Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Les Ferdinand interview 11:07 - May 23 with 24157 viewsNorthernr

Three parts to this, don't say I don't do anything for you...

Part one is about the background to him getting the job, Harry Redknapp, that January transfer window...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/42910

Part two is on Chris Ramsey, Neil Warnock and Steve Gallen and everything that happened basically July to December last year.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/42911

And part three is this summer and next season

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/42912
Les Ferdinand interview on 11:37 - May 23 with 13992 viewssimmo

Such a brilliant and direct insight. It's a privilege to have access to such a senior figure and have answers to questions every fan of all clubs must have. Great work

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Les Ferdinand interview on 11:39 - May 23 with 13979 viewsPinnerPaul

What Simmo said, excellent stuff.

Unlike Tony at times, I senses LF is prepared to defend an unpopular position and stand by the decisions he makes.

I see you didn't have to ask HIM, the same question 3 times to get a decent response, unlike with Tony.

Is that how he came across in person?

Thanks
Les Ferdinand interview on 11:47 - May 23 with 13919 viewsFDC

Great stuff, thanks Clive.
Les Ferdinand interview on 11:49 - May 23 with 13893 viewsdaveB

Blimey, well done Clive, great interview
Les Ferdinand interview on 11:55 - May 23 with 13869 viewscalHoop

A brilliant interview, with Les coming across very well. He's had to make some tough decisions, but never seems to shy away from explaining why in detail.

He's clearly irked by the Gallen issue, quite rightly, some of the comments on twitter about it have been uncalled for, whether you thought it right or wrong. It's clear that some want the regime to fail as a result.

He sounds enthused and excited by the challenge though. And so far, he's done everything he's set out to. Consolidated, slashed the wage bill, found one or two decent players for next to nothing, shipped out some of the overpaid dross for a season, kept the club out of the papers for the wrong reasons, and is laying foundations for a more respected, respectful and better run football club.

Along with Hoos the best signing we've made in a long time.
Les Ferdinand interview on 12:10 - May 23 with 13778 viewsBostonR

Well done Clive - fantastic insight. Feeling better about next season.
Les Ferdinand interview on 12:11 - May 23 with 13779 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Doesn't fugg about with his words does he?

Great interview. Thanks Clive and well done.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Les Ferdinand interview on 12:39 - May 23 with 13623 viewsPunteR

Interesting read, thanks Clive.
LF is no mug. Its good to see someone finally doing things for the best interests of the club.
QPR seems to be in good hands these days.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Les Ferdinand interview on 13:26 - May 23 with 13373 viewsJamieNaz

Thanks for this.
Really interesting read and I think LF comes over very well.

Glad he's involved in our club as he clearly cares
Les Ferdinand interview on 13:35 - May 23 with 13313 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thanks Clive, fascinating and encouraging interview. His thoughts on expectations are spot on IMO.

Bare bones.

Les Ferdinand interview on 13:45 - May 23 with 13243 viewsenfieldargh

Fantastic interview, I dont know how many QPR fans actually visit this wonderful site, I think the club she put a link to it so every QPR fan gets the opportunity to read it.

Great stuff, makes me want to kick the cat and sing hallelujah at the same time

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Les Ferdinand interview on 13:54 - May 23 with 13191 viewsDannytheR

Loads of interesting stuff in there.

In particular, should be a bit of a wake up call to some fans as to where we are now financially. Not seen it spelled out quite so starkly that, in light of FFP, the mind-boggling fiscal prolapse of Uncle Bungle's Wright Phillips years and (you imagine) the increasing unlikelihood of Old Oak, we're back to square one with a vengeance.

The problem with expecting us to go straight back up and stamping your feet when we only finish mid-table is that TF not only spent a huge amount of Tune's money, he also spent all of what was actually ours after reaching the Prem in the first place. And it was all an utter waste of time.

The board, successive managers and god knows how many agents and players have left us in a terrible state. Having spent pretty much my entire time as a Rangers fan moaning about the club hierarchy, I'm relieved Les and Hoos are there to pick up the pieces. But this could be a long old haul.
Les Ferdinand interview on 14:05 - May 23 with 13122 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How do you arrange these Northern? Did you contact his agent direct or did the Media chaps do it for you?
[Post edited 23 May 2016 14:06]
Les Ferdinand interview on 14:08 - May 23 with 13094 viewsNorthernr

Les Ferdinand interview on 14:05 - May 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

How do you arrange these Northern? Did you contact his agent direct or did the Media chaps do it for you?
[Post edited 23 May 2016 14:06]

Interview request into the media team.
Les Ferdinand interview on 14:12 - May 23 with 13057 viewsdaveB

Les Ferdinand interview on 13:54 - May 23 by DannytheR

Loads of interesting stuff in there.

In particular, should be a bit of a wake up call to some fans as to where we are now financially. Not seen it spelled out quite so starkly that, in light of FFP, the mind-boggling fiscal prolapse of Uncle Bungle's Wright Phillips years and (you imagine) the increasing unlikelihood of Old Oak, we're back to square one with a vengeance.

The problem with expecting us to go straight back up and stamping your feet when we only finish mid-table is that TF not only spent a huge amount of Tune's money, he also spent all of what was actually ours after reaching the Prem in the first place. And it was all an utter waste of time.

The board, successive managers and god knows how many agents and players have left us in a terrible state. Having spent pretty much my entire time as a Rangers fan moaning about the club hierarchy, I'm relieved Les and Hoos are there to pick up the pieces. But this could be a long old haul.

It will take a long time to get back, I don't see us being back in the prem for at least 5 years
Les Ferdinand interview on 14:13 - May 23 with 13056 viewsNorthernr

Les Ferdinand interview on 11:39 - May 23 by PinnerPaul

What Simmo said, excellent stuff.

Unlike Tony at times, I senses LF is prepared to defend an unpopular position and stand by the decisions he makes.

I see you didn't have to ask HIM, the same question 3 times to get a decent response, unlike with Tony.

Is that how he came across in person?

Thanks

I was really impressed with him, but then I've been really impressed with him since he got here.

He was very direct and straight talking. No bullsht.

He was also very professional, quite often in any interview there's little bits and pieces off the record on the side "let me tell you a story about so and so not for publication just to give you an idea of what I mean..." followed by some hideous tale of how player a b or c behaved but there was none of that, everything he said he said on the record whether it was good or bad.
Les Ferdinand interview on 14:14 - May 23 with 13046 viewsAntti_Heinola

Les Ferdinand interview on 14:12 - May 23 by daveB

It will take a long time to get back, I don't see us being back in the prem for at least 5 years

Could happen at any time, Dave. I don't think it will happen for a while, but in football terms 5 years is light years away. Look what Bournemouth have done in the same time period.

Bare bones.

Les Ferdinand interview on 14:18 - May 23 with 13019 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Les Ferdinand interview on 14:08 - May 23 by Northernr

Interview request into the media team.

I think if we're giving credit where credit is due, Ian Taylor has gone from Comical Ali to CJ Cregg since the change in administration. In hindsight it might have been Beard's (or someone else's) words in his mouth.

Used to boil my piss reading his stuff.
[Post edited 23 May 2016 14:19]
Les Ferdinand interview on 14:20 - May 23 with 13003 viewsRedbourneR

Great interview Clive. Steady hands, from the sound of it, with Les; we might not agree with every decision or analysis but he's made them and it's clear he'll stick with them. About the most reassuring element of the Board I can think of.
Les Ferdinand interview on 14:27 - May 23 with 12966 viewsMaggsinho

Les Ferdinand interview on 14:13 - May 23 by Northernr

I was really impressed with him, but then I've been really impressed with him since he got here.

He was very direct and straight talking. No bullsht.

He was also very professional, quite often in any interview there's little bits and pieces off the record on the side "let me tell you a story about so and so not for publication just to give you an idea of what I mean..." followed by some hideous tale of how player a b or c behaved but there was none of that, everything he said he said on the record whether it was good or bad.

Did you tell him about his 'Evil Les ' rating?
Les Ferdinand interview on 14:49 - May 23 with 12831 viewsbosh67

Great pieces Clive. The key to a healthy and enjoyable future is sensible player acquisition, time and patience.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Les Ferdinand interview on 14:53 - May 23 with 12802 viewsNW10Hoop

I think we're lucky to have him. Much more than just an old boy in a token role. He strikes me as being extremely competent AND having an understanding of what QPR can be when we're being run properly and performing at our best. I don't really understand why there is a large portion of our fanbase who give him hell. Even if he was doing his job badly (which he isn't) - he didn't even seem to get a period of grace.
Les Ferdinand interview on 14:55 - May 23 with 12790 viewsJAPRANGERS

Clive, truly brilliant stuff! Thanks as always for your hard work!
Les Ferdinand interview on 15:03 - May 23 with 12754 viewsLongsufferingR

Great interview Clive. Answers all of the issues that needed clarifying and should keep the conspiracy theorists quiet for five or six minutes.
Les Ferdinand interview on 15:16 - May 23 with 12677 viewsdaveB

Les Ferdinand interview on 14:14 - May 23 by Antti_Heinola

Could happen at any time, Dave. I don't think it will happen for a while, but in football terms 5 years is light years away. Look what Bournemouth have done in the same time period.

I just think it will take a few years before we are in a position to do it, could happen next year if we have a good year but I just don't expect it to happen for a while
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024