Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gordon Taylor - grafting away for buttons. 10:15 - Dec 5 with 2437 viewsKonk

Gordon Taylor — I got angry enough thinking about him when I thought he was earning £1m pa, but it turns out he’s actually now being paid £3m+pa. I can put up with scheduling of fixtures at 4am on a Monday morning at two day’s notice, I can forgive my club once paying Darren Bent £55kpw, I can overlook ridiculously expensive ticket prices, club’s introducing eighteen new kits every season and trying to sell me warm bloody Carlsberg at £4.50 a pop; I have even come to terms with the fact that John Terry captained England, but Gordon Taylor on THREE FU CKING MILLION POUNDS A FU CKING YEAR may well be the straw that broke the camel’s back. Football — you’re a cu nt at times.

I thought I was taking the absolute pis s, fannying about all day in return for my salary; I’m now beginning to feel shockingly underpaid. I’ve got my appraisal tomorrow and I’m going to be raising Gordon Taylor’s salary with my manager. If my son ever becomes a professional footballer, I’ll encourage him to retire at twenty-four, get himself a role at the PFA and by the time he’s fifty, he’ll probably be the Trade Union movement’s first £1m a week administrator. Having said that, Gordon Taylor will probably go on for longer than the Queen — there’s no way that cun t will ever walk away from what has to be the most obscenely overpaid job in the universe. He’ll be like El Cid, with his family sending him into work strapped into a wheelchair, thirty years after his death. If I ever see him down at Fulham, I am definitely pinging my clapper at his napper.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/28/gordon-taylor-pfa-chief-executi

How did I miss this story? Was I on holiday? Did my mind just shut down halfway through in an act of self-preservation? I am fu cking outraged. Genuinely fu cking furious. How did this happen? If he hasn’t resigned by Christmas, I’m going to do a dirty protest on the podium carpet at the next PFA awards. Unbelievable.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2016 10:27]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Gordon Taylor - grafting away for buttons. on 10:20 - Dec 5 with 2428 viewspaulparker

The man is Vermin a proper wrong un , always has been
I said on the sexual abuse thread that Taylor knows a lot more than is going on and has probably kept schtum as to not affect any monies into his pocket ,
he is worse than a politician , I hope one day he meets a max Clifford type ending

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Gordon Taylor - grafting away for buttons. on 10:51 - Dec 5 with 2373 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

£150 per year membership to PFA.

Presuming ALL professional footballers pay it that's approximately (92 clubs x 23 players) x £150 = £317,000

Where does the rest come from?

https://www.thepfa.com/players/membership
Gordon Taylor - grafting away for buttons. on 10:55 - Dec 5 with 2363 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Gordon Taylor - grafting away for buttons. on 10:20 - Dec 5 by paulparker

The man is Vermin a proper wrong un , always has been
I said on the sexual abuse thread that Taylor knows a lot more than is going on and has probably kept schtum as to not affect any monies into his pocket ,
he is worse than a politician , I hope one day he meets a max Clifford type ending

Careful!
Gordon Taylor - grafting away for buttons. on 11:53 - Dec 5 with 2289 viewsKonk

Gordon Taylor - grafting away for buttons. on 10:51 - Dec 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

£150 per year membership to PFA.

Presuming ALL professional footballers pay it that's approximately (92 clubs x 23 players) x £150 = £317,000

Where does the rest come from?

https://www.thepfa.com/players/membership

According to the article, it's linked to the TV deals. He earns more than the average Premier League footballer. Still, it's a short career, so good luck to him - he's only been the Chief Executive of the PFA for thirty-five years so far. Hopefully he's putting some of it away for his retirement (he's seventy-one).

Gordon Taylor - grafting away for buttons. on 12:05 - Dec 5 with 2273 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Gordon Taylor - grafting away for buttons. on 11:53 - Dec 5 by Konk

According to the article, it's linked to the TV deals. He earns more than the average Premier League footballer. Still, it's a short career, so good luck to him - he's only been the Chief Executive of the PFA for thirty-five years so far. Hopefully he's putting some of it away for his retirement (he's seventy-one).

A bit of misnomer to call themselves a Union isn't it?
Gordon Taylor - grafting away for buttons. on 12:36 - Dec 5 with 2229 viewsKonk

Gordon Taylor - grafting away for buttons. on 12:05 - Dec 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

A bit of misnomer to call themselves a Union isn't it?

Hey, they do a lot of good work running workshops teaching the kids about gambling, drugs etc. And sometimes they pay for 4th division players to go to college when they've had their careers ended after injuries. It's probably the most important, stressful and demanding job in the country. He's worth every penny.

This piece lists their achievements:

https://www.thepfa.com/thepfa/about

"In more recent times when the role of the PFA has been fully appreciated by its members who supported it in disputes with the Premier League, the Football League and the Football Association with regard to the PFA’s entitlement to a percentage of television revenue."

And that just about sums it up - their most significant contribution of the past fifteen years has been securing more money for the union and bumping Gordon Taylor's wages up to more than twenty times what the PM earns. Well done, chaps!

Gordon Taylor - grafting away for buttons. (n/t) on 12:51 - Dec 5 with 2195 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Gordon Taylor - grafting away for buttons. on 12:36 - Dec 5 by Konk

Hey, they do a lot of good work running workshops teaching the kids about gambling, drugs etc. And sometimes they pay for 4th division players to go to college when they've had their careers ended after injuries. It's probably the most important, stressful and demanding job in the country. He's worth every penny.

This piece lists their achievements:

https://www.thepfa.com/thepfa/about

"In more recent times when the role of the PFA has been fully appreciated by its members who supported it in disputes with the Premier League, the Football League and the Football Association with regard to the PFA’s entitlement to a percentage of television revenue."

And that just about sums it up - their most significant contribution of the past fifteen years has been securing more money for the union and bumping Gordon Taylor's wages up to more than twenty times what the PM earns. Well done, chaps!

[Post edited 5 Dec 2016 13:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024