Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decision to play Bartley 20:38 - Nov 21 with 5797 viewsNewhousemustscore

Last time I saw Bartley get first team action (that I recall) was in January against Blackburn in the FA Cup. In that game his lack of pace was continually exposed by their striker, Josh King. This resulted in Bartley getting sent off as King ran rings around him. Given that the very same Josh King was playing for Bournemouth today it seemed odd to start Bartley in this game. Nothing about Bartley'serformances to date (I also remember against Liverpool away) suggests he should ever start in front if Fernandez or Amat.
Decision to play Bartley on 07:50 - Nov 22 with 1445 viewspencoedjack

Decision to play Bartley on 21:36 - Nov 21 by Clinton

Find a better centre half who's prepared to sit on the bench most of the season. Difficult.
His lack of game time showed, but it's to be expected.
It's unfair to get on his back IMHO.

Jordi Amat

Is the dr Bartleys old man.
Decision to play Bartley on 08:01 - Nov 22 with 1437 viewsDyfnant

Bartleys gash, always has been. Was terrible yesterday with a defensive midfielder in front of him, God forbid we'd played JJS & Ki in front of him like we do with Fernandez.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2015 8:05]

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Decision to play Bartley on 08:13 - Nov 22 with 1411 viewsAngelRangelQS

Decision to play Bartley on 21:55 - Nov 21 by Dr_Winston

The Frenchie has spoken publically and is thus now on Monk's shitlist.

Same reason Siggy was dropped?
Decision to play Bartley on 08:53 - Nov 22 with 1367 viewsNeath_Jack

Decision to play Bartley on 20:47 - Nov 21 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I don't think Bartley playing was a big deal. Bartley, Shmartley.....

It was the overall team performance that was poop. Let's not miss the wood for the trees.

The guy's hardly played 5mins all year and we expect him to be on top of his game against a bright, quick-moving team. Williams was utter gash, but I can't see too many threads about him.

Williams and Fernandez are our best pairing all things being equal - after that there's not much in it. Amat is a decent ball player but crap at most else, Bartley is a physical lump but crap at much else.

Meh.

In amongst a plethora of shite postings, this is the only one that needs to be read.

Spot on.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Decision to play Bartley on 08:56 - Nov 22 with 1365 viewsNeath_Jack

Decision to play Bartley on 21:55 - Nov 21 by Dr_Winston

The Frenchie has spoken publically and is thus now on Monk's shitlist.

Nothing to do with him speaking out, that may be the line that gets trotted out though.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Decision to play Bartley on 09:10 - Nov 22 with 1353 viewslidojack

You can point to Bartley's lack of game time to explain some things, but there is absolutely no excusing the tackle he bottled that led to the first goal.
Decision to play Bartley on 09:18 - Nov 22 with 1341 viewsKilkennyjack

Decision to play Bartley on 09:10 - Nov 22 by lidojack

You can point to Bartley's lack of game time to explain some things, but there is absolutely no excusing the tackle he bottled that led to the first goal.

I agree.

Listen this guy is a million pound player who frankly makes good money by being a squad player watching FF and Ash each week like the rest of us. He is a man, not a young player making his way.

When today he gets another chance and plays pretty poorly, then the fans are going to speak out.

I have never been impressed with him, simply not good enough. League 1 would test him.

Beware of the Risen People

Decision to play Bartley on 10:01 - Nov 22 with 1301 viewsUxbridge

Bartley just isn't very good. Continually caught out of position, useless on the ball, rather slow too, can't read a game very well. Very good in the air, decent in the tackle normally (yesterday aside).

I just don't think he's PL material. To replace Fernandez with him was utterly barking at the time.

Williams, if anything, was even worse.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Decision to play Bartley on 10:13 - Nov 22 with 1291 viewsDafyddHuw

OK. So if you feel you have to drop Fernandez, and you don't think Amat is up to it (to the extent that you'd choose a donkey like Bartley instead), then why not play Ki at cb? He's played there before (not for us).

And whilst on the subject, who gets us players? £8/9M spent in the summer on players now not deemed good enough in November ffs.
Decision to play Bartley on 10:24 - Nov 22 with 1280 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Decision to play Bartley on 02:32 - Nov 22 by JonTheJack

Putting Ash into the same sentence as that excuse for a footballer is nonsense.

Yes Ash didn't look his best today; he is doing what he does when he knows when we're in trouble; tries to carry us all the way and rushes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bartley should be nowhere near a football pitch. He should be more involved in basketball. Totally and utterly useless.

Is it just me being demanding or should Bartley, after having his clearance cannon off Ki into their winger's path made at least a token gesture of effort to stop the resulting cross getting to their forward who then scored? He could have least tried instead of blithely giving up

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Decision to play Bartley on 10:27 - Nov 22 with 1263 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Decision to play Bartley on 10:13 - Nov 22 by DafyddHuw

OK. So if you feel you have to drop Fernandez, and you don't think Amat is up to it (to the extent that you'd choose a donkey like Bartley instead), then why not play Ki at cb? He's played there before (not for us).

And whilst on the subject, who gets us players? £8/9M spent in the summer on players now not deemed good enough in November ffs.

Didn't he plays CB for a spell during the LC final which enabled Monk to have a place on the bench and dumped Bartley out of the squad leading to his bossy fit with Laudrup? Or did I dream it ???

Decision to play Bartley on 10:30 - Nov 22 with 1254 viewsDafyddHuw

Decision to play Bartley on 10:27 - Nov 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Didn't he plays CB for a spell during the LC final which enabled Monk to have a place on the bench and dumped Bartley out of the squad leading to his bossy fit with Laudrup? Or did I dream it ???

I stand corrected.
Decision to play Bartley on 10:31 - Nov 22 with 1245 viewsjasper_T

Decision to play Bartley on 10:27 - Nov 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah, Ki played at CB against Bradford, but didn't have to do any defending. Monk came on after an hour.
Decision to play Bartley on 10:36 - Nov 22 with 1232 viewsdgt73

Bartley was shocking yesterday - like a headless chicken.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Decision to play Bartley on 10:38 - Nov 22 with 1229 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Decision to play Bartley on 10:30 - Nov 22 by DafyddHuw

I stand corrected.

Well that as I said was under very special circumstances, to accommodate Gary Monk. An uncharacteristically sentimental decision by Laudrup, to give Garry the satisfaction of picking up major silverware to be a massive highlight in his career, something he can remember for the rest of his life.

It's a pity Monk forgot all about that when trying to combat "the erosion of the spirit and principles of SCFC". Hmmmm

Decision to play Bartley on 10:40 - Nov 22 with 1206 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Decision to play Bartley on 10:31 - Nov 22 by jasper_T

Yeah, Ki played at CB against Bradford, but didn't have to do any defending. Monk came on after an hour.

Well of course. I don't think Laudrup would have done the same if we were playing a PL side in the final

Decision to play Bartley on 11:10 - Nov 22 with 1161 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Decision to play Bartley on 10:36 - Nov 22 by dgt73

Bartley was shocking yesterday - like a headless chicken.

It's a pity that Chico wasn't such a liability. He could pass quite well, I've even seen him carry the ball out of defence for us to start atteacks. Nobody in the current roster of centre halves can do that.

Decision to play Bartley on 11:20 - Nov 22 with 1146 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Decision to play Bartley on 10:13 - Nov 22 by DafyddHuw

Wow, put Mr Ki, the player who hardly made a tackle all game in the CB position.
What drugs are you on?

I like the short memories that people have on here, wasn't it a certain Jordi Amat that held the defense together with Ash for the whole season before FF came here?
Decision to play Bartley on 11:22 - Nov 22 with 1142 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Decision to play Bartley on 10:24 - Nov 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Is it just me being demanding or should Bartley, after having his clearance cannon off Ki into their winger's path made at least a token gesture of effort to stop the resulting cross getting to their forward who then scored? He could have least tried instead of blithely giving up

He did not give up, he was a bit too slow, which is one of his problems.
But what about the rest of the defense, who was marking King?
Bartley couldn't be in 2 places at the same time.
Decision to play Bartley on 11:27 - Nov 22 with 1126 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Decision to play Bartley on 11:22 - Nov 22 by A_Fans_Dad

He did not give up, he was a bit too slow, which is one of his problems.
But what about the rest of the defense, who was marking King?
Bartley couldn't be in 2 places at the same time.

I know watching it on MOTD isn't the same but he had a chance to at least make the effort. It was his initial clearance, right?

Decision to play Bartley on 11:35 - Nov 22 with 1109 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Decision to play Bartley on 11:27 - Nov 22 by Brynmill_Jack

I know watching it on MOTD isn't the same but he had a chance to at least make the effort. It was his initial clearance, right?

Which Ki, who did not try to tackle Stanislas or manage to get in front of him blocked. Like most of the game the rebound went straight to Stanislas.
That was apparent for most of the game, that Bournemouth had the "Rub of the Green" where 50/50s, rebounds and blocks were concerned.
Which is quite often the way when one side is playing with confidence.
I can remember it happening to the Swans quite often in the past when they played without confidence, the luck goes against you.
Decision to play Bartley on 11:38 - Nov 22 with 1103 viewswildswan

In fairness to Bartley he's not had muchGame time.
Same as Leon. Cork must be first choice though
What's Ashley's excuse ????
Does not want to be out there No leaderShip what so ever
Never seen him look so negative

Agree Monk takes the shite as he picks the team
But those players are letting him and us down at this rate we are going down
only 3 players Wanting to play out there.

Williams especially needs to be dropped, nobody is too big to be dropped
Monk Wake up son Williams can"t be arsed

I'd rather have Bartley Fernandez Kyle & give Frank a run out 4 Taylor as
My back 4. .

Ki was like a minge seen better up Mynydd Newydd yesterday morning
[Post edited 22 Nov 2015 11:47]
Decision to play Bartley on 11:41 - Nov 22 with 1096 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Decision to play Bartley on 11:35 - Nov 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Which Ki, who did not try to tackle Stanislas or manage to get in front of him blocked. Like most of the game the rebound went straight to Stanislas.
That was apparent for most of the game, that Bournemouth had the "Rub of the Green" where 50/50s, rebounds and blocks were concerned.
I can remember it happening to the Swans quite often in the past when they played without confidence, the luck goes against you.

Without confidence or Without alertness and anticipation?

Decision to play Bartley on 11:46 - Nov 22 with 1092 viewsmax936

Decision to play Bartley on 11:35 - Nov 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Ki, had a shocker in the first half, he did improve slightly, but was woefully short all game, should have been subbed for Cork in my honest opinion, but Cork's face doesn't fit for some reason at the moment, Gylfi worked his socks off when he came on in fairness, but maybe a combination of Leon and Cork just ahead of him with either Shelvey/ Gylfi ahead of both might have stopped Bournemouth walking through us.

The only way is up after yesterdays game surely, otherwise we're on a wing and a pray for the rest of the season.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Decision to play Bartley on 12:02 - Nov 22 with 1074 viewsdgt73

Decision to play Bartley on 11:10 - Nov 22 by Brynmill_Jack

It's a pity that Chico wasn't such a liability. He could pass quite well, I've even seen him carry the ball out of defence for us to start atteacks. Nobody in the current roster of centre halves can do that.

What are you talking about

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024