Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Henry Abuse 09:45 - Dec 2 with 12086 views08olesen

I was disgusted by some of our fans last night. It made me truly embarrassed to be an 'Rs fan. How the hell does booing a lad before he has even touched the ball help him. We have had the likes of Bosingwa, Park and Cisse come through this club in recent years, and Karl Henry is the one getting the abuse. Yes fans have a right to say what they want, but i think we have a very spoiled fan base at this point. Please, lets try and turn this around and make Loftus Road somewhere where we actually want to be, because at the moment im starting to question why i go when there is such a negative atmosphere from so many people in the ground.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Karl Henry Abuse on 09:49 - Dec 2 with 7790 views08olesen

I dont know why the video doesnt work for me. It was meant to be Ollie's presser, where he shows that he is annoyed with the Karl Henry situation too.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Karl Henry Abuse on 09:55 - Dec 2 with 7759 viewsrobith

I sit in the Paddocks and some guy started giving absolute pelters to Robinson, who has played, what, 5 games for us after overcoming 2 serious injuries? Robinson completely bit and was screaming back at it, almost thought he was going to step into the stands. Robinson then spent the next 5 minutes constantly looking over waiting for the guy to give him grief again. So well done to that fan, great use of your energy
Karl Henry Abuse on 09:55 - Dec 2 with 7756 viewsDesertBoot

In the QPR Podcast Ollie spoke about abusing your own players. He said cheer the player you like/is working hard for the team instead.
Henry booed from all four corners was embarrassing and (having spun through the game again when I got home) you can see he isn't impressed and the commentator remarked on it too.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 10:07]

Wish I could be like David Watts

Karl Henry Abuse on 10:01 - Dec 2 with 7733 viewsfrancisbowles

It was disgusting, the bloke may not be anyone's favourite but when he I picked he does try and play for our team. To his huge credit he does carry on and seems to shrug most of it off.
Karl Henry Abuse on 10:08 - Dec 2 with 7696 viewsDorse

Karl Henry Abuse on 09:49 - Dec 2 by 08olesen

I dont know why the video doesnt work for me. It was meant to be Ollie's presser, where he shows that he is annoyed with the Karl Henry situation too.

Doesn't work for me either. I have regularly made fun of Karl Henry on LFW but, for me, that is where the abuse doesn't make sense. Making fun of our own players is part and parcel of what we do: Simon Barker as Mavis is a good example. Bob Malcolm as a footballer is another.

We all know that, given the choice, we'd rather have bid so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye to Henry a few minutes after he scored that belter on the last day of the season. He isn't anyone's ideal player - except the last 5 managers.

But to abuse a tenth of the outfield players before they've kicked a ball is hardly helping. Put it another way: has abusing players made them better? If so, then Gus Caesar should have won the Ballon D'Or several times. Or Armand Traore might have won an egg and spoon race without needing 79 weeks out injured.

Henry isn't very good. I think he knows. He's hardy chucked his toys out of the pram or got sent off, or released a swarm killer bees in the Loft. There are players, of whom we all have much higher expectations, who don't get anything like the abuse he gets.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Karl Henry Abuse on 10:08 - Dec 2 with 7691 viewsdaveB

I thought it was the Wolves fans booing him but seemed like a lot were angry that peoples champion Sandro was coming off after another poor performance
Karl Henry Abuse on 10:10 - Dec 2 with 7682 viewsNorthernr

Why were we having to make a like for like substitution after 60 minutes when so much other stuff needed altering? Because the people's champion Sandro couldn't do more than an hour for his £50,000 this week.
Karl Henry Abuse on 10:14 - Dec 2 with 7666 views2Thomas2Bowles

If we are talking about poor performances, you would have had to take 5 off.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Karl Henry Abuse on 10:15 - Dec 2 with 7659 viewsDorse

Karl Henry Abuse on 10:10 - Dec 2 by Northernr

Why were we having to make a like for like substitution after 60 minutes when so much other stuff needed altering? Because the people's champion Sandro couldn't do more than an hour for his £50,000 this week.

It puts a terrible strain on his knees. That wallet weighs a fcuking ton.

Karl Henry Abuse on 10:17 - Dec 2 with 7646 viewsparker64

Karl Henry Abuse on 10:10 - Dec 2 by Northernr

Because Holloway chose to pick him.
Karl Henry Abuse on 10:25 - Dec 2 with 7611 viewsDejR_vu

I would think everybody knows that a negative atmosphere is counter productive but emotion is part and parcel of football. Rightly or wrongly, crowds are going to have their favourites and players they don't like.

I've only read it in print, not seen the video, so don't know how it was raised or Holloway's reaction, but really he should be experienced enough to side-step that without criticising the crowd. Frankly, the crap that has been served up over the last few years is enough to try the patience of a saint. He should be more concerned about the people that aren't turning up than those that do.

As for Robinson, he's supposed to be a professional. Concentrate on the job. He was badly at fault for the first goal and didn't exactly cover himself in glory for the second. If he can't handle the heat maybe he should be thinking about whether he's in the right profession. Biting and arguing with your own fans after a handful of appearances is really poor.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Karl Henry Abuse on 10:31 - Dec 2 with 7586 viewsElHoop

Karl Henry Abuse on 10:17 - Dec 2 by parker64

Because Holloway chose to pick him.

Ah but Holloway is allowed to pick him - that's all fine and dandy, but the rest of us are not allowed to wonder why he hadn't played for five minutes in the league before Ollie came back, without suddenly becoming founder members of the Sandro fan club and thus causing the mass emptying of drinks cabinets.

Perch isn't the only one who needs new f*cking brain.
Karl Henry Abuse on 10:42 - Dec 2 with 7525 viewsdaveB

Karl Henry Abuse on 10:31 - Dec 2 by ElHoop

Ah but Holloway is allowed to pick him - that's all fine and dandy, but the rest of us are not allowed to wonder why he hadn't played for five minutes in the league before Ollie came back, without suddenly becoming founder members of the Sandro fan club and thus causing the mass emptying of drinks cabinets.

Perch isn't the only one who needs new f*cking brain.

Hasselbaink was allowed to pick him as well and did when he first came in before learning what a waste of space he is. Holloway will learn that quickly as well.
Karl Henry Abuse on 10:43 - Dec 2 with 7517 viewsdaveB

Holloway on the abuse last night

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/holloway-explains-substitution-hits-qpr-fans
Karl Henry Abuse on 10:43 - Dec 2 with 7516 viewsqprxtc

If there's one bloody thing that get's my goat at Rangers it's booing our players.

I could care less about who it is, what they've done wrong in the past or what they may do wrong in the future. Booing your own players is fu(king b0ll0cks. And before they have even got onto the pitch is double b0ll0cks.

I don't care if you have paid hundreds or thousands for a season ticket, I don't care if you passionately hate the player. Don't fu9king boo your own players. Just fu(king don't. I hate people that do that more than I've ever disliked a player.

Do it down the pub, outside the ground. Sod it you can boo them on their way home if you want. Or go down the away end and boo them.

Booing your own players is for w@nkers.
Karl Henry Abuse on 10:43 - Dec 2 with 7514 viewsPinnerPaul

Karl Henry Abuse on 10:25 - Dec 2 by DejR_vu

I would think everybody knows that a negative atmosphere is counter productive but emotion is part and parcel of football. Rightly or wrongly, crowds are going to have their favourites and players they don't like.

I've only read it in print, not seen the video, so don't know how it was raised or Holloway's reaction, but really he should be experienced enough to side-step that without criticising the crowd. Frankly, the crap that has been served up over the last few years is enough to try the patience of a saint. He should be more concerned about the people that aren't turning up than those that do.

As for Robinson, he's supposed to be a professional. Concentrate on the job. He was badly at fault for the first goal and didn't exactly cover himself in glory for the second. If he can't handle the heat maybe he should be thinking about whether he's in the right profession. Biting and arguing with your own fans after a handful of appearances is really poor.

Robinson - I see you point, but booing your own player ON TO field, before he has touched the ball, isn't just "expressing an opinion" - the player hasn't done anything you give you an opinion to expesss.

Both examples just make a nonsense of the former Rs players last night, like Gareth, when they talk about "wonderful fans, special atmosphere ]" etc etc etc

If I was an away fan I'd be sitting there thinking "Yeah right, you're having a laugh!"
Karl Henry Abuse on 10:48 - Dec 2 with 7495 viewsBlue_Castello

Can't agree with the attitude that because we've had a lot of crap performances over the last few years that gives us the right to boo our own players.

Like the majority I think Karl Henry has reached his sell by date BUT he always gives 100% and I can't understand how booing any player will help the teams performance. Personally want to see Borysiuk either starting or on the bench, surely he's the future when it comes to defensive midfield.

The bloke giving Robinson grief needs to fecking look at himself first, as previously mentioned Robinson is getting back to full fitness and what most of us have seen so far is a quality player, do we want him to feel unwanted after 5 bl**dy games. Surely Perch being sent off and us down to 10 men was always going to give Wolves an advantage and if a professional player makes a mistake they know what's happened and don't need a bucket of salt rubbing into the wound.

As Ollie said on the podcast we have to support the team even when it's going t*ts up.....
Karl Henry Abuse on 10:49 - Dec 2 with 7488 viewsDannyPaddox

Really poor episode that. Booing the bloke as he's running on the pitch before he's even kicked the ball. We all knew halva-knees Sandro wasn't going to last the 90. We were playing with 10 men. Not entirely out of the game. The team didn't need it. 95% of the ground don't want to hear it and Henry didn't deserve it All those that booed should be given their own enclosure. Somewhere along the A40.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 10:54]
Karl Henry Abuse on 11:03 - Dec 2 with 7443 viewsparker64

If he was going to swap Sandro with Henry which he obviously was he should have done it at half time.
Karl Henry Abuse on 11:04 - Dec 2 with 7443 viewsDannytheR

Henry gets the worst of it, but half the team have had abuse from the crowd by now (I hadn't even realised Robinson was getting it too). At least we spread the love around, eh?

I saw someone here the other day advocating dropping Chery for Gladwin, a player whose confidence has clearly been shot to pieces by playing at LR. Last time I saw him, he spent his entire time like the nervous kid in the playground game, running about to appear involved while carefully avoiding going near the ball at all. And who can blame him?

As PinnerPaul says further up, if you were in an away end and heard the home support acting like we do, you'd think we were a right bunch of wnkers. When you remember the atmosphere we could conjure up at LR as recently as the Liverpool game, how many of our current players would even know we were even capable of it? Which of them is going to end their time with us thinking 'Yeah, QPR fans, I'm going to miss them'?

For all our sentimentality about Olly, I wonder if he still sees us as the same fans who were here 15 years ago. Because I think we're pretty much unrecognisable.
Karl Henry Abuse on 11:21 - Dec 2 with 7388 viewsMick_S

Karl Henry Abuse on 10:43 - Dec 2 by qprxtc

If there's one bloody thing that get's my goat at Rangers it's booing our players.

I could care less about who it is, what they've done wrong in the past or what they may do wrong in the future. Booing your own players is fu(king b0ll0cks. And before they have even got onto the pitch is double b0ll0cks.

I don't care if you have paid hundreds or thousands for a season ticket, I don't care if you passionately hate the player. Don't fu9king boo your own players. Just fu(king don't. I hate people that do that more than I've ever disliked a player.

Do it down the pub, outside the ground. Sod it you can boo them on their way home if you want. Or go down the away end and boo them.

Spot on.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Karl Henry Abuse on 11:32 - Dec 2 with 7334 views2Thomas2Bowles

Karl Henry Abuse on 11:04 - Dec 2 by DannytheR

Henry gets the worst of it, but half the team have had abuse from the crowd by now (I hadn't even realised Robinson was getting it too). At least we spread the love around, eh?

I saw someone here the other day advocating dropping Chery for Gladwin, a player whose confidence has clearly been shot to pieces by playing at LR. Last time I saw him, he spent his entire time like the nervous kid in the playground game, running about to appear involved while carefully avoiding going near the ball at all. And who can blame him?

As PinnerPaul says further up, if you were in an away end and heard the home support acting like we do, you'd think we were a right bunch of wnkers. When you remember the atmosphere we could conjure up at LR as recently as the Liverpool game, how many of our current players would even know we were even capable of it? Which of them is going to end their time with us thinking 'Yeah, QPR fans, I'm going to miss them'?

For all our sentimentality about Olly, I wonder if he still sees us as the same fans who were here 15 years ago. Because I think we're pretty much unrecognisable.

It's them under 25 glory hunters that don't remember Ollie last time round turned up when the money came in, have not stopped whining since, wish they would all feck off to support the scum.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Karl Henry Abuse on 11:33 - Dec 2 with 7323 viewshoof_hearted

Poor Karl. It was mostly the Wolves fans booing but some of our lot joined in for sure.

What was the alternative last night? Easy to boo and not so easy to come up with an answer to the immediate problem of that match.

After Henry came on we let the second goal in and maybe he was partially to blame. But then he was still on the pitch for the swashbuckling last 10 minutes last night when we should have got a point out of the game. Unless it was Henry that tied Lynch's laces together as he stood in front of the open goal for 3 seconds with the ball at his feet then leave the poor geezer alone.
Karl Henry Abuse on 11:37 - Dec 2 with 7309 viewsDorse

Karl Henry Abuse on 10:43 - Dec 2 by daveB

Holloway on the abuse last night

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/holloway-explains-substitution-hits-qpr-fans

'...Sandro was shunned by Holloway’s predecessors and many R’s fans have wanted him to be selected. Holloway has duly included him, but the Brazilian midfielder’s inability to last much more than half a match meant his substitution was inevitable.'

Nuff said. If he plays, we have to sub him. Which is why he doesn't play. We got royally boned when we signed that flaccid pizzle.

Karl Henry Abuse on 11:40 - Dec 2 with 7300 viewskensalriser

Karl Henry Abuse on 10:43 - Dec 2 by qprxtc

Do you mean couldn't care less?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024