Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Form since Guidolin has taken charge 08:20 - Mar 3 with 9486 viewsZut_Alors

Arsenal 1-2 Swansea City
Tottenham 2-1 Swansea City
Swansea City 0-1 Southampton
Swansea City 1-1 Crystal Palace
West Bromwich 1-1 Swansea City
Everton 1-2 Swansea City

He's done well, hasn't he. 8 points from 6 games. 1.33 points per game. That form across a full season puts you at 50 points and almost guarantees a top half finish.

The football hasn't exactly been inspiring, but he came in at a tough time. Have to say, too, Curt deserves a hell of a lot of credit. Stay up this year and surely there should be some sort of tribute to Mr Curtis.

Onwards we go — let's sink the Canaries on Saturday.

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:02 - Mar 4 with 1939 viewsjasper_T

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 00:34 - Mar 4 by UplandsJack

True.
I must admit that I'm totally surprised that our defence is still so vulnerable, especially from set pieces... Really thought it would have been one of the first things an Italian head coach would have sorted pretty much straight away...
Anyway just hope we stick with Curts more attack minded style at home on Saturday!!!

According to the commentary on Wednesday Tony Roberts is responsible for defensive organisation on set pieces.

Immediately after they said it Fabianski punched another cross and Giroud hit the bar on the follow up.

The man is a disgrace and the single biggest difference between this season's Swansea and the team that finished 8th last year. Imo.
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:27 - Mar 4 with 1901 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:41 - Mar 4 by MrSwerve

I don't blame Brendan one bit for not coming back to us at Christmas time. He did say that he wanted a break from football (especially with his family problems in the background), and at the time we looked an utter shambles and on the way down. Why would he leave Liverpool for potential Championship football next year?

I appreciate that it can look like a bit of a cop out though.

It was a total cop out because he was not at Liverpool, they had already sacked him.
I would prefer to give Guidolin a chance, who was brave enough to put his reputation on the line to help us, providing he can get away from his current over defensive tactics.
But they may be what everyone considered necessary to stay up.
Which was proved wrong against Arsenal, because without our change to attacking style we would have lost, probably quite heavily.
He has a great reputation for bringing on young players and probably has even more contacts than Rogers.
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:28 - Mar 4 with 1903 viewsraynor94

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:02 - Mar 4 by jasper_T

According to the commentary on Wednesday Tony Roberts is responsible for defensive organisation on set pieces.

Immediately after they said it Fabianski punched another cross and Giroud hit the bar on the follow up.

The man is a disgrace and the single biggest difference between this season's Swansea and the team that finished 8th last year. Imo.

I heard the same, unbelievable!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:33 - Mar 4 with 1898 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:02 - Mar 4 by jasper_T

we cant score goals that's the biggest difference

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:34 - Mar 4 with 1892 viewsjasper_T

If we could bring any one Spaniard back to the club I would pick Javier Garcia.
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:34 - Mar 4 with 1888 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:33 - Mar 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

Shouldn't you change that to "We couldn't score goals" as we outscored Everton and Arsenal.
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:43 - Mar 4 with 1878 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:34 - Mar 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Shouldn't you change that to "We couldn't score goals" as we outscored Everton and Arsenal.

Only The Mighty Aston Villa have scored less than us this season

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:48 - Mar 4 with 1875 viewsEbo

It's all about getting points right now and the pretty stuff has to take a backseat for the time being, Francesco knows this and I suspect next season (if he is still here) he will put his stamp on the team as regards players and formation.

I love the pretty football as much as anyone else but results right now are much more important. Had we been in the top half and 100% safe but playing drab defensive football then I would have a thing or two to say about it.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Login to get fewer ads

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:48 - Mar 4 with 1876 viewsjasper_T

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:33 - Mar 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

Can't blame that on a single factor though, can we? Lots of reasons why that's happened going back to the sale of Bony.

47 in 38 games last season compared to 27 in 28 so far this. Only Villa have scored fewer. Not great.

Goals conceded is almost the same rate. Maybe I'm wrong. But we've still lost 4/5/6 points due to mistakes Fabianski wasn't making last year, and 5 from the last 7 goals against (iirc) have come from corners.
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:52 - Mar 4 with 1871 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:48 - Mar 4 by jasper_T

Can't blame that on a single factor though, can we? Lots of reasons why that's happened going back to the sale of Bony.

47 in 38 games last season compared to 27 in 28 so far this. Only Villa have scored fewer. Not great.

Goals conceded is almost the same rate. Maybe I'm wrong. But we've still lost 4/5/6 points due to mistakes Fabianski wasn't making last year, and 5 from the last 7 goals against (iirc) have come from corners.

I would sat the majority of goals in this league against are from set pieces to be fair.

2 against Arsenal

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 13:00 - Mar 4 with 1856 viewsEbo

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:52 - Mar 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

I would sat the majority of goals in this league against are from set pieces to be fair.

2 against Arsenal

And 2 needless free kicks in our draw with Spurs

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 13:05 - Mar 4 with 1848 viewskarnataka

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 12:27 - Mar 4 by A_Fans_Dad

It was a total cop out because he was not at Liverpool, they had already sacked him.
I would prefer to give Guidolin a chance, who was brave enough to put his reputation on the line to help us, providing he can get away from his current over defensive tactics.
But they may be what everyone considered necessary to stay up.
Which was proved wrong against Arsenal, because without our change to attacking style we would have lost, probably quite heavily.
He has a great reputation for bringing on young players and probably has even more contacts than Rogers.

I think Brendan wasn't exactly "sacked" by Liverpool because he was still under contract and still being paid by them, just "relieved of his duties" and this situation complicated any possibility of Brendan coming back to us before the summer.
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 13:31 - Mar 4 with 1824 viewsfbreath

I think all those people that want Rodgers back as manager next year should dress up as Elvis on the last home game of the season.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 14:44 - Mar 4 with 1768 viewsLeonisGod

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 01:15 - Mar 4 by Highjack

It's a strange one because he's come here with a bit of a rep for high pressing attacking football but he's just sat back and defended for most of it. Unless he feels he doesnt have the players to play like he did at Udinese.

I don't think you can just turn that on, as I reckon it would knacker the players. It's probably a case of don't rock the boat. He'll have seen the one or two good performances under Curt and realised not a lot needs to change. We're relatively tight and create plenty. If we had a better striker than Gomis we'd be comfortably mid-table. It's telling that the first thing he did was get in Paloschi.
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 15:53 - Mar 4 with 1720 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:25 - Mar 4 by MrSwerve

Indeed.

Guido was always a short term solution, emphasised by his 'head coach' role or whatever he is sharing with Curtis. He was brought in to give some managerial experience to the team.

If he keeps us up then I would rather us look for better, no disrespect to the man, as I'll be grateful of him coming to us to help out.

We need to go in for Rodgers as soon as the season has ended. Knows the club (cliché I know), knows many of our players, knows the system that we want to go back to playing, knows the league, and in my opinion has proven himself here and at Liverpool.

And before anyone cries 'Judas!', remember what he did at the club, and the classy manner he left in - getting us many millions in compo and offering a decent amount for Joey. Come home Brendan.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 11:28]

An the classy manner in the way he took the backroom staff as well, the guy gets on my tits.
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 16:07 - Mar 4 with 1566 viewsLoyal

Curt gets rewarded every pay day.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 18:03 - Mar 4 with 1510 viewsjohnlangy

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 04:42 - Mar 4 by Swansea93

Could it be that he hasn't gone to his 3 at the back formation yet and will start that in pre season ready for the new season?

Correct. He's had to make do with the players at his disposal and adopt formations he probably normally wouldn't. If he's still here next season I expect quite a radically different team.
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 18:10 - Mar 4 with 1505 viewsMrSwerve

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 15:53 - Mar 4 by blaenaugwentjack

An the classy manner in the way he took the backroom staff as well, the guy gets on my tits.

Everyone does that in the Premier League.

Get used to it.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 18:11 - Mar 4 with 1506 viewsVetchitBack

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 08:44 - Mar 3 by UplandsJack

Well I have to be honest I'm not too convinced on Mr Guidolin from what I've seen so far....
Last night the team set up in the same formation (diamond) as on Sunday. We spent the first 15 or so minutes getting murdered as at Spurs for the last 70 mins. Curtis saw what was unfolding in front of him and re-jigged the set up to a 4-3-3 and low and behold we start to play..... now think back to Everton. It was Guidolins first game in charge and he'd not really had time to do anything so went pretty much with Curtis set-up...
Now I'm not suggesting Guidolin is shite or anything, but i think he still has a lot to prove...

Do I believe we will stay up?. Definately!
Do I think Guidolin will be our boss next season? Maybe!
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 8:50]

Generally my thoughts

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 18:27 - Mar 4 with 1488 viewsRancid

Patchy.Difficult to say after beating Arsenal when it was Curt in charge but patchy sounds about right.
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 18:41 - Mar 4 with 1467 viewssherpajacob

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 10:07 - Mar 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

He's come in to keep us up .

If we stay up give him his deserved money & get Brendan back .

There I said it !

Agree as well, i can see Brendan bringing a couple of players from Liverpool in the summer.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 18:50 - Mar 4 with 1456 viewsOldjack

"I remember Udinese were a very good team and played positive, attacking football under Francesco said Fabs

We've not seen a lot of this because of our precarious position and he's is more focused on a point per game will do just to keep us up ,i believe if he does keep us up he'll stay reverting back to positive, attacking football ,this I'd love to see

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 20:25 - Mar 4 with 1384 viewstrampie

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 08:44 - Mar 3 by UplandsJack

Well I have to be honest I'm not too convinced on Mr Guidolin from what I've seen so far....
Last night the team set up in the same formation (diamond) as on Sunday. We spent the first 15 or so minutes getting murdered as at Spurs for the last 70 mins. Curtis saw what was unfolding in front of him and re-jigged the set up to a 4-3-3 and low and behold we start to play..... now think back to Everton. It was Guidolins first game in charge and he'd not really had time to do anything so went pretty much with Curtis set-up...
Now I'm not suggesting Guidolin is shite or anything, but i think he still has a lot to prove...

Do I believe we will stay up?. Definately!
Do I think Guidolin will be our boss next season? Maybe!
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 8:50]

My thoughts also, its too early to judge Guido, Curt was tremendous and turned the Swans around after Monk, Curts last official game in charge was beating Watford and then Guidolin's first official game in charge was 6 days later the win away to Everton but that was basically Curt's team, since then we have not won a game until the Arsenal win when Curt changed things mid game with Guido in hospital, Curt will apparently be in charge for the Norwich game with Guido still not well.

Couldn't understand why some people wanted Curt relieved of the managers job, some thought he wasn't good enough, others thought the club was putting on him, others thought it would affect his health and then the club went and appointed a 'proper' manager who is nearly as old as Curt and who had never managed a team in this country.

I would have stuck with Curt till the end of the season and the same applies to Guido keep him till the end of the season then review things.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 21:05 - Mar 4 with 1351 viewsmax936

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 20:25 - Mar 4 by trampie

My thoughts also, its too early to judge Guido, Curt was tremendous and turned the Swans around after Monk, Curts last official game in charge was beating Watford and then Guidolin's first official game in charge was 6 days later the win away to Everton but that was basically Curt's team, since then we have not won a game until the Arsenal win when Curt changed things mid game with Guido in hospital, Curt will apparently be in charge for the Norwich game with Guido still not well.

Couldn't understand why some people wanted Curt relieved of the managers job, some thought he wasn't good enough, others thought the club was putting on him, others thought it would affect his health and then the club went and appointed a 'proper' manager who is nearly as old as Curt and who had never managed a team in this country.

I would have stuck with Curt till the end of the season and the same applies to Guido keep him till the end of the season then review things.

Curt looked a lot better than he was looking when he was solely in charge, the strain of it all has clearly lifted and he had his mojo back on Wednesday, to see all the backroom staff jumping up in unison was great to see as well, just what we now, togetherness, Guidolin will have benefitted from the break to, if we can win tomorrow the difference in everyone there will show and the freedom in the players will come out.
That makes tomorrow massive.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY JACKS.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 21:54 - Mar 4 with 1313 viewsWingstandwood

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 18:50 - Mar 4 by Oldjack

"I remember Udinese were a very good team and played positive, attacking football under Francesco said Fabs

We've not seen a lot of this because of our precarious position and he's is more focused on a point per game will do just to keep us up ,i believe if he does keep us up he'll stay reverting back to positive, attacking football ,this I'd love to see

I think on the same lines! Playing in a relegation struggle at times when confidence is low and when expansive open attacking football becomes severely restricted because of player/management anxiety and a collective safety first mindset?...........That has to make the team under perform getting less than satisfactory results in the process!

A SCFC team that is higher up the table with a safety net of 10 + points separating it from the relegation zone will be IMO be a lot more like revered SCFC teams of the past. Nothing at all like the incompetent latter Monk/ coaching team era calamity and subsequent hang-over. Only now are the team getting over Monk era de-programming!

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024