Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR - where do you live? 21:35 - May 9 with 23258 viewsNW10Hoop

As seems to be case with many Londoners, me and my wife are starting to think of of moving a bit further out of town now that we have a kid. Usual reasons - decent schools, bit more green, hopefully a bigger gaff that's more affordable, know your neighbours etc.

There isn't a box to tick on rightmove that selects QPR territory, or at least near enough to Loftus rd to get there easily enough. Did any of you start in W12 and move outwards? Or did you grow up in QPR territory further out? What are the traditional QPR territories?

I know it's not the most important thing when looking at a possible new place to live, but thought it was worth an ask
[Post edited 9 May 2016 21:38]
Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:38 - May 9 with 10971 viewsdaveB

I moved out to Langley which is near Slough, half an hour on train from Loftus Road. A strong mix of QPR and Chelsea around here
Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:38 - May 9 with 10972 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Born in Colindale NW9. Used to be lots of Rangers there in the early 70's.

Live in Cork now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:40 - May 9 with 10959 viewsLongsufferingR

Unless you move out West, I suppose you'll struggle to find a hotbed of Rangers. I went from Shepherd's Bush Green to Wandsworth to Surrey, and now face a battle to ward off the usual Chelsea, United etc. influences from my little boy. Best thing I ever did moving out of London though when the kids came along.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:49 - May 9 with 10915 viewsHOOPNO7

I was living in Ruislip until Feb, now live in Highworth Wilts so 160 mile round trip on the M4 for home games.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:49 - May 9 with 10912 viewsHollowayRanger

where do i live?

in a house of course! boom boom!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:50 - May 9 with 10907 viewswombat

Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:40 - May 9 by LongsufferingR

Unless you move out West, I suppose you'll struggle to find a hotbed of Rangers. I went from Shepherd's Bush Green to Wandsworth to Surrey, and now face a battle to ward off the usual Chelsea, United etc. influences from my little boy. Best thing I ever did moving out of London though when the kids came along.

Harefield for me , grew up being able to see the floodlights from my bedroom window . Fair few rangers out this way , Hillingdon Ruislip etc easy into town as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:51 - May 9 with 10904 viewsDannytheR

Still in London (with a kid!)

Started out in the Grove and the Bush when I was a kid myself, then here, there and everywhere, now over the river in Wandsworth.

Nothing but Chelsea round here, sadly. Funnily enough, the nearest ground to us by far is Craven Cottage - and I don't know and as far as I know haven't even met a Fulham fan in almost 10 years in the area.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:56 - May 9 with 10890 viewsHayesender

Grew up in Vespan Road in the Bush. Could hear the noise on Saturday afternoons from the garden, which is where my love of the club comes from.

Moved out to Hayes about 15 years ago, and literally hate everything about the place.

All being well financially, will be moving out Basingstoke way in the next 18 months/2 years

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:19 - May 9 with 10830 viewsPunteR

Born Roehampton. Grew up around Richmond. Now live in Bracknell.
Good area to live in Bracknell. Near M3,M4 . 30- 45 min to London. 1hr 30 to the coast.
Got lots of lovely countryside nearby. Wokingham, Windsor,Ascot,Windlesham around you with lots of nice country pubs. The town center is being redeveloped at the moment so that will improve it, as it was garbage when i first moved here 15 years ago.
Schools are fairly good. Plenty of parks . There is quite a lot of new houses and estates with new schools etc going up, so its definitely a popular area. Not sure what house prices are like now around here but defiantly cheaper than London and there's a lot more space for bigger properties.
There's quite a few rangers around as well, although you do have to put up with a lot of Reading fans.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:23 - May 9 with 10804 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I'm in Purley in Surrey. Plenty of great schools and green spaces here. Gatwick is on your doorstep, the coast and countryside are also close and transport links superb into town. I have no trouble getting to QPR either on the overground.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:30 - May 9 with 10770 viewsRoller

Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:23 - May 9 by CroydonCaptJack

I'm in Purley in Surrey. Plenty of great schools and green spaces here. Gatwick is on your doorstep, the coast and countryside are also close and transport links superb into town. I have no trouble getting to QPR either on the overground.

I'm just down the road from Jack ^^^
Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:36 - May 9 with 10752 viewsToast_R

Grew up in Merton, very few Rangers there- mostly Chelsea with a fair few Dons in the late 80s. Was a great place to grow up but since the turn of the century like most Greater London borough's, the prices of homes has sky rocketed. My parents next-door neighbours have just put there house up for sale, asking for 1.3M -a 3 bed house with a loft extension. So I've no chance of living where I grew up.

My wife and I moved out to Molesey in Surrey in 2012. Love it here. Decent community, pubs and far enough out of the hustle and bustle although a train from Hampton Court gets us into the city inside 45 minutes. Met a couple of R's around here but to be honest, dare I say it, there's no real team of preference. Molesey FC have been doing alright in the Rymans South- just fell short of the playoffs.
[Post edited 9 May 2016 22:39]
Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:36 - May 9 with 10752 viewseghamranger

I'm in Egham. Close to Heathrow, M25 and 40 mins to Waterloo on train. Got a Tesco in town and a 24hr budgens, few pubs and plenty of restaurants. Loftus road is easy to get to driving or on the train. Level crossings are a pain round here though. Good schools, parks, close to Windsor, ticks my boxes.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:39 - May 9 with 10744 viewsted_hendrix

Born in Queen Charlotte’s hospital Hammersmith, grew up in various areas from Highlever Road to Richmond.
Joined the Army in 1966 fcked off out of the Army in 1970 moved to Basingstoke met er indoors so got married.
Bought a detached house in 1980 in a beautiful village in West Berkshire where we've been ever since and I wouldn't swop it for anything.
Raised two cracking lads (both forcibly Rangers) one now living in Kent and one living further West than me in Lambourne.
There are still a few Rangers in and around Newbury although I don't hardly see them any more, I used to be the driver for away games.
I found the travel to home games along with the shyte on the pitch and mis-management of the club over the last few Years a 'bridge too far' hence why I don't go to the Rangers any-more, It's a shame but that's how it is.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:47 - May 9 with 10721 viewsdanehoop

Lived in Ruislip til I went overseas with work, now settled in leafy Epsom after 25 years travelling around the world living in Denmark, Slovenia and China. Epsom is a great place other than being very much Chelshit area. My eldest is very much a ranger, like he ever had a choice. Journey time to h.q.is about 90 mins each way by train and tube, which isn't too bad.

Never knowingly understood

Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:49 - May 9 with 10717 viewswestberksr

Grew up in Hayes and the Rangers link was Dad with family in East Acton.

As soon as I was told enough I moved from Hayes, went out to Uxbridge, the Ickenham but then into Ealing which I loved. Divorce and new wife took me out to Warfield (North Bracknell) and the eventually further west to Berks/Wilts border.

70 odd miles to HQ via Hayes to pick up the old man.

Love where I am, due to the horse racing community it's a feckin madhouse. Just got back from playing footy with AP McCoy, which is the sort of odd shit I get to do!
Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:53 - May 9 with 10712 viewsnumbers912

born up north but grew up in Isleworth, then Hillingdon and Twickenham. Now in Cheltenham after a period in New Zealand. HQ a couple of hours via car to Northolt then tube.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:10 - May 9 with 10676 viewsCamberleyR

Grew up in Camberley, (was the only QPR fan in my schools AFAIK) moved to Farnborough, Hants four years ago. Farmborough has a crap town centre but you're not far from better ones in Guildford, Reading, Camberley, Basingstoke. It does have excellent transport links though, ten minutes from the M3 and an excellent mainline train service that can get to Waterloo in 35-40 minutes. It also has a couple of other stations on the Reading - Gatwick line. You're also only about 20-25 minutes drive from lovely countryside. When I lived in Camberley and still went to games regularly it would be about an hour's drive.

House prices like in most commuter towns I expect, are rocketing. A two bed mid terrace (no garage, one parking space) on my new build estate was on the market a couple of weeks ago for £315k and has just sold although I'd say that's overpriced. Something half decent within a five mile radius from Farnborough , three/four bed detached with garage you'd be looking at something like £375-425k.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:31 - May 9 with 10643 viewsTripper

Grew up in Stonebridge, spent a couple of years in Willesden before moving to Mill Hill for 10 years.

Moved out to Watford a year ago and surprised how much I like it here.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:54 - May 9 with 10602 viewsBoston

What's wrong with NW10 then, remember I only have an hour?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Non QPR - where do you live? on 00:16 - May 10 with 10569 viewsloftboy

Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:19 - May 9 by PunteR

Good area to live in Bracknell. Near M3,M4 . 30- 45 min to London. 1hr 30 to the coast.
Got lots of lovely countryside nearby. Wokingham, Windsor,Ascot,Windlesham around you with lots of nice country pubs. The town center is being redeveloped at the moment so that will improve it, as it was garbage when i first moved here 15 years ago.
Schools are fairly good. Plenty of parks . There is quite a lot of new houses and estates with new schools etc going up, so its definitely a popular area. Not sure what house prices are like now around here but defiantly cheaper than London and there's a lot more space for bigger properties.
There's quite a few rangers around as well, although you do have to put up with a lot of Reading fans.

Until they moved from elm park there was only a handful of Reading fans in Bracknell, was always more qpr, changed now though, just moved back to Bracknell after 25 years in Chertsey, despite what some say i love it, lived here for 23 years previous to that (from birth)

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Non QPR - where do you live? on 00:20 - May 10 with 10564 viewsNeil_SI

I was also born in Queen Charlotte's Hospital and lived on Goodwin Road in Shepherds Bush, which is the street The Crown & Sceptre are on.

Now live in N10 in Muswell Hill, where I've bought a flat. I occasionally see one or two Rs fans around here, which is nice, though not many. Muswell Hill is a lovely area, generally with friendly familiar faces, friendly neighbours and a bit more green than some. But it's expensive and has recently been the fastest rising area in the country for house prices.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 00:45 - May 10 with 10543 viewsstowmarketrange

Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:19 - May 9 by PunteR

Born in Battersea,but rehoused when our whole street was flattened to make for high rise blocks.Moved to Roehampton in 68 and spent 16 years there.An easy 72 bus ride away from Loftus Road.And in the middle of Richmond Park,Wimbledon Common and Barnes Common.What a great place for an active kid to grow up.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 01:00 - May 10 with 10535 viewsvegasranger

Born in Hammersmith Hospital. Spent first year around Paddington. Was adopted and mover to Redhill, Surrey. Moved to Las Vegas in 2000.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 07:18 - May 10 with 10410 viewsFearless

Non QPR - where do you live? on 01:00 - May 10 by vegasranger

Born in Hammersmith Hospital. Spent first year around Paddington. Was adopted and mover to Redhill, Surrey. Moved to Las Vegas in 2000.

Grew up in Harrow- moved to Watford in 1988 with the current Mrs F.

Lots of money being spent on the town centre. Decent schools with boys and girls grammar and others. Nice green space in cassiobury park with Grand Union canal running through it.

But the very Best thing about Watford is the transport:
Watford Met to Baker Street 40 mins
Watford junction to Euston 16 mins (and trains run till 2.00am!)
Watford junction to Shepherd's Bush 28 mins (1 an hour)

M1/M25 within easy reach.
Heathrow/Luton airport 15 miles each.

So, the best thing about Watford is leaving it!

Loads of QPR in Watford, Bushey, Hemel etc

(Edit - oops didn't mean to hit reply)
[Post edited 10 May 2016 7:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024