Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If yo're an England cricket fan...... 11:52 - May 21 with 5459 viewsjohnhoop

Probably best not to tune in to the horror show that's taking place at Lord's at the moment. England 25-3 against the Kiwis.
If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 12:03 - May 21 with 5427 viewsdanehoop

Four down now

Never knowingly understood

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 12:03 - May 21 with 5427 viewsaston_hoop

I'm coming back to England for a couple of days at the 2nd test up in Leeds. At least the beer will be good I guess. Bell gone too now, 30-4.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 12:11 - May 21 with 5391 viewsdaveB

No shock, England are in for a very miserable summer
If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 13:35 - May 21 with 5274 viewsjohnhoop

113-4 at lunch, with an excellent counter attack from Root and Stokes. Really glad now that I didn't follow my initial inclination and switch off in disgust when the 4th wicket went down. Root, in particular, is in amazing touch at the moment.
If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 13:52 - May 21 with 5224 viewsNov77

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 13:35 - May 21 by johnhoop

113-4 at lunch, with an excellent counter attack from Root and Stokes. Really glad now that I didn't follow my initial inclination and switch off in disgust when the 4th wicket went down. Root, in particular, is in amazing touch at the moment.

R.I.(k)P

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 14:22 - May 21 with 5203 viewsQPR1882

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 13:52 - May 21 by Nov77

R.I.(k)P

In Pietersens last 10 test innings for England he scored over 50 twice, and only 6 times in his last 20 knocks with one ton in that 20 innings.

Why does everyone thing KP is the answer to our problems ? Our problem is sticking with some of the old players and not brining in youngsters like the Aussies do, we never heard them crying for Pontings return.
If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 14:32 - May 21 with 5179 viewsdaveB

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 14:22 - May 21 by QPR1882

In Pietersens last 10 test innings for England he scored over 50 twice, and only 6 times in his last 20 knocks with one ton in that 20 innings.

Why does everyone thing KP is the answer to our problems ? Our problem is sticking with some of the old players and not brining in youngsters like the Aussies do, we never heard them crying for Pontings return.

he's not the answer but might as well pick him to stop people moaning about it
If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 17:17 - May 21 with 5097 viewsderbyhoop

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 14:32 - May 21 by daveB

he's not the answer but might as well pick him to stop people moaning about it

A bit like having Shearer as Newcastle manager. Took 8 games before everybody realised he wasn't a manager.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 17:51 - May 21 with 5060 viewsrobith

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 14:22 - May 21 by QPR1882

Exactly. England's problem is the openers not the middle order. And the lack of a suitable replacement for Swann.

Also he's 35. He comes in and maybe scores some runs. Great, then what will Eng do in 2 years time? Even next year as his knee isn't in great touch.

Scoring a triple is not to be sneered at in any form, but pardon me if I don't wet my pants after a big score against an attack that's not won in 2 years during which he was dropped 5 times.

Plus he's a bell end. Text oppo telling them how to get his team mate out. Let him rot. When Piers Morgan is your biggest cheer leader maybe it's time to re-evaluate your life
If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 19:53 - May 21 with 4996 viewsRanger78

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 17:51 - May 21 by robith

Exactly. England's problem is the openers not the middle order. And the lack of a suitable replacement for Swann.

Also he's 35. He comes in and maybe scores some runs. Great, then what will Eng do in 2 years time? Even next year as his knee isn't in great touch.

Scoring a triple is not to be sneered at in any form, but pardon me if I don't wet my pants after a big score against an attack that's not won in 2 years during which he was dropped 5 times.

Plus he's a bell end. Text oppo telling them how to get his team mate out. Let him rot. When Piers Morgan is your biggest cheer leader maybe it's time to re-evaluate your life

Bang on
If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 20:02 - May 21 with 4979 viewsAntti_Heinola

Unfortunately, that's not the point anymore. It was the point, and a very good one. But then the ECB opened the door again and set it all off once more. Absolute imbeciles. If you're going to pick your best batsman, you have to pick him. There are a million reasons why not to pick him, but that should have been made clear rather than doing what Graves did and giving KP and his fans hope again. If you say 'if he gets runs at county level, we'll have to consider him' then he gets 350, you look a bit of a pr!ck to then say you're not picking him for other reasons.

Personally, I agree we have to move on and hopefully now we will. And I'll still refrain from making big judgements about test matches until about Day 4 - sessions, even whole days can make total mugs out of punters getting too upset/far too confident. Great comeback today!

Bare bones.

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 08:30 - May 22 with 4831 viewsDWQPR

Bloody typical, usually go to the first day of the first Lords test of the summer but a combination of an earlier date and not checking the dates against going on holiday means i missed what seems to have been a great days cricket.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 08:31 - May 22 with 4823 viewstimcocking

England Cricket management is exceptionally similar to QPR management methinks...
If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 17:32 - May 25 with 4547 viewsRanger78

Well, what a turn around that's been!!

Well played
If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 18:22 - May 25 with 4492 viewswgchoop

Brilliant 5 days of cricket by both teams,mind u just shows how things change and people's comments change over just 5 days,that wouldn't happen about 10 months of football on here would it...........??
If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 19:50 - May 25 with 4414 viewsflynnbo

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 18:22 - May 25 by wgchoop

Brilliant 5 days of cricket by both teams,mind u just shows how things change and people's comments change over just 5 days,that wouldn't happen about 10 months of football on here would it...........??

Just back. Good end to a miserable last week. Passed many happy Canaries on tube and motorway. Can't believe that was us last year.
If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 20:17 - May 25 with 4380 viewsBlackCrowe

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 19:50 - May 25 by flynnbo

Just back. Good end to a miserable last week. Passed many happy Canaries on tube and motorway. Can't believe that was us last year.

Also just back. People's days...adults £20, kids free and a cracking day's entertainment.

loads of play-off supporters on the tube and trains, Canaries seemed muted and Boro seemed chirpy - v strange.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 20:34 - May 25 with 4360 viewsDWQPR

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 20:17 - May 25 by BlackCrowe

Also just back. People's days...adults £20, kids free and a cracking day's entertainment.

loads of play-off supporters on the tube and trains, Canaries seemed muted and Boro seemed chirpy - v strange.

Maybe the Naaaarrrrrggge supporters have just realised that they have a shìt season ahead of them and the Boro' lot have realised that they have just escaped a shït season and can enjoy another year in the Championship.

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 20:43 - May 25 with 4329 viewsBlackCrowe

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 20:34 - May 25 by DWQPR

Maybe the Naaaarrrrrggge supporters have just realised that they have a shìt season ahead of them and the Boro' lot have realised that they have just escaped a shït season and can enjoy another year in the Championship.

It was utterly bizarre DW....there was no telling who'd won it.

Anyway the day at Lords was sublime and made me feel heaps better about my current sporting life.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 21:13 - May 25 with 4276 views18StoneOfHoop

What a match! both teams going for it from the off. Great generous words from Kiwi Captain Brendan McCullum after,the antithesis of always graceless Mourinho. After our Goddamn awful bloody season from hell, this and the splendid Six Nations championship restores one's failing faith in sport.
This young Wood looks well promising..nearly 90mph fast hard deck skidder,reminds me a bit of 2005 taffy Simon Jones. Ginger Stokes what an over!.. on verge of hat-trick. Looking all-rounder rip-roaring Freddyesque. 5 fullhouses $20 on last day for adults and nowt for under 16s...this is sport as we wanna see it.

Ex-England batsman Ed Smith on Test Match Special
"It was one of the best Test matches of the modern era. Sometimes a great story needs a great ending and the look on Moeen's face after that fantastic catch was a mixture of joy, innocence and hopefulness."
Perhaps more importantly, a thrilling display will do much to boost public affection for an England side who have endured 18 months of turmoil on and off the field and were playing their first Test since the sacking of coach Peter Moores.

Fascinating imaginative new coach appointment too.
[Post edited 25 May 2015 22:36]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 22:06 - May 25 with 4217 viewsderbyhoop

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 20:43 - May 25 by BlackCrowe

Anyway the day at Lords was sublime and made me feel heaps better about my current sporting life.

When any non cricket follower asks the question, and they do "Who's winning?" you can always reply none of them until it's finished, as you can never tell.

Not always, but often enough, cricket matches can turn about face in next to no time.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 22:26 - May 25 with 4180 viewsCHUBBS

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 21:13 - May 25 by 18StoneOfHoop

What a match! both teams going for it from the off. Great generous words from Kiwi Captain Brendan McCullum after,the antithesis of always graceless Mourinho. After our Goddamn awful bloody season from hell, this and the splendid Six Nations championship restores one's failing faith in sport.
This young Wood looks well promising..nearly 90mph fast hard deck skidder,reminds me a bit of 2005 taffy Simon Jones. Ginger Stokes what an over!.. on verge of hat-trick. Looking all-rounder rip-roaring Freddyesque. 5 fullhouses $20 on last day for adults and nowt for under 16s...this is sport as we wanna see it.

Ex-England batsman Ed Smith on Test Match Special
"It was one of the best Test matches of the modern era. Sometimes a great story needs a great ending and the look on Moeen's face after that fantastic catch was a mixture of joy, innocence and hopefulness."
Perhaps more importantly, a thrilling display will do much to boost public affection for an England side who have endured 18 months of turmoil on and off the field and were playing their first Test since the sacking of coach Peter Moores.

Fascinating imaginative new coach appointment too.
[Post edited 25 May 2015 22:36]

Good post stoner,a fantastic advert for test cricket and the reason i missed yesterdays hammering.
In fact i'd go as far as to say that was one of the best test matches i've ever witnessed played in the sort of honest determined manner you rarely see on the football pitch now days.
As much as i love Rangers,i'll take this all day long.
If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 22:39 - May 25 with 4157 viewsflynnbo

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 22:26 - May 25 by CHUBBS

Good post stoner,a fantastic advert for test cricket and the reason i missed yesterdays hammering.
In fact i'd go as far as to say that was one of the best test matches i've ever witnessed played in the sort of honest determined manner you rarely see on the football pitch now days.
As much as i love Rangers,i'll take this all day long.

Let's hope he can wind up the team so that all runs like clockwork in time for the Ashes.
If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 22:55 - May 25 with 4142 viewsDWQPR

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 20:43 - May 25 by BlackCrowe

Blackcrowe I am utterly jealous. I am in Tenerife and have been since day one and have been 'watching' it via the cricinfo site text service which has been very quick and very good but without the chance of finding a live radio stream anywhere. A fantastic five days of cricket and before anybody says English cricket is back, this test could have swung either way even on the last day and we could have equally been bemoaning an English defeat, albeit to what I believe against a team that currently has the best fast bowling attack in the world and the premier fast bowler in Trent Boult and a team that's batters could take a game away from you in one session. But it was a great win and something to build on. Just shows what can be achieved when allowing players to play their game without inhibition. This test would not have been out of place in the 2005 Ashes series, which for me was the greatest five match series ever.

If yo're an England cricket fan...... on 04:33 - May 26 with 4068 viewstimcocking

What a match!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024