Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 558667 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 11:23 - May 17 with 7593 viewsgordanoR

Half decent tv on 11:11 - May 17 by MrSheen

Niiiiiice, he was great in Boardwalk Empire too. I'll look it up.

Forgot about that, yeah he was great in that too. Hap & Leonard is on Amazon if that helps, also stars Christina Hendricks, which gives another 2 good reasons to watch, it & James Purefoy.
Half decent tv on 12:16 - May 17 with 7559 viewsPhildo

Half decent tv on 10:34 - May 17 by stuabd

The latest series of the Americans is good but slow. The last 2 episodes have picked up though. Great characters.

I've been watching Crime Story People vs ..OJ and am enjoying that as I missed it first time round. John Travolta's portrayal of Shapiro is interesting.

The OJ documentary which won the Oscar is on iplayer and is superb. 7 hours but well worth it.
Half decent tv on 12:23 - May 17 with 7537 viewssimmo

Half decent tv on 12:16 - May 17 by Phildo

The OJ documentary which won the Oscar is on iplayer and is superb. 7 hours but well worth it.

That's next on my list - especially as it's available to download on Netflix meaning I can watch it on the tube - that's been a game changer!

I've also recently watched Five Came Back - a short series about the biggest directors in Hollywood at the time going to WW2 and what they documented, etc. Some great contributions from Spielberg, Coppola, etc. Worth a watch.

Sad to say I have also finished Rick & Morty after burning through it. Slightly odd animated series about a drunk genius fckin about and dragging his grandson with him.
http://junkee.com/the-mad-genius-of-adult-swims-rick-and-morty/62141
[Post edited 17 May 2017 12:25]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Half decent tv on 13:03 - May 17 with 7513 viewsQPR_Jim

Half decent tv on 12:23 - May 17 by simmo

That's next on my list - especially as it's available to download on Netflix meaning I can watch it on the tube - that's been a game changer!

I've also recently watched Five Came Back - a short series about the biggest directors in Hollywood at the time going to WW2 and what they documented, etc. Some great contributions from Spielberg, Coppola, etc. Worth a watch.

Sad to say I have also finished Rick & Morty after burning through it. Slightly odd animated series about a drunk genius fckin about and dragging his grandson with him.
http://junkee.com/the-mad-genius-of-adult-swims-rick-and-morty/62141
[Post edited 17 May 2017 12:25]

I do love Rick and Morty, Season 3 should be out soon,episode 1 has already aired and should be available online if you haven't already found it, the rest of season 3 to be confirmed soon hopefully.
Half decent tv on 21:19 - Jun 29 with 7300 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've watched four episodes of Netflix's 'El Chapo' so far and I'm tempted to say that it's more layered than 'Narcos' and better for it. I don't usually like shoot-em-ups but this has something else, a bit of political chicanery and police corruption, some intrigue.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 23:06 - Jun 29 with 7232 viewsMrSheen

The latest House of Cards is like running through treacle. I can't bring myself to watch the last few.

Catching up belatedly with the first series of Bloodline, two more in the can waiting. It's really turning the screw very cleverly, and it's got the great Ben Mendelsohn, the sleaze bag's sleaze bag. he must have won a prize from the tobacco industry, never seen a character smoke so much.
Half decent tv on 07:23 - Jun 30 with 7175 viewsE17hoop

The current series of Fear the Walking Dead has stepped up its game significantly; the last pair of episodes have been outstanding.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Half decent tv on 08:53 - Jun 30 with 7136 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Series 2 of Versailles was even better than series 1.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 09:21 - Jun 30 with 7119 viewssimmo

Half decent tv on 13:03 - May 17 by QPR_Jim

I do love Rick and Morty, Season 3 should be out soon,episode 1 has already aired and should be available online if you haven't already found it, the rest of season 3 to be confirmed soon hopefully.

Season 3 of Rik and Morty starting on Adult Swin July 30th :-)

Finished 'The Keepers' recently about the murder of a nun to cover up abuse by priests in Baltimore. It was quite hard going and fairly slow but some interesting stories for those that have dedicated their lives to it.

Just started the Fargo TV series, 3 seasons should keep me busy for a while.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2017 9:25]

Half decent tv on 10:05 - Jun 30 with 7085 viewsstonebridgers

I have enjoyed the comedy White Gold on BBC2 written by one of the lads that wrote The Inbetweeners ( not sure if it is the QPR fan) and has two of the actors in it.

Stonebridgers

Half decent tv on 10:30 - Jun 30 with 7060 viewsFDC

Anyone else enjoying The Handmaid's Tale? Some obvious similarities with Children of Men (infertility crisis, fascism etc). Great performances, very visually striking.

Half decent tv on 11:07 - Jun 30 with 7015 viewsdanehoop

Half decent tv on 08:32 - May 17 by Phildo

American Gods on Amazon is pretty bonkers so far but I am enjoying it. Especially the woman who eats people through her vag.

Likewise Phildo, watched it through to conclusion of first series last week and thought, wow, compelling and visually stunning television with a good cast. Beyond that its batshit crazy, but well done batshit crazy.

Never knowingly understood

Half decent tv on 12:17 - Jun 30 with 6970 viewsDorse

Half decent tv on 11:07 - Jun 30 by danehoop

Likewise Phildo, watched it through to conclusion of first series last week and thought, wow, compelling and visually stunning television with a good cast. Beyond that its batshit crazy, but well done batshit crazy.

I'm three episodes in and loving it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Half decent tv on 12:26 - Jun 30 with 6953 viewsrrrspricey

Half decent tv on 12:17 - Jun 30 by Dorse

I'm three episodes in and loving it.

Am about 300 pages into the book and can't wait to see how it pans out on TV

Goliath on Netflix was good as was Designated Survivor. One of my favourite TV series was The Following with Kevin Bacon...brilliant
Half decent tv on 23:53 - Jun 30 with 6854 viewsTacticalR

Half decent tv on 10:30 - Jun 30 by FDC

Anyone else enjoying The Handmaid's Tale? Some obvious similarities with Children of Men (infertility crisis, fascism etc). Great performances, very visually striking.

Very good, very dark, with some parallels with what's going on now in the US on abortion. Btw, it doesn't just bash the fash - there are also some digs at Green politics.

Air hostess clique

Half decent tv on 05:20 - Jul 4 with 6689 viewsLadbrokeR

Stumbled across the first episode of a new TV drama called fearless last night. I thought it was quite good
Half decent tv on 11:41 - Jul 4 with 6609 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Finished the first series of 'El Chapo', and I preferred it Narcos. Much more layered, better script, better direction, better acting, too, maybe.

Second series has already been commissioned.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 13:18 - Jul 4 with 6565 viewssimmo

Half decent tv on 11:41 - Jul 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Finished the first series of 'El Chapo', and I preferred it Narcos. Much more layered, better script, better direction, better acting, too, maybe.

Second series has already been commissioned.

I'm on that right after Fargo, which I am enjoying, but is a little slow paced for what I am after atm...

Also interested in taking th eplunge with American Gods from people that have said it's visually amazing, although I am put off by the same people saying there's no clear idea of what is actually going on!

Also in the works is a new series of Tremors! Kevin Bacon signed up so I am keen. I hope it's either really good and well made, or so bad that it's still good. I won't accept ANYTHING inbetween.

Half decent tv on 15:01 - Jul 4 with 6522 viewsmarkrtid

Half decent tv on 16:07 - Jul 4 with 6489 viewssimmo

PREACHER SEASON 2 *thumbs up*

None of it a patch on the graphic novels, but it's still really entertaining stuff.

Half decent tv on 09:19 - Jul 6 with 6412 viewsrobith

Half decent tv on 10:30 - Jun 30 by FDC

Initially I was struggling to put aside my thoughts from the book compared to the show (everything looks too nice, I felt in the book Gilead was meant to be a bit grubby and run down) and I question some of the world building choices, but it actually is pretty brilliant. The episode with the single shot in the van was one of the much wrenching things I've ever seen.

Concerned they're making a second series - the book isn't exactly choc full of plot to begin with, and book adaptations that go off piste from adapting often end up weaker for it (looking at you Game of Thrones)
Half decent tv on 10:09 - Jul 6 with 6384 viewsFDC

Half decent tv on 09:19 - Jul 6 by robith

Initially I was struggling to put aside my thoughts from the book compared to the show (everything looks too nice, I felt in the book Gilead was meant to be a bit grubby and run down) and I question some of the world building choices, but it actually is pretty brilliant. The episode with the single shot in the van was one of the much wrenching things I've ever seen.

Concerned they're making a second series - the book isn't exactly choc full of plot to begin with, and book adaptations that go off piste from adapting often end up weaker for it (looking at you Game of Thrones)

I've not read the book but I've been wondering the same about whether they're going to try to squeeze a second series out of it. I watched the penultimate episode last night, and it does feel like it's headed that way.

The 'gender-traitor' bit with the shot out of the back of the van really was heart-breaking. In fact the pathos throughout is really affecting (e.g. the scene last night with Ofwarren/Janine on the bridge), some really great performances.
Half decent tv on 10:25 - Jul 6 with 6355 viewsdaveB

Love Island is a must watch at the moment
Half decent tv on 10:38 - Jul 6 with 6348 viewsFDC

Half decent tv on 10:25 - Jul 6 by daveB

Love Island is a must watch at the moment

Half decent tv on 10:58 - Jul 6 with 6322 viewsozexile

Bloodline on Netflix is excellent. Also stumbled across mind horn. Very funny.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024