Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who is in charge 16:18 - Jan 19 with 7026 viewsthomasJack

Alan or Guidolin???

Poll: Next signing

who is in charge on 23:36 - Jan 19 with 1448 viewsjasper_T

who is in charge on 23:33 - Jan 19 by Swansea93

Pochettino prime example

Pochettino spoke good English when he arrived at Southampton. He only used the translator for interviews so he wouldn't misspeak when dealing with the press.
who is in charge on 23:43 - Jan 19 with 1436 viewsSwansea93

who is in charge on 23:36 - Jan 19 by jasper_T

Pochettino spoke good English when he arrived at Southampton. He only used the translator for interviews so he wouldn't misspeak when dealing with the press.

I don't remember him having good English but I'm probably wrong then, I'm sure he said when he came here he was learning English.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

who is in charge on 01:50 - Jan 20 with 1356 viewsLoyal

who is in charge on 17:20 - Jan 19 by monmouth

Watch Curts interview from last night and you'll have your answer.

He says there's no joint anything, only one man can do the manager job and it aint him.

He obviously will do anything the club and the Board want with good grace but he did sound disappointed to me ("if results had gone better who knows, and they might have..."), and only knew on Sunday when Jenkins telephoned him in training! I can't help but feel he's been taken for gratnted throughout and treated poorly on the whole. At least I hope he's had, and gets if we survive, a bit of wedge.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2016 17:20]

So basically Curt has been sacked ?
HJ couldn't sack him in the traditional,way so he did it by this method.
Cute, very cute.
This way HJ isn't strung up on a lamppost and Curt steps aside.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

who is in charge on 04:28 - Jan 20 with 1330 viewsSwansea93

Very unlucky under Curtis we should of drawn at City and United, should of beat West Ham and Sunderland.

Should of had 8 extra points and in 11th place now but due to bad luck we didn't get it, nevermind we move onwards and upwards now.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2016 4:30]

who is in charge on 05:37 - Jan 20 with 1305 viewsdameedna

Curtis was never in charge but the statement made it appear that way.

The Board were waiting for an appointment before signing new players.

Even if we had won games and got mid table this was never going to be Alan's job.

He did well and improved our play and attitude in the time he had. Got us out if the Cup and started aging and subbing Andre. He also dropped Bartley and gave a new lease of life to Leon and angel.

I think the change of Manager has also done Gomis some good and Barrow is looking like a top player but not been over used.

Montero may come alive again in Spring.

Alan has a job and hopefully a bonus.
who is in charge on 06:42 - Jan 20 with 1282 viewsSwansea93

Despite being turned down by Watford, new Swansea City head coach Francesco Guidolin is adamant his only focus is on helping the Welsh club improve as he embarks on a new experience in the Premier League.

The 60-year-old hasn’t coached since 2014, when he left Udinese to become technical supervisor of the three teams that belong to the Pozzi family: the Zebrette, the Hornets and Granada in Spain.

Read More: Guidolin the perfect man to lead the Swans to success

As a result it was expected that he would eventually make his way to the Premier League and work with Watford, and although that opportunity never materialised, the Italian is keen to make his mark in Wales by ensuring the club avoid relegation.

Swansea City name Guidolin head coach until end of season

A move to Wales wasn’t expected. Did you have any other offers over the past 18 months?

“I never felt as though Italian football had abandoned me, and I must thank all the sides that tried to sign me during that time. However I preferred to wait as I wanted to experience something outside of Italy, and in the end I was rewarded. I knew that it wouldn’t be easy as I’m not well-known internationally, but my agent Frank Trimboli did a great job in getting me this opportunity with Swansea.”

Given your relationship with Udinese, why were you not given a chance at Watford?

“I honestly don’t know. I think I did some great work at Udinese. I let them know that I would have liked to work at Watford, even in the Championship, but other managers were hired. Given their results, which includes promotion and their good form in the Premier League, they made the right decision.”

Did their decision disappoint you?

“I can only repeat that I would have liked to work there, but this is how things played out and I accept it.

What have you been doing during your long vacation?

“I dedicated myself to the things I had neglected over the past 30 years. I relaxed and I needed to do that as I’ve always lived like a professional. I spent a lot of time with my wife and we travelled. I also watched a lot of football.”

Is stress still your Achilles heel?

“It is my strength and weakness. Stress can help you, but it can also hurt you. When your job occupies your entire day, the results eventually come and that is the secret to my career. However, at the same time, the struggle drains you.”

Things aren’t great at Swansea at this time.

“The initial signs are encouraging. I was impressed by how cordial everyone was. The first half against Watford was our best performance in some time. I have been following Swansea for the past month and I am convinced we have a great base to work from.”

What can you give Swansea on a technical level?

“I will try to implement my work on things that make a big difference like focus, concentration and intensity while trying to get them to play good football.”

What did you leave behind at Udinese?

“The results are there to be seen. Four times out of five I took the team to Europe and we made the Champions League playoff round twice. I think my greatest contribution was giving the club something they were lacking, which happened on a human level. I helped create an atmosphere that was more welcoming for foreign players. I also changed the location of pre-season training from the middle of the city to a place that was closer to the people. These are some of the things I am most proud of.”

who is in charge on 07:16 - Jan 20 with 1255 viewsAnotherJohn

I'd say that Curt has come out of this with his standing with the fans enhanced rather than diminished. Luck has not been with him, but there are definite signs of an upturn, even given the obvious gaps in the squad. He is still there to step into the breach if things should go wrong with the new appointment.
who is in charge on 11:24 - Jan 20 with 1180 viewscostalotta

who is in charge on 17:20 - Jan 19 by monmouth

Watch Curts interview from last night and you'll have your answer.

He says there's no joint anything, only one man can do the manager job and it aint him.

He obviously will do anything the club and the Board want with good grace but he did sound disappointed to me ("if results had gone better who knows, and they might have..."), and only knew on Sunday when Jenkins telephoned him in training! I can't help but feel he's been taken for gratnted throughout and treated poorly on the whole. At least I hope he's had, and gets if we survive, a bit of wedge.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2016 17:20]

To me it sounded more like relief than disappointment.
Login to get fewer ads

who is in charge on 11:34 - Jan 20 with 1164 viewsyescomeon

who is in charge on 21:39 - Jan 19 by Loyal

He has been a manager and coach in football for 26 years.

I'm referring to the technical adviser bit, the role he was in before he came here.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024