Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR - Austin 20:12 - Feb 2 with 5824 viewsFearless

Not in Saints squad tonight - injured?
Non QPR - Austin on 20:24 - Feb 2 with 5781 viewsQPRDave

Leaving?..... itk...

Nah ....injured, yer right
Non QPR - Austin on 20:28 - Feb 2 with 5768 viewseghamranger

Think we may have got rid of him at the right time. Been injured a lot this season, never ever looked the fittest and it may be a slippery slope. I hope not for his sake but think that could be the case.
Non QPR - Austin on 20:46 - Feb 2 with 5682 viewsBrightonhoop

Non QPR - Austin on 20:28 - Feb 2 by eghamranger

Think we may have got rid of him at the right time. Been injured a lot this season, never ever looked the fittest and it may be a slippery slope. I hope not for his sake but think that could be the case.

Been thinking the same myself, why is he always injured?

Saw someone calling him Charlie 'tampon' Austin, one week in 3 weeks out...
QPR - Alleged Add Ons at risk for Austin on 20:47 - Feb 2 with 5677 viewsBasingstokeR

Hope its not serious - we need the mooted add ons from him playing and scoring!
QPR - Alleged Add Ons at risk for Austin on 03:48 - Feb 3 with 5329 viewsstowmarketrange

QPR - Alleged Add Ons at risk for Austin on 20:47 - Feb 2 by BasingstokeR

Hope its not serious - we need the mooted add ons from him playing and scoring!

The sooner we can get our hands on the £1.50 in add on fees the better.Or did they hold out for £2?
Non QPR - Austin on 06:26 - Feb 3 with 5234 viewsisawqpratwcity

The best part of selling Austin is that it's not our problem anymore.

He obviously injures easily. Tbf, most strikers do. But then, I thought he was injured in the long, long lead-up to his sale; now, who knows? I mean, where were the club and it's medicos in that time?

All the best, Charlie, you were brilliant. But now this is between you and Southampton.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Non QPR - Austin on 07:53 - Feb 3 with 5110 viewsizlingtonhoop

I was amused by the comment on here when it was reported he'd passed his Southampton medical. "Who did it? Our doctor?"
Non QPR - Austin on 08:31 - Feb 3 with 5021 viewssimmo

This Austin injury prone talk is nonsense. Apart from this season the only reason he missed games is when he landed badly on his shoulder, he's been ever present apart from that.

Shame he was unavailable last night, but you would hope at Saints there is not the pressure to rush him back.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR - Austin on 09:28 - Feb 3 with 4901 viewsDejR_vu

Non QPR - Austin on 08:31 - Feb 3 by simmo

This Austin injury prone talk is nonsense. Apart from this season the only reason he missed games is when he landed badly on his shoulder, he's been ever present apart from that.

Shame he was unavailable last night, but you would hope at Saints there is not the pressure to rush him back.

I'm glad it's not just me. There seems to be a bit of re-writing of history going on.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Non QPR - Austin on 09:58 - Feb 3 with 4837 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

He plays strapped up most games, he's hard as nails imho. I just wish he never went to them lot. I hate them with a passion for personal reasons.

I met him a few months ago, his lady is my wife's best friends cousin - god that sounds weird(but normal for Swindon). He signed my boys kits and had photos and was talking for about an hour. Very decent bloke and insisted on paying my bar tab - I should have got some bubbles in if id have known.

I can't knock him and understand why he's gone. I just wish we was good enough to keep hold of players like him.
Non QPR - Austin on 10:29 - Feb 3 with 4780 viewselnombre

Non QPR - Austin on 09:28 - Feb 3 by DejR_vu

I'm glad it's not just me. There seems to be a bit of re-writing of history going on.

Hmm, so apart from the injuries, he's hardly ever injured?

At a rough count, he played 82 out of 111 league games for us, which means he actually sat out over a quarter of our matches.

To be fair, that's not bad for a striker, and a much better record than, say, Wayne Rooney. Let alone Daniel Sturridge...
Non QPR - Austin on 10:57 - Feb 3 with 4726 viewsDejR_vu

Non QPR - Austin on 10:29 - Feb 3 by elnombre

Hmm, so apart from the injuries, he's hardly ever injured?

At a rough count, he played 82 out of 111 league games for us, which means he actually sat out over a quarter of our matches.

To be fair, that's not bad for a striker, and a much better record than, say, Wayne Rooney. Let alone Daniel Sturridge...

There are suggestions that he's injury prone. I don't agree. He had one bad injury with his shoulder that accounts for most of the games that he missed. He's not a machine so he's bound to pick up the odd knock, but he's hardly a sicknote.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Non QPR - Austin on 11:02 - Feb 3 with 4713 viewssimmo

Non QPR - Austin on 10:57 - Feb 3 by DejR_vu

There are suggestions that he's injury prone. I don't agree. He had one bad injury with his shoulder that accounts for most of the games that he missed. He's not a machine so he's bound to pick up the odd knock, but he's hardly a sicknote.

I was at that game too and it was an injury anybody could have picked up - a nasty fall after an aerial challenge. He also probably exacerbated it by staying on until he scored rather than going straight off.

Apart from those few months he played practically every game for us in the premiership and coped with 3 seasons in the Championship, for the 2 for Burnley he averaged 39 league games a season.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Non QPR - Austin on 11:39 - Feb 3 with 4662 viewsJamie

Not sure ther is any mystery here. He got a hamstring injury earlier in the season and it hasn't been 100% right since he came back. He will miss the odd game for them but a long summer layoff will sort him out.
Non QPR - Austin on 12:27 - Feb 3 with 4563 viewsizlingtonhoop

Non QPR - Austin on 08:31 - Feb 3 by simmo

When did it become nonsense?

We knew he failed a medical at Hull, and he 'landed badly' on a shoulder that had given him problems for some time. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/15817588.app

Even before it 'popped out' here he wore a super bra to hold it together.

It's not fair to call him 'injury prone', but I think we got lucky - very lucky, because he is an excellent striker. But bits of him are balanced on a knife edge.
Non QPR - Austin on 12:29 - Feb 3 with 4556 viewsBasingstokeR

I don't understand the injury prone call unless its just a passing opinion or you've got another motive like David Gold/Sullivan trying to justify to / divert upset Wham fans as to why they weren't going for Charlie.

At the time Austin left us he was partway through his 7th league football season with something like...

2009—10 - 33apps 19goals
2010—11 - 25apps 12goals
2011—12 - 41apps 16goals
2012-13 - 37apps 25goals
2013-14 - 31apps 17goals
2014-15 - 35apps 18goals
2015-16 - 16apps 10goals
Overall 218apps and 117goals

On average (in round numbers) 31 apps a season and 17 goals a season - that's not anyway near injury prone imho! Charlie does get injured sometimes (like any player) but still plays a lot and is prolific.

Palace bought Connor Wickham for reasonably big money who's more injury prone I'd argue and started his career in the league almost the same time as Austin and has 175 apps and 34 goals!

If Austin is injury prone. Who are 5 strikers (who are first choice starters) who aren't injury prone and have played more than 31 games a season in the last seven seasons?

I can see why Austin got so frustrated about David Gold's comments. At the moment his record stands for itself games played wise too. I think the games played stats suggest "most players" are injury prone otherwise.

Would you say Wayne Rooney is injury prone or has enough injury history concern to stop a club from signing him if he left Man U (more than his excessive wage)? In his last seven league seasons at a higher level with a few less games; his average is 28 games and 15 goals a season.

Same thing for Aguerro - 27games / 16 goals

I'd call Daniel Sturridge an "injury prone striker" - 19 games per season (8 goals)
Non QPR - Austin on 12:56 - Mar 2 with 4094 viewsBluce_Ree

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35703647

F**ked again. Scored on his debut. Didn't score in four more games. Now he's out for weeks.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Non QPR - Austin on 13:09 - Mar 2 with 4026 viewsdaveB

Non QPR - Austin on 12:56 - Mar 2 by Bluce_Ree

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35703647

F**ked again. Scored on his debut. Didn't score in four more games. Now he's out for weeks.

same hamstring many on here and social media claimed he never had when he was injured with us
Non QPR - Austin on 13:13 - Mar 2 with 4007 viewswhittocksRs

Non QPR - Austin on 09:28 - Feb 3 by DejR_vu

After he left, a lot on here have quickly picked up that 'Injury-prone Austin' line that others used to say about him when he was at the Rs. It wasn't true before and it isn't true now. He's had a couple of unfortunate niggles since joining Saints, but he'll be back and scoring goals for them soon.
Non QPR - Austin on 15:41 - Mar 2 with 3898 viewsBluce_Ree

Non QPR - Austin on 13:13 - Mar 2 by whittocksRs

After he left, a lot on here have quickly picked up that 'Injury-prone Austin' line that others used to say about him when he was at the Rs. It wasn't true before and it isn't true now. He's had a couple of unfortunate niggles since joining Saints, but he'll be back and scoring goals for them soon.

You'd make an excellent football agent!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024