Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The QPR fans 09:17 - Jan 3 with 9381 viewsBAWHoops

I've been thinking long and hard about the mess that our club is in and I must say that this season has been wholly unenjoyable.

It was going absolutely fine whilst we bobbed about in mind table in August and the noises from the club were to do with consolidation... then that sodding Instagram post! Since then QPR has been a toxic atmosphere and I must say that perhaps the fans need to take a look at themselves in the mirror.

Over the last few weeks I have seen Les Ferdinand (LES FERDINAND!!!!) described as a cancer within the club. I have seen (on some other... less reputable boards) so called fans say that when JFH is sacked Les will just appoint Chris Powell, and other fans seem to insinuate that Les isn't putting the clubs best interests at heart. These type of comments are absolutely vile, racist and misinformed. However much you love Clint Hill, Charlie Austin or Joey sodding Barton not one of them can hold a candle to Les and what he has done for this club... and what the club has done for him. It's absurd to think he is using QPR as a vehicle to appoint his mates and nobody else. Keep your ill informed and archaic racism out of my club.

I was also thinking about how ashamed I am of QPR. Ashamed. What a terrible word to associate with the club you love. There's a school of thought that we are the worst run club in the country. I wouldn't argue with that. Others may say Blackpool, Leeds & Newcastle are worse.... but here's the difference, their fans have tried to do something about it. What have we as a group of fans done since Tony Fernandes came in and sent our club hurtling towards League 1 with a mountain of debt? Nothing. We have sat here and taken it because of empty promises of new stadiums (I mean... come on), new training grounds, and a global brand. Where the hell is our dignity.
We all know what is happening at QPR and we all know what way this club is going, it's going down. We as fans are sitting here silently letting it happen and letting a group of chancers take us all for a ride. Remember when we went down in 2013 and Tony 'fronted up' to the media to give a press conference about how lessons had been learnt. It's 3 years later and we are still eating the crap he is serving us.

Our next home game is live, on TV against Wolves. I think we as fans need to think about how we want to be portrayed, because I am sick of the club being bent over and shafted up the arse so that Tony sodding Fernandes and his mates can promote Air Asia across the world to the detriment of the wonderful football club I have supported all my life.
If people would rather boo Karl Henry (the man who was arguably our 2nd best player last season) than actually focus their ire and frustration on the cause of the problem then thats their decision. But not so long ago we had had enough of Briatore and his cronies ruining our club, so we did something about it. A small protest, but a protest none the less. A few weeks later Neil Warnock was in charge under Bhatia.....

For gods sake Rangers fans, lets find some dignity. lets support the team and tell these tossers in the boardroom exactly where to go and what we want with our club. It doesn't need to be mutiny but it needs something because we are sinking and sinking fast. When we are in League 1 with debt up to our eyeballs we may well wish we had said and done something a lot earlier.

Rant over. Am sure it has upset people, but I needed to get it off my chest. Happy Sunday

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

The QPR fans on 11:17 - Jan 3 with 5815 viewsQPRDave

3 Questions I have for you, regarding this
1, Is QPR really promoting Air Asia across the world, Positively? We've been nothing but a disaster. I thought the Air Asia sponsorship was done with similar reasons to the Man City Etihad sponsorship, ie trying to get around ffp

2, Hasn't this board written the debt off? Yes i'm sure someone will say I'm naive blah blah, but unless anyone has undisputable proof they haven't paid it off, we have to believe they've done this.

3,Isn't one of those" tossers in the boardroom" the man you're complaining about being attacked by some fans, Les Ferdinand? He is afterall the DOF.
I don't think he deserves all the stick he's been getting, but he has to shoulder some of the blame.
The QPR fans on 11:23 - Jan 3 with 5788 viewsRangersw12

Club was already rotten before LF turned up . I don't think you can judge him for at least a few years.

Fans have changed for the worse since the money turned up , we should be protesting about how the club us being run but instead people want to turn on LF or wanting more January signings
The QPR fans on 11:30 - Jan 3 with 5764 viewsLblock

So our fans are "vile" when they express different options and criticism than yourself; but if everyone was to fall in behind you and protest against whatever you want then that would be fine???

Yeah, right, okay!!!

Paladini split the fan base and signed a load of tvvats, dismantled the structure and removed QPR people from within
The current incumbents seem no better to me.

On the pitch and in the confines of the club we've been dire for years. However I'll always always always enjoy going down W12.
Interesting chat in the Queen Adelaide after the Dull City game around Sir Les. If you think he's beyond reproach then that's fine in your opinion but many others would say he's yet another novice learning his trade on the job

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The QPR fans on 11:48 - Jan 3 with 5710 viewswortonr

Ok
My first post on here after taking a passing interest for some time ( feta cheese by the way), but really felt I needed to put my little contribution in.
Good to read such passion from the OP and we will all have our own opinions .
Personally I hate negativity wherever it surfaces. There do seem to have been more than our fair share of crushing downs '( like Hull's farcical winner) and not many Zamora moments.
However, once one calms down, we should be realistic about what goes on within the club hierarchy. Far too much conspiracy theory, wishful thinking, fantasy call it what you will.
Maybe a bit less finding a scapegoat to blame and a bit more getting behind the club rather than televised protests.
One things for sure, if it had been their keeper and defender giving out the last minute present, the Rangers world, and particularly message board land, would be very different places.
The QPR fans on 12:01 - Jan 3 with 5656 viewspaulparker

"'Ashamed to be a QPR fan " no chance never have and never will be
Speak for yourself as you dont speak for me ,
This club is lucky to have the fanbase it does after the years and years of sh1t we have had to put up with
I don't get this "we have been spoilt " stuff either that some trot out on here , we have been let down time & time again by the board , by managers, players and at times even sir les
i don't blame those that go from having a pop , what I am ashamed of though is the snide fans like you that have a go at others for being Chelsea fans , racists , conservartive voters , glory hunters , etc because they don't share your views

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The QPR fans on 12:34 - Jan 3 with 5591 viewsRangersw12

The QPR fans on 11:30 - Jan 3 by Lblock

So our fans are "vile" when they express different options and criticism than yourself; but if everyone was to fall in behind you and protest against whatever you want then that would be fine???

Yeah, right, okay!!!

Paladini split the fan base and signed a load of tvvats, dismantled the structure and removed QPR people from within
The current incumbents seem no better to me.

On the pitch and in the confines of the club we've been dire for years. However I'll always always always enjoy going down W12.
Interesting chat in the Queen Adelaide after the Dull City game around Sir Les. If you think he's beyond reproach then that's fine in your opinion but many others would say he's yet another novice learning his trade on the job

Very much agree about Paladini he was the one who truly ripped the soul out of the club and fanbase was totally split

We went from being totally united under Holloway to fractured and snipping at each other within 6 months of him

Maybe I'm blinded about Ferdinand because what he has done for the club but I do believe he has he best interests for the club at heart but the sacking of Steve Gallen is worrying as we need more of his kind at the club

I don't mind a debate but people trying to make out Les only appoints black coaches and his mates seems to be bollocks to me

Bar that I think a lot of questions should be being asked about what is going on at the club and maybe the people on the fans committe should be doing that
The QPR fans on 12:47 - Jan 3 with 5536 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If QPR were a dog, we'd have done the humane thing and put it down long ago!

Sometimes I wonder if that would be the best solution for all concerned, compared to hoping against all conventional wisdom, that the old mutt will somehow manage to get better and win Crufts.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The QPR fans on 12:59 - Jan 3 with 5486 viewsstowmarketrange

The QPR fans on 12:47 - Jan 3 by PlanetHonneywood

If QPR were a dog, we'd have done the humane thing and put it down long ago!

Sometimes I wonder if that would be the best solution for all concerned, compared to hoping against all conventional wisdom, that the old mutt will somehow manage to get better and win Crufts.

I 'm not worrying about winning Crufts.It would be good to see it stop sh#tting on the carpets and taking lumps out of the furniture.That would be a start.
Login to get fewer ads

The QPR fans on 13:23 - Jan 3 with 5426 viewsAddinall

The QPR fans on 11:48 - Jan 3 by wortonr

Ok
My first post on here after taking a passing interest for some time ( feta cheese by the way), but really felt I needed to put my little contribution in.
Personally I hate negativity wherever it surfaces. There do seem to have been more than our fair share of crushing downs '( like Hull's farcical winner) and not many Zamora moments.
However, once one calms down, we should be realistic about what goes on within the club hierarchy. Far too much conspiracy theory, wishful thinking, fantasy call it what you will.
Maybe a bit less finding a scapegoat to blame and a bit more getting behind the club rather than televised protests.
One things for sure, if it had been their keeper and defender giving out the last minute present, the Rangers world, and particularly message board land, would be very different places.

Excellent first post.Not enough like this.Whether it is players,board,management et al the fan can do little to change what they think is wrong.Protest in the current situation would be pointless and counter productive.

What fans can change is the level of SUPPORT which is what we exist to provide.The funereal atmosphere that came over the airways on Saturday was down to supporters.More than ever at present a 12th man is really required.If you don't want to support don't go.If you do want to support get behind the players on the pitch whoever they are.If you don't do that you are faux supporters.
The QPR fans on 13:34 - Jan 3 with 5388 viewsTheBlob

The QPR fans on 12:01 - Jan 3 by paulparker

"'Ashamed to be a QPR fan " no chance never have and never will be
Speak for yourself as you dont speak for me ,
This club is lucky to have the fanbase it does after the years and years of sh1t we have had to put up with
I don't get this "we have been spoilt " stuff either that some trot out on here , we have been let down time & time again by the board , by managers, players and at times even sir les
i don't blame those that go from having a pop , what I am ashamed of though is the snide fans like you that have a go at others for being Chelsea fans , racists , conservartive voters , glory hunters , etc because they don't share your views

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The QPR fans on 13:44 - Jan 3 with 5354 viewsTacticalR

Some of my best friends are QPR fans.

Air hostess clique

The QPR fans on 13:47 - Jan 3 with 5339 viewsTheBlob

The QPR fans on 12:59 - Jan 3 by stowmarketrange

I 'm not worrying about winning Crufts.It would be good to see it stop sh#tting on the carpets and taking lumps out of the furniture.That would be a start.

We have to lay The Curse.It sounds dramatic I know but I'm convinced we're suffering from some extreme Sick Building Syndrome - a malevolent evocation of The Stone Tape theory.The only way to be rid is either move or raze LR to the ground,dig up the foundations and extract every last morsel of concrete and stone.It's catching,this bad luck,look how Tony's fortunes have changed since he took over.I'll bet some of you have had mystery ailments and unexplained limbs dropping off.
It's the only way.
Oh yes.

The QPR fans on 13:52 - Jan 3 with 5312 viewsTheBlob

The QPR fans on 13:47 - Jan 3 by TheBlob

We have to lay The Curse.It sounds dramatic I know but I'm convinced we're suffering from some extreme Sick Building Syndrome - a malevolent evocation of The Stone Tape theory.The only way to be rid is either move or raze LR to the ground,dig up the foundations and extract every last morsel of concrete and stone.It's catching,this bad luck,look how Tony's fortunes have changed since he took over.I'll bet some of you have had mystery ailments and unexplained limbs dropping off.
It's the only way.
Oh yes.

If you suffer from Unexplained Limbs seek medical advice without delay.

The QPR fans on 13:59 - Jan 3 with 5287 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The QPR fans on 11:48 - Jan 3 by wortonr

Ok

Welcome aboard, Worton. Great first post.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The QPR fans on 14:15 - Jan 3 with 5221 viewsjohncharles

The QPR fans on 13:52 - Jan 3 by TheBlob

If you suffer from Unexplained Limbs seek medical advice without delay.

I seem to have a baby's arm.

Strong and stable my arse.

The QPR fans on 14:50 - Jan 3 with 5115 viewsRedbourneR

The QPR fans on 12:59 - Jan 3 by stowmarketrange

I'd settle for the QPR dog not to keep getting duffed up by the neighbourhood cats.
The QPR fans on 15:17 - Jan 3 with 5056 viewsNW10Hoop

I swear some people revel in the negativity. The last game I was able to go to was Brighton. And LR was absolutely rocking. When we went 1-0 and 2-0 down a huge roar of "come on you Rs" engulfed the stadium as we restarted play... And do you know what, the players did dig deep and almost ended up winning it.

Why would you not want to recreate that atmosphere at every opportunity?

Yes there was an old geezer, being sexist and homophobic about the Brighton fans, and another who berated Hoilett ("ffs Toilet" etc) and moaned about Charlie not being in the correct headspace or some old shit. But the overwhelming sense was of a crowd who understood the effort being put in and who wanted to SUPPORT the team.

There are obviously players in the last few years who I'd rather we didn't have (wages, attitude, work rate) but while they're on the pitch playing in our colours I want them to do well for us.

Sitting in mid table in the Championship isn't a barrel of laughs but if you expect us to win every week of every season or things to constantly run according to plan, then you are missing a large part of being a QPR fan. Ever since we first got relegated from the Premier league all those years ago, there have been a lot of lows dotted with the odd magical season/performance. That's pretty much how it goes for almost every team outside the top 6 in the Premier League.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 15:26]
The QPR fans on 15:49 - Jan 3 with 4976 viewsTheBlob

The QPR fans on 15:17 - Jan 3 by NW10Hoop

I swear some people revel in the negativity. The last game I was able to go to was Brighton. And LR was absolutely rocking. When we went 1-0 and 2-0 down a huge roar of "come on you Rs" engulfed the stadium as we restarted play... And do you know what, the players did dig deep and almost ended up winning it.

Why would you not want to recreate that atmosphere at every opportunity?

Yes there was an old geezer, being sexist and homophobic about the Brighton fans, and another who berated Hoilett ("ffs Toilet" etc) and moaned about Charlie not being in the correct headspace or some old shit. But the overwhelming sense was of a crowd who understood the effort being put in and who wanted to SUPPORT the team.

There are obviously players in the last few years who I'd rather we didn't have (wages, attitude, work rate) but while they're on the pitch playing in our colours I want them to do well for us.

Sitting in mid table in the Championship isn't a barrel of laughs but if you expect us to win every week of every season or things to constantly run according to plan, then you are missing a large part of being a QPR fan. Ever since we first got relegated from the Premier league all those years ago, there have been a lot of lows dotted with the odd magical season/performance. That's pretty much how it goes for almost every team outside the top 6 in the Premier League.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 15:26]

I'll bet you did when 'arry was in charge.

The QPR fans on 16:02 - Jan 3 with 4929 viewsNW10Hoop

The QPR fans on 15:49 - Jan 3 by TheBlob

I'll bet you did when 'arry was in charge.

Bet I did what?
The QPR fans on 16:06 - Jan 3 with 4914 viewsjohncharles

The QPR fans on 13:23 - Jan 3 by Addinall

Excellent first post.Not enough like this.Whether it is players,board,management et al the fan can do little to change what they think is wrong.Protest in the current situation would be pointless and counter productive.

What fans can change is the level of SUPPORT which is what we exist to provide.The funereal atmosphere that came over the airways on Saturday was down to supporters.More than ever at present a 12th man is really required.If you don't want to support don't go.If you do want to support get behind the players on the pitch whoever they are.If you don't do that you are faux supporters.

" the atmosphere that came over the airwaves " ? You mean you weren't there and yet you slag off the ones that made the effort and paid the money. Unbelievable.

The QPR fans on 16:16 - Jan 3 with 4882 viewsTheBlob

The QPR fans on 16:02 - Jan 3 by NW10Hoop

Bet I did what?

Exuded positivity.

The QPR fans on 16:34 - Jan 3 with 4843 viewsNW10Hoop

The QPR fans on 16:16 - Jan 3 by TheBlob

Exuded positivity.

Oh hahahahahahaha

Well, when at the ground I don't boo players. I pretty much spent my time clapping and saying hard luck. Maybe that's my passive aggressive way of booing. And despite results I try and have a good time in the pub after a game. Now I have a young family I don't get out as much as I used to so I make it count.

Me and the boys I go to the games with had a thing last season where we would go for a nice bit of dinner if we lost to cheer ourselves up. I'm pretty much obese now
The QPR fans on 16:40 - Jan 3 with 4821 viewsAddinall

The QPR fans on 16:06 - Jan 3 by johncharles

" the atmosphere that came over the airwaves " ? You mean you weren't there and yet you slag off the ones that made the effort and paid the money. Unbelievable.

Being in my 79th year and living in North Norfolk has a lot to do with that. Doesn't alter the fact that if you don't want to SUPPORT why bother to go?
The QPR fans on 16:55 - Jan 3 with 4765 viewsTheBlob

The QPR fans on 16:40 - Jan 3 by Addinall

Being in my 79th year and living in North Norfolk has a lot to do with that. Doesn't alter the fact that if you don't want to SUPPORT why bother to go?

A morbid curiosity coupled with an insane desire to pass gas.

The QPR fans on 23:18 - Jan 3 with 4554 viewsjohncharles

The QPR fans on 16:40 - Jan 3 by Addinall

Hope you're not accusing me of booing my team. Never have, never will. A few moans and groans when I'm served up crap heavily compensated by cheering and singing when I see good football.
The only football I watch on TV are matches where I'm a neutral and then not often because you only get to see what they want you to see and only hear the supporters nearest the mini studio.
I've noticed that most of the criticism of the fans comes from people who watched the last few games on the tele. Believe me, at Loftus Road atmosphere is much the as it has been for the last forty years. We don't like boring football no matter what the result is. Give us exciting, skilful football and there's no better place to be.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024