Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parallels with Wolves 2012/13? 22:25 - Jan 1 with 2060 viewsCamberleyR

Anybody else think that this season has got distressing echoes of the season Wolves went down a second successive time? At one time early that season they were in third but by the new year they were 18th. They had also appointed a manager with no experience of the Championship in the summer and was eventually sacked halfway through. For JFH read Dean Saunders?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Parallels with Wolves 2012/13? on 22:30 - Jan 1 with 2024 viewsbillericaydicky

Having supported Rangers for 45 years I know when they are on the rise or on the decline and we are definitely the latter - which I stated at the start of the season, we could do what Fulham almost did last season and go down.

I'm not saying that we will go down, but things will almost certainly have to get worse, much worse, before they improve. We need to continue the clear out and give certain players a chance - Smithies, Luongo, JET, Yun, Gladwin et al.

Hold onto your hats because as we know at Rangers - expect the unexpected.
Parallels with Wolves 2012/13? on 01:18 - Jan 2 with 1849 viewsFredManRave

I don't think we'll go down. I think we/results are going to improve slowly over time, at least enough to stave off relegation. We're 9 points away from the relegation places and there are 6 teams below us that are also outside the relegation places. Basically, unlike last season when we knew we were the worst team in the league let alone one of the worst three, this season I just feel that, despite this poor run, there will still be, at the very least, 3 teams worse than us come the end of the season.

Hope you were still able to have a good day at LR, Camberley, despite the result.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Parallels with Wolves 2012/13? on 08:35 - Jan 2 with 1753 viewsLblock

Conversations were had early in the season when we looked like a bit of free fall was on the cards. The consensus was, if we were to get involved in a relegation dog fight, we were / are ill equipped to deal with it.
Now we are skirting with that dog fight and the evidence of being ill equipped is proudly on display

By the end of this round of fixtures we will possibly be SIX points from the relegation zone with our next league fixture an away game up North. Time to be concerned, very concerned.

We do not have one single leader on the pitch and possibly only two at the club in Clint Hill and Mackie. We are painfully slow and unfit but more concerning is the patent lack of any spirit or gumption.
Our inexperienced Manager seems to have the right ideas on how to play the game but it's not transposing itself to the players and now he's publicly moaning about the lack of fitness

Our goalkeeper is stacking up errors and looks like he could burst into tears at any second; this is a man on probably more that £20k a week and supposed to be one of our senior pro's.
Our first choice full backs and cover at right back are quite simply awful. The number of crosses that came in from both sides yesterday was frightening and both seemed shot to pieces and done for pace and strength numerous times.
Our best centre back is a reasonably raw kid who is playing well but is certainly not a shouter, a bawler or ready to be a leader yet. He does however put the others to shame and his cover is a man whose battered body should be retiring
Our central midfield options are fantastic on paper but unfortunately either rarely on the grass or, when they are playing, are not up to the regular grind of the Championship. Sandro clearly needs to go and take his hefty wages with him. If he was any sort of a man he'd be demanding to play as his ability is clearly there; but he's either always injured or not really bothered (probably both). Tozzer is one paced and a waste of a shirt, Doughty gone off the face of the planet and Luongo inexplicably out of favour. God bless Ale Faurlin but he's looked somewhat a shadow of himself last two appearances. You'd of thought maybe that renowned Dutch International, Languid Fer, might take central midfield by the scruff of the neck and led his lesser players out of the darkness and into the light; but no, picking up large money doesn't involve breaking a sweat in the middle.
Wide options are currently two players who should be burning this league but really only smoulder and caught full light only now and then. Fair play to Junior WC as he's played himself back into the frame as his contract runs down but he is beginning to run down dead ends again. Phillips will I'm sure grab any opportunity to leave (as would most of these players) and he does show in flashes ability to be doing bigger and better things. In flashes.
Forward wise we really are in a pickle. Charlie is our only striker worthy of the description and at a push could be one of those leaders I'm banging on about. He's been fantastic for us but surely he'll be thinking of that big move coming his way. The regular doctors notes recently are a big concern. Mackie does what Mackie does best and hopefully he will inspire those around him, but it's a tough ask. I do still like the look of Chery but JET seems to be exactly what he's been all his career, a bit part that flatters to deceive.

So, parallels with Wolves? You betchya baby! And I've saved the best to last as we all know who captained that Wolves side to successive relegations don't we? Step forward Mr K Henry

Oh dear, dear, dearie me........

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Parallels with Wolves 2012/13? on 08:44 - Jan 2 with 1724 viewsGloucs_R

We won't go down. We are a bang average championship team but not the worse.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Parallels with Wolves 2012/13? on 08:45 - Jan 2 with 1720 viewsdaveB

I think the parallels are more with the 97/98 QPR team, lots of expectation on how great they were and would piss the league but just about stayed up in the end.

I don't think we'll go down but we'll do no better than mid table and in all honesty should be looking to ship out several players this month and going back to plan a of building a team around Luogo, Gladwin, Chery, Hall etc as it's the so called superstars letting us down every week
Parallels with Wolves 2012/13? on 09:12 - Jan 2 with 1677 viewsLblock

Genuine question -- is Gladwin an inspirational type player who give us energy and leadership??
I keep seeing his name mentioned but I know little about him

The others mentioned are good technical players but we need the balance with some passionate up for it charecter players. Sadly the squad does need more blood in that respect

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Parallels with Wolves 2012/13? on 09:26 - Jan 2 with 1634 viewsCamberleyR

Today was the first time I'd seen the team live and what I saw worried me. They looked grossly unfit and bereft of leadership on the pitch. Didn't Dean Saunders come from Doncaster who were leading L1 at the time?

The 97/98 team is another good comparison. Who's going to be our Jamie Pollock though?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Parallels with Wolves 2012/13? on 09:32 - Jan 2 with 1614 viewsDiscodroids

Parallels with Wolves 2012/13? on 09:12 - Jan 2 by Lblock

Genuine question -- is Gladwin an inspirational type player who give us energy and leadership??
I keep seeing his name mentioned but I know little about him

The others mentioned are good technical players but we need the balance with some passionate up for it charecter players. Sadly the squad does need more blood in that respect

I was stricken with 28 days later type rage when Gladwin was allowed to leave , I remember clearly at the time many on here thought it was a good move. It made as much sense to me as 14th century tapestry. Ive also even seen him marked down as a "wrong un' on here . Which aint bad going given that his played about 90 mins football for us.

However , The longer he stays absent from this hive of footballing Nirvana he seems to have become the next zbigniew Boniek.

The burning questions for me from all of this, is who was that far east Stunner bedecked in QPR merchandising next to Tone in the Stands??, his Niece..?

and why the fk are we paying lovable samba Diakite a living wage to avoid the first team for two and a half years!.

what a fkn state we are . f troop.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 10:09]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024