Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the oldies 17:52 - May 2 with 9402 views3swan

35 years

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/9440622.stm
For the oldies on 21:13 - May 4 with 1177 viewsBrynmill_Jack

For the oldies on 17:09 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

Dads are always more bothered about their young daughters I suspect !

I was short as well (still am) so could never see anything!
[Post edited 4 May 2016 17:09]

Yeah bit SSsimon wasn't a girl and he got in the stand. Mind you, if Tommy was eight childline will be after his dad lol.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

For the oldies on 00:32 - May 5 with 1118 viewsRuDeMan1970

For the oldies on 23:16 - May 2 by dulaisjack

i wonder how many of the 10,000 that went to preston still go regularley to the liberty myself and 2 others from llandeilo still go, wonder how many more on here.

I was almost 11 that day but didn't go (first away trip allowed by my mam was Liverpool in '82) but my dad was at Preston which was 2 days before his 46th birthday (the age I turn this year)...and he's STILL a season ticket holder! He turned 81 yesterday (Wednesday) and his health is failing now but he's as big a Jack now as when he first went down The Vetch in 1946!!

..."who will guard the guards..?"

For the oldies on 02:15 - May 5 with 1095 viewsBrynmill_Jack

For the oldies on 00:32 - May 5 by RuDeMan1970

I was almost 11 that day but didn't go (first away trip allowed by my mam was Liverpool in '82) but my dad was at Preston which was 2 days before his 46th birthday (the age I turn this year)...and he's STILL a season ticket holder! He turned 81 yesterday (Wednesday) and his health is failing now but he's as big a Jack now as when he first went down The Vetch in 1946!!

Good on him Rudeman !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

For the oldies on 11:46 - May 5 with 1049 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

For the oldies on 21:13 - May 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah bit SSsimon wasn't a girl and he got in the stand. Mind you, if Tommy was eight childline will be after his dad lol.

He also took me to the Swans v Palace game at ninian park the F@cking lunatic !😄

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

For the oldies on 15:33 - May 5 with 1018 viewscostalotta

For the oldies on 23:57 - May 3 by londonlisa2001

God was it really 35 years ago - of course it must be. Can remember it as clearly as if it was last week. Picking up the bus from the old bus garage behind the East Bank with my father. Brother upset because he was only 9 and my Mum wouldn't let him go with us. I was only 13 so had a seat rather than the bank - wouldn't have been able to see anything on the bank. Sat in a stand full of Swans fans next to the away bank - opposite side to where Leighton cut in from.

Just everyone screaming when Charlo's went in - been a bit under the cosh before that. Players up on the fences.

That walk back to the buses. People falling asleep on the way back with emotional exhaustion. Woken up every half hour by someone on the bus yelling come one mun we won, why aren't we singing to be greeted by a few half hearted songs before everyone went back to sleep. Back into Swansea in the middle of the night in a huge convoy with cars everywhere around the Vetch waiting for the buses to take everyone home.

Racing to look at the Post (which I still have - the 'First Division' one).

I'd be alright if I could remember everything else from the last 35 years as clearly as I can remember that day !!

Yes, like it was yesterday.i was 13 years old too. i got on the coach from swansea library early morning. Was in the stand behind the goal wher we scored the first 2 goals; James and Craig. So, you must have been near some Blackburn supporters? To the left of where we were..I remember they'd gone to support Preston? Their game that day was at Bristol rovers, which they also won. Anyway, also, I remember des lynham being over that side of the stadium conducting post match interviews too. The crowd wanted on the pitch and were singing open the gates, open the gates! Fantastic day. When we got home the sporting post waiting which I still read occasionally along with the program from that day. I went back up the a few years later on our way back down the league. It was a midweek game and got ticket from one of our players, might have been pat mquillan. Probably went for nostalgia reasons... We lost but I remember dean Saunders scoring a screamer!
[Post edited 5 May 2016 15:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024