone turns up tonight and offers me more money and a better work environment with benefits , I'm afraid the boss would be getting called and told he can come and pick their cnting van up whenever he likes ( I might even leave the keys for him )

Austin you legend! on 22:29 - May 14 with 3921 viewsCiderwithRsie

Austin you legend! on 20:05 - May 14 by NoDiddley

Some of his best mates come & watch him regularly & drink with a crowd of us in the WH.
Reply was quite simply "Where the most money is" Got a daughter, bought a new house etc

No problem with that, so long as he's professional in the meantime.

I'd love him to stay, but he has never claimed to be a lifelong fan, he's done all that was asked of him, and he is close to his peak as a player - if he wants to win trophies and have an international career he really shouldn't spend another season with us in the Championship, especially as the chances of us being a Premier League club in 2016-17 don't look better than 50:50.

And if he didn't want to win trophies or play international football, chances are he wouldn't be this good. Being a nice guy isn't enough on it's own - look at Chris Ramsey.
Austin you legend! on 03:47 - May 15 with 3709 viewsBushman

Anyone think his dodgy knee will be a deal breaker as it was for Hull for potential interested clubs?

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Austin you legend! on 10:15 - May 15 with 3522 viewswestberksr

Austin you legend! on 20:05 - May 14 by NoDiddley

i'm similarly connected and have the same info. can't blame the guy and he's doing it in as nice a way as possible....

also, if he stays next year and we run the contract down he'll be signed up in January for mega bucks as a free agent; no lose situation for him. Without the £10-14m fee he can pretty much ask whatever he wants and will get it.

will be gone though to a mid table club where he'll get regualr gametime and hopefullt avoid playign with a load of shit players like he has this year.
Austin you legend! on 10:25 - May 15 with 3494 viewsfakekerby

I'd do everything to keep him here at least one more season.

Offer him a massive promotion incentive or a new 2 year deal on more wages with a release clause should a certain amount be bid.

I don't know how financially screwed we are but with all the players leaving some of that should go Charlie's way to keep him here.
Austin you legend! on 10:44 - May 15 with 3457 viewsLowerloftLad

Fulham had a big name striker last season and just survived next season is a hold tight battle season even with Charlie's goals

Remy even said he would have been happy to stay and still went but it was so obvious he would leave charlie is leaving but saying it in a nice way because he is a professional and a down to earth nice guy but he won't be with QPR come the opening day v mk dons
[Post edited 15 May 2015 10:46]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Austin you legend! on 10:59 - May 15 with 3415 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Or we could sell him for £10-15m and try to find another 'Austin' for £4m. In the situation we are in I would find it very hard to turn down anything £10m+. I don't think we will go up even with him in the team next season, and so letting him go on a free would be scandalous

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Austin you legend! on 12:19 - May 15 with 3332 viewsfakekerby

Austin you legend! on 10:59 - May 15 by RANGERS4EVER

Or we could sell him for £10-15m and try to find another 'Austin' for £4m. In the situation we are in I would find it very hard to turn down anything £10m+. I don't think we will go up even with him in the team next season, and so letting him go on a free would be scandalous

Do you trust the club to find another Austin?

I mean lets face the facts, we really wanted to waste that cash on Gary Hooper!!
Austin you legend! on 12:24 - May 15 with 3317 viewsQPunkR

Austin you legend! on 10:59 - May 15 by RANGERS4EVER

So where are all these amazing 20+ goals for under £4m players? If there were that many banging about I'd say go for it, but look at what's available and bear in mind we've got precisely 0 scouting knowledge at the Club to find a gem from elsewhere

QPR - "shit but local"

Austin you legend! on 12:28 - May 15 with 3300 viewsYorkRanger

I expect him to go and personally I'd take the £15m that he will generate.

If you look at the strikers in the Championship, Rhodes, Gestede, Murphy, Bamford, Gray (at Brentford), Hooper - there should be opportunities to replace him with plenty of change.

I would then supplement that person with a couple from the lower divisions and possibly (sorry Disco) keep Zamora for one more year...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024