Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold 09:29 - Sep 2 with 7028 viewsbaz_qpr

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/cole-kpekawa-barnsley-reasons-hasselbaink-110
Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 09:35 - Sep 2 with 5736 viewsbosh67

I don't think this is a case of bad eggs. By the sound of it, it is more about lots of good eggs, biscuits, cake and KFC. Plus a suspect alarm clock, which it sounds like he ate as well.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2016 9:36]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 09:36 - Sep 2 with 5725 viewsDorse

I wish I was that fat.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 09:42 - Sep 2 with 5698 viewspaulparker

If that's the case then fair play to the club & JFH
we have been crying out for a more professional approach for years, if a player cant be bothered to get fit or even turn up in the mornings to do 3 hours work ie training (which is a glorified PE lesson ) then get rid

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 09:50 - Sep 2 with 5655 viewsstevec

JFH - I like the cut of his jib
Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 09:54 - Sep 2 with 5637 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barnsley's incredible scouting of youngsters, like most signings, then, possibly came down to a call from an agent.
It's funny how much credit scouts get and how much flak agents get when a lot of the time they're in exactly the same business. Arry was brilliant for that. When he signed Palacios for Spurs the rumour was he had three separate agents in the place - and they weren't there to push up Wilson's wages.

Bare bones.

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 10:28 - Sep 2 with 5534 viewsdannyblue

Looks like Dave Mc's become an unofficial mouthpiece for the club. Better him than Q Block Pete.
Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 10:38 - Sep 2 with 5476 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't like this article. It only tells one side of a story and neither side of this story should be told in public anyway. It's gossip-mongering by the journo, by the paper and by whoever gave them the gossip.

One of the most pleasing traits shared by JFH, LF and LH is that they all do their business without drama or bluster. I hope this is just a one-off.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 10:41 - Sep 2 with 5464 viewsjonno

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 10:38 - Sep 2 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't like this article. It only tells one side of a story and neither side of this story should be told in public anyway. It's gossip-mongering by the journo, by the paper and by whoever gave them the gossip.

One of the most pleasing traits shared by JFH, LF and LH is that they all do their business without drama or bluster. I hope this is just a one-off.

Agreed. It could also open the paper up to legal action by the player concerned.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2016 10:41]
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 10:53 - Sep 2 with 5407 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 10:41 - Sep 2 by jonno

Agreed. It could also open the paper up to legal action by the player concerned.

I thought the same, to be honest, jonno.

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 10:54 - Sep 2 with 5397 viewsAntti_Heinola

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 10:41 - Sep 2 by jonno

How?
It says he was late - which is likely provable.
It says that club experts felt he wasn't watching his weight properly. That's not a slander, that's a viewpoint from an expert.
So what would he be legalling about, exactly?

Agree, though, that the article possibly wasn't necessary, but when you see the outcry from fans about his sale that Clive highlighted on social media, I'm not totally surprised the club want to find a way to explain the thinking. And I wonder if the same story had been placed about, say, Traore, anyone on here would be wringing their hands?

Bare bones.

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 10:55 - Sep 2 with 5390 viewsPinnerPaul

Only if a material fact isn't correct - all those expressed in this article are easily verifiable, so WSL would have been extremely foolish to publish something like that without checking first.
Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 10:59 - Sep 2 with 5374 viewsLongsufferingR

JFH 1 Sad fkers mouthing off on twitter 0
Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 11:02 - Sep 2 with 5360 viewsAntti_Heinola

I imagine Dave Mc would have a wry smile at being the 'mouthpiece for the club' as well, seeing as most of the time he fields criticism that he hates the club and constantly bad mouths it.

Bare bones.

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 11:05 - Sep 2 with 5338 viewsHunterhoop

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 10:38 - Sep 2 by BrianMcCarthy

It's a good point, Bri.

However, I wonder if this has been deliberately leaked/Dave Mc been encouraged/allowed to write it in order to offset and balance out the extremely OTT negative reaction from the fan base.

I was thinking of potential questions for the fans forum and one that struck me as most relevant was to ask how the club planned to charm the fanbase and get them onboard

As I've said many a time, I think Hoos, Les and JFH are doing all the right things...they're taking the right path and doing all the right casual things to hopefully deliver great results in the medium-long term, albeit "results" always have external factors influencing it which you don't control. Hence why you should only be judged on you actions, not your results. Anyway. point is, I think they're doing a lot of good.

However, as I've also said many times, the fan base, as a whole, isn't responding. We're not getting big crowds, the atmosphere isn't great, social media is awash with criticism (and utterly brain dead comments), and some fans seem to actively "hate" a true club legend in Les, who genuinely cares for the club.

I wonder I this is an example of PR where the club, rather than simply conducing their business in private and hoping people react sensibly, have decided to try to influence/manage that reaction.

If so, I can understand it. Anything that gets people behind the new order, supporting the club and being positive, is, ultimately, a good thing.
Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 11:49 - Sep 2 with 5198 viewsNorthernr

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 10:28 - Sep 2 by dannyblue

Looks like Dave Mc's become an unofficial mouthpiece for the club. Better him than Q Block Pete.

Now that's right up there
Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 12:00 - Sep 2 with 5167 viewsrsonist

I like him generally but this article really is the Sistine Chapel of Dave Mc-ness.
Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 12:03 - Sep 2 with 5145 viewsdannyblue

Well where did he get this detail from? Not Cole obviously. And where did he get the detail on all the missed summer targets in that other thoroughly interesting article?

The club have placed this information with him because they want to assuage concerns about letting Cole go.

Dave is a real journalist, so he puts his own slant on the info he's given and suggests Cole could prove them wrong.

This wasn't someone at the club breaking ranks and spilling beans, nor is it speculation by Dave. He's being fed info by the club to get a specific message out. That's PR.
Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 12:12 - Sep 2 with 5090 viewsrsonist

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 12:03 - Sep 2 by dannyblue

Well where did he get this detail from? Not Cole obviously. And where did he get the detail on all the missed summer targets in that other thoroughly interesting article?

The club have placed this information with him because they want to assuage concerns about letting Cole go.

Dave is a real journalist, so he puts his own slant on the info he's given and suggests Cole could prove them wrong.

This wasn't someone at the club breaking ranks and spilling beans, nor is it speculation by Dave. He's being fed info by the club to get a specific message out. That's PR.

There's nothing Dave relishes more than to puncture what he sees as fan herd groupthink. It may well just be coincidental that the club comes out looking better for it for a change.

You'll notice he still manages to squeeze in a dig in about Simpson at the end though just in case.
Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 12:41 - Sep 2 with 4964 viewsWokingR

Brian, I'd agree with you if he was still with the club. Then it would be in everyones interest to keep things in house whilst both parties work towards sorting things out.
In this case though, they have decided to draw a line under things, move him on and have simply stated their position.
Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 12:57 - Sep 2 with 4874 views1BobbyHazell

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 12:41 - Sep 2 by WokingR

Brian, I'd agree with you if he was still with the club. Then it would be in everyones interest to keep things in house whilst both parties work towards sorting things out.
In this case though, they have decided to draw a line under things, move him on and have simply stated their position.

Yeah, but it's not great form to sell a player and then immediately slag him off in the press. I wonder how Barnsley feel about it? Did they know? Would it affect how they view us in the future?

Also quite sad that the club has to have a policy to try and placate the implacable social media morons.
Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 13:07 - Sep 2 with 4844 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I suppose it's also possible that the info came from a player or another employee. Maybe I'm being harsh.

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 13:10 - Sep 2 with 4828 viewsFredManRave

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 13:07 - Sep 2 by BrianMcCarthy

I suppose it's also possible that the info came from a player or another employee. Maybe I'm being harsh.

You think it was "Conor The Grass" as well then?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 15:34 - Sep 2 with 4585 viewsaussiehoop

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 11:05 - Sep 2 by Hunterhoop

It's a good point, Bri.

However, I wonder if this has been deliberately leaked/Dave Mc been encouraged/allowed to write it in order to offset and balance out the extremely OTT negative reaction from the fan base.

I was thinking of potential questions for the fans forum and one that struck me as most relevant was to ask how the club planned to charm the fanbase and get them onboard

As I've said many a time, I think Hoos, Les and JFH are doing all the right things...they're taking the right path and doing all the right casual things to hopefully deliver great results in the medium-long term, albeit "results" always have external factors influencing it which you don't control. Hence why you should only be judged on you actions, not your results. Anyway. point is, I think they're doing a lot of good.

However, as I've also said many times, the fan base, as a whole, isn't responding. We're not getting big crowds, the atmosphere isn't great, social media is awash with criticism (and utterly brain dead comments), and some fans seem to actively "hate" a true club legend in Les, who genuinely cares for the club.

I wonder I this is an example of PR where the club, rather than simply conducing their business in private and hoping people react sensibly, have decided to try to influence/manage that reaction.

If so, I can understand it. Anything that gets people behind the new order, supporting the club and being positive, is, ultimately, a good thing.

As he's now a Barnsley player the article doesn't bother me one bit. Dave could've been "in the know" re young Cole for some time and may have held back publishing in the interests of some at the club.

The social media comment is spot on. Part of the reason I deleted the whole lot was some of the rubbish on the QPR page. Realised that I wouldn't have another pint in a pub full of bellends and extended the logic to the interweb.
Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 10:36 - Sep 3 with 4080 viewsloftboy

Only if they're lying

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Interesting Piece from WLS - No bad eggs allowed - Why Kpekawa was sold on 00:13 - Sep 4 with 3694 viewsPunteR

There's a whiff of PR but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I thought the article was a good insight to how Jimmy works and it looks as if he has a clear idea of the type of player he wants. Basically grafters that actually has the stamina and fitness to graft consistently (not Hill and Faurlin) plus the right attitude to graft (not Kpekawa).

Should the club be putting out this type of thing in the media?
I think in this case yes. I think we have to be seen not taking nonsense from players and agents. We look like, from this article, that we're trying to set a standard for players at the club but also potential players coming to the club.
I don't think there's sour grapes towards Barnsley at all and have stated that QPR feel there is a very good player there but he's just not right for QPR while JFH is in charge.
Seems fair enough to me.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024