Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Project re-brand 09:26 - Jun 29 with 3441 viewsMytch_QPR

With the fallout of the referendum and the usual dismal display by England's footballers, the general mood has been - understandably - rather gloomy this week.

Taking a leaf from our own glorious club with their new badge and kit launch, I think it may be time that England had a re-branding exercise to cement our place in the brave post-EU world. This need not be restricted to a new name, but a whole new ethos / culture. We also desperately need a new flag - I'm not being flippant but a red cross on a white background is, frankly, bland at best. Look at Wales - they have a mythical creature. It depicts strength and it's interesting to look at. Brazil has a picture on its flag as well - I think it's a bowling ball or something, but you see what I'm getting at. When you see those white vans flying the red cross flags it reminds you of UN ambulances at a war scene - white stands for surrender and a red cross is a sign of illness / peril. It's not right and it's time to embrace change.

Any suggestions are welcome, but turning to a new name I'm thinking of the following as initial working titles:

Aquafresh / Poundland / Galabingo (dynamic)
Peoples Republic Of Nigel
South Scotchland
Drabb / Dripp / Twott / Flopp (easy to spell / text)
Xenophobia / Whitevanland / Kyle / Lager (cultural)
Greyland (similar to Greenland so could cause some confusion)
Bumcivilian

We also need that new flag - and possibly a motto or slogan. A new national anthem wouldn't go amiss.

It's going to be a brave new world after Brexit. Don't just embrace change - take it home, handcuff it to the bed and smother it with peanut butter.

I'd like some contributions. All can be sent to my underground command bunker on the outskirts of Basingstoke (look out for the abandoned shopping trolley just after the Burger King Drive-Thru)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Project re-brand on 09:40 - Jun 29 with 3421 viewswortonranger

Genius!
Maybe a giant appropriate smiley at the centre of the flag? A nice emblem for the footy team too and certainly would work for the fans.
Let's get confused.com on it for the marketing. How about Frank Spencer for PM ( and he could sing the national anthem . I suggest "Sorry seems to be the hardest word")
After all at least half of the voters hadn't a clue what they were doing thanks to our inept and dishonest leaders.
Project re-brand on 10:16 - Jun 29 with 3378 viewsconnell10

just take the red cross off the flag and have a plain white one , it could save time in the future!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Project re-brand on 10:17 - Jun 29 with 3370 views1BobbyHazell

"After all at least half of the voters hadn't a clue what they were doing thanks to our inept and dishonest leaders. "

I would always advocate the general ignoring of nearly all politicians if you really want to learn about or understand a subject. I'd certainly agree about the population not knowing what they were voting for.

In fact I'd go to say that they didn't/don't have a f**king clue, but no matter it's never too late to educate yourself and expand on your theories and view points.

http://corporateeurope.org/about-ceo

As for what we do now, here is a small start we can all get involved with

https://www.change.org/p/restore-truthful-politics-create-an-independent-office-

Let's not give up on positive outcomes.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 10:19]
Project re-brand on 10:43 - Jun 29 with 3337 viewsMytch_QPR

Project re-brand on 10:16 - Jun 29 by connell10

just take the red cross off the flag and have a plain white one , it could save time in the future!

I think this could be the basis of the new national flag - it reflects our place in the world and also embraces a sense of fun:

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024