Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Front office playing careers 14:53 - Aug 9 with 2846 viewsMatch82

Who do we think had the best playing career, Sinton or JFH? Both capped but not extensively. JFH played at slightly higher level but Sinton with much longer career. Neither won that many trophies. What about Les, better than both?
Front office playing careers on 14:54 - Aug 9 with 2841 viewsWokingR

Sir Les, every day of the week
Front office playing careers on 15:12 - Aug 9 with 2808 viewsrsonist

No disrespec to Sinton but It's JFH, come on now. Great striker (always the guiltiest pleasure seeing him rocket them in a blue shirt...), European experience, 18 year career, retired still scoring at 36. Only reason he didn't get more international caps is because every country was stacked for strikers across that era. Kluivert, Bergkamp, van Nistelrooy, Makaay, van Hooijdonk...

Wasn't as good as Les though.
Front office playing careers on 15:18 - Aug 9 with 2796 viewsdaveB

Front office playing careers on 15:12 - Aug 9 by rsonist

No disrespec to Sinton but It's JFH, come on now. Great striker (always the guiltiest pleasure seeing him rocket them in a blue shirt...), European experience, 18 year career, retired still scoring at 36. Only reason he didn't get more international caps is because every country was stacked for strikers across that era. Kluivert, Bergkamp, van Nistelrooy, Makaay, van Hooijdonk...

Wasn't as good as Les though.

Sinton was a very good player though, best left winger in the country for several years and did ok at Sheff Wed and Spurs after he left us as well.

Les was the best of the 3 by miles though
Front office playing careers on 15:21 - Aug 9 with 2784 viewsAntti_Heinola

Front office playing careers on 15:18 - Aug 9 by daveB

Sinton was a very good player though, best left winger in the country for several years and did ok at Sheff Wed and Spurs after he left us as well.

Les was the best of the 3 by miles though

I loved Sinton, but best left winger in the country for several years?

Bare bones.

Front office playing careers on 16:09 - Aug 9 with 2736 viewsJuzzie

What the hell is a front office playing career?
Front office playing careers on 16:36 - Aug 9 with 2692 viewsstansleftfoot

Three entirely different types of player, who cannot really be compared.
What does bring them together is they demand the greatest respect for differing skill sets. What makes them similar is the effort they put into attempting to succeed both in careers and in each and every game they played.
With Sinton in the final third facing any number of defenders we knew a cross of real threat was coming over, the forwards could always make that run because they knew the cross was coming.
Ferdinand sent tremors of fear through defenders, pace, brilliant salmon like leap, intent and real skill.
Hasselbaink bought sheer strength of character to his game, no doubt created by the challenges he faced in carving out a career, it was almost like watching a boxer waiting to find the knock out punch, his shot had the power of the Muhammad Ali knock out, no back lift but the power was unquestionable.
The strength of these fellas characters if it can permeate down into the first team squad is probably our greatest quality.
It's not the buxxshxte of Redknapp but the real sinew, bone and muscle of match winners. Each and every one of these players would stretch acceptable levels of force to win individual battles, it is that McClintock, Clement, Venables, McDonald, Derry, Hill type character every club needs. The job needs to get done, we have the skill, now we need to be fit enough and willing enough to display without fear the will to go the extra yard....the signs are there in this squad, these three players will all recognise the signs....there might be the occasional risky decision but you never know your luck.....one or two punts is not a bad thing given current values/prices, turning a bad egg into a perfect soufflé is well worth the effort. We know who those players are, support Sir Lee and JFH in their efforts, it might takes two years but they will get there....look at Hall...even Onouha as a RB might make it if he's not exposed like a choir boy in the Vatican showers every Saturday afternoon....three great players, no comparisons other than they made the very best of what they where given. All make great you tube viewing....a lesson to every baller who still wants to learn and play.
Front office playing careers on 17:15 - Aug 9 with 2624 viewsdaveB

Front office playing careers on 15:21 - Aug 9 by Antti_Heinola

I loved Sinton, but best left winger in the country for several years?

I think he was in the early 90's. Barnes was past his best at that stage and Waddle was playing abroad.
Front office playing careers on 17:19 - Aug 9 with 2612 viewsbob566

Front office playing careers on 17:15 - Aug 9 by daveB

I think he was in the early 90's. Barnes was past his best at that stage and Waddle was playing abroad.

in the country or English. In the EPL in the 90s I would have thought Giggs was a little better than Andy Sinton.
Login to get fewer ads

Front office playing careers on 17:28 - Aug 9 with 2594 viewsTacticalR

Front office playing careers on 16:09 - Aug 9 by Juzzie

What the hell is a front office playing career?

Is it something to do with providing footballing solutions to a competitive results-based industry?

Air hostess clique

Front office playing careers on 18:35 - Aug 9 with 2550 viewsPunteR

Sinton was one of my favorite players. He was up there with the best of them.
Ferdinand wins the FOPC award though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Front office playing careers on 00:42 - Aug 10 with 2459 viewsbob566

Front office playing careers on 18:35 - Aug 9 by PunteR

Sinton was one of my favorite players. He was up there with the best of them.
Ferdinand wins the FOPC award though.

One of mine too but he's not Ryan giggs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024