Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP George Martin 08:03 - Mar 9 with 3836 viewsbaz_qpr

Had the total privilege of working with him when I was a runner at Maison Rouge 20 years ago. A total legend of a producer, who made the Beatles what they were. He was a total gent to me in the week he was in.

RIP
RIP George Martin on 08:09 - Mar 9 with 3820 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

RIP indeed, saw the news on the way into the gym, very sad news altogether. Pretty awesome that you got to work with him though!
RIP George Martin on 08:13 - Mar 9 with 3808 viewsKonk

A genius and on the face of it, a genuinely lovely gentleman too. RIP.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

RIP George Martin on 08:20 - Mar 9 with 3794 viewsBrianMcCarthy

RIP. Extraordinary talent. 'Revolution in the Head' is a great Beatles book but it also serves as a lasting tribute to Martin's undoubted genius.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

RIP George Martin on 08:29 - Mar 9 with 3775 viewsElHoop

Very sad news although getting to 90 in the music industry is a mighty long innings, and it was full of great shots too. Seemed a lovely bloke and the Beatles were very lucky to get him on their side. RIP George.
RIP George Martin on 08:30 - Mar 9 with 3767 viewsDiscodroids

Im very much remedial level when it comes to the Beatles, however i do remember a night at a club called the Heavenly Social back in' 94 (The place where Daft punk, The chemical brothers among others cut their teeth and sound ).

Ed Chemical was dj'ing when i heard this Timothy Leary LSD soaked , Valhalla of sonic from the Elysian Fields. Thinking it was something born of acetate that very month , i scrambled up to the front and enquired about the psychedelic distortion resulting in the reenactment of the Somme , 1916. on the dancefloor .

I was blown away to be told it was 30 years old (at the time) and The Beatles 'Tomorrow never knows' . George Martin throwing the Kitchen sink at it .And then some.The square root of Joe Meek.

Came out the same year as Ken Dodds 'Promises'.

Like inventing the wheel or Fire in the same year as someone learns to take a shit in the woods and not in their own cave.

RIP
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 8:48]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

RIP George Martin on 08:39 - Mar 9 with 3735 viewsMonahoop

A man whose name will be ingrained in music folklore forever. He certainly had a long fruitful career. RIP

There aint half been some clever bastards.

RIP George Martin on 08:41 - Mar 9 with 3726 viewsA40Bosh

RIP George Martin on 08:30 - Mar 9 by Discodroids

Im very much remedial level when it comes to the Beatles, however i do remember a night at a club called the Heavenly Social back in' 94 (The place where Daft punk, The chemical brothers among others cut their teeth and sound ).

Ed Chemical was dj'ing when i heard this Timothy Leary LSD soaked , Valhalla of sonic from the Elysian Fields. Thinking it was something born of acetate that very month , i scrambled up to the front and enquired about the psychedelic distortion resulting in the reenactment of the Somme , 1916. on the dancefloor .

I was blown away to be told it was 30 years old (at the time) and The Beatles 'Tomorrow never knows' . George Martin throwing the Kitchen sink at it .And then some.The square root of Joe Meek.

Like inventing the wheel or Fire in the same year as someone learns to take a shit in the woods and not in their own cave.

RIP

I will always remember for two specific comments, a Q Magazine article from the 1990s when they were reviewing the top 100 albums of all time.

First they were reviewing Stevie Wonder's Talking Book and commented on Superstition.........."with a hook that was so catchy Jay Kay built an entire career on it.

Secondly and more relevant to this thread was the review of Revolver and specifically the B side's last track Tomorrow Never Knows............ "2mins 57secs later the entire Western world said What The Fcuk Was That????"

RIP Sir
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 8:42]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

RIP George Martin on 08:41 - Mar 9 with 3726 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Great Producer and composer.

RIP

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

RIP George Martin on 08:50 - Mar 9 with 3690 viewsTheBlob

Great shame.
He did a lot of comedy too - I've still got some Peter Sellers albums somewhere,and Spike Milligan's "Bridge on The River Wye".
Superb producer and orchestral arranger.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

RIP George Martin on 09:08 - Mar 9 with 3659 viewsPunteR

RIP George Martin on 08:30 - Mar 9 by Discodroids

RIP

Amazing song. Probably inspired the Chemicals Brothers 'Let forever be'
My dad is a massive Beatles fan,i was brought up on it.
RIP George Martin

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

RIP George Martin on 10:36 - Mar 9 with 3587 viewsFDC

RIP George Martin on 09:08 - Mar 9 by PunteR

Amazing song. Probably inspired the Chemicals Brothers 'Let forever be'
My dad is a massive Beatles fan,i was brought up on it.
RIP George Martin

I guess we'll never get the 6th book of A Song Of Ice And Fire now.
RIP George Martin on 11:16 - Mar 9 with 3561 viewsisawqpratwcity

I loved his work. My Dad (rest in peace, Dad) loved his work. Comedy, the Beatles, British Pop in the '60s, he was brilliant. Thank you, George.

RIP

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

RIP George Martin on 11:55 - Mar 9 with 3539 viewsElHoop

Rolf Harris isn't getting too many mentions for some reason.

I love this silly little clip - it's worth getting through to the end:

RIP George Martin on 12:19 - Mar 9 with 3505 viewsthemodfather

RIP the "fifth BEATLE", history will prove his contribution to the beatles and music.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024