Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St Josephs School Willesden. 19:00 - Sep 22 with 6327 viewsmichael67

My old school on fire. Anybody else went there?
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/firefighters-tackle-blaze-at-willesden-sch

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

St Josephs School Willesden. on 19:50 - Sep 22 with 6284 viewsloftboy

Travelled up to MK today, saw a large use of smoke as the train went past Wembley, wondered what was burning.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

St Josephs School Willesden. on 20:22 - Sep 22 with 6236 viewstommyg01

Yes I went there late 60's early 70's, after a couple of years in the little Red house? Just looked on Google streetmaps and it looks like it's someone's house now. When did Cardinal Hinsley's become Newman Catholic College?
St Josephs School Willesden. on 20:31 - Sep 22 with 6221 viewsmichael67

St Josephs School Willesden. on 20:22 - Sep 22 by tommyg01

Yes I went there late 60's early 70's, after a couple of years in the little Red house? Just looked on Google streetmaps and it looks like it's someone's house now. When did Cardinal Hinsley's become Newman Catholic College?

In the early days, St Josephs was divided between infants in Park Parade and the Red House, the main building is now flats, and the juniors in Leopold Road, where the fire is today. I believe both infants and juniors go to the Leopold Road building.

Cardinal Hinsley turned into Newman Catholic college about 5 years, (I might be wrong) after being such a crap school.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

St Josephs School Willesden. on 20:43 - Sep 22 with 6201 viewstommyg01

Thanks for the explanation Michael, sounds familiar. Can't argue about Cardinal Hinsley's though, unfortunately with Irish parents, I was always going to end up in a Catholic school. My sister got the better deal going to the Convent.
St Josephs School Willesden. on 00:11 - Sep 23 with 6035 viewsSydneyRs

I went to St Josephs, both the Park Parade and Leopold Road schools. I have fonder memories of the place than the schools I went to after we moved away from Harlesden.
St Josephs School Willesden. on 09:51 - Sep 23 with 5902 viewsstonebridgers

I went to St Josephs and remember having to walk down Park Parade from the Red House to the main building for Lunch. I wonder what the Health and Safety brigade would make of 30 children walking down a busy High street with just 2 teachers.
I went to Cardinal Hinsley and left in 83 and at the time it had a better reputation that then Convent but when my sister went there they had got a new head teacher and had a name change and turned it around.

Its sad to see the old St Josephs building burning like that when I went there were 2 schools the Catholic and Non Catholic part but I have not been down that part of Willesden for years.
My old memory might be letting me down but I think St Josephs exterior was used for filming part of the Please Sir/Fenn Street gang series.

Stonebridgers

St Josephs School Willesden. on 09:56 - Sep 23 with 5896 viewsBucks_Ranger

I went to St Josephs too, what a shame this is, I hope they can repair it...

For all my sins I also went to HInsley afterwards! - what a garbage school that was!
St Josephs School Willesden. on 10:03 - Sep 23 with 5890 viewsStanisgod

Me mater and pater both went to Leopold, while I was an Oldfield Rd lad living dead opposite the gates. Passed me 11plus and had a year at Willesden County Grammer (now flats I think ) before moving to Basildon in '67.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024