Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe Standing 13:03 - Jul 22 with 3307 viewsCliff

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/celtics-safe-standing-section-launched

So what are peoples views on this type of standing area?

I've been coming to Loftus Road since I was a kid, and obviously stood. Back then however as a kid you could work your way down to the front so your view wasn't obscured by the adults. I don't see how this safe standing arrangement will be of any use for kids.
Safe Standing on 13:26 - Jul 22 with 3285 viewsJuzzie

It's a good idea bit it's just seats with higher backs and everyone stands up. It's not a standing section as such where people can move around.
Safe Standing on 13:54 - Jul 22 with 3257 viewsbosh67

is the video

If we put this in strategically at Loftus Road we could safely house +20K fans

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Safe Standing on 14:14 - Jul 22 with 3230 viewshoof_hearted

Does it increase capacity? Seems to just be people standing in the space where the seat used to be. I used to see about a quarter of the game as a short-arse kid on a busy day in the loft.
Safe Standing on 16:02 - Jul 22 with 3159 viewsCliff

Safe Standing on 14:14 - Jul 22 by hoof_hearted

Does it increase capacity? Seems to just be people standing in the space where the seat used to be. I used to see about a quarter of the game as a short-arse kid on a busy day in the loft.

It would increase capacity at most grounds but at LR where the legroom in non-existent I can't see them being able to get many more rows in!
Safe Standing on 16:26 - Jul 22 with 3143 viewshoof_hearted

Safe Standing on 16:02 - Jul 22 by Cliff

It would increase capacity at most grounds but at LR where the legroom in non-existent I can't see them being able to get many more rows in!

I watched the celtic clip and they could only fit one stander per step that used to hold a seat from what I could tell. I think it's width rather than leg room that would allow an increase in capacity. No chance of that at LR either, mind you.
Safe Standing on 16:31 - Jul 22 with 3135 viewsCliff

Safe Standing on 16:26 - Jul 22 by hoof_hearted

I watched the celtic clip and they could only fit one stander per step that used to hold a seat from what I could tell. I think it's width rather than leg room that would allow an increase in capacity. No chance of that at LR either, mind you.

I think I read in the FSF site that it cost ~ £500,000 to put in, I assumed just ripping out seats and adding "stands" (for lack of a better word) would be cheaper than that so I assumed they relaid the steps as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024