Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lot better should have won 17:01 - Sep 24 with 3057 viewsbaz_qpr

Lot better had enough clear cut chances to win. Not an advocate of 4-4-2 but think both Polter and Sylla have to start. Both Poles impressed Caulker probably MOTM. Weak links for me are both full backs and Hall had a poor game. Not overly impressed with Smithies again either
Lot better should have won on 17:19 - Sep 24 with 2939 viewsWadR

Agree with almost all of that. But thought Onuoha made some good tackles today and came forward with the ball reasonably well, but his inability to pass well or with his left foot slowed down our attacks frequently.

And disagree on Smithies. Swept up well when city were playing lots of balls over the top in the first half. Made a couple of decent saves and not sure what he could do about the goal (Hall's fault imo). In the second half he barely had anything to do!

Borysiuk and Wszolek certainly were very promising.
Lot better should have won on 17:28 - Sep 24 with 2874 viewsToast_R

Much better again. Just didnt happen for Sylla up front.
Lot better should have won on 17:32 - Sep 24 with 2848 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Lot better should have won on 18:09 - Sep 24 with 2674 viewsdavman

Really? Tell me one thing Smithies did wrong today; can't see how he could be faulted tbh.

The gap today of concern was the one between our defensive two midfielders and Chery in the first 50 minutes; they just didn't link up at all. Thought Sylla did well, but he can't play WITH Polter in my opinion; they seemed to want to occupy 5he same space when Seb came on.

MOM was Wsolek, a proper winger - about bloody time! Luongo and Ariel grew into the game. Onouha STILL not a full back. Only one team going to score in the second half; it just didn't roll for us today.

Not too disappointed with that; a bit 9f a reaction at least.

Just concerned with Ngbakato. Yes, losing his father is a tragedy and it's really tough, but you just got to get back to the norm ASAP. I hope he's coping alright...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lot better should have won on 18:57 - Sep 24 with 2544 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just in the door after being at GAA matches all day. Delighted that the consensus seems to be that we were better today. On a very bad day for my Gaelic Football team this is very welcome news!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lot better should have won on 19:11 - Sep 24 with 2495 viewsDejR_vu

Credit to JFH today. Difficult when confidence is low. Stopped the rot, unfortunate not to win.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Lot better should have won on 19:19 - Sep 24 with 2451 viewsTacticalR

We were better than before, and we got some belief after we scored. Although we had some decent chances, I wouldn't go so far as to say we should have won.

And although we were better, the reality is is that we have several players that we have picked up from League One, and that has showed in recent weeks.

Air hostess clique

Lot better should have won on 19:35 - Sep 24 with 2391 viewsbosh67

I thought Smithies had a very solid game? Did I miss something. One amazing save from an offside cross, but he wasn't to know and one excellent punch out from under the near post. Thought he did fine.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Lot better should have won on 19:40 - Sep 24 with 2373 viewsTacticalR

Smithies made some good saves and I can't remember him doing a lot wrong. However, he does seem to have 'shrunk' - he just doesn't seem to have the presence he had at the beginning of the season.

Air hostess clique

Lot better should have won on 19:56 - Sep 24 with 2329 viewsbaz_qpr

Re Smithies - His shot stopping is good. His distribution today was poor. But my criticism is for two reasons.

1. Failure to organise his defence properly at set pieces. The goal against its not that he should have saved it its that after clearing the ball he allowed his defence to stand deep on his toes rather than pushing it out. He is not organising or communicating with the back 4 well at all and it's causing real problems.

2. And that ties into crosses. If you are an opposition manager you would be saying get as many crosses in as possible.He punched an easy catch in the last few minutes that immediately turned over the ball. He's not coming for crosses that he should do either and it puts us in trouble. IMHO gone backwards this year.
Lot better should have won on 20:41 - Sep 24 with 2196 viewsBoston

Lot better should have won on 17:32 - Sep 24 by Nov77

You all right '77? Sounds like somebody is letting the air out of you?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024