Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some people are falling out of love with football it seems 13:50 - Aug 9 with 6195 viewsSomersetHoops

This article give good reasons why we are on the right track now with our moderate approach and even gives an example of an ex QPR player as the height of what is bad about football (guess who).

http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/9600342/ive-loved-football-for-decades-now-i

Who's Next?

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 15:54 - Aug 9 with 5996 viewsstowmarketrange

I know what he means.After the initial 25 mins yesterday I was totally bored and apathetic to what was going on out there on the pitch.
Maybe it was the weather,maybe it was the way us fans have been shafted over the last couple of years.All I know is that I wondered why I'd bothered going there in the first place.

That was also about the same time as I said to my daughter that "Charlton are crap and will probably finish in the bottom 3.That was also about the same time that they realised that we weren't all that good either,and started having a go at us.

I'm missing next Saturdays game due to my family holiday,and I can't really say I'm really fussed.
Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 17:37 - Aug 9 with 5846 viewshoof_hearted

Terribly contagious this "tedhendrixitis". The SWP reference in the article makes me think he's a fellow long suffering R's fan.
Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 18:02 - Aug 9 with 5783 viewsLowerloftLad

The last few seasons have felt like clocking in and out out of work going to QPR hence why I didn't bother to renew my season ticket the fans and the players have no connection now which is sad the whole reason i supported QPR was because of that 03/04 season there's nothing like that now.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2015 18:08]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 18:23 - Aug 9 with 5740 viewsWilloW4

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 15:54 - Aug 9 by stowmarketrange

I know what he means.After the initial 25 mins yesterday I was totally bored and apathetic to what was going on out there on the pitch.
Maybe it was the weather,maybe it was the way us fans have been shafted over the last couple of years.All I know is that I wondered why I'd bothered going there in the first place.

That was also about the same time as I said to my daughter that "Charlton are crap and will probably finish in the bottom 3.That was also about the same time that they realised that we weren't all that good either,and started having a go at us.

I'm missing next Saturdays game due to my family holiday,and I can't really say I'm really fussed.

100% agree.. I've been going to Rangers for 43 years, and now I feel totally disinterested to it all...I want the R's to win every game, but my deep love for the club and all that means has wavered to the point where I just can't be bothered.. I'll probably go to a few matches this season, but a rainy cold night at HQ on a Tuesday/ Wednesday night just doesn't appeal anymore. I've been hugely loyal over the decades but I just don't really care that much anymore..to all you home/away fans, I salute you.
Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 23:00 - Aug 9 with 5497 viewsSomersetHoops

I thought long and hard before posting this article as I could see everything it talked about was happening at QPR before this season, but I saw that a decision has been made at QPR to change all that and it may be possible for footballers and managers to once again have a proper relationship with a clubs supporters.

What do we get from our supporter base? Negative, get the manager out and get in a Sam Allardyce type character in on stupid money with expectations of big money transfers type of answer. Its time to realise we've tried that twice and it hasn't worked and it will never work. To criticise CR for not keeping us up with the shambles that Redknapp abandoned with some pathetic excuse when he should have had his nose rubbed into how crap he had become as a manager and fired is unfair.

We need to give our current manager a chance and accept that he is a good coach working for an apparently stupid chairman or CEO or (hopefully not DOF) or whoever it is who makes his job more difficult than it needs to be by slapping unachievable values on players and arranging pathetically hopeless Italian pre season trips without tying down the teams we are supposed to be playing. Without these issues we could have had a settled match fit and complete team ready for our first game in the Championship, but if it carries on like this we will struggle and it won't all be Ramsey's fault.

Who's Next?

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 00:02 - Aug 10 with 5441 viewsstowmarketrange

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 23:00 - Aug 9 by SomersetHoops

I thought long and hard before posting this article as I could see everything it talked about was happening at QPR before this season, but I saw that a decision has been made at QPR to change all that and it may be possible for footballers and managers to once again have a proper relationship with a clubs supporters.

What do we get from our supporter base? Negative, get the manager out and get in a Sam Allardyce type character in on stupid money with expectations of big money transfers type of answer. Its time to realise we've tried that twice and it hasn't worked and it will never work. To criticise CR for not keeping us up with the shambles that Redknapp abandoned with some pathetic excuse when he should have had his nose rubbed into how crap he had become as a manager and fired is unfair.

We need to give our current manager a chance and accept that he is a good coach working for an apparently stupid chairman or CEO or (hopefully not DOF) or whoever it is who makes his job more difficult than it needs to be by slapping unachievable values on players and arranging pathetically hopeless Italian pre season trips without tying down the teams we are supposed to be playing. Without these issues we could have had a settled match fit and complete team ready for our first game in the Championship, but if it carries on like this we will struggle and it won't all be Ramsey's fault.

I'm sorry mate,but after some of the clueless decisions by Ramsey last season,especially HIS choice of bringing on swp at Man City when we were 5-0 down,means that I have very little faith in his ability to stabilise a leaking ship.
Its going to be a long hard season and I hope it doesn't end in the ultimate disaster of another relegation,but after watching the players strolling around again yesterday,it didn't fill me with confidence about our prospects for the next few games.
Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 09:11 - Aug 10 with 5272 viewsMvpeter

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 23:00 - Aug 9 by SomersetHoops

'Just accept he's a good coach.'

Why?

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 09:18 - Aug 10 with 5252 viewsToast_R

This is just the kinda of drivel you expect to read after a poor season of getting our asses handed to us on a regular basis and and a poor first game this term.

Had we survived, things would be rosey still. The fact people are bothering to come on here to vent how much they no longer care would actually indicate they obviously still do. It's like the scorned girlfriend who can't stop talking about her ex.

Now, I know some nice cheese that will compliment your whine...
[Post edited 10 Aug 2015 9:24]
Login to get fewer ads

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 09:24 - Aug 10 with 5229 viewsTheBlob

I'm fed up with being fed shit and being lambasted for complaining about the smell.
That is all.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 09:31 - Aug 10 with 5214 viewsessextaxiboy

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 09:11 - Aug 10 by Mvpeter

'Just accept he's a good coach.'

Why?

Why would Ferdinand in his first boardroom role after studying for just this opportunity appoint some one who he didnt think was up to it . No slagging of Ramsey and his methods from the likes of Barton or Zamora .Austin and Phillips dont seem desperate to get out .. he has respect as a coach from pros in the game . They all can judge a coach better than me .....
Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 10:45 - Aug 10 with 5149 viewsGetMeRangers

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 09:31 - Aug 10 by essextaxiboy

Why would Ferdinand in his first boardroom role after studying for just this opportunity appoint some one who he didnt think was up to it . No slagging of Ramsey and his methods from the likes of Barton or Zamora .Austin and Phillips dont seem desperate to get out .. he has respect as a coach from pros in the game . They all can judge a coach better than me .....

Keep sensible observations out of this. Many here just want to moan. It is probably why they follow QPR... never five minutes away from something to moan about

I am amazed that Levy felt so sorry for CR that he had him coaching youth players at Spuds for ten years. Clearly no good

Turning around the way the club was managed and bought in players (names) to returning to more traditional QPR values and establishing a playing ethos for the club will take time and patience. Personally, I find it exciting and a blessed relief. We will lose games. Some results will be horrible, and some will be just disappointing, like Saturday. I pray that Les and CR are given time to build something that I associate more closely with than the names that were brought in at huge expense and for little reward.

I do not class CR in the same category as Mullery or Hart. Saturday isnt within a hundred miles of a Milk Cup Final I supposedly attended and QPR did not! Those with short memories find it easy to cast criticism. Terry Fenwick on Twitter... the audacity of the man!
Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 12:06 - Aug 10 with 5081 viewsBluce_Ree

Football is c*nt.

I like to think that matches and even seasons don't matter because glory and failure are always fleeting, already gone.

But Chelsea won the whole game. They've won every bit of silverware out there. And we've gotten worse and now we just exist to help prop up the system that gives them everything they've ever wanted.

It's like having an absolute c*nt next door neighbour who used to racially abuse passers-by and generally be a c*nt and now he's won the lottery and has moved in to a mansion and it's your job to clean the toilets. With your face.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 12:14 - Aug 10 with 5063 viewsJamie

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 09:31 - Aug 10 by essextaxiboy

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, isn't that the crux of his detractors argument? That Ramsey is simply a good coach, rather than a manager.
Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 12:14 - Aug 10 with 5063 viewsClive_Anderson

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 12:06 - Aug 10 by Bluce_Ree

Football is c*nt.

I like to think that matches and even seasons don't matter because glory and failure are always fleeting, already gone.

But Chelsea won the whole game. They've won every bit of silverware out there. And we've gotten worse and now we just exist to help prop up the system that gives them everything they've ever wanted.

It's like having an absolute c*nt next door neighbour who used to racially abuse passers-by and generally be a c*nt and now he's won the lottery and has moved in to a mansion and it's your job to clean the toilets. With your face.

Exactly how I feel, when I was a kid I used to hate Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea but that was not too bad because only Arsenal ever won anything. Now the three of them have won 90% of trophies in the last 20 years, what an absolute cunch of bunts.

Mind you I don't mind Arsenal so much these days so expect them to never win a trophy again.
Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 13:02 - Aug 10 with 5006 viewsTacticalR

Is this just about football? Isn't it about a society where the basic things that people need (like houses) have become luxuries?

Air hostess clique

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 13:47 - Aug 10 with 4936 viewsBluce_Ree

Football is c*nt.

C*nts look like these c*nts.

F**king abject c*nts. Look at them. W@nking for p1ss. Dirty scutters.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 15:59 - Aug 11 with 4722 viewsBluce_Ree

At least we're not shooting players yet.

Daft Turkish c*nts. It's just a game you f**king infinite dolts.

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 01:16 - Aug 12 with 4614 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Because he's a mate who fits the right profile and can be controlled from on high.
Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 01:30 - Aug 12 with 4602 viewsPunteR

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 01:16 - Aug 12 by Benny_the_Ball

Because he's a mate who fits the right profile and can be controlled from on high.

your defininalty SOG or Rangers are back .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 01:42 - Aug 12 with 4588 viewsGetMeRangers

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 01:30 - Aug 12 by PunteR

your defininalty SOG or Rangers are back .

And if not, you really should chat with them. You would get on like a house on fire
Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 02:43 - Aug 12 with 4575 viewsnix

Apologies for being Pollyanna but QPR still gives me a lot of pleasure. Sure, lots of heartache and plenty of Saturdays with the miseries. But what a fantastic day out last season against Manchester City with my son as Mascot and on MOTD smiling his head off. I loved shouting and cheering and having my usual heated debates with the regulars in C block.

QPR still feels like a community to me. Sure one which has a bit too much moaning and pessimism for my taste but also humour and support and family.

Maybe some of the players earn too much but no one could say Charlie didn't care in that match - he scored three times before getting on the scoresheet for god's sake!

I'm posting this because I think apathy and dissatisfaction are infectious but so are enthusiasm and excitement. it's early in the season. Let's get behind the team and have some fun again.
Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 05:55 - Aug 12 with 4515 viewsFDC

Some people are falling out of love with football it seems on 02:43 - Aug 12 by nix

Apologies for being Pollyanna but QPR still gives me a lot of pleasure. Sure, lots of heartache and plenty of Saturdays with the miseries. But what a fantastic day out last season against Manchester City with my son as Mascot and on MOTD smiling his head off. I loved shouting and cheering and having my usual heated debates with the regulars in C block.

QPR still feels like a community to me. Sure one which has a bit too much moaning and pessimism for my taste but also humour and support and family.

Maybe some of the players earn too much but no one could say Charlie didn't care in that match - he scored three times before getting on the scoresheet for god's sake!

I'm posting this because I think apathy and dissatisfaction are infectious but so are enthusiasm and excitement. it's early in the season. Let's get behind the team and have some fun again.

Let's get behind the team and have some fun again.

And for me this is so much easier to do when it's a team that is being built with some forethought and direction, with players (and a coach) that we will hopefully get to see progress over time, a team that isn't populated with could-not-give-a-fck, been-there-seen-it-all-got-the-mansion types, a team that is hopefully starting to be run in a way that we can be proud off, not in the way that it has been in recent seasons that were it any other club you'd hate them for it.

I honestly thought this would be the season that some feel-good came back, and I can't quite get my head round the animosity shown by many towards Ramsey and Les. I get the argument that TF may have gone down this road for financial reasons and is trying to sell it off as something else. But this is where we are at, and regardless of the motivation it is surely the right way to be going.

Either way, let us bask in the glory of this cup run we're on.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2015 6:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024