Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye Bye Joey 14:41 - May 27 with 17999 viewsMaggsinho

New deals for Ale, Clint and maybe Karl Henry
Bye Bye Joey on 15:26 - May 27 with 3879 views1BobbyHazell

No surprises really, I wouldn't have minded Barton staying but no biggie.

Not happy that Karl '3 relegations in 4 seasons' Henry might be staying. Just about acceptable when you need players to chase after vastly superior technicians in the top flight but his lack of ability on the ball is a severe handicap to any team attempting to play football.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 15:27]
Bye Bye Joey on 15:31 - May 27 with 3830 viewsAitch

Not sorry to see the back of any of that lot. Barton, Dunne & Zamora all put in the effort on the pitch but the law of diminishing returns says it's time to say adios.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Bye Bye Joey on 15:32 - May 27 with 3814 viewsNov77

Bye Bye Joey on 15:26 - May 27 by 1BobbyHazell

No surprises really, I wouldn't have minded Barton staying but no biggie.

Not happy that Karl '3 relegations in 4 seasons' Henry might be staying. Just about acceptable when you need players to chase after vastly superior technicians in the top flight but his lack of ability on the ball is a severe handicap to any team attempting to play football.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 15:27]

agree about henry, very limited player, would rather he went too.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Bye Bye Joey on 15:32 - May 27 with 3810 viewsMelakaRanger

The start of the clearout. Brilliant news.
Bye Bye Joey on 15:34 - May 27 with 3783 viewsDiscodroids

GreyFrairs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!unleash the power of the 3 frame gif..

glad to see the back of medicine ball head dunne as well.
not glad to see the remedial karl henry at w12 for another season , skiping along the turf like steve martins 'the jerk.'
[Post edited 27 May 2015 15:45]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Bye Bye Joey on 15:35 - May 27 with 3789 viewsBathRanger

The way it is worded on the official site, it sounds like there is a clause in Henry's contract that allows him to stay for another season if he wants to:

"Karl Henry has until June 30th to exercise his contractual option for a further year."

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/hill-faurlin-new-contract-six-players-released
Bye Bye Joey on 15:37 - May 27 with 3767 viewsparker64

Fantastic news. No more Barton. Deep deep joy. Everything that is wrong with the club. Got that off my chest!
Bye Bye Joey on 15:46 - May 27 with 3697 viewsGloucs_R

I estimate thats £245,000 off the weekly wage bill.
Plus another £140k for the loanees.

So thats £20m off the annual wage bill

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Bye Bye Joey on 15:51 - May 27 with 3654 viewsMedwayR

Bye Bye Joey on 15:46 - May 27 by Gloucs_R

So what's the wage bill down to now?

£40m? £50m???

Poll: Who’s better?

Bye Bye Joey on 15:52 - May 27 with 3646 viewsJuzzie

Bye Bye Joey on 15:22 - May 27 by HollowayRanger

i liked barton but not at £60,000 a week

£25,000 should have been his level and thats what i would have offered him to stay

shame about dunne lot depends on max elmer if he stays other wise we will be short at c/b

I wouldn't have even offer him that.

He's earned a fortune (£13m?) off of us for being bang average with a few good games. How many of the 99 games can anyone say have been good.... 10-15 at the most?

I'm glad he's gone, he's no way been anything near VFM.
Bye Bye Joey on 15:52 - May 27 with 3641 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I am well happy too, though I like Dunne and don't mind Barton.

Happy Sir Clinton is staying.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Bye Bye Joey on 15:54 - May 27 with 3598 viewsDiscodroids

one down two to go.... any news on beau brummel or hans peter traore??

take them down...and may the lord have no mercy on their souls.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Bye Bye Joey on 16:27 - May 27 with 3444 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Bye Bye Joey on 15:54 - May 27 by Discodroids

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-axe-10---offer-9

"Brian Murphy, Richard Dunne, Rio Ferdinand, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Joey Barton and Bobby Zamora will all depart when their contracts expire on June 30th.

In addition, Mauricio Isla, Niko Kranjcar, Eduardo Vargas and Mauro Zarate have all returned to their parent clubs."
Bye Bye Joey on 16:28 - May 27 with 3436 viewsQPR1882

Can i take it you have not accounted for the wages of the players we will have to get to replace those that have left in your extra £20m a year ?
Bye Bye Joey on 16:30 - May 27 with 3424 viewsNorthernr

Bye Bye Joey on 16:28 - May 27 by QPR1882

Can i take it you have not accounted for the wages of the players we will have to get to replace those that have left in your extra £20m a year ?

Well I wouldn't put it past QPR, but I doubt they're in the market for mediocre, badly behaved, 30+ midfielders on £65k a week by way of replacements.
Bye Bye Joey on 16:30 - May 27 with 3091 viewsHunterhoop

Bye Bye Joey on 15:54 - May 27 by Discodroids

Niko has gone, Disco. It's at the bottom of the club statement on the offish. All the loanees have returned to their parent clubs: Niko, Zarate, Vargas, Isla.

What a day. Les wielding the broom like He-Man having a spring clean.
Bye Bye Joey on 16:33 - May 27 with 3064 viewsGloucs_R

Bye Bye Joey on 16:28 - May 27 by QPR1882

Strongly suspect we will have a wage cap and structure. Based on the fact we have a new FD, CEO and with FFP hanging over us.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bye Bye Joey on 16:35 - May 27 with 3046 viewsBklynRanger

All those releases make sense to me one way or another.

Would love it if Ale could have a good season for us - nobody would've expected that when he did the ACL again.

Clint's got to be coming back as player/coach I'd have thought.
Bye Bye Joey on 16:43 - May 27 with 2990 viewscorse

another year for hill??? why??? based on last season i would have offered him nothing else than the tea ladies trolly .
and i eat one of my hats if faurlin after two terrible injuries will come any good.
one year for henry i do accept.
Bye Bye Joey on 16:44 - May 27 with 2985 viewsDiscodroids

Bye Bye Joey on 16:27 - May 27 by Hoop_Du_Jour

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-axe-10---offer-9

"Brian Murphy, Richard Dunne, Rio Ferdinand, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Joey Barton and Bobby Zamora will all depart when their contracts expire on June 30th.

In addition, Mauricio Isla, Niko Kranjcar, Eduardo Vargas and Mauro Zarate have all returned to their parent clubs."

Hes gone,..beau brumells gone ..

ta ta !!

this day is just betting better and better...its entering i the realms of fantasy now,,

all i need now is mica paris to walk through the door dressed as ilsa koch .

just traore to go...

Bye Bye Joey on 16:46 - May 27 with 2979 viewscorse

pain in the ass but i would have kept barton but never let him take another free kick or a corner anymore. good bye and good luck.
zamora. glad to see him go. finally.
Bye Bye Joey on 16:46 - May 27 with 2973 viewsDiscodroids

Bye Bye Joey on 16:30 - May 27 by Hunterhoop

Niko has gone, Disco. It's at the bottom of the club statement on the offish. All the loanees have returned to their parent clubs: Niko, Zarate, Vargas, Isla.

What a day. Les wielding the broom like He-Man having a spring clean.

cheers hunter..im weeping openly like some sort of woman at my desk..oh what a day!!..what a day.

i feel that dull ache in my left bollock drift away.

Bye Bye Joey on 16:47 - May 27 with 2975 viewsdubaistu

Bye Bye Joey on 15:02 - May 27 by Hunterhoop

Fantastic.

Celebration by Kool and the Gang was exactly what entered my head when I read the news too.

This is exactly the right approach. Clear out. The "era" of Barton & SWP is over. Praise the Lord!

If we sign these two young Swindon players, and they actually drop ST prices by, say, £150, then I for one will be delighted with the last month...and I include relegation in that.

The appointment of a good coach to coach the team, Les exercising power as DoF, an apparently experience, competent CEO hired, an ex player as a club ambassador, a clear out of the expensive, old or useless, potentially two new young signings and reasonable ST prices....that would be several large steps to getting back to what we should be as a club. Relegation, in the grand scheme of things, for that transition, would be palatable in my view. I accept I'm probably in the minority.

Feeling positive about QPR.

I'd love to see a non executive board member being a fans representative. Hindsight is a wonderful things but plenty of us had seen the car crash of players coming a mile off.

Don't want to be greedy though.
Bye Bye Joey on 16:56 - May 27 with 2935 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Bye Bye Joey on 16:46 - May 27 by Discodroids

cheers hunter..im weeping openly like some sort of woman at my desk..oh what a day!!..what a day.

i feel that dull ache in my left bollock drift away.

I wonder which of our fresh faced incumbents will become your new whipping boys
Bye Bye Joey on 17:09 - May 27 with 2898 viewsbob566

exactly what's needed to take falcao off united for a year. As sh*** as ours have been i think he's been the biggest waste of space in the premiership ever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024