Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 546191 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 14:28 - Sep 11 with 5777 viewsisawqpratwcity

Half decent tv on 16:15 - Jul 30 by larsricchi

We're nearly caught up on Ozark (outstanding but the tension really does a number on me, I must admit) and looking ahead for our next show. One of my mates recommended ZeroZeroZero–anyone familiar?

Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who adds a title to the queue and then leaves it sit for months/years? I finally crossed off one such film the other night: Dead Man's Line. Wish I hadn't waited so long. I'm not old enough (nor am I an Indiana native) to be familiar with the story before now.

Thoroughly recommend ZeroZeroZero. Saw Season 1 on SBS here a few weeks back. Lovely, brutal, plot twists on so many aspects of drug trafficking. You will not be disappointed.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Half decent tv on 16:05 - Sep 11 with 5725 viewsSharpy36

Not sure if already mentioned but Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing series 3 is now on Iplayer, 3 episodes in.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Half decent tv on 18:09 - Sep 17 with 5609 viewsPinnerPaul

Half decent tv on 16:05 - Sep 11 by Sharpy36

Not sure if already mentioned but Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing series 3 is now on Iplayer, 3 episodes in.

Yes I've mentioned it a few times already!

Episode 4 was shot so ridiculously well that even my 86 year old Mum noticed - sorry Mum!

The shooting and direction for a show like this are way beyond good!
Half decent tv on 20:10 - Sep 17 with 5553 viewsMickS

Half decent tv on 18:09 - Sep 17 by PinnerPaul

Yes I've mentioned it a few times already!

Episode 4 was shot so ridiculously well that even my 86 year old Mum noticed - sorry Mum!

The shooting and direction for a show like this are way beyond good!

Funny old game, mate. Just got back from Hampshire that night after a weekend away around my mate’s house. We went for a long walk around Whitchurch, along the river Test - not a river I knew anything about, came home and that was on the box. What an incredibly clean and clear stretch of water, and of course, stacked with Trout. Lovely part of the world that I knew nothing about until my mate moved there.

Fantastic programme featuring two very decent people.
Half decent tv on 11:07 - Sep 18 with 5437 viewsMrSheen

Apologies if it's been mentioned already, but I found a German film from 2018 on Prime called The Captain last night. It's very long (4 hours) so I've only seen half of it so far. It's brilliantly made (helped by black and white filming) but very unpleasant. A young deserter on the collapsing Western Front in April 1945 finds an officer's uniform and convinces people he's Hitler's personal emissary. You probably won't enjoy it, but it's well worth trying - I thought I'd give it ten minutes and two hours flew by.

EDIT - 2 hours, not four. Oddly, once it finishes, they show it again.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 16:07]
Half decent tv on 14:52 - Sep 30 with 5320 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm finally getting into Black Books, having only ever watched an episode here and there for before.

Absolute quality.

Fran : Do you know that in Tibet when they want something they give something away?
Bernard : Do they? That must be why they're such a dominant global power.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 14:54 - Sep 30 with 5314 viewsMick_S

Half decent tv on 16:05 - Sep 11 by Sharpy36

4th series on the way, Sharpy. Lovely programme.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Half decent tv on 15:42 - Sep 30 with 5263 viewsSharpy36

Half decent tv on 14:54 - Sep 30 by Mick_S

4th series on the way, Sharpy. Lovely programme.

That`s good news. By far the best thing about.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 15:50 - Sep 30 with 5264 viewsKonk

I watched the last three episodes last night. Two top blokes, beautiful countryside, and a lovely slow pace. I watch it either chuckling away or with a big grin on my face. A proper tonic. Wonderful, gentle telly.

I love Paul Whitehouse, but when Bob Mortimer goes, I am gonna be genuinely devastated. Absolutely love that bloke.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Half decent tv on 16:22 - Sep 30 with 5228 viewsPhildo

Half decent tv on 15:50 - Sep 30 by Konk

I watched the last three episodes last night. Two top blokes, beautiful countryside, and a lovely slow pace. I watch it either chuckling away or with a big grin on my face. A proper tonic. Wonderful, gentle telly.

I love Paul Whitehouse, but when Bob Mortimer goes, I am gonna be genuinely devastated. Absolutely love that bloke.

I did not realise Mortimer wrote a lot of the fast show stuff - like all the Swiss Toni sketches were written by him.

Whitehouse got into TV because Harry Enfield kept telling producers his mate down the pub was the funniest bloke he had ever met so one of them finally said ' bring the bloke in then'
Half decent tv on 17:16 - Sep 30 with 5207 viewsLblock

Finished watching The Fall on Netflix other day and really enjoyed it.
Missed it when on general telly before.

Gillian Anderson helps it along VERY nicely but even aside from her delightful presence I thought it was brilliant and Jamie Dornan plays his part really well.

Onto "DES" now via ITV player.
Mad!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 17:51 - Sep 30 with 5167 viewsR_from_afar

"Arctic Alone" has two episodes left and the poor sods trying to keep themselves alive in the frozen wilderness around the Great Slave Lake have now been eking out an existence for over two months.

I have found the combination of haunting natural beauty, half-forgotten skills and mental and physical challenges utterly compelling but I expect many would find it niche, nay boring. Hey ho.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 20:47 - Sep 30 with 5104 viewsdistortR

Half decent tv on 14:52 - Sep 30 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm finally getting into Black Books, having only ever watched an episode here and there for before.

Absolute quality.

Fran : Do you know that in Tibet when they want something they give something away?
Bernard : Do they? That must be why they're such a dominant global power.

love black books, abide by the job interview quote, 'whatever you do, don't be yourself'
Half decent tv on 17:24 - Oct 6 with 4965 viewsRanger_Things

David Attenborough's A life on our planet. Netflix.
Half decent tv on 18:16 - Oct 6 with 4890 views2Thomas2Bowles

Netflix a couple that are worth a watch is somewhat dark and sad.

American Murder made from CCTV, bodycam, and phone footage.

The Nightingale
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 18:29]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Half decent tv on 20:38 - Oct 6 with 4834 views2Thomas2Bowles

@ 9pm tonight BBC2 Surgeons at the edge of life.

Half decent tv on 07:52 - Oct 7 with 4773 viewsjohnhoop

Don’t know if anyone else has seen it but I thought “The Sect” on All 4 was a very good Russian thriller.
Half decent tv on 08:36 - Oct 7 with 4745 viewsChrisNW6

Just finished Ratched and it was very good. Visually stunning and very dark at times. Some great casting and quirky plot twists.
Half decent tv on 09:00 - Oct 7 with 4707 views2Thomas2Bowles

Half decent tv on 08:36 - Oct 7 by ChrisNW6

Just finished Ratched and it was very good. Visually stunning and very dark at times. Some great casting and quirky plot twists.

Can't decide to watch it or not, One flew over the cuckoo's nest being one of my favorite films sort of puts me off.

Half decent tv on 09:46 - Oct 7 with 4683 viewsJPC

Half decent tv on 18:22 - Jun 16 by johnhoop

Thanks for the reassurance Brian. I actually quite envy you if you’re only a couple of episodes in and you’ve got all the rest of it still to watch.

If you like that - watch Braquo
Half decent tv on 10:03 - Oct 7 with 4660 viewsjohnhoop

Half decent tv on 09:46 - Oct 7 by JPC

Unfortunately I already have, two or three years ago and would heartily endorse your recommendation. It was pretty compulsive viewing and we binged our way through all of the series in very little time.
Half decent tv on 09:51 - Oct 8 with 4580 viewspeejaybee

Half decent tv on 09:46 - Oct 7 by JPC

Best thing to come out of France since Bridget Bardo.?

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Half decent tv on 18:54 - Oct 10 with 4484 viewsRanger_Things

Shout out to ToastR!

I fancied watching some Sci-fi but couldn't find anything new, so went for vintage instead: Battlestar Gallactica on iPlayer.

Enjoying so far.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 20:50]
Half decent tv on 08:10 - Oct 11 with 4404 viewsDorse

For sheer schlock exuberance and repeated mastery of the word 'c unt' from Karl Urban, The Boys on Amazon is hard to beat.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Half decent tv on 02:40 - Oct 13 with 4316 viewsmarkrtid

Half decent tv on 08:10 - Oct 11 by Dorse

For sheer schlock exuberance and repeated mastery of the word 'c unt' from Karl Urban, The Boys on Amazon is hard to beat.

Great ending. Urban can do no wrong as far as Im concerned. He kept his helmet on when being Dredd.
I wish I did!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024