Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things with completely different meanings 12:31 - Dec 1 with 3654 viewsWokingR

A client took me out for a quick breakfast this morning and suggested we pop into the YMCA. Their restaurant is called The Y and outside is a big poster encouraging you to 'Eat at the Y'

Now, to my mind, that means something completely different

Any others ?
Things with completely different meanings on 12:36 - Dec 1 with 3639 viewsMonkey_Roots

When I was growing up, a 'waz' was gratifying yourself. Today apparently it means just a wee.

Also, in Australia 'Manchester' in what they call bedding materials - duvets etc...

Poll: Will we stay up?

Things with completely different meanings on 13:19 - Dec 1 with 3564 viewsEastR

my dad was a big fan of (the) wireless. But he never used a computer.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Things with completely different meanings on 14:14 - Dec 1 with 3503 viewsRedbourneR

A Californian introduced himself once by saying, Hi, I'm Randy.

I didn't shake his hand.
Things with completely different meanings on 14:23 - Dec 1 with 3472 viewsSINGINGDETECTIVE

Bum bag....is it something yanks carry there harris in?
Things with completely different meanings on 14:29 - Dec 1 with 3459 viewsaston_hoop

Things with completely different meanings on 13:19 - Dec 1 by EastR

my dad was a big fan of (the) wireless. But he never used a computer.

As a favour for a colleague, I reconditioned an old laptop for his elderly sister. She popped by to collect it and I explained all the features and gave her my number and told her to call me if she had any problems with the laptop. She called me later that night saying "I keep pressing this wireless button that you mentioned but I am not getting any stations at all. How do you fix this?"

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Things with completely different meanings on 14:29 - Dec 1 with 3454 viewslondonscottish

Things with completely different meanings on 14:23 - Dec 1 by SINGINGDETECTIVE

Bum bag....is it something yanks carry there harris in?

Actually, they call them fanny packs

https://www.amazon.com/Yens-FN-03-Fantasybag-3-Zipper-Fanny/dp/B00KDQFMG8

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Things with completely different meanings on 14:52 - Dec 1 with 3412 viewsizlingtonhoop

Cos in America fanny means ar se.

Not...

Yer minge...

[Post edited 1 Dec 2016 15:48]
Things with completely different meanings on 15:39 - Dec 1 with 3339 viewsKonk

Whenever we ponce a lift off my parents, before my Dad drives off, my Mum always says, “Have you got your coat/bag/presents? Right, have you got your strap on?”, which always gets a chuckle.

My Dad, being a thoughtful soul, usually has his mobile phone on silent, but vibrating mode for the alarm. My Mum once sat in a restaurant telling the whole family that she woke up that morning “with your Dad thrashing around under the covers, frantically trying to turn his vibrator off”.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Things with completely different meanings on 15:47 - Dec 1 with 3314 viewsSimonJames

This made me laugh, particularly no.13:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/erinchack/words-that-mean-something-completely-differen

100% of people who drink water will die.

Things with completely different meanings on 15:59 - Dec 1 with 3282 viewslondonscottish

Now I think about it there was a UK company bash a couple of years ago and the 70 year old billionaire founder owner and CEO had flown over to join in.

Everyone had dinner, the drinks had been flowing and the dance floor was filling.

The band the house band was knocking out tunes and the CEO walked up to the front with a good looking aide and asked "Can you guys play anything that's good for a shag?"

It turns out that a "shag" is a popular dance in North Carolina....

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Things with completely different meanings on 16:09 - Dec 1 with 3263 viewsTonto

following on from no 13, we had a cat when I was young, who would go and fetch things like a dog when you threw them. The most common thing thrown was a rubber, whilst I was doing my homework...

I told this story in full innocence to a devout catholic American. the look on his face was priceless...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Things with completely different meanings on 16:57 - Dec 1 with 3176 viewsdannyblue

Around 15 years ago I had a Swedish girlfriend and was invited to dinner at her parents in Stockholm.

As her mum served up the food her dad said: "This is a new meal. She loves the naked cock."

I didn't know what to say. He pointed at a Jamie Oliver book on the sideboard.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024