Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to make goals bigger 15:19 - Jun 21 with 1383 viewsnightwish

Seeing how few goals are being scored in the Euros and in football in general I believe it is about time football was livened up somewhat.What with coaches only playing one up front these days we need more entertainment.So often at QPR I see people looking at their phones during the match,disappearing during the game for their food and drink.I propose making the goals a meter wider.Come on FIFA earn your money I want to see more goals
Time to make goals bigger on 15:21 - Jun 21 with 1380 viewsMytch_QPR

Make the centre circle rotate at 45rpm I say.

The Welsh boys are managing with the goals at their current width

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Time to make goals bigger on 16:44 - Jun 21 with 1338 viewsToast_R

How about making the balls smaller?

Or even have two balls?
Time to make goals bigger on 16:49 - Jun 21 with 1328 views1BobbyHazell

As much as I crave it down the Rangers there is a creeping element of uber athleticism suffocating some of the more attractive football. At the Euros every time a skillful player has the ball at his feet near the 18 yard box there seem to be always 2,3 or 4 players right there, same for wingers, so rarely 1 on 1 at this tournament. A lot of midfielders who can run all day and just chase the ball from one player to the next. Most matches have been like that, fast breaks aside. It's the great equaliser between the bigger and lesser nations but as last night showed, it can be f*cking dull.
Time to make goals bigger on 16:51 - Jun 21 with 1324 viewsNorthernr

Only because we've got a brilliant goalkeeper. Six months ago I was all in favour of making them half the size and using a ball with a bell in it.
Time to make goals bigger on 16:53 - Jun 21 with 1316 viewsstevec

Time to make goals bigger on 16:49 - Jun 21 by 1BobbyHazell

As much as I crave it down the Rangers there is a creeping element of uber athleticism suffocating some of the more attractive football. At the Euros every time a skillful player has the ball at his feet near the 18 yard box there seem to be always 2,3 or 4 players right there, same for wingers, so rarely 1 on 1 at this tournament. A lot of midfielders who can run all day and just chase the ball from one player to the next. Most matches have been like that, fast breaks aside. It's the great equaliser between the bigger and lesser nations but as last night showed, it can be f*cking dull.

Yep, 5 across midfield has practically destroyed the box to box midfielder, in fact any midfielder who goes by players.

Thankfully, I witnessed Gerry Francis in his prime and cling onto those memories.
Time to make goals bigger on 16:57 - Jun 21 with 1309 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Noooooo I save fook all as it is. #dodgykeeper

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Time to make goals bigger on 17:03 - Jun 21 with 1299 viewsSimonJames

In the knockout stages, if it gets to extra time (where theoretically the teams have proved themselves to be equally matched), I would have the managers forced to take a player off every 5 minutes until a goal is scored. Then it becomes a battle of tactics between the managers, as well as a test of players' stamina.
Also it is unlikely that a penalty shootout would ever be necessary since they would be playing 5-aside at the end of the 30 minutes.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Time to make goals bigger on 17:04 - Jun 21 with 1297 viewsloftboy

It was my thought exactly when Fulham.put the 6th past us, "god we could do with bigger goals"

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Time to make goals bigger on 17:04 - Jun 21 with 1299 viewsrobith

The main issue at the Euros has been there are so many teams now they resort to survival tactics (fair play, you're not honour bound to take a spanking) combined with the format meaning teams can play for third. Kinda lost the cut throat element I loved about the tournament
Time to make goals bigger on 02:33 - Jun 22 with 1164 viewsMatch82

Sure, bigger goals.
And multi-ball, absolutely.

In fact, let's put an electric collar on the players and randomly zap one of them if they stay inside their own half for more than 3 minutes in a row.
Time to make goals bigger on 02:48 - Jun 22 with 1162 viewstimcocking

I've always thought it's one of the most obvious facts of life that a football goal is ever so slightly too small for modern men's football. Everybody would enjoy it a lot more if the goals were, just say 6 inches higher, a foot wider. Bleeding obvious. For a start, players are now 6 inches higher, and there are 10 defenders instead of 2. If it was American football, they'd just change it.

Those who may disagree, you're clearly mistaken without realising. As is the case anytime anybody ever disagrees with me.
Time to make goals bigger on 04:42 - Jun 22 with 1154 viewsFredManRave

Why not just put a height restriction on goalkeepers?! 5ft maximum.

Simples.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Time to make goals bigger on 07:10 - Jun 22 with 1122 viewsizlingtonhoop

It looks very much to me as if Joe Hart is going to be losing about an inch of apparent height in the next couple of years - along with his shampoo contract.
#callgrahamgooch
Time to make goals bigger on 08:56 - Jun 22 with 1084 viewsNorthernr

Time to make goals bigger on 17:04 - Jun 21 by robith

The main issue at the Euros has been there are so many teams now they resort to survival tactics (fair play, you're not honour bound to take a spanking) combined with the format meaning teams can play for third. Kinda lost the cut throat element I loved about the tournament

Yeh I've really enjoyed having the smaller nations like Iceland, Northern Ireland, Abania and England in this tournament, it's really aded something. But that, allied with the ridiculous situation where you can qualify in third with three points, isn't exactly encouraging a lot of attacking football is it? That Slovakia game the other night would have been great if it was winner qualifies loser goes home.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024