Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wonderful humane gesture by the club 07:39 - Nov 1 with 19388 viewsbaz_qpr

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/01/qpr-gives-fleet-of-coaches-to-brin

Whatever your thoughts on the migration issue something to be proud of the club for
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 07:45 - Nov 1 with 9500 viewsHunterhoop

Indeed. And shows further how we're much better engaged with the local community.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 08:01 - Nov 1 with 9456 viewspaulparker

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 07:45 - Nov 1 by Hunterhoop

Indeed. And shows further how we're much better engaged with the local community.

"local community" ???

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 08:10 - Nov 1 with 9437 viewsDorse

'The club would like to deny the rumours claiming that QPR's youth team bosses were seen opening champagne and cheering when the story was announced.'

Joking aside, great gesture by the club, whatever the politics of the situation.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 08:19 - Nov 1 with 9409 viewsdistortR

well done, Rangers. Proud of you.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 08:33 - Nov 1 with 9374 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Rangers. Very well done.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 08:55 - Nov 1 with 9335 viewsDejR_vu

Fantastic gesture. Given the general greed and self-interest within the game, fantastic for our club to be standing up and showing some human compassion.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 09:08 - Nov 1 with 9301 viewsoddball

be nice if they could provide us travel weary supporters free coach travel so we can get away early from the dross.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 09:22 - Nov 1 with 9268 viewsstevec

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 08:10 - Nov 1 by Dorse

'The club would like to deny the rumours claiming that QPR's youth team bosses were seen opening champagne and cheering when the story was announced.'

Joking aside, great gesture by the club, whatever the politics of the situation.

Youth team Dorse? The age of most of these kids, they should be straight into the first team.
Login to get fewer ads

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 09:39 - Nov 1 with 9222 viewsDevonWhite

Fantastic news, well done Rangers. I spent some time volunteering in Calais over the summer and it was shocking to see the conditions these kids were living in. Proud of our club today.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 09:49 - Nov 1 with 9172 viewsBoston

Rangers...coaches...it's the new C(alais)-Mob.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 09:54 - Nov 1 with 9162 viewsrobith

Just wanting to express my admiration and now leaving the thread before it descends into hell
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 09:56 - Nov 1 with 9158 viewsstevec

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 09:39 - Nov 1 by DevonWhite

Fantastic news, well done Rangers. I spent some time volunteering in Calais over the summer and it was shocking to see the conditions these kids were living in. Proud of our club today.

That is commendable Devon and I appreciate your heart is in the right place.

The bit I don't get is this. I've been to France it's a beautiful country, what was it about France that was so distressing that the people concerned have traversed the length of it to get to Calais. Are the French people and countrywide living conditions, really that terrible?

Genuine question, as I haven't been there for over 10 years, maybe it has become a hellhole? I'm open to being educated.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:17 - Nov 1 with 9103 viewsDevonWhite

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 09:56 - Nov 1 by stevec

The bit I don't get is this. I've been to France it's a beautiful country, what was it about France that was so distressing that the people concerned have traversed the length of it to get to Calais. Are the French people and countrywide living conditions, really that terrible?

Genuine question, as I haven't been there for over 10 years, maybe it has become a hellhole? I'm open to being educated.

I don't really want to derail the thread by debating the politics of it - I think we can all agree that it's vital we take care of the children, if nothing else - but briefly:

- the 10,000 in Calais is a fraction of the total number of refugees in Europe. Most have gone to Germany or Sweden or other countries like that.
- of the people I spoke to in the camp, the majority had ties to the UK in some way, or spoke English but not French/Italian/German
- the asylum process in Italy, where many landed on the boats from Africa, is incredibly slow, so people try and move on from there to reduce the waiting time stuck in camps
- a surprising number of refugees in Calais had no idea they'd be stuck there so long and wouldn't have come if they'd realised both that and how awful the conditions were. But are now stuck there.

If anyone is genuinely interested in the refugee situation, and why and how the people are coming across Europe, Patrick Kingsley's book "The New Odyssey" is well worth a read.

Whatever the reasons, these people are humans and were unlucky enough to be born in conflict zones, unlike us. Delighted the club is making the effort to help.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:18 - Nov 1 with 9095 viewsKonk

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 09:56 - Nov 1 by stevec

Well done QPR — a nice gesture.

Steve — For a lot of people wanting to get to the UK, it might be because they speak English or already have friends and family living in the UK. I had an Afghan taxi driver take me to the airport recently and he had one brother in Gothenburg and another in Munich — all were very grateful to have been offered asylum and he said they’d all settled well, but in an ideal world, they’d have ended up in the same country as each of their respective families was alone, and they only got to see each other once a year. I hope I never need to leave the UK, but if I did, I’d probably look to move to somewhere largely tolerant, safe, somewhere I had friends and family and somewhere like NZ or Canada where language wouldn’t be a big issue.

PS. Hats off to you Devon for going across to Calais - good man.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 10:19]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:27 - Nov 1 with 9049 viewsAntti_Heinola

Well done Rangers. Great work.

Bare bones.

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:27 - Nov 1 with 9047 viewsNW10Hoop

Calais Jungle U23 - 1, Greece Refugee Camp U23 - 5

Oh, coaches, not coaching staff. Sorry.

Seriously, though, a lovely touch by the club. So much to be proud of as a QPR fan, pretty much all of it off the pitch at the minute.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:29 - Nov 1 with 9040 viewsJigsore

30 thousand more and we might be able to fill our new stadium

well done Rangers

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:29 - Nov 1 with 9040 viewspaulparker

while the club are in a charitable mood why don't they use the coaches for the old folks for a trip to the seaside or under privileged kids in the area for a day out

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:41 - Nov 1 with 9000 viewsKonk

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:29 - Nov 1 by paulparker

while the club are in a charitable mood why don't they use the coaches for the old folks for a trip to the seaside or under privileged kids in the area for a day out

Yep, both good ideas, PP and I'm sure they'd be well appreciated across your support and beyond.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:45 - Nov 1 with 8986 viewsstevec

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:18 - Nov 1 by Konk

Well done QPR — a nice gesture.

Steve — For a lot of people wanting to get to the UK, it might be because they speak English or already have friends and family living in the UK. I had an Afghan taxi driver take me to the airport recently and he had one brother in Gothenburg and another in Munich — all were very grateful to have been offered asylum and he said they’d all settled well, but in an ideal world, they’d have ended up in the same country as each of their respective families was alone, and they only got to see each other once a year. I hope I never need to leave the UK, but if I did, I’d probably look to move to somewhere largely tolerant, safe, somewhere I had friends and family and somewhere like NZ or Canada where language wouldn’t be a big issue.

PS. Hats off to you Devon for going across to Calais - good man.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 10:19]

Konk and Devon, fair points and I'll leave it at that regards the immigration aspect.

Nice gesture by the club just hope it's not being leaned on politically, given the necessity of Sadiq Khan and Labour controlled Hammersmith & Fulham/Ealing boroughs compliance in granting stadium and training ground facilities.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:48 - Nov 1 with 8970 views18StoneOfHoop

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 08:01 - Nov 1 by paulparker

"local community" ???

Here's the W12 local community (of which I am a member) response to 23/6/16 and the local and nationwide upsurge in hate crimes as encouraged by Farage's incendiary rabble-rousing rhetoric.

70% voted to remain in the H & F referendum constituency.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/people-unite-send-strong-me
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 11:08]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:51 - Nov 1 with 8958 viewsNorthernr

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:29 - Nov 1 by paulparker

Like this you mean?

http://www.qprcommunitytrust.co.uk/extra-time-club.aspx

It's actually worth scrolling through all those links at the top of the site there to see just what a bloody wonderful thing Andy Evans has built at our club. Deserves far more publicity than it gets.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:51 - Nov 1 with 8955 viewsFDC

First Lineker and now QPR. What strange days we live in.

Really great gesture, first time I've felt good about QPR for weeks.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 10:53]
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:58 - Nov 1 with 8922 viewsHunterhoop

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 08:01 - Nov 1 by paulparker

"local community" ???

Jeez, PP. Read the article. It's not complicated.

This is a Hammersmith and Fulham Council initiative, led by the head of the council. We are merely supporting them by providing coaches free of charge.

It's the very definition of being better engaged with the local community, directly assisting the local council with an initiative, which many in the borough will have backed (hence the council doing it).
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 11:11 - Nov 1 with 8868 viewsWilloW4

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:51 - Nov 1 by Northernr

Like this you mean?

http://www.qprcommunitytrust.co.uk/extra-time-club.aspx

It's actually worth scrolling through all those links at the top of the site there to see just what a bloody wonderful thing Andy Evans has built at our club. Deserves far more publicity than it gets.

Fair call.. Andy Evans is a top bloke, Rangers through and through..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024